Getting admission into the best Indian private college is definitely not a piece of cake! Every year around 2 lakh students take BITSAT and compete against one another to get a seat into one of the BITS campus of their choice.
A BITSAT score of 320+ is considered a decent cut-off score to get your desired branch. But to achieve that you need to have a strenuous preparation strategy and give due importance to self-study.
Let’s have a look at how your subject-wise preparation strategy should be like:
40 questions worth 120 marks
- Be thorough with NCERT fundamental concepts. Most of the questions are asked directly from NCERT. Also, don’t miss out on any topic as questions are often asked from the small sections which students often tend to overlook.
- Chemistry for BITSAT is considered easy. It is more theoretical than numerical.
- The questions from organic and physical chemistry are of the textbook level
- Inorganic chemistry can be scoring if you prepare well. You may consult O. P. Tondon for this section.
- Memorise reactions well. Do not get confused in easy portions such as anomalies, increase and decrease in certain properties, etc.
- Study the extra portions of the BITSAT syllabus well. Lots of questions are asked from them.
40 questions worth 120 marks
- Be thorough with NCERT fundamental concepts.
- Physics for BITSAT is considered tougher than Chemistry. So, if Physics is your strength, you’ll score well in this section.
- You can safely allot 50 minutes to Physics.
- Practice solving numerical problems in less time as speed is very important in BITSAT.
- Use common sense and dimensional analysis in this section.
- Mechanics and Thermodynamics are very crucial topics.
- You must know the formulas well. Many questions can be solved by the direct application of formulas.
45 questions worth 135 marks. This section is most crucial as it contains the maximum weightage of marks.
- Try solving the easier questions in this section first. Substitution, and trial and error methods often help in finding answers.
- Calculus, Coordinate Geometry and Complex Number are very important topics.
- Keep revising Cartesian Geometry and Trigonometry till the end as students tend to make mistakes in these.
- Make a note of important formulas. Keep revising them till the end.
English and LR
15 and 10 questions from English and Logical Reasoning respectively, worth 75 marks.
- This section is very simple and may prove to be the game changer because a lot of students simply ignore its preparation.
- Language skill is something you cannot pick up or learn in a day or two. It takes time. Make sure you practice questions from this section well in advance.
- Take some time out every day (45 minutes/day) to practice.
- Leaving out a few vocabulary questions, which are really difficult, the English questions are basic grammar.
- Practice a few LR questions daily, it’ll prove beneficial in the exam.
- You can practice English from Wren & Martin and LR from Arihant.
Now that you know how to get started with the BITSAT preparation, what are you waiting for? Brace yourselves to ace BITSAT 2019
Why Is Quantity Surveying Essential in Construction Industry
Quantity surveying is an essential part of the Australian construction industry. It is the process of calculating and estimating the...
How to Maintain Upholstered Furniture
No matter if you have pets or kids, maintaining your upholstered furniture is quite a challenge. Even though vacuuming it...
How Do I Find a Good Bubble.io Developer?
Finding a good bubble developer to help build your app or digital product can seem challenging. How can you choose...
When is a right time for home repairs?
Summer is a popular time for a renovation around the globe. While it is true that bright days and warm...
Top 15 Alteryx Competitors
The world has seen a tremendous rise in startups and new incorporations in the business world. Companies have great potential...
Latest Wedding Trends for 2023
If you’re planning on getting married this year, chances are you’re probably overwhelmed and confused when it comes to wedding...
Tips To Make The Most Of Your City Break In London!
London is one of the best cities in the world, known for its quintessentially British culture, great nightlife, fantastic museums...
The Ultimate Guide To Packing For A Trip To London
London is one of the best cities in the world, known for it’s rich history, quintessentially British culture, the best...
Top 15 Web Development IDEs
The web development field has seen sustainable growth throughout the years. As technology is advancing, so is the web development...
12 Key DevOps Programming Languages to Still Popular in 2022
“DevOps is not a goal, but a never-ending process of continual improvement.” – Jez Humble Delivering the finest of services...
Festival Fashion Style Tips For 2022
Summer is well and truly here and with that comes the festival season! From the biggest stars performing on stage...
4 Tips For Making Your Wardrobe More Sustainable
Everyone is trying to make more of an effort to make their wardrobe more sustainable, but often are unsure where...
7 tips on how to organize a budget-friendly move
If you are planning a move any time soon, you might be worried about all the expenses that wait for...
Metal Roof Colors: How to Select the Best Color for a New Roof
Choosing the right type of material for your roof is enough of a hassle already that the question of choosing...
Simple Ways To Feel More Confident At The Gym
If you are new to the gym, or you haven’t been in a while, sometimes you might not feel completely...
Tech7 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech7 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business7 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Business3 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Travel10 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
General7 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
Tech8 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
Tech7 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists