Skin is the largest organ of the body, and probably the one that is the most subjected to damage caused by environmental stressors. When it comes to aging, all of the impacts endured by your skin accumulate and, over time, cause wear and tear to the skin which manifests as wrinkles, age spots, or pigments.
Stretch marks are another cause for concern for both women and men. Although, unlike the skin issues mentioned above, stretch marks are likely caused by reactions happening with the body, the results, nevertheless, are visible from the surface of the skin.
What Causes Stretch Marks?
People are always interested to know how to remove stretch marks. Unfortunately, a permanent non-invasive procedure to completely bid stretch marks be gone has yet to be created. Why are stretch marks so difficult to treat after all?
Stretch marks or striae commonly develop where the body has fat deposits — abdomen, thighs, legs, buttocks, under side of arms and breasts. Stretch marks are the result of tears on fibers situated in the dermis, or the middle part of the skin. Rapid expansion or rapid contraction of the skin cause these fibers to tear following thinning out of the skin. When these are damaged, it leaves void spaces in the dermis which shows through the veins and the fat layer underneath. That’s why stretch marks are often a mix of silvery white and purplish or reddish color.
Hormonal changes during puberty, menstruation, pregnancy, as well as sudden weight loss or weight gain, and use of certain medications can all cause stretch marks to appear. It’s not easy to avoid it and normally poses self-esteem problems post pregnancy.
Erase your Stretch Marks in 6 Ways
It can be heartbreaking to find out that your once smooth and flawless tummy is now covered with stretch marks! Below are five ways on how to remove stretch marks you can try. Just remember that more often than not, the results are temporary, not guaranteed, and will vary across different people.
1. Stretch marks creams and ointments. There’s plenty available in the market but none quite meticulously studied for efficacy and long-term effects. Most likely, however, stretch marks will not be cured with topical applications since the damage is located in the dermis. The more promising ones tend to have retinol in the formulation. Retinol has been proven to have the ability to penetrate the skin deeply and positively stimulate collagen production.
2. Home remedies, including the application of cocoa butter, shea butter, coconut oil and massage. Again, since the damage is located deep into the skin, the likely benefits of these home remedies are the soothing effect of the itchiness or irritation caused by the thinning out and reddening of the affected area.
3. Laser treatments. There are several laser treatment options that may be considered. One is Laser Skin Resurfacing, which involves stimulating the skin cells to patch up the hollow in the skin that causes the stretch marks to be visible from the surface. Another one is Excimer Laser Therapy, which acts on stretchmarks by inducing the production of melanin. The intended result is to bring the color of the stretch mark affected area closer to the tone of the skin around it.
4. Radio Frequency Therapy. Uses radio frequency waves and magnets to energize skin cells and cause these to produce higher levels of collagen at faster rates where the stretch marks occur.
5. Cosmetics. Perhaps the most immediate remedy and the safest as well is to use makeup to cover up your stretch marks. Take note to use only long wear, water resistant products for this purpose. Moreover, use only products that dry down to a matte finish. For better control, take a slim makeup brush, a lipliner perhaps, to color in the lines with. Use your foundation, concealer, and bronzer to camouflage the damage.
If you have time and spare cash, get a body bronzing treatment. The dark, shimmery tone resulting from this procedure makes your stretch marks less noticeable. The other advantage of this method is that the body bronze lasts for several days
6. Tummy tuck. Of course, plastic surgery is an option if you’re willing to take that kind of risk for your stretch marks, that is.
Skin issues are real issues. Most of the time, vanity is on the line but so too is self-esteem. If you can live just fine with your stretch marks then, no need to make a fuss but, if you can’t, you’ll have to take action.
3 Things You Need To Be Doing To Look After Your Teeth
Many people don’t prioritise looking after their teeth, however it is so important as we only get one adult set...
Car Care and Checklist for Road Trip
Are you planning a road trip across Australia? If you are, you must know that you couldn’t have chosen a...
Interior Design Secrets For Your Living Space
Interior design is not something that comes naturally to the majority of us. Figuring out how to pull a room...
Office Building Maintenance You’ll Need To Take Care Of
Like other buildings, office buildings need to be well-maintained so that they are safe, comfortable, and pleasing aesthetically. To accomplish...
Text Messages Vs Sexting Apps – What is best for fun?
It’s no secret that sexting has become a popular way for people to get their kicks. But what’s the best...
Hottest Trainer Brands for 2023
It’s time to update your wardrobe! As we get closer to 2023, it’s time to get the freshest fashion trends....
How To Have Great Personal Hygiene
Personal hygiene should be a basic practice of everyone’s routine. Feeling healthy and clean is a direct response to great...
Protecting Yourself From Scams
As the world becomes more digital, unfortunately many people are using this as a way to scam hard-working people. There...
Marketing Tips For A Gym Wear Brand
When starting a gym wear brand, there are a few things you need to do and one of them is...
Why Is Quantity Surveying Essential in Construction Industry
Quantity surveying is an essential part of the Australian construction industry. It is the process of calculating and estimating the...
How to Maintain Upholstered Furniture
No matter if you have pets or kids, maintaining your upholstered furniture is quite a challenge. Even though vacuuming it...
How Do I Find a Good Bubble.io Developer?
Finding a good bubble developer to help build your app or digital product can seem challenging. How can you choose...
When is a right time for home repairs?
Summer is a popular time for a renovation around the globe. While it is true that bright days and warm...
Top 15 Alteryx Competitors
The world has seen a tremendous rise in startups and new incorporations in the business world. Companies have great potential...
Latest Wedding Trends for 2023
If you’re planning on getting married this year, chances are you’re probably overwhelmed and confused when it comes to wedding...
Tech8 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech8 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business3 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Business7 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Law2 years ago
How Can A Divorce Lawyer Help You Get Through Divorce?
Travel10 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
Tech2 years ago
5 Link Building Strategies You Can Apply For Local SEO
General7 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys