The 2013 Golden Globe Awards was loaded with glamour, humour and controversial speeches (I won’t mention any names – Jodie Foster). Although I expected nothing less from the first of this year’s major award ceremonies, my excitement was undeniably reserved for the star-studded belles and beaus of the red carpet.
Here are some of the emerging trends that punctuated the evening, leaving the rest of us with some glamour tips for our own evening wardrobe.
5 Golden Globe Style Trends
- Red on Red: Clearly these actresses had no reservations competing with the red carpet itself- much to their credit. Putting scarlet back on the menu for awards season, Jennifer Lawrence rocked the red on red trend with her full-skirted Dior couture gown. Zooey Deschanel was a notable second in her strapless Oscar de la Renta dress, which she accessorised with a classic set of pearls.
- Black is Back: Adele, Kate Hudson, and Nicole Kidman are just a few of the names that pulled out LBDs for this year’s Golden Globes ceremony. Their jet black gowns are a testament to the fact that black is a classic red carpet staple that packs a punch whatever your age.
- It’s all about the Sleeves: Jennifer Lopez, Kate Hudson and Eva Longoria all pulled out sleek winter sleeves for the occasion. Pairing the look with deep necklines, lace trim, and embellishments, these A-list actresses were the best examples of how to pull off long sleeve evening wear.
- White/Nude: The 2013 Golden Globe red carpet was a winter wonderland of white, nude, and blush gowns. A trend that has filtered down from the catwalk, the unforgiving shade coupled with nude was one of the biggest winners of the night. Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried, Helen Hunt, and Lea Michelle were among the starlets who opted for the lighter look, with Michelle Dockery scooping a nomination for best dressed in her designer gown.
- Embellishment: Thandie Newton, Kerry Washington, and Emily Blunt were fashion-favourites in their bejewelled dresses. Pulling out all the stops, these actresses brought their sheer glamour to the red carpet and were some of the biggest style hits of the evening.
2013 Golden Globes Best Dressed
Near the top of my favourite celeb red carpet appearances, Emily Blunt led the embellishment trend with her gold cut-out Michael Kors dress. Finishing of the look with smoky eyes, a sleek bun and a box clutch, Blunt was the epitome of sartorial splendour! Kate Hudson was a close second in her gorgeous black Alexander McQueen gown. Pulling off the sleek look with its dazzling gold bead neckline, Kate was looking her pre-baby best. Lastly, not enough can be said about Michelle Dockery’s white Alexandre Vauthier gown and its structured gold yoke overlay. The UK beauty was the highlight of the 2013 Golden Globes red carpet with her ultra glamorous look.
Bella Gray is loves writing about the latest emerging fashion trends and celebrity style. A of couture and men’s dinner suits, Gray is the perfect go-to-gal for all your fashion gossip and news.
Why Is Quantity Surveying Essential in Construction Industry
Quantity surveying is an essential part of the Australian construction industry. It is the process of calculating and estimating the...
How to Maintain Upholstered Furniture
No matter if you have pets or kids, maintaining your upholstered furniture is quite a challenge. Even though vacuuming it...
How Do I Find a Good Bubble.io Developer?
Finding a good bubble developer to help build your app or digital product can seem challenging. How can you choose...
When is a right time for home repairs?
Summer is a popular time for a renovation around the globe. While it is true that bright days and warm...
Top 15 Alteryx Competitors
The world has seen a tremendous rise in startups and new incorporations in the business world. Companies have great potential...
Latest Wedding Trends for 2023
If you’re planning on getting married this year, chances are you’re probably overwhelmed and confused when it comes to wedding...
Tips To Make The Most Of Your City Break In London!
London is one of the best cities in the world, known for its quintessentially British culture, great nightlife, fantastic museums...
The Ultimate Guide To Packing For A Trip To London
London is one of the best cities in the world, known for it’s rich history, quintessentially British culture, the best...
Top 15 Web Development IDEs
The web development field has seen sustainable growth throughout the years. As technology is advancing, so is the web development...
12 Key DevOps Programming Languages to Still Popular in 2022
“DevOps is not a goal, but a never-ending process of continual improvement.” – Jez Humble Delivering the finest of services...
Festival Fashion Style Tips For 2022
Summer is well and truly here and with that comes the festival season! From the biggest stars performing on stage...
4 Tips For Making Your Wardrobe More Sustainable
Everyone is trying to make more of an effort to make their wardrobe more sustainable, but often are unsure where...
7 tips on how to organize a budget-friendly move
If you are planning a move any time soon, you might be worried about all the expenses that wait for...
Metal Roof Colors: How to Select the Best Color for a New Roof
Choosing the right type of material for your roof is enough of a hassle already that the question of choosing...
Simple Ways To Feel More Confident At The Gym
If you are new to the gym, or you haven’t been in a while, sometimes you might not feel completely...
Tech7 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech7 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business7 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Business3 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Travel10 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
General7 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
Tech8 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
Tech7 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists