Women deal with a number of skin issues. Stretch marks, fine lines, age spots and acne, to name a few. Cellulites will probably count as one of the most challenging to resolve or even to reduce. Not that men don’t have to deal with these skin issues too but, whether it’s the societal expectations or real physiological differences that are making women feel more compelled to resolve these skin problems, the bottomline is that these skin issues are a bigger issue for women.
Women and Cellulites
In the case of cellulites, it is the physiological differences between a woman and a man’s body that are causing women distress over having to deal with their cellulite problems. Skincare specialists, fitness experts, and scientists alike, all seem to agree although their explanations for the underlying reasons vary widely.
Fitness guru and author of “Delavier’s Sculpting Anatomy for Women: Core, Butt, and Legs,” Frédéric Delavier, offers four reasons why women seem to get it more than men do:
1. Water retention. Women go through a monthly cycle of water retention timed with menstruation. This waste water accumulation, Delavier says, is what eventually hardens, become stored underneath and eventually causes cellulites.
2. Hormonal change. Women go through more regular phases characterized by sharp spikes and drops in hormonal levels — puberty, monthly menstruation cycle, pregnancy and menopause.
3. Prolonged and chronic stress. Women go through prolonged bouts with stressful situations, including pregnancy. Stress, he says, tends to obstruct normal metabolic pathways which eventually causes fat storage and bulges to appear.
4. Heredity. Women who have inherited the condition will have to exercise more, and more often, he says.
Some experts say, the differences go down to the arrangement of the skin matrix. Men’s skin they say are more tightly knit while women’s have more tendency to become loose. Others go on to explain that women have more fat while men have more muscles which tend to make skin and muscle synthesis firmer in men than in women.
What is clear at the moment is that cellulites are caused by fibers that pull down the skin and cause fat cells to become trapped. As to what causes the fibers to grow is still unknown.
Women getting away with Cellulites
If you had US$ 60, should you spend it on a Bodishape Cellulite Cream? Below is a lowdown on what treatments work and not when it comes to reducing or vanishing to cellulites:
1. Exercise. Some experts, like Delavier, continue to strongly recommend exercise, particularly targeted exercises, to give yourself a good fight against cellulites. Exercise may not be able to flush out the fibers but, when the fats shrink, the pulling loosens up and the dimpling on the surface can be expected to smoothen out. At the very least, you can keep cellulites from showing or worsening.
2. Cellulite and firming creams. The primary mechanism being offered by these topical solutions is to melt away fats stored underneath the skin or, increase metabolic fat rate so that you can lose fats faster than with regular exercising alone. This is the theory. The practical effects vary greatly. Studies are pointing out the positive effects of retinols on improving the appearance of cellulites.
Even if your cellulite cream does act on the fats and melt these to be excreted from your body, the trickier part is eliminating the tough collagen fibers that pull down on your skin which clearly cannot be achieved by topical applications alone.
3. Clinical, non-surgical procedures. Here comes finally, the beauty of skincare science and technology! What your Bodishape Cellulite Cream or another firming cream cannot do, can now be done for you by a qualified professional. With modern, non-invasive and minimially-invasive procedures such as BodyFX, Cellulaze and Cellfina, the chances of ridding your thighs and legs of cellulites have gone up several notches. The best part is that you can literally walk in for the treatment and then go home right after — no cuts, and no to minimal downtime required.
Of course, surgery is always an option but should always be your last resort. With results of non-surgical treatments proven to last for up to two years based on FDA reviewed studies, why would you still want to risk going under the knife?
Many skin issues are more than just skin deep. Personality, self-esteem, self-perception and relationship with others, among other things, can be dictated by how you look as others see you but more so at how you look at yourself.
Can You Use Residential Property for Commercial Use
Having extra income, constantly flowing in can make all the difference in the current economy. Getting creative with how you...
Running a Business? How to Minimize Supply Chain Issues
Supply chain issues have always been an issue for businesses but over the last few years, the effect and widespread...
How to Increase Your House Value Before Selling
Increasing home value is the first step to making your place more attractive for future buyers. Whether you are trying...
Why Calorie Control Is Still The Best Way To Diet
There are a great deal of different options when it comes to dieting, every day there seems to be a...
The Benefits Of Trade Credit Insurance For Your Business
Trade credit insurance provides cover for businesses who trade on a credit basis. If the people who owe money for...
5 Charming Restaurant Decor Ideas In 2022
Making your restaurant memorable and stand out is a feat worthy of praise. The sheer pressure of wanting to succeed...
Bank Won’t Fund Your Business? 4 Loan Alternatives To Get You Started
Businesses typically require some sort of collateral or proof of concept before funding their business venture. However, it is possible...
Planning A Stag Do
If you’re a Best Man then you’re in a unique position of responsibility, and before the day itself when you’ll...
What Triggers Eczema | Tips to Reduce Eczema Flare-Ups
Eczema is a skin condition that can induce redness, itchiness, and skin inflammation. Its root cause is not fully understood,...
Women’s Fashion Trends To Expect In 2022
A new year means new fashion trends. We cannot wait for what is in store in 2022. It seems that...
Home Makeover Trends: Insights from The Pros
Are you considering a home makeover but don’t know where to start? You’re in luck! In this article, we will...
Interior Design Trends 2022
We all spend time pining over other people’s interior’s on Pinterest or Instagram, but with these trends, it’s easy to...
Top Commonly Overlooked Car Maintenance and Repairs
Maintaining a car is a huge responsibility. There’s a lot that goes into that given how complicated a machine it...
What Is The Difference Between Strata and Property Manager
Real estate is a diverse market, and as such, it can be hard to determine the differences between various types...
Sleek Home Upgrades That Will Luxe Up Your Life
Sometimes we need a vast endeavor to make our home look extravagant and cheek but very often you can implement...
Tech7 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech7 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business6 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Business2 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Travel10 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
General7 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
Tech8 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
Tech7 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists