The 2013 Golden Globe Awards was loaded with glamour, humour and controversial speeches (I won’t mention any names – Jodie Foster). Although I expected nothing less from the first of this year’s major award ceremonies, my excitement was undeniably reserved for the star-studded belles and beaus of the red carpet.
Here are some of the emerging trends that punctuated the evening, leaving the rest of us with some glamour tips for our own evening wardrobe.
5 Golden Globe Style Trends
- Red on Red: Clearly these actresses had no reservations competing with the red carpet itself- much to their credit. Putting scarlet back on the menu for awards season, Jennifer Lawrence rocked the red on red trend with her full-skirted Dior couture gown. Zooey Deschanel was a notable second in her strapless Oscar de la Renta dress, which she accessorised with a classic set of pearls.
- Black is Back: Adele, Kate Hudson, and Nicole Kidman are just a few of the names that pulled out LBDs for this year’s Golden Globes ceremony. Their jet black gowns are a testament to the fact that black is a classic red carpet staple that packs a punch whatever your age.
- It’s all about the Sleeves: Jennifer Lopez, Kate Hudson and Eva Longoria all pulled out sleek winter sleeves for the occasion. Pairing the look with deep necklines, lace trim, and embellishments, these A-list actresses were the best examples of how to pull off long sleeve evening wear.
- White/Nude: The 2013 Golden Globe red carpet was a winter wonderland of white, nude, and blush gowns. A trend that has filtered down from the catwalk, the unforgiving shade coupled with nude was one of the biggest winners of the night. Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried, Helen Hunt, and Lea Michelle were among the starlets who opted for the lighter look, with Michelle Dockery scooping a nomination for best dressed in her designer gown.
- Embellishment: Thandie Newton, Kerry Washington, and Emily Blunt were fashion-favourites in their bejewelled dresses. Pulling out all the stops, these actresses brought their sheer glamour to the red carpet and were some of the biggest style hits of the evening.
2013 Golden Globes Best Dressed
Near the top of my favourite celeb red carpet appearances, Emily Blunt led the embellishment trend with her gold cut-out Michael Kors dress. Finishing of the look with smoky eyes, a sleek bun and a box clutch, Blunt was the epitome of sartorial splendour! Kate Hudson was a close second in her gorgeous black Alexander McQueen gown. Pulling off the sleek look with its dazzling gold bead neckline, Kate was looking her pre-baby best. Lastly, not enough can be said about Michelle Dockery’s white Alexandre Vauthier gown and its structured gold yoke overlay. The UK beauty was the highlight of the 2013 Golden Globes red carpet with her ultra glamorous look.
Bella Gray is loves writing about the latest emerging fashion trends and celebrity style. A of couture and men’s dinner suits, Gray is the perfect go-to-gal for all your fashion gossip and news.
Best Places To Visit In The North Of England
If you live in England, you will know there are many different places to visit for the weekend. There are...
Green Home Improvement Ideas
In a world where environmental concerns are growing, the concept of “green” has gone beyond a trendy catchphrase and is...
How to Host an Unforgettable House-Warming!
The time has finally come. You have moved into your dream pad, and are officially adulting in your very own...
A Guide to Parking Lot Striping
The journey to a well-striped parking lot begins with the right paint. In this brief guide, we’ll unravel the mystery...
Business Tips For Protecting Your Finances During A Recession
In 2023, taking the necessary steps to protect your finances for your business is now more important than ever. The...
Tips For Cleaning Your Trainers
If you’re into your trainers and streetwear, you’re likely to be very conscious of keeping them looking their best! So,...
Branding Trends For Start-Ups in 2023
Branding is incredibly important as it impacts how your business reaches and connects with its target market. If you’re branding...
Avoiding the Wrong Kind of Growth
Growth is vital for any business – some models, like tech start-ups, are built around periods of dramatic, explosive growth...
How To Become A Property Developer
There are several reasons why an individual will want to become a property developer. One of the main reasons for...
What Is The Difference Between Cyber Attacks and Cyber Threats?
If you own a business that uses the cloud to manage workloads, you have probably heard of the terms cyberattack...
3 Types of Marketing Every Small Construction Business Should Do
Construction is a very saturated sector, whether you’re a large or small construction company, so marketing should be at the...
How Relevant Life Insurance Plans Can Future-Proof Your Business
Last year, UK inflation reached the highest level that it had been for decades. The markets became unsteady and nervous...
In a Car Accident? Here’s How to Find a Great Lawyer
If you’ve recently been in a car accident, you know that it can be an overwhelming experience. Not only do...
Considering Therapy? Here’s a Few Common Therapy Techniques Explained
If you’re considering therapy as a means to improve your mental health, you may be curious about the type of...
Top 5 Home Repairs You Should Never DIY
DIY home repairs are all the rage these days. But before you jump on the bandwagon, there are some things...
Tech9 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech9 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business4 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Business8 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Law3 years ago
How Can A Divorce Lawyer Help You Get Through Divorce?
Tech6 years ago
When To Send Your Bulk Messages?
Tech3 years ago
5 Link Building Strategies You Can Apply For Local SEO
Travel11 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat