Uterine Fibroids are non-cancerous tumors that develops in a woman’s uterus. They are also called leiomyomas or myomas and appear mostly during childbearing years. Fibroids won’t likely lead to a cancer and will not increase the risk of having one, but there’s no harm to seek for an advice from a gynaecologist.
Uterine Fibroids vary in shape, size, and location. It can be small and can’t be seen by the human eye and it can also form into big masses that can affect the shape and size of a woman’s uterus.
Causes of Uterine Fibroids
Doctors don’t really know the exact cause or how it develops but there are factors that they consider which influence the formation of fibroids.
- Family FactorsIf someone in your family has a history of this condition, maybe it’s your mother, grandmother, or your sister, there’s a possibility that you may develop it as well too.
- GeneticsResearchers identified that there’s a change in genes on Fibroids that differ from the normal cells in the uterus.
- HormonesThere are hormones that contributes to the growth of fibroid in the uterus. These are Progesterone and Estrogen. During a woman’s monthly period, they cause the lining of the uterus to thicken affecting fibroid growth.
- Extracellular Matric (ECM)ECM is responsible for making the cells stick together. Uterine fibroids have an increased number of ECM than the normal cells making them fibrous. ECM also contains growth factors that causes the biological changes in the cells.
Usually fibroids don’t have any symptoms. But if they do, the symptom depends on how many they are, their size, and location. Common symptoms and signs of uterine fibroids include the following:
- Heavy bleeding during your period and includes blood clots
- Lower back pain or in the pelvis
- Frequent urination
- Longer menstruation
- Pain while having sex
- Swelling of the Abdomen
Call a gynaecologist when you start to experience these conditions:
- Difficulty in emptying the bladder
- Severe pain in the pelvis
- Severe pain during menstruation
- Fullness or pressure in your abdomen
Treatment for Fibroids
A treatment plan will be prepared by a gynaecologist depending on the size of your fibroids, your age, and the status of your health. You may then receive different kinds of treatments.
- Surgical ProcedureMyomectomy is the surgical procedure that is performed to remove large or multiple number of fibroids in the uterus. Abdominal myomectomy involves the creation of a large abdominal incision to reach the uterus for fibroids removal.
- Home RemediesThe following home remedies can help you with your concern on fibroids:
- Less intake of high-calorie foods
- Better management of stress
- Lose weight if overweight
- Doing yoga
- Traditional Chinese medicine (Gui Zhi Fu Ling Tang or GFLT)
There are certain medications that can regulate your hormone levels that may be prescribed by a gynaecologist to decrease the size of fibroids. GnRH antagonists work by stopping the body from producing FSH or follicle-stimulating hormone and LH or luteneizing hormone. Luprolide or Lupron is a gonadotropin-releasing hormone or GnRH agonist that causes the levels of progesterone and estrogen to drop. This will stop your period causing the fibroids to shrink.
What Are The Better Ways Of Building Data Lakes? : The Right Way Is Critical
The pattern is the main period that each enterprise needs to be conscious of if they need to generate greater...
Everything You Need to Think About Before The Road Trip
Road trips are perhaps the most flexible vacation format: they can be as long or fast, intense or relaxed, planned...
Justice Law In Rural Area: Keep Community Feels Secure
In order to strive and keep on progressing forward, the judiciary system plays an important role in instituting trust within...
Get The Best Of Dynamics 365 CRM With Inogic Productivity Suite Now!
Finally, at the end of 2020, it’s here. When we started an unexpected lockdown, we were all able to pause,...
How to Combine Traditional and Modern Furniture With Style
Are you in love with both traditional and modern furniture styles? Do you feel like you can’t decide between those...
Must-Have Womens Weekend Away Accessories
If you’re planning a weekend away, there are a few essentials that will keep you looking stylish whilst also being...
How to Organize Your Garage
Do you have so much stuff in your garage, your car is left out in the cold? Keep reading. Your...
Tips On Preventing Accidents In The Workplace and Keep Your Employees Safe
Preventing accidents in the workplace is both the moral and ethical responsibility of every employer. Knowing that there’s a safety...
4 Surprising Ways SaaS Can Be A Game Changer For Small Business
The World Wide Web will never run out of tips and strategies on how to grow your business. These days,...
Understanding SaaS, PaaS, IaaS Prior to Selecting One For Your Business
Summary: Cloud Computing is rising at a faster pace, and it’s crucially important for organizations to move to the Cloud...
5 Tips to Avoid Federal Tax Penalty For Taxpayers
When you are undergoing a tax issue, then it is vital to have knowledge of what are you up against...
Spy App For Android A Tool For Keeping Workplace
Dealing with routine matters has been a lot easier and stress-free thanks to modern technology. Want to order food, use...
How to Create A Backyard Zen Oasis
The lifestyle of the modern era usually depletes one’s energy by the time they get home from work. Whether or...
Mistakes You Need to Avoid When Preparing Your CV
Writing a CV can be hard. You have to somehow condense all your experience into 1 or 2 A4 pages....
Home Decor Trends For 2021: What You Can Expect
This year, the Covid pandemic has had a huge impact on many different industries and sectors and one which has...
- Tech6 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech6 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business5 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel9 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General6 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech7 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Tech6 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Health7 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition