UX is a crucial component of modern web design, and users’ expectations are constantly shifting. Though we cannot see into the future, changes made throughout the last decade indicate that adjusting for user needs has never been more crucial. To get ahead in the ever-changing mobile app sphere, designers have to be proactive at all times. Let the following 7 UX trends of 2020 be your guide to help prep for both the present and the future of UX design.
Users typically engage with websites or applications with a specific intention in mind, which they want to achieve as soon as possible. The most user-friendly applications and websites strive to simplify a user’s journey with time-saving designs. The essence of such designs is that they reduce the number of steps users have to take in order to achieve their goal. This should be done by presenting applicable information in an easy-to-use format and providing a smooth navigational flow. A time-saving design can incorporate several key aspects, including:
- Linear Design. The linear design is a structured journey containing an established layout for beginning-middle-end points. It enables users to do one action at a time at each point in their journey. The consistent flow helps viewers discern how much time is necessary to complete the task.
- Anticipatory Design. An anticipatory design attempts to recognize a user’s needs to swiftly and efficiently accommodate them. It reduces the chances of friction that make it difficult for users to complete their intentions.
- Progressive Disclosure. If your website or application contains a lot of information, you might want to adopt a progressive disclosure technique to enhance user experience. Progressive disclosure makes information visible solely when users need it, which ensures viewers are not bombarded with information or distracted by content that is irrelevant to their goal.
- Context-Based Information. Displaying only the most relevant information specific to user context is instrumental in creating an optimal user experience.
Focus on Content
Properly organized and readily available content is key to making websites and mobile applications appealing to their expected users. Recent trends concentrate on eliminating unnecessary distractions and instead, shining the spotlight on what is truly relevant: content.
Creating content-centred experiences involves either using a design highlighting content or having the content itself frame the design. Your ultimate goal should be to ensure there is nothing obstructing a user’s exposure to your website or application’s content. Designers typically begin by removing excessive visible clutter, which helps them concentrate on the essence of the message they want to convey. Visual features of this design strategy include:
- Precise Visual Order. A well-ordered design facilitates and expedites a user’s ability to comprehend content. Powerful visual signals, such as using dissimilar colours for call-to-action links, are great means of guiding a user’s focus on specific interactive features and significant information.
- Operative Decluttering. Eliminating irrelevant and otherwise useless details helps magnify important information, creating a more concentrated experience.
- Increasing the amount of space between content grants it room to breathe and dramatically enhances a user’s experience.
Personalization is a technique embedded within the strategy of time-saving designs. Understanding the importance of the shift from creating generic experiences to individually targeted experiences is an aspect of UX that deserves extra emphasis. As businesses look for new means of crafting individualized brand experiences, the effort to understand the wants and needs of users on a deeper level continues to develop.
With the help of individualized data and advances in machine learning, technology is becoming capable of adjusting automatically for specific users. One of the most popular models of individualization seen in contemporary applications and websites is the incorporation of personalized recommendations based on user behaviours. These suggestions improve the chances that a user will take action when they visit your site. Among the many techniques to enhance personalization, the following methods are some of the most common:
- Basing Content on User Location. Because many people use their digital devices while on the road, websites and applications should use the device’s area data to present content related to the user’s geographical location. As a result, the information presented is personalized to the environment surrounding each user.
- Specific User Interface. A major goal of personalization will be adjusting the layout of a website or application based on the individual needs of a certain user. Following how a user interacts with a digital device and what issues they encounter, in conjunction with their specific data, is a goldmine of information. With it, applications and websites will be able to decide how to adapt the site for the user.
Due to the impact of technology such as touch and voice recognition on smartphones and other digital devices, people now expect to interact with digital products in the way they would typically interact with another human. This means designers should start striving to create websites and applications that offer a more human experience for users.
The popularity of humanizing digital experience is correlated with connecting with user emotions. The key to humanizing digital experiences is by allowing users to feel connected to their devices in an emotional way. Different ways designers are attempting to provide consistent reactions and humanize the digital experience include:
- Sharing emotions with face recognition
- Creating natural means of interacting with apps
- Mimicking emotions in feedback
Applications and websites can make identity verification easier by replacing conventional means of entry. As biometric technology becomes more available in the year 2020, it will be capable of recognizing a person’s identity based on particular characteristics. This will create an effortless authentication process for users.
Instead of having to manage an assortment of passwords for different websites and applications, biometrics can verify users with facial or voice recognition or fingerprints. This is an advancement with the potential to bolster security for businesses and users. Designers should pay close attention to improvements in biometric authentication this year.
The trend of video content is becoming increasingly vital in creating the optimal user experience. Designers can maximize the potential of their video content by keeping the following tips in mind:
- Adjust for Portrait Frame. Since mobile phones are used in portrait orientation almost 100% of the time, all video content, and content, in general, should be adjusted for this frame.
- Adjust Video for Short Attention Spans. Modern means of displaying important information must be timely. With the use of formatting methods such as 360-degree videos and Facebook live, designers can present crucial information in a convenient manner.
- HD Images and Videos. Providing a full-screen experience is essential, but so is providing top-quality images and videos. The quality of the videos on your website or application will have a major influence on user experience, so ensure images and videos are not pixelated and appear in HD.
As the hardware devices we use to access the web become more streamlined, so should the UX. The latest smartphones, tablets and even laptops are losing more and more buttons every generation. This progression has caused UX to go through one unique development: voice user interface (VUI).
VUIs have become integrated into most major technology, such as products from Google, Amazon, Apple, and Microsoft. A large percentage of web searches are done by voice, with the number projected to rise in 2020. With your users almost definitely using tech from one of these innovative VUI pioneers, it might be a good idea to see how your website can benefit from adapting.
Manual vs Electric Garage Doors: The Pros and Cons
When you make a forward towards the technology arena, then electronic and tech-based equipment are considered to be of utmost...
What If One Day Google Shuts Down Forever?
Once upon a time, Marshall McLuhan, a Canadian Media Theorist, described the world a “Global Village.’’ To think of it...
7 Simple Steps For Your Home Improvement Project In 2020
Home improvement is astonishing. Home remodeling plays an important role to make your home look more appealing. Changing settings for...
Tips For Selecting Best Pre-settlement Funding Company
Are you trying to find one of the best pre-settlement funding companies, but you are not aware of the factors...
Wish to Ensure Improved Customer Experience? Use the Innovative Salesforce Customer 360 Data Manager
Salesforce, during the latest conference at Connections 2019, announced that it would be launching a service that would be dedicated...
Building Your Website with WordPress Themes: Do’s and Don’ts
Why Opt For WordPress To Build Your Website? The first thing to know is what exactly WordPress development is. It...
Heralding the Next Phase of Advanced AI
With the advancements in tech gaining a new blazing-fast pace, the world has been changing more rapidly than ever in...
What Are the Different Wedding Photography Styles?
In wedding photography, the main focus is on the wedding couple. After all, the whole event revolves around these two...
7 Reasons Why You Need to Hire a Professional for Your Video Marketing Campaign
Benefits of Video Production Companies Did you know that companies using video content experience a 41% increase in traffic through...
Examining 5 Latest Trends in Packing Design
Businesses that don’t carefully plan their packaging design are setting themselves up for failure. All of the trends in packing...
5 Contractors Every Homeowner Should Have on Speed Dial
Being a homeowner or a landlord are particularly responsible tasks. There are many things that can go wrong but these...
How does Blockchain Help to Enhance Security for your Business?
Blockchain technology has been associated with cryptocurrencies for the most part. But it plays such an essential role in cybersecurity...
Comparium : Automated Website Testing Tool
Nowadays, growing an online business is not an easy task due to the higher competitors available in the market. You...
Seven Awesome Family-Friendly Places to Visit This 2020
Family trips should be an annual thing, don’t you agree? It’s during those moments that we make the best memories....
How to choose the perfect tungsten wedding band
Rings are important for every wedding. That’s how they symbolize the promise that people make to stay together forever. You...
- Tech5 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech5 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business4 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel8 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General5 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech5 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Tech6 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Health6 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition