Uterine Fibroids are non-cancerous tumors that develops in a woman’s uterus. They are also called leiomyomas or myomas and appear mostly during childbearing years. Fibroids won’t likely lead to a cancer and will not increase the risk of having one, but there’s no harm to seek for an advice from a gynaecologist.
Uterine Fibroids vary in shape, size, and location. It can be small and can’t be seen by the human eye and it can also form into big masses that can affect the shape and size of a woman’s uterus.
Causes of Uterine Fibroids
Doctors don’t really know the exact cause or how it develops but there are factors that they consider which influence the formation of fibroids.
- Family FactorsIf someone in your family has a history of this condition, maybe it’s your mother, grandmother, or your sister, there’s a possibility that you may develop it as well too.
- GeneticsResearchers identified that there’s a change in genes on Fibroids that differ from the normal cells in the uterus.
- HormonesThere are hormones that contributes to the growth of fibroid in the uterus. These are Progesterone and Estrogen. During a woman’s monthly period, they cause the lining of the uterus to thicken affecting fibroid growth.
- Extracellular Matric (ECM)ECM is responsible for making the cells stick together. Uterine fibroids have an increased number of ECM than the normal cells making them fibrous. ECM also contains growth factors that causes the biological changes in the cells.
Usually fibroids don’t have any symptoms. But if they do, the symptom depends on how many they are, their size, and location. Common symptoms and signs of uterine fibroids include the following:
- Heavy bleeding during your period and includes blood clots
- Lower back pain or in the pelvis
- Frequent urination
- Longer menstruation
- Pain while having sex
- Swelling of the Abdomen
Call a gynaecologist when you start to experience these conditions:
- Difficulty in emptying the bladder
- Severe pain in the pelvis
- Severe pain during menstruation
- Fullness or pressure in your abdomen
Treatment for Fibroids
A treatment plan will be prepared by a gynaecologist depending on the size of your fibroids, your age, and the status of your health. You may then receive different kinds of treatments.
- Surgical ProcedureMyomectomy is the surgical procedure that is performed to remove large or multiple number of fibroids in the uterus. Abdominal myomectomy involves the creation of a large abdominal incision to reach the uterus for fibroids removal.
- Home RemediesThe following home remedies can help you with your concern on fibroids:
- Less intake of high-calorie foods
- Better management of stress
- Lose weight if overweight
- Doing yoga
- Traditional Chinese medicine (Gui Zhi Fu Ling Tang or GFLT)
There are certain medications that can regulate your hormone levels that may be prescribed by a gynaecologist to decrease the size of fibroids. GnRH antagonists work by stopping the body from producing FSH or follicle-stimulating hormone and LH or luteneizing hormone. Luprolide or Lupron is a gonadotropin-releasing hormone or GnRH agonist that causes the levels of progesterone and estrogen to drop. This will stop your period causing the fibroids to shrink.
4 Most Efficient Drainage Systems for Flat Roofs
The matter of drainage is the essential function of your roof. In fact, the very shape of a roof (a...
Google Algorithm Updates to Expect by The End Of 2021
Google’s algorithm updates tend to come with a lot of uncertainty and questions, and getting ahead of them is the...
Cozy Home Office Setup Tips For 2021
Whether you work from home or have set out a place for something you like such as crafting, studying, or...
Garden Party Ideas For Everyone
No one can make “a perfect’’ garden party, but we are all able to throw an amazing one. Of course,...
How To Find Low Competition Long Tail Keywords Using Free Tools
Keywords are the most fundamental and highest ROI activity when it comes to SEM and SEO. Having the right keywords,...
Top Tips For Healthy Family Meals On A Budget
A healthy diet is not very difficult to follow since there is a lot of information available on the Internet...
Tips For Your Morning Skincare Routine
Keeping your skin healthy can come down to numerous things. A healthy diet will be a good start in keeping...
How to Make SEO Work For You and Your Business
The world of search engine optimization has changed a lot, but certain fundamental principles like focusing on target keywords to...
How to Increase Your Vegetable Garden Yield This Year
If you are going thru the effort of planning, planting, caring, and growing your plants, you naturally want to get...
Why Families Benefit From A Family Dentist When Dealing With Oral Health Issues
Oral Health issues can be a source of conflict and stress in families, especially in families with young children. Not...
What Type Of SEO Is Effective?
Every business knows that it takes a huge amount of time and money to maintain a website. However, no one...
4 Reasons to Replace Your Car’s Engine With Performance Parts
Performance parts are the best kind of upgrades you can make to a car. Performance cars have a higher price...
Maximum Power: Update Your Old House For Modern Electrical Needs
An outdated electrical system can wreak havoc on your energy bills and greatly increase your risk of structural damage. If...
Key Techniques To Learn On A First Aid Course
Introduction First aid training is an incredible qualification that can enable one to offer life saving assistance in an emergency....
Best Tips For Managing Your Building and Construction Projects
Building and construction projects consist of many tasks, from job-site duties to office paperwork. Juggling it all can oftentimes be...
Tech6 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech6 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business6 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Travel9 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
General6 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
Tech7 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
Tech6 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
Health8 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition