Indian railways are known to have the largest network, which are catering million people. People in India use train, as a mean of transport, on every day basis. Train journey as we may be enjoyable but at the same time its not so easy as well. But there are many facts which you may not be aware of, so in this article, you will get to read about such amazing facts.
- The first train network started in the year 1853, which was connecting Bombay and Thane. Back in the days, cartridges were positioned with the use of elephants.
- The fastest train in India, is Shatapdi Express, which connects between New Delhi and Bhopal. It covers 704kms of distance, within 7 hours and 50 minutes of time span. The slowest train in India is Nilgiri Express, as the average speed of this train is 10kmph.
- Longest route covered through train is between Dibrugarh and Kanyakumari, by Vivek Express. It covers 4,273 kilometers of distance, along with 56 stops in between and trip takes 82.36 hours to reach. The shortest route covered by train is from Nagpur to Ajni, with the distance of only 3 kilometers.
- Indian railway runs 11,000 trains, that too in one day, making Indian railway organization massively successful. With this Lucknow, is the busiest connection in India, which has 64 trains going out and coming in, every day.
- The one railway commute, which is the most unreliable is Guwahati and Trivandrum train express, ad it usually gets late by an average of 10 to 12 hours.
- Trains begin to have toilets, after having 50 years of railway connection in India. Before that, passengers used to wait for the next station to arrive. The one person who should be acknowledged for this is Okhil Chandra, who wrote a letter addressing to Indian rails, with regards to this problem.
- There is one railway station which is built in between two states, i.e. Navapur station, falling half on the Maharashtra side and other in Gujarat. With contrast to this, there are two stations i.e. Belapur and Srirampur arriving at one location, but being on opposite tracks.
- Indian railway is known to have largest recruiter, as it has a workforce of nearly 1.54 million people.
- With so many trains, and railway stations, Indian railways get about 10,000 meals each day. Online food order in train, has become very common and easy process. There are various online portals available for food delivery. IRCTC is also planning to take the responsibility of catering services on Indian railways, by the end of December, 2018.In New Delhi, Rail Museum was established in the year 1977. This National Museum of rail, is considered to be the largest among Asia, and it consists of both working as well as non-working models. This museum is actually spread across the land of 11 acres. It has exclusive collection of locomotives, photographs, carriages, steam engines and much more. One of the amazing part of this museum, is it having toy train, in which you can ride around and explore the museum.
- Indian Railway also offers the luxury train in India with most luxurious services onboard train. The popular Trains are Palace on Wheels, The Maharaja Express, The Golden Chariot and Deccan Odyssey. These trains makes you feel like royals.
So these were some of the interesting and amazing facts of our great Indian railway system., which one should be known with.
How to Combine Traditional and Modern Furniture With Style
Are you in love with both traditional and modern furniture styles? Do you feel like you can’t decide between those...
How to Organize Your Garage
Do you have so much stuff in your garage, your car is left out in the cold? Keep reading. Your...
Tips On Preventing Accidents In The Workplace and Keep Your Employees Safe
Preventing accidents in the workplace is both the moral and ethical responsibility of every employer. Knowing that there’s a safety...
4 Surprising Ways SaaS Can Be A Game Changer For Small Business
The World Wide Web will never run out of tips and strategies on how to grow your business. These days,...
Understanding SaaS, PaaS, IaaS Prior to Selecting One For Your Business
Summary: Cloud Computing is rising at a faster pace, and it’s crucially important for organizations to move to the Cloud...
5 Tips to Avoid Federal Tax Penalty For Taxpayers
When you are undergoing a tax issue, then it is vital to have knowledge of what are you up against...
Spy App For Android A Tool For Keeping Workplace
Dealing with routine matters has been a lot easier and stress-free thanks to modern technology. Want to order food, use...
How to Create A Backyard Zen Oasis
The lifestyle of the modern era usually depletes one’s energy by the time they get home from work. Whether or...
Mistakes You Need to Avoid When Preparing Your CV
Writing a CV can be hard. You have to somehow condense all your experience into 1 or 2 A4 pages....
Home Decor Trends For 2021: What You Can Expect
This year, the Covid pandemic has had a huge impact on many different industries and sectors and one which has...
5 Ways to Protect Your Teeth This Christmas
Christmas is just around the corner and the preparations are well underway for the festive day, even if it is...
How to Create A Referral Marketing Program In 6 Easy Steps
You may have heard of the benefits of a referral program. Besides helping you attract more traffic to your website,...
5 Important Web Design Considerations to Make For Better SEO
Ever since the birth of search engines, practices in optimising websites for better search rankings have changed considerably. Where it...
4 Reasons For Your Teeth Becoming Sensitive
Having sensitive teeth can be a common issue for many, but it can also be a sign that you have...
How To Keep Your Business Clean & Sanitised
If your business offers any kind of public-facing services, then you will likely be thinking a lot more about the...
- Tech6 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech6 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business5 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel9 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General6 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech7 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Tech6 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Health7 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition