Indian railways are known to have the largest network, which are catering million people. People in India use train, as a mean of transport, on every day basis. Train journey as we may be enjoyable but at the same time its not so easy as well. But there are many facts which you may not be aware of, so in this article, you will get to read about such amazing facts.
- The first train network started in the year 1853, which was connecting Bombay and Thane. Back in the days, cartridges were positioned with the use of elephants.
- The fastest train in India, is Shatapdi Express, which connects between New Delhi and Bhopal. It covers 704kms of distance, within 7 hours and 50 minutes of time span. The slowest train in India is Nilgiri Express, as the average speed of this train is 10kmph.
- Longest route covered through train is between Dibrugarh and Kanyakumari, by Vivek Express. It covers 4,273 kilometers of distance, along with 56 stops in between and trip takes 82.36 hours to reach. The shortest route covered by train is from Nagpur to Ajni, with the distance of only 3 kilometers.
- Indian railway runs 11,000 trains, that too in one day, making Indian railway organization massively successful. With this Lucknow, is the busiest connection in India, which has 64 trains going out and coming in, every day.
- The one railway commute, which is the most unreliable is Guwahati and Trivandrum train express, ad it usually gets late by an average of 10 to 12 hours.
- Trains begin to have toilets, after having 50 years of railway connection in India. Before that, passengers used to wait for the next station to arrive. The one person who should be acknowledged for this is Okhil Chandra, who wrote a letter addressing to Indian rails, with regards to this problem.
- There is one railway station which is built in between two states, i.e. Navapur station, falling half on the Maharashtra side and other in Gujarat. With contrast to this, there are two stations i.e. Belapur and Srirampur arriving at one location, but being on opposite tracks.
- Indian railway is known to have largest recruiter, as it has a workforce of nearly 1.54 million people.
- With so many trains, and railway stations, Indian railways get about 10,000 meals each day. Online food order in train, has become very common and easy process. There are various online portals available for food delivery. IRCTC is also planning to take the responsibility of catering services on Indian railways, by the end of December, 2018.In New Delhi, Rail Museum was established in the year 1977. This National Museum of rail, is considered to be the largest among Asia, and it consists of both working as well as non-working models. This museum is actually spread across the land of 11 acres. It has exclusive collection of locomotives, photographs, carriages, steam engines and much more. One of the amazing part of this museum, is it having toy train, in which you can ride around and explore the museum.
- Indian Railway also offers the luxury train in India with most luxurious services onboard train. The popular Trains are Palace on Wheels, The Maharaja Express, The Golden Chariot and Deccan Odyssey. These trains makes you feel like royals.
So these were some of the interesting and amazing facts of our great Indian railway system., which one should be known with.
Best Places To Visit In The North Of England
If you live in England, you will know there are many different places to visit for the weekend. There are...
Green Home Improvement Ideas
In a world where environmental concerns are growing, the concept of “green” has gone beyond a trendy catchphrase and is...
How to Host an Unforgettable House-Warming!
The time has finally come. You have moved into your dream pad, and are officially adulting in your very own...
A Guide to Parking Lot Striping
The journey to a well-striped parking lot begins with the right paint. In this brief guide, we’ll unravel the mystery...
Business Tips For Protecting Your Finances During A Recession
In 2023, taking the necessary steps to protect your finances for your business is now more important than ever. The...
Tips For Cleaning Your Trainers
If you’re into your trainers and streetwear, you’re likely to be very conscious of keeping them looking their best! So,...
Branding Trends For Start-Ups in 2023
Branding is incredibly important as it impacts how your business reaches and connects with its target market. If you’re branding...
Avoiding the Wrong Kind of Growth
Growth is vital for any business – some models, like tech start-ups, are built around periods of dramatic, explosive growth...
How To Become A Property Developer
There are several reasons why an individual will want to become a property developer. One of the main reasons for...
What Is The Difference Between Cyber Attacks and Cyber Threats?
If you own a business that uses the cloud to manage workloads, you have probably heard of the terms cyberattack...
3 Types of Marketing Every Small Construction Business Should Do
Construction is a very saturated sector, whether you’re a large or small construction company, so marketing should be at the...
How Relevant Life Insurance Plans Can Future-Proof Your Business
Last year, UK inflation reached the highest level that it had been for decades. The markets became unsteady and nervous...
In a Car Accident? Here’s How to Find a Great Lawyer
If you’ve recently been in a car accident, you know that it can be an overwhelming experience. Not only do...
Considering Therapy? Here’s a Few Common Therapy Techniques Explained
If you’re considering therapy as a means to improve your mental health, you may be curious about the type of...
Top 5 Home Repairs You Should Never DIY
DIY home repairs are all the rage these days. But before you jump on the bandwagon, there are some things...
Tech9 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech9 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business4 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Business8 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Law3 years ago
How Can A Divorce Lawyer Help You Get Through Divorce?
Tech6 years ago
When To Send Your Bulk Messages?
Tech3 years ago
5 Link Building Strategies You Can Apply For Local SEO
Travel11 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat