Uterine Fibroids: What Are Its Causes, Symptoms, and Treatments?
Uterine Fibroids are non-cancerous tumors that develops in a woman’s uterus. They are also called leiomyomas or myomas and appear mostly during childbearing years. Fibroids won’t likely lead to a cancer and will not increase the risk of having one, but there’s no harm to seek for an advice from a gynaecologist.
Uterine Fibroids vary in shape, size, and location. It can be small and can’t be seen by the human eye and it can also form into big masses that can affect the shape and size of a woman’s uterus.
Causes of Uterine Fibroids
Doctors don’t really know the exact cause or how it develops but there are factors that they consider which influence the formation of fibroids.
- Family FactorsIf someone in your family has a history of this condition, maybe it’s your mother, grandmother, or your sister, there’s a possibility that you may develop it as well too.
- GeneticsResearchers identified that there’s a change in genes on Fibroids that differ from the normal cells in the uterus.
- HormonesThere are hormones that contributes to the growth of fibroid in the uterus. These are Progesterone and Estrogen. During a woman’s monthly period, they cause the lining of the uterus to thicken affecting fibroid growth.
- Extracellular Matric (ECM)ECM is responsible for making the cells stick together. Uterine fibroids have an increased number of ECM than the normal cells making them fibrous. ECM also contains growth factors that causes the biological changes in the cells.
Usually fibroids don’t have any symptoms. But if they do, the symptom depends on how many they are, their size, and location. Common symptoms and signs of uterine fibroids include the following:
- Heavy bleeding during your period and includes blood clots
- Lower back pain or in the pelvis
- Frequent urination
- Longer menstruation
- Pain while having sex
- Swelling of the Abdomen
Call a gynaecologist when you start to experience these conditions:
- Difficulty in emptying the bladder
- Severe pain in the pelvis
- Severe pain during menstruation
- Fullness or pressure in your abdomen
Treatment for Fibroids
A treatment plan will be prepared by a gynaecologist depending on the size of your fibroids, your age, and the status of your health. You may then receive different kinds of treatments.
- Surgical ProcedureMyomectomy is the surgical procedure that is performed to remove large or multiple number of fibroids in the uterus. Abdominal myomectomy involves the creation of a large abdominal incision to reach the uterus for fibroids removal.
- Home RemediesThe following home remedies can help you with your concern on fibroids:
- Less intake of high-calorie foods
- Better management of stress
- Lose weight if overweight
- Doing yoga
- Traditional Chinese medicine (Gui Zhi Fu Ling Tang or GFLT)
There are certain medications that can regulate your hormone levels that may be prescribed by a gynaecologist to decrease the size of fibroids. GnRH antagonists work by stopping the body from producing FSH or follicle-stimulating hormone and LH or luteneizing hormone. Luprolide or Lupron is a gonadotropin-releasing hormone or GnRH agonist that causes the levels of progesterone and estrogen to drop. This will stop your period causing the fibroids to shrink.
In a Car Accident? Here’s How to Find a Great Lawyer
If you’ve recently been in a car accident, you know that it can be an overwhelming experience. Not only do...
Considering Therapy? Here’s a Few Common Therapy Techniques Explained
If you’re considering therapy as a means to improve your mental health, you may be curious about the type of...
Top 5 Home Repairs You Should Never DIY
DIY home repairs are all the rage these days. But before you jump on the bandwagon, there are some things...
The Power of CBD Oil for Relaxation: How to Use it for Sleep and Stress Relief
If you’re struggling to get a good night’s sleep or feeling stressed, try CBD oil. CBD oil has a moment...
Benefits of Getting your Mobile Phone Repair
Mobile phone repair is a task that needs high skills and experience. That is why we always recommend users trust...
Great Ways To Clean To Get Your Security Deposit Back In Full
Moving is almost always stressful as there are tons of things to plan and do. Getting your security deposit back...
DIY Garage Door Repair: Tips and Tricks for Fixing Common Problems and Maintaining Your System
If your garage door needs to be fixed, wait to call a repairer. Many common problems can be fixed quickly...
7 Tips to Choosing the Right University for You
Are you considering continuing your education at university? If so, it can be overwhelming to decide which school is right...
3 Ways Loans from Credit Unions Are Different From Major Banks
If you’re in the loan market, you may wonder if a credit union is the right choice. Here are three...
The World of Coffee: Exploring the Aromas, Flavors, and Benefits of the World’s Most Popular Beverage
Coffee is one of the world’s most popular beverages, enjoyed by people of all ages and backgrounds. It’s also one...
New Driver? 5 Things to Consider When Looking for Driving School
When it comes to choosing a driving school, there are many factors to consider. Not all driving schools are created...
Landscape Irrigation Systems: The Basics
If you’re a homeowner, you know that keeping your lawn and landscaping looking nice can be a lot of work....
5 Things to Look for in Luxury Hotels
When it comes to luxury hotels, there is a lot to look out for. Here are five key things that...
Is There a Difference Between Commercial and Residential Concrete?
If you’re a contractor, you know that concrete is a versatile construction material. But did you know that there are...
5 Tips to Find the Right Litigation Firm
When it comes to selecting the right litigation firm for your legal needs, choosing wisely is of utmost importance. It’s...
Tech8 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech8 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business3 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Business7 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Law2 years ago
How Can A Divorce Lawyer Help You Get Through Divorce?
Tech5 years ago
When To Send Your Bulk Messages?
Travel11 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
Tech2 years ago
5 Link Building Strategies You Can Apply For Local SEO