Driving lessons aren’t cheap and you have to pay every time you take a test so if you choose the wrong instructor it can cost you dearly. Because of this, you ought to take your time over your decision. Don’t just go for the first one you find in the Yellow Pages or through an online search. You may learn to regret it. Here are some of the steps you should take and things to think about when making your search:
- Check DSA Approval: It’s important to check that your driving instructor has DSA approval and is an ADI. It’s easy enough to do this because they should have a badge in their windscreen to this effect. If they don’t, look elsewhere. You don’t want to spend your money on someone who isn’t properly trained. As an added bonus, DSA licensed instructors will also be checked to see if they have a criminal record.
- Driving School Or Independent: When you’re looking for instructors there are two main options open to you: you can either go through a driving school, which will usually have several instructors under its umbrella; or go for an independent instructor working for themselves. If you do opt for a driving school you should still make sure you talk to the instructor themselves rather than a salesperson to make sure you feel comfortable with them.
- Search Online: When you’re looking for a driving instructor, it’s important that you compare a few of them rather than just going for the first one you find. The quickest way to find a list of driving instructors to compare and choose from is to do an online search. It’s best, of course, to restrict this to your local area so you find a driver that knows all the roads around you like the back of their hand and can get to you quickly. So, for example, if you live in Oxford simply type something like Oxford driving school into a search engine.
- Ask Around: If you’d feel more comfortable having a driving instructor who comes with a personal recommendation, then make a list of any friends who have recently passed their driving test. Then ask them about their instructors and if there are any that are particularly highly recommended. It’s advisable to do this if you are feeling very nervous about starting your lessons. You want to feel as secure as possible when you start.
- Meet Them In Person: When you’ve got a shortlist of possible driving instructors you shouldn’t just have a quick conversation with them on the phone. Go and meet them to see if you get along with them. This would be the time to discuss your expectations and any concerns you have: for example, do you feel comfortable enough to do a more intensive course or are you quite a nervous person who will need to take longer mastering the basics? If you want to, ask to see references from previous students.
- Check Costs: Whilst the cheapest driving instructor is by no means always the best, you should take you time looking around to get a good deal. You need to find out things such as whether the cost of the lesson covers the full hour of tuition as well as pick-up and dropping-off time. Can you try out initial lessons for free to see if you like the instructor’s teaching style? Does the driving instructor offer a discount for block bookings and what is their policy for last-minute cancellations? Would you still have to pay for the lesson? All of these are important questions to ask.
- Know Your Rights: Lastly, once you’re chosen your instructor don’t be afraid to complain, ask for your money back or ask for a different one if they aren’t up to the standard you would expect. A driving instructor should always be punctual, respectful and have a clean and well-maintained car. They should also have worked out detailed lesson plans each time, so you can be sure you are making clear progress. Remember that you are the customer and are paying to learn to drive so speak up if there are any issues.
Common Reasons For Visiting An Orthopaedic Surgeon
Have you suffered regular knee or back pain? Do you feel tired or stiff for a long time after resting...
Best Wholesale Beauty Product Suppliers In 2020
Beauty products include a range of goods that are used to care and enhance the appearance of your face, hair,...
Big Things A Digital Marketing Business Conducts
The customary word “ad” is defined as a communication procedure between the group of onlookers and the imminent business moving...
International Shipping In A Global Pandemic
The Covid-19 pandemic completely turned the world on its head, in more ways than one. Beyond the devastating medical challenges,...
8 Ways To Reduce Stoke Risk
Stroke is the fifth leading cause of death in the United States. To help you understand how severe and common...
Top Whey Protein Recipes To Lose Your Body Fat
Losing weight and keeping the kilos off is not an easy thing to do. Everything from what you consume to...
5 Amazing SEO Tools to Spy On Your Competitor’s Website
So, you’re running an online business, and you surely want your business to get the best results. But, there are...
Keep .eu Domain After Brexit
Domains are becoming as essential as someone’s own home in the world of internet. Internet users are always looking for...
How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar With Mother To Maximize The Health Benefits
Apple cider vinegar is used in many different household chores like floor washing, cleaning, doing dishes, vegetables and fruits washing,...
8 Tips from Dermatologists For Gorgeous Skin
We all wish of a flawless and glowing skin, but it’s not always easy to figure out the skin care...
Uterine Fibroids: What Are Its Causes, Symptoms, and Treatments?
Uterine Fibroids are non-cancerous tumors that develops in a woman’s uterus. They are also called leiomyomas or myomas and appear...
Electric Stove or Gas Stove? Which One is Better?
While remodeling your kitchen to include some kitchen essentials or buying a whole new house, you might be comparing electric...
6 Surprising Health Benefits Of Making Origami
It has been centuries since Origami has been developed, and until now, people still use this art. This is not...
Personal Protective Equipment That Protects You From Workplace Hazards
The workplace is full of hazards. Whether you’re working in the construction sector, the automobile industry, manufacturing, or any other...
3 Tips to Finding Financial Savings
If you’ve not been doing the best of job finding savings over time, don’t you think now would be a...
- Tech5 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech5 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business5 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel8 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General5 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech5 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Tech6 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Health7 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition