Prime goal of content marketing is to increase company’s sales. Website traffic is used as one of the major indicators of content strategy’s success. Many marketers stop at this point and think they achieved their prime goal. Having a great content, which creates high number of leads is definitely a good thing, but if your sales funnel is to narrow, and only few prospects and customers come out at the end, you definitely need to improve your conversion. This can be done in three easy steps.
Step 1: Create Conversion-oriented Content
Conversion-oriented content creation is necessary, for acquiring more prospects and customers. This type of content entices your audience to take action. It shouldn’t be too commercial, but unlike regular informative content it should have a call-to-action subtext, which can be emphasized with some of these techniques:
- Use of action words in describing your products or services – Action words like: stunning, thrilling, free, exciting etc. paint a vivid picture of the product or service and influence visitors to buy them.
- Explain all newsworthy info in the first paragraph – Many visitors don’t have enough time for reading long articles. They want to pick up all the information in just a few seconds, and if they like the first article, they will definitely to continue reading.
- Use more visuals – Readers process visuals much faster than plain text, which is why you should replace words with photos and graphics whenever you have the chance.
- Make your articles more specific – Readers don’t like vague articles. They prefer exactness and high attention to detail.
- Use more videos – Advanced tech and fast internet enabled content creators to easily shoot and post HD videos. Use this opportunity and engage you audience with the most conversion-effective type of content.
Step 2: Improve your Website’s Design
Overall design of your website strongly influences its conversion rates. Different design features can attract more prospects and customers. These are some of the measures you can take:
- Introduce sharp-looking buttons – Simple hyperlink text looks boring and unnoticeable. Desired action shouldn’t be hidden behind hyperlinks and simple buttons, instead you should use ‘sing up’ and ‘purchase’ buttons that are begging to be clicked.
- Improve website loading – Slow loading drastically decreases website’s conversion rates. In order to improve your website’s loading times you should: compress images, delete or compress gifs and various types of flash animation and make its code simpler and more effective.
- Improve website navigation – Your website should be clean and easy to navigate.
- Improve your on- and offsite SEO – You can do it yourself, or you can outsource your website’s optimization tasks to reliable SEO consulting agency.
Step 3: Promote your Website
You should continue to increase your reach, with the help of social networks and link building. Contact other bloggers and webmasters and exchange content with inbound links. When it comes to social networks, you should use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and some other niche-specific networks and forums. Regularly post your content on these networks and indulge in conversation with your fans. Social networks can also be used for providing support to your buyers (Twitter especially) and for targeting your audience. These are some of the things you should take into consideration during your social media campaign development:
- Optimize your social media posts with keywords – When it comes to keywords, social media posts are not much different from regular articles. They should contain the most important keywords and some of them should be posted as hashtags.
- Improve your timing – Time when you post your content is very important for improving your posts’ reach.
- Use advanced insights – Customize your social media campaign by following your social media insights and analyzing campaign’s results.
Conversion improvement measures are not written in stone. Different changes might or might not work for your website, which is why you need to conduct frequent conversion rates’ analysis and A’B testing to determine, which one of these measures is the most effective.
What Do Business Consultants Do?
Business consultants can be a huge help to your business – or a big expense that doesn’t give you the...
Careers You Can Start Without A 4-Year Degree and Benefits Of A Degree
Among Baby Boomers and members of the Greatest Generation who got to get a college degree, career success and high...
3 Improvements To Add To Your Home
If you are getting a little bored of your home, you should start looking at things that you can do...
Rebuilding Your Life After A Personal Injury Incident
After you have suffered a life-altering experience following a personal injury incident, you will begin the process of rebuilding your...
Best Ways to Improve Your Career
Working on improving yourself is a continuous process. One that chisels you to perfection every time you do it. It...
New to Golfing? 4 Etiquette Tips You Need to Know
Golf is a sport that is governed by some very specific etiquette rules. If you are just taking up golf,...
How to Manage Scoliosis In Adult Period
We always start thinking about our health, and the importance of it, once something goes wrong. When that inevitably happens,...
Simple Ways To Stay Warm This Winter
You shouldn’t have to compromise on style for warmth, which is why we have put together this guide on how...
Staying On Schedule When Traveling With Family
There is a lot of planning that goes into traveling with your family, especially if you are trying to stick...
Do You Need A Lawyer When Filing For Divorce?
Since divorce is a relatively common legal proceeding, some couples opt for a DIY approach. They decide to download the...
Unique First Home Gifts For Your Loved Ones
If one of your loved ones is moving into their first home, we have the perfect gifts for you. Each...
Should Your Business Offer International Shipping?
In today’s world, many businesses have the opportunity to reach a global audience and find new ways to grow. But,...
Why Isn’t Your Company Website Seeing Traffic?
Are you hooked? Do you check your website’s Google Analytics frequently, only to be disappointed every time you see it? ...
Resources and Assistance For The Parents Of Children With Autism
Raising a child with autism can be a challenge. For most neurotypical people (i.e., those who do not have autism),...
How to Improve Your Company Parking Lot Safety For Your Employees
When your workers park in the corporate lot, you want them to feel comfortable and protected. Your staff shouldn’t have...
Tech7 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech7 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business6 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Travel10 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
General7 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
Tech8 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
Tech7 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
Health8 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition