Uterine Fibroids are non-cancerous tumors that develops in a woman’s uterus. They are also called leiomyomas or myomas and appear mostly during childbearing years. Fibroids won’t likely lead to a cancer and will not increase the risk of having one, but there’s no harm to seek for an advice from a gynaecologist.
Uterine Fibroids vary in shape, size, and location. It can be small and can’t be seen by the human eye and it can also form into big masses that can affect the shape and size of a woman’s uterus.
Causes of Uterine Fibroids
Doctors don’t really know the exact cause or how it develops but there are factors that they consider which influence the formation of fibroids.
- Family FactorsIf someone in your family has a history of this condition, maybe it’s your mother, grandmother, or your sister, there’s a possibility that you may develop it as well too.
- GeneticsResearchers identified that there’s a change in genes on Fibroids that differ from the normal cells in the uterus.
- HormonesThere are hormones that contributes to the growth of fibroid in the uterus. These are Progesterone and Estrogen. During a woman’s monthly period, they cause the lining of the uterus to thicken affecting fibroid growth.
- Extracellular Matric (ECM)ECM is responsible for making the cells stick together. Uterine fibroids have an increased number of ECM than the normal cells making them fibrous. ECM also contains growth factors that causes the biological changes in the cells.
Usually fibroids don’t have any symptoms. But if they do, the symptom depends on how many they are, their size, and location. Common symptoms and signs of uterine fibroids include the following:
- Heavy bleeding during your period and includes blood clots
- Lower back pain or in the pelvis
- Frequent urination
- Longer menstruation
- Pain while having sex
- Swelling of the Abdomen
Call a gynaecologist when you start to experience these conditions:
- Difficulty in emptying the bladder
- Severe pain in the pelvis
- Severe pain during menstruation
- Fullness or pressure in your abdomen
Treatment for Fibroids
A treatment plan will be prepared by a gynaecologist depending on the size of your fibroids, your age, and the status of your health. You may then receive different kinds of treatments.
- Surgical ProcedureMyomectomy is the surgical procedure that is performed to remove large or multiple number of fibroids in the uterus. Abdominal myomectomy involves the creation of a large abdominal incision to reach the uterus for fibroids removal.
- Home RemediesThe following home remedies can help you with your concern on fibroids:
- Less intake of high-calorie foods
- Better management of stress
- Lose weight if overweight
- Doing yoga
- Traditional Chinese medicine (Gui Zhi Fu Ling Tang or GFLT)
There are certain medications that can regulate your hormone levels that may be prescribed by a gynaecologist to decrease the size of fibroids. GnRH antagonists work by stopping the body from producing FSH or follicle-stimulating hormone and LH or luteneizing hormone. Luprolide or Lupron is a gonadotropin-releasing hormone or GnRH agonist that causes the levels of progesterone and estrogen to drop. This will stop your period causing the fibroids to shrink.
Elevating Your Writing Skills With These Simple Steps
Writing skills are an essential part of communication and is not something that naturally comes from within. You have to...
When to Replace Your Car’s Tires and How to See The Warning Signs
Trying to get by with tires that may be long past their prime can lead to many problems. Worn tires...
4 Reasons Why Your Small Business Should Hire An SEO Company
Starting a small business is a very noble endeavor. It takes a lot of courage to step away from the...
What Effects Would Artificial Intelligence Have on the Future of Digital Marketing?
In the past few years, the wave of technology has drastically transformed digital marketing. From connecting with people to working...
Best Affiliate Marketing Software Of 2021
The best affiliate marketing software makes earning advertising revenue from your website quick and convenient. The next challenge is to...
When Is It Time For You to Declare Bankruptcy?
If you’ve reached a point where you can no longer pay your debts, you need to file for bankruptcy protection....
Paying More For The Same Flawed Healthcare Insurance
Chances are, you are paying more for your health insurance this year than last year. You may well wonder, why...
Conveyor Belt Systems: 6 Ways to Improve Efficiency
You might think that conveyor belt systems cannot be improved because of the simplicity of their design. After all, how...
3D Rendering Terminology: Guide For Architects to Communicate With CG Artists
When chipping away at a building representation project, a modeler and a 3D delivering worker for hire need to see...
Learn and Become A Professional DevOps Engineer!
Have you been having a tough time deciding what you want to do when you grow up? Once your school...
Debunking The Common Myths About Cosmetic Surgery
Just a few years back, plastic surgery was thought to be some kind of sorcery or something that existed in...
How to Choose The Right Type Of Flooring For Your New Home
Building a house from scratch can be a tedious and stressful process even though you know you are doing something...
3 Ways To Style An Oversized White Shirt This Summer
If there is one staple item you need ready for your summer wardrobe, it’s an oversized white shirt. They are...
5 Tips For Picking The Perfect Wedding Ring
Your big day is coming up for your wedding day and you set the standards too high with your engagement...
What’s That Thing Called? All You Need to Know About Your Car’s Lift Struts
Imagine you’re out for grocery shopping or a weekend outing with family, and you need to load your shopping or...
Tech6 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech6 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business5 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Travel9 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
General6 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
Tech7 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
Tech6 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
Health7 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition