When It Comes To Taxes, File Them Immediately
Service means to perform work or duties, not for oneself but for another person- to help them free of cost or for some monetary benefit. Before GST was rolled out, service tax was collected in the form VAT, or Value Added Tax.
When it comes to taxation , it can be easily said that the manufacturing states would be the ones bearing the brunt of taxation and the states inclined towards the service sector would be basking in relaxation. Sometimes manufacturing and service production can be used interchangeably which is why the manufacturing states of Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Gujrat and Karnataka accounted for more than 62% of the tax collections a few years ago. For such states service tax return filing form will be in great demand for the number of services these people offer.
How does this happen?
Services associated with manufacturing activity such as legal services provided by a law firm, freight services, patents, insurance, consultancy, trade and accounting provides a great amount of service tax revenue
However it is very important to understand that cities and towns with a large number of small service providers like education and health, will in all probability not benefit from the GST regime. This is because education and health are not taxed and also because small service providers account for a negligible amount of service tax.
Where in India is Service Tax levied?
- If services are imported by Indian citizens then service tax is imposed but if it is exported then no service taxes are charged.
- Waters belonging to the territory of India- 12 nautical from the land.
- If India has an exclusive economic zone, then for that it’s is upto 200 nautical miles.
- Service tax is levied everywhere in India except Jammu and Kashmir.
The different categories of service tax payers are as follows:
- An individual or sole proprietor, running a business single handedly.
- A partnership
- A society or Co-op
- A registered private limited company
- A registered public limited company
What happens if you don’t file your service tax returns ?
- When you don’t submit tax returnit starts adding up and when it’s out together with fines you will begin to notice that the taxes have grown completely out of hand. This will lead to stress and complete destruction of peace. This will further lead to hiring a professional to do your taxes for you and he/she will charge an additional amount of money for doing what you could have done if you didn’t sit on them for so long. So the moral of the story is- file your taxes on time.
- If you have devised a plan to completely avoid filing these taxes then you must know that after the implementation of GST, there is a monitoring structure and an IT administrative structure which can detect tax evasion in an instant.
- Once tax evasion is detected from your side you will be imposed with a number of penalities and a probable jail sentence upto 5 years. This usually takes place when it comes to fraudulent cases.
In a Car Accident? Here’s How to Find a Great Lawyer
If you’ve recently been in a car accident, you know that it can be an overwhelming experience. Not only do...
Considering Therapy? Here’s a Few Common Therapy Techniques Explained
If you’re considering therapy as a means to improve your mental health, you may be curious about the type of...
Top 5 Home Repairs You Should Never DIY
DIY home repairs are all the rage these days. But before you jump on the bandwagon, there are some things...
The Power of CBD Oil for Relaxation: How to Use it for Sleep and Stress Relief
If you’re struggling to get a good night’s sleep or feeling stressed, try CBD oil. CBD oil has a moment...
Benefits of Getting your Mobile Phone Repair
Mobile phone repair is a task that needs high skills and experience. That is why we always recommend users trust...
Great Ways To Clean To Get Your Security Deposit Back In Full
Moving is almost always stressful as there are tons of things to plan and do. Getting your security deposit back...
DIY Garage Door Repair: Tips and Tricks for Fixing Common Problems and Maintaining Your System
If your garage door needs to be fixed, wait to call a repairer. Many common problems can be fixed quickly...
7 Tips to Choosing the Right University for You
Are you considering continuing your education at university? If so, it can be overwhelming to decide which school is right...
3 Ways Loans from Credit Unions Are Different From Major Banks
If you’re in the loan market, you may wonder if a credit union is the right choice. Here are three...
The World of Coffee: Exploring the Aromas, Flavors, and Benefits of the World’s Most Popular Beverage
Coffee is one of the world’s most popular beverages, enjoyed by people of all ages and backgrounds. It’s also one...
New Driver? 5 Things to Consider When Looking for Driving School
When it comes to choosing a driving school, there are many factors to consider. Not all driving schools are created...
Landscape Irrigation Systems: The Basics
If you’re a homeowner, you know that keeping your lawn and landscaping looking nice can be a lot of work....
5 Things to Look for in Luxury Hotels
When it comes to luxury hotels, there is a lot to look out for. Here are five key things that...
Is There a Difference Between Commercial and Residential Concrete?
If you’re a contractor, you know that concrete is a versatile construction material. But did you know that there are...
5 Tips to Find the Right Litigation Firm
When it comes to selecting the right litigation firm for your legal needs, choosing wisely is of utmost importance. It’s...
Tech8 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech8 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business3 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Business7 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Law2 years ago
How Can A Divorce Lawyer Help You Get Through Divorce?
Tech5 years ago
When To Send Your Bulk Messages?
Travel11 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
Tech2 years ago
5 Link Building Strategies You Can Apply For Local SEO