Skin is the largest organ of the body, and probably the one that is the most subjected to damage caused by environmental stressors. When it comes to aging, all of the impacts endured by your skin accumulate and, over time, cause wear and tear to the skin which manifests as wrinkles, age spots, or pigments.
Stretch marks are another cause for concern for both women and men. Although, unlike the skin issues mentioned above, stretch marks are likely caused by reactions happening with the body, the results, nevertheless, are visible from the surface of the skin.
What Causes Stretch Marks?
People are always interested to know how to remove stretch marks. Unfortunately, a permanent non-invasive procedure to completely bid stretch marks be gone has yet to be created. Why are stretch marks so difficult to treat after all?
Stretch marks or striae commonly develop where the body has fat deposits — abdomen, thighs, legs, buttocks, under side of arms and breasts. Stretch marks are the result of tears on fibers situated in the dermis, or the middle part of the skin. Rapid expansion or rapid contraction of the skin cause these fibers to tear following thinning out of the skin. When these are damaged, it leaves void spaces in the dermis which shows through the veins and the fat layer underneath. That’s why stretch marks are often a mix of silvery white and purplish or reddish color.
Hormonal changes during puberty, menstruation, pregnancy, as well as sudden weight loss or weight gain, and use of certain medications can all cause stretch marks to appear. It’s not easy to avoid it and normally poses self-esteem problems post pregnancy.
Erase your Stretch Marks in 6 Ways
It can be heartbreaking to find out that your once smooth and flawless tummy is now covered with stretch marks! Below are five ways on how to remove stretch marks you can try. Just remember that more often than not, the results are temporary, not guaranteed, and will vary across different people.
1. Stretch marks creams and ointments. There’s plenty available in the market but none quite meticulously studied for efficacy and long-term effects. Most likely, however, stretch marks will not be cured with topical applications since the damage is located in the dermis. The more promising ones tend to have retinol in the formulation. Retinol has been proven to have the ability to penetrate the skin deeply and positively stimulate collagen production.
2. Home remedies, including the application of cocoa butter, shea butter, coconut oil and massage. Again, since the damage is located deep into the skin, the likely benefits of these home remedies are the soothing effect of the itchiness or irritation caused by the thinning out and reddening of the affected area.
3. Laser treatments. There are several laser treatment options that may be considered. One is Laser Skin Resurfacing, which involves stimulating the skin cells to patch up the hollow in the skin that causes the stretch marks to be visible from the surface. Another one is Excimer Laser Therapy, which acts on stretchmarks by inducing the production of melanin. The intended result is to bring the color of the stretch mark affected area closer to the tone of the skin around it.
4. Radio Frequency Therapy. Uses radio frequency waves and magnets to energize skin cells and cause these to produce higher levels of collagen at faster rates where the stretch marks occur.
5. Cosmetics. Perhaps the most immediate remedy and the safest as well is to use makeup to cover up your stretch marks. Take note to use only long wear, water resistant products for this purpose. Moreover, use only products that dry down to a matte finish. For better control, take a slim makeup brush, a lipliner perhaps, to color in the lines with. Use your foundation, concealer, and bronzer to camouflage the damage.
If you have time and spare cash, get a body bronzing treatment. The dark, shimmery tone resulting from this procedure makes your stretch marks less noticeable. The other advantage of this method is that the body bronze lasts for several days
6. Tummy tuck. Of course, plastic surgery is an option if you’re willing to take that kind of risk for your stretch marks, that is.
Skin issues are real issues. Most of the time, vanity is on the line but so too is self-esteem. If you can live just fine with your stretch marks then, no need to make a fuss but, if you can’t, you’ll have to take action.
Best Places To Visit In The North Of England
If you live in England, you will know there are many different places to visit for the weekend. There are...
Green Home Improvement Ideas
In a world where environmental concerns are growing, the concept of “green” has gone beyond a trendy catchphrase and is...
How to Host an Unforgettable House-Warming!
The time has finally come. You have moved into your dream pad, and are officially adulting in your very own...
A Guide to Parking Lot Striping
The journey to a well-striped parking lot begins with the right paint. In this brief guide, we’ll unravel the mystery...
Business Tips For Protecting Your Finances During A Recession
In 2023, taking the necessary steps to protect your finances for your business is now more important than ever. The...
Tips For Cleaning Your Trainers
If you’re into your trainers and streetwear, you’re likely to be very conscious of keeping them looking their best! So,...
Branding Trends For Start-Ups in 2023
Branding is incredibly important as it impacts how your business reaches and connects with its target market. If you’re branding...
Avoiding the Wrong Kind of Growth
Growth is vital for any business – some models, like tech start-ups, are built around periods of dramatic, explosive growth...
How To Become A Property Developer
There are several reasons why an individual will want to become a property developer. One of the main reasons for...
What Is The Difference Between Cyber Attacks and Cyber Threats?
If you own a business that uses the cloud to manage workloads, you have probably heard of the terms cyberattack...
3 Types of Marketing Every Small Construction Business Should Do
Construction is a very saturated sector, whether you’re a large or small construction company, so marketing should be at the...
How Relevant Life Insurance Plans Can Future-Proof Your Business
Last year, UK inflation reached the highest level that it had been for decades. The markets became unsteady and nervous...
In a Car Accident? Here’s How to Find a Great Lawyer
If you’ve recently been in a car accident, you know that it can be an overwhelming experience. Not only do...
Considering Therapy? Here’s a Few Common Therapy Techniques Explained
If you’re considering therapy as a means to improve your mental health, you may be curious about the type of...
Top 5 Home Repairs You Should Never DIY
DIY home repairs are all the rage these days. But before you jump on the bandwagon, there are some things...
Tech9 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech9 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business4 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Business8 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Law3 years ago
How Can A Divorce Lawyer Help You Get Through Divorce?
Tech6 years ago
When To Send Your Bulk Messages?
Tech3 years ago
5 Link Building Strategies You Can Apply For Local SEO
Travel11 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat