Driving lessons aren’t cheap and you have to pay every time you take a test so if you choose the wrong instructor it can cost you dearly. Because of this, you ought to take your time over your decision. Don’t just go for the first one you find in the Yellow Pages or through an online search. You may learn to regret it. Here are some of the steps you should take and things to think about when making your search:
- Check DSA Approval: It’s important to check that your driving instructor has DSA approval and is an ADI. It’s easy enough to do this because they should have a badge in their windscreen to this effect. If they don’t, look elsewhere. You don’t want to spend your money on someone who isn’t properly trained. As an added bonus, DSA licensed instructors will also be checked to see if they have a criminal record.
- Driving School Or Independent: When you’re looking for instructors there are two main options open to you: you can either go through a driving school, which will usually have several instructors under its umbrella; or go for an independent instructor working for themselves. If you do opt for a driving school you should still make sure you talk to the instructor themselves rather than a salesperson to make sure you feel comfortable with them.
- Search Online: When you’re looking for a driving instructor, it’s important that you compare a few of them rather than just going for the first one you find. The quickest way to find a list of driving instructors to compare and choose from is to do an online search. It’s best, of course, to restrict this to your local area so you find a driver that knows all the roads around you like the back of their hand and can get to you quickly. So, for example, if you live in Oxford simply type something like Oxford driving school into a search engine.
- Ask Around: If you’d feel more comfortable having a driving instructor who comes with a personal recommendation, then make a list of any friends who have recently passed their driving test. Then ask them about their instructors and if there are any that are particularly highly recommended. It’s advisable to do this if you are feeling very nervous about starting your lessons. You want to feel as secure as possible when you start.
- Meet Them In Person: When you’ve got a shortlist of possible driving instructors you shouldn’t just have a quick conversation with them on the phone. Go and meet them to see if you get along with them. This would be the time to discuss your expectations and any concerns you have: for example, do you feel comfortable enough to do a more intensive course or are you quite a nervous person who will need to take longer mastering the basics? If you want to, ask to see references from previous students.
- Check Costs: Whilst the cheapest driving instructor is by no means always the best, you should take you time looking around to get a good deal. You need to find out things such as whether the cost of the lesson covers the full hour of tuition as well as pick-up and dropping-off time. Can you try out initial lessons for free to see if you like the instructor’s teaching style? Does the driving instructor offer a discount for block bookings and what is their policy for last-minute cancellations? Would you still have to pay for the lesson? All of these are important questions to ask.
- Know Your Rights: Lastly, once you’re chosen your instructor don’t be afraid to complain, ask for your money back or ask for a different one if they aren’t up to the standard you would expect. A driving instructor should always be punctual, respectful and have a clean and well-maintained car. They should also have worked out detailed lesson plans each time, so you can be sure you are making clear progress. Remember that you are the customer and are paying to learn to drive so speak up if there are any issues.
Can You Use Residential Property for Commercial Use
Having extra income, constantly flowing in can make all the difference in the current economy. Getting creative with how you...
Running a Business? How to Minimize Supply Chain Issues
Supply chain issues have always been an issue for businesses but over the last few years, the effect and widespread...
How to Increase Your House Value Before Selling
Increasing home value is the first step to making your place more attractive for future buyers. Whether you are trying...
Why Calorie Control Is Still The Best Way To Diet
There are a great deal of different options when it comes to dieting, every day there seems to be a...
The Benefits Of Trade Credit Insurance For Your Business
Trade credit insurance provides cover for businesses who trade on a credit basis. If the people who owe money for...
5 Charming Restaurant Decor Ideas In 2022
Making your restaurant memorable and stand out is a feat worthy of praise. The sheer pressure of wanting to succeed...
Bank Won’t Fund Your Business? 4 Loan Alternatives To Get You Started
Businesses typically require some sort of collateral or proof of concept before funding their business venture. However, it is possible...
Planning A Stag Do
If you’re a Best Man then you’re in a unique position of responsibility, and before the day itself when you’ll...
What Triggers Eczema | Tips to Reduce Eczema Flare-Ups
Eczema is a skin condition that can induce redness, itchiness, and skin inflammation. Its root cause is not fully understood,...
Women’s Fashion Trends To Expect In 2022
A new year means new fashion trends. We cannot wait for what is in store in 2022. It seems that...
Home Makeover Trends: Insights from The Pros
Are you considering a home makeover but don’t know where to start? You’re in luck! In this article, we will...
Interior Design Trends 2022
We all spend time pining over other people’s interior’s on Pinterest or Instagram, but with these trends, it’s easy to...
Top Commonly Overlooked Car Maintenance and Repairs
Maintaining a car is a huge responsibility. There’s a lot that goes into that given how complicated a machine it...
What Is The Difference Between Strata and Property Manager
Real estate is a diverse market, and as such, it can be hard to determine the differences between various types...
Sleek Home Upgrades That Will Luxe Up Your Life
Sometimes we need a vast endeavor to make our home look extravagant and cheek but very often you can implement...
Tech7 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech7 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business6 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Business2 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Travel10 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
General7 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
Tech8 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
Tech7 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists