Uterine Fibroids are non-cancerous tumors that develops in a woman’s uterus. They are also called leiomyomas or myomas and appear mostly during childbearing years. Fibroids won’t likely lead to a cancer and will not increase the risk of having one, but there’s no harm to seek for an advice from a gynaecologist.
Uterine Fibroids vary in shape, size, and location. It can be small and can’t be seen by the human eye and it can also form into big masses that can affect the shape and size of a woman’s uterus.
Causes of Uterine Fibroids
Doctors don’t really know the exact cause or how it develops but there are factors that they consider which influence the formation of fibroids.
- Family FactorsIf someone in your family has a history of this condition, maybe it’s your mother, grandmother, or your sister, there’s a possibility that you may develop it as well too.
- GeneticsResearchers identified that there’s a change in genes on Fibroids that differ from the normal cells in the uterus.
- HormonesThere are hormones that contributes to the growth of fibroid in the uterus. These are Progesterone and Estrogen. During a woman’s monthly period, they cause the lining of the uterus to thicken affecting fibroid growth.
- Extracellular Matric (ECM)ECM is responsible for making the cells stick together. Uterine fibroids have an increased number of ECM than the normal cells making them fibrous. ECM also contains growth factors that causes the biological changes in the cells.
Usually fibroids don’t have any symptoms. But if they do, the symptom depends on how many they are, their size, and location. Common symptoms and signs of uterine fibroids include the following:
- Heavy bleeding during your period and includes blood clots
- Lower back pain or in the pelvis
- Frequent urination
- Longer menstruation
- Pain while having sex
- Swelling of the Abdomen
Call a gynaecologist when you start to experience these conditions:
- Difficulty in emptying the bladder
- Severe pain in the pelvis
- Severe pain during menstruation
- Fullness or pressure in your abdomen
Treatment for Fibroids
A treatment plan will be prepared by a gynaecologist depending on the size of your fibroids, your age, and the status of your health. You may then receive different kinds of treatments.
- Surgical ProcedureMyomectomy is the surgical procedure that is performed to remove large or multiple number of fibroids in the uterus. Abdominal myomectomy involves the creation of a large abdominal incision to reach the uterus for fibroids removal.
- Home RemediesThe following home remedies can help you with your concern on fibroids:
- Less intake of high-calorie foods
- Better management of stress
- Lose weight if overweight
- Doing yoga
- Traditional Chinese medicine (Gui Zhi Fu Ling Tang or GFLT)
There are certain medications that can regulate your hormone levels that may be prescribed by a gynaecologist to decrease the size of fibroids. GnRH antagonists work by stopping the body from producing FSH or follicle-stimulating hormone and LH or luteneizing hormone. Luprolide or Lupron is a gonadotropin-releasing hormone or GnRH agonist that causes the levels of progesterone and estrogen to drop. This will stop your period causing the fibroids to shrink.
Maximum Power: Update Your Old House For Modern Electrical Needs
An outdated electrical system can wreak havoc on your energy bills and greatly increase your risk of structural damage. If...
Key Techniques To Learn On A First Aid Course
Introduction First aid training is an incredible qualification that can enable one to offer life saving assistance in an emergency....
Best Tips For Managing Your Building and Construction Projects
Building and construction projects consist of many tasks, from job-site duties to office paperwork. Juggling it all can oftentimes be...
How To Choose The Best Locksmith For The Job
The existence of a locksmith is very crucial for society because they help out countless people on a daily basis....
5 Modern Conservatory Ideas To Create A Serene Escape
Having a serene and relaxing conservatory is the dream, especially in the summer months. Creating an extension of your home...
4 Different Types Of Lifting Equipment For A Construction Site
One of the biggest challenges on a construction site is the problem of lifting heavy materials and tools to a...
5 Tips That Can Help Your Business Flourish
Many, both small and big, businesses were affected by the outbreak of the novel coronavirus, no one was spared. Overnight,...
Why First Aid Training Is Essential For Your Business
Introduction All employers, depending on the establishment, should organize and provide basic appropriate conditions for lunch breaks as well as...
Are You Covered? Tips For Finding Affordable Health Insurance For Your Whole Family
If you are in the market for health insurance, you may be overwhelmed by the many different features and the...
How to Prevent Potential Hazards In A Lab
Unfortunately, lab accidents can happen. When they do, the consequences can be very serious. Some of the most common lab...
How to Extend Your UK Spouse Visa
The UK spouse visa is also known as a UK marriage visa. The UK spouse visa allows married partners of...
How Best Is Automation Helping The Retail Industry to Survive?
“In the post Covid-19 world, the only place cos are willing to invest is in automation. The return on investment...
Best Artificial Intelligence Trends to Watch Out In 2021
Technologies are getting advanced day by day, and according to that, the developers and the mobile app development companies should...
Keeping Your Assets Safe — Crypto Insurance May Soon Become The Norm
Many people all over the world have compared the cryptocurrency market to the wild West, largely because of the fact...
Which VPN Is Best For The Windows 10?
VPN is necessary whether you are doing personal or professional activities. Fully secure VPN for the Windows 10 are hard...
Tech6 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech6 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business5 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Travel9 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
General6 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
Tech7 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
Tech6 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
Health7 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition