The real estate market can tend to be volatile, making selling particularly challenging. When supply is higher than demand, sellers can usually sell their houses faster when prices are lowered. However, there are even more ways to entice home buyers, as outlined below:
1. Differentiate from neighboring properties. To attract attention in anything – especially a glutted or overwhelmed market, you must be memorable. This is especially true with real estate. There are many ways to do this. Starting with curb appeal, the home must look enticing from the street. Clean up the outside, improve the landscaping and put in better windows or a roof. These improvements not only raise the value of the home, but the better the house looks, the more well cared for that it will appear. Other options include patios and decks.
2. Be careful not to over-improve. Mindfully make home improvements since some of them may not be able to be recouped. For example, certain renovations such as adding a bath or sun room may not pay off in contrast to what they cost. Research all renovations first before committing to them. Also, ensure that all improvements or added features are included in the sales materials and the listing. Check with your real estate agent about which improvements are worth investing in.
3. Clear away clutter. From outside shrubs to warn out outdoor furniture – the outside should look inviting. Likewise, the interior needs to be spotless. Getting in the habit of keeping it that way will make it available for last minute viewings and may work to help establish better habits in general.
4. Ensure the price is right. Regardless of how many improvements are done, the home must be priced in accordance with the area, or you can risk less interest. Buyers want value for their money – and it is often said that it is better to buy the least pricey home in a great or up and coming area than it is to buy the most expensive. Whether you’re working with a San Diego Realtor, or an Indianapolis real estate agent, make sure you understand what the comparable homes are selling for in the area. Making demands of a higher price than the market will bear doesn’t do you any good; in fact, it can make you sit on the MLS longer and delay a good sale, increasing the amount of mortgage payments you wouldn’t have had to make if sold earlier at a lesser price.
5. Stage it for move in. Get the home in as move in condition as possible. Take down mementos and family pictures. Use simple and elegant art that is neutral but still appealing. No one else is going to identify if they only see your personal items throughout the home. Buyers need to be able to picture living in the space and it is easier to do this with a neutral and clean decor.
6. Offer incentives. Offer incentives such as a few thousand dollars of credit toward the closing costs. Paying them in full can get more attention than other similar homes. Buyers are always looking for a deal, so making them feel like they’re getting one is the best way to go. Your agent will know which incentives make sense and which to avoid.
7. Transfer home warranties. Offer home warranties to cover appliances like refrigerators and air conditioners that could fail. Often, other gadgets and appliances can also be covered for as little as from $300 to $400 for one-year policies. This can be an extra added perk that other sellers are not offering.
Lastly, some buyers are greatly motivated by having the option to close quickly. For buyers who are in the process of vacating their current homes, this is particularly appealing. Therefore, when it is possible to close a sale within 30 to 60 days, it can really set you apart and attract more buyers than other sellers in the same area.
- License: Creative Commons image source
Georgina Clatworthy is a freelance author with an interest in property and real estate. The F.C. Tucker Company, Inc has been providing Indianapolis real estate services for 95 years and have over 1500 agents across the state. A fast and smooth sale is often at the top of every home sellers list so it is worth taking advice from property professionals in your area to ensure you do all you can to make this happen.
Why Is Quantity Surveying Essential in Construction Industry
Quantity surveying is an essential part of the Australian construction industry. It is the process of calculating and estimating the...
How to Maintain Upholstered Furniture
No matter if you have pets or kids, maintaining your upholstered furniture is quite a challenge. Even though vacuuming it...
How Do I Find a Good Bubble.io Developer?
Finding a good bubble developer to help build your app or digital product can seem challenging. How can you choose...
When is a right time for home repairs?
Summer is a popular time for a renovation around the globe. While it is true that bright days and warm...
Top 15 Alteryx Competitors
The world has seen a tremendous rise in startups and new incorporations in the business world. Companies have great potential...
Latest Wedding Trends for 2023
If you’re planning on getting married this year, chances are you’re probably overwhelmed and confused when it comes to wedding...
Tips To Make The Most Of Your City Break In London!
London is one of the best cities in the world, known for its quintessentially British culture, great nightlife, fantastic museums...
The Ultimate Guide To Packing For A Trip To London
London is one of the best cities in the world, known for it’s rich history, quintessentially British culture, the best...
Top 15 Web Development IDEs
The web development field has seen sustainable growth throughout the years. As technology is advancing, so is the web development...
12 Key DevOps Programming Languages to Still Popular in 2022
“DevOps is not a goal, but a never-ending process of continual improvement.” – Jez Humble Delivering the finest of services...
Festival Fashion Style Tips For 2022
Summer is well and truly here and with that comes the festival season! From the biggest stars performing on stage...
4 Tips For Making Your Wardrobe More Sustainable
Everyone is trying to make more of an effort to make their wardrobe more sustainable, but often are unsure where...
7 tips on how to organize a budget-friendly move
If you are planning a move any time soon, you might be worried about all the expenses that wait for...
Metal Roof Colors: How to Select the Best Color for a New Roof
Choosing the right type of material for your roof is enough of a hassle already that the question of choosing...
Simple Ways To Feel More Confident At The Gym
If you are new to the gym, or you haven’t been in a while, sometimes you might not feel completely...
Tech7 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech7 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business7 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Business3 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Travel10 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
General7 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
Tech8 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
Tech7 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists