Service means to perform work or duties, not for oneself but for another person- to help them free of cost or for some monetary benefit. Before GST was rolled out, service tax was collected in the form VAT, or Value Added Tax.
When it comes to taxation , it can be easily said that the manufacturing states would be the ones bearing the brunt of taxation and the states inclined towards the service sector would be basking in relaxation. Sometimes manufacturing and service production can be used interchangeably which is why the manufacturing states of Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Gujrat and Karnataka accounted for more than 62% of the tax collections a few years ago. For such states service tax return filing form will be in great demand for the number of services these people offer.
How does this happen?
Services associated with manufacturing activity such as legal services provided by a law firm, freight services, patents, insurance, consultancy, trade and accounting provides a great amount of service tax revenue
However it is very important to understand that cities and towns with a large number of small service providers like education and health, will in all probability not benefit from the GST regime. This is because education and health are not taxed and also because small service providers account for a negligible amount of service tax.
Where in India is Service Tax levied?
- If services are imported by Indian citizens then service tax is imposed but if it is exported then no service taxes are charged.
- Waters belonging to the territory of India- 12 nautical from the land.
- If India has an exclusive economic zone, then for that it’s is upto 200 nautical miles.
- Service tax is levied everywhere in India except Jammu and Kashmir.
The different categories of service tax payers are as follows:
- An individual or sole proprietor, running a business single handedly.
- A partnership
- A society or Co-op
- A registered private limited company
- A registered public limited company
What happens if you don’t file your service tax returns ?
- When you don’t submit tax returnit starts adding up and when it’s out together with fines you will begin to notice that the taxes have grown completely out of hand. This will lead to stress and complete destruction of peace. This will further lead to hiring a professional to do your taxes for you and he/she will charge an additional amount of money for doing what you could have done if you didn’t sit on them for so long. So the moral of the story is- file your taxes on time.
- If you have devised a plan to completely avoid filing these taxes then you must know that after the implementation of GST, there is a monitoring structure and an IT administrative structure which can detect tax evasion in an instant.
- Once tax evasion is detected from your side you will be imposed with a number of penalities and a probable jail sentence upto 5 years. This usually takes place when it comes to fraudulent cases.
Best Places To Visit In The North Of England
If you live in England, you will know there are many different places to visit for the weekend. There are...
Green Home Improvement Ideas
In a world where environmental concerns are growing, the concept of “green” has gone beyond a trendy catchphrase and is...
How to Host an Unforgettable House-Warming!
The time has finally come. You have moved into your dream pad, and are officially adulting in your very own...
A Guide to Parking Lot Striping
The journey to a well-striped parking lot begins with the right paint. In this brief guide, we’ll unravel the mystery...
Business Tips For Protecting Your Finances During A Recession
In 2023, taking the necessary steps to protect your finances for your business is now more important than ever. The...
Tips For Cleaning Your Trainers
If you’re into your trainers and streetwear, you’re likely to be very conscious of keeping them looking their best! So,...
Branding Trends For Start-Ups in 2023
Branding is incredibly important as it impacts how your business reaches and connects with its target market. If you’re branding...
Avoiding the Wrong Kind of Growth
Growth is vital for any business – some models, like tech start-ups, are built around periods of dramatic, explosive growth...
How To Become A Property Developer
There are several reasons why an individual will want to become a property developer. One of the main reasons for...
What Is The Difference Between Cyber Attacks and Cyber Threats?
If you own a business that uses the cloud to manage workloads, you have probably heard of the terms cyberattack...
3 Types of Marketing Every Small Construction Business Should Do
Construction is a very saturated sector, whether you’re a large or small construction company, so marketing should be at the...
How Relevant Life Insurance Plans Can Future-Proof Your Business
Last year, UK inflation reached the highest level that it had been for decades. The markets became unsteady and nervous...
In a Car Accident? Here’s How to Find a Great Lawyer
If you’ve recently been in a car accident, you know that it can be an overwhelming experience. Not only do...
Considering Therapy? Here’s a Few Common Therapy Techniques Explained
If you’re considering therapy as a means to improve your mental health, you may be curious about the type of...
Top 5 Home Repairs You Should Never DIY
DIY home repairs are all the rage these days. But before you jump on the bandwagon, there are some things...
Tech9 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech9 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business4 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Business8 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Law3 years ago
How Can A Divorce Lawyer Help You Get Through Divorce?
Tech6 years ago
When To Send Your Bulk Messages?
Tech3 years ago
5 Link Building Strategies You Can Apply For Local SEO
Travel11 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat