Kalimpong is a hill station in the midst of Himalayas in the state of West Bengal. Horticulture is the prime attraction of this place which is known for its beautiful orchids. There are monasteries and arts and crafts markets for further exploration. Read on.
Kalimpong falls in the state of West Bengal and it is a popular hill station from the region. It is best known for its Himalayan beauty, horticulture, and proximity to a number of other tourist destinations. You can easily find a nice accommodation at one of the hotels in Kalimpong at a reasonable tariff. Kalimpong has a modest backdrop which gives a glimpse of into the Himalayas and offers a peek into the Tibetan and Buddhist monasteries as well. One thing special about this hill station is its flower market, which sells some exquisite orchids. In fact, there are many nurseries in this town which deal in flower bulbs, rhizomes, and tubers grown in the Himalayas. This business is an essential part of the local economy. Kalimpong has temperate climate and the hill town is situated on a ridge along the river Teesta.
There are many places of attraction in Kalimpong that you can visit. Some of them are:
- Pedong Monastery – It is a Buddhist monastery about 20 km from Kalimpong. It was built in 1837 by the king of Bhutan. Pedong Monastery is just about a kilometer from the Damsang Fort which a historical structure of Bhutanese origin and was the popular landmark around this region before Kalimpong came into existence.
- Deolo Hill – This is the highest point at Kalimpong hill station and it offers a nice view of the whole area. Beautifully paved pathways, small and tall trees, the open landscape, etc. add charm to Deolo Hill. The villages of Relli Valley and the streaming Teesta can be observed from here. A park sits atop this hill which is a popular spot for picnic.
- Neora National Park – Sweeping 88 sq. km, Neora National Park offers a break from the ordinary as the nature gets just more exotic around this place. The park was established in 1986 and it is maintained by the forest department. Sikkim and Bhutan fall on the borders of this park and hence it is one of the most scenic locations in Kalimpong and a place worth your visit. Inside the Neora National Park at Kalimpong, you would witness a rich diversity of flora and fauna. Bamboo groves exuding their green and dense aura look stunning against the backdrops of the mountains and the vast sky. The highest peak of this region is known as Rechela Danda and it is an ideal place for trekking and hiking at a height of about 10,000 ft.
- Mangal Dham – Made in 1993, this Hindu temple is the prime spot for the devotees. Mangal Dham is situated in an area sprawling over 2 acres of woods and Lord Krishna is the deity worshipped here.
- Arts & Crafts Center – Kalimpong Arts and Crafts Center was founded in 1897 to promote the local handicrafts. From artefacts to jewelry to carpets to scrolls and masks, this center produces a number of items that showcase the fine craftsmanship of the artisans.
- Flower Nursery – There are many flower nurseries in Kalimpong as this hill town is a hub of horticulture. Universal Nursery is the most popular of the nurseries in Kalimpong and you would be delighted to see a large variety of vivid orchids at this place.
Besides checking out the many tourist attractions, you can also check out the local cuisine of this hill town. Find yourself a comfortable accommodation first, as there are many cheap hotels in Kalimpong, and as you settle in, start your itinerary as you please.
Author Bio: Sandeep is an experienced travel writer and enthusiast blogger. He has explored many known and less-known places in India in the last 10 years. His experience adds to his expert knowledge on the best hotels, different travel routes through trains, flights, and road. He also specializes in off-beat places to eat and stay at. He also advises amateur tourists on travel tips.
Kalimpong – The Hill Station Renowned For Its Orchids and Himalayan Charm
3 Keys If You Want to Look Better
Are you generally happy with your look these days? In the event you said no, what steps can you take...
What Can You Do to Strengthen Your Business?
Operating a business means you have a lot of weight on your shoulders to say the least. With that in...
Should You Buy Real Estate At The End Of 2020
Experts analyzed the prospects and possible scenarios for the development of events. Residents of the US are warned about the...
How To Be A Confident Person
Attractive, confident, funny, charismatic. These are some characteristics that define an alpha individual. While we all know what the goal...
Why Do Cats Get Diarrhea?
If you’re a pet owner, then you’ll know that one of the most common problems you need to deal with...
Common Reasons For Visiting An Orthopaedic Surgeon
Have you suffered regular knee or back pain? Do you feel tired or stiff for a long time after resting...
Best Wholesale Beauty Product Suppliers In 2020
Beauty products include a range of goods that are used to care and enhance the appearance of your face, hair,...
Big Things A Digital Marketing Business Conducts
The customary word “ad” is defined as a communication procedure between the group of onlookers and the imminent business moving...
International Shipping In A Global Pandemic
The Covid-19 pandemic completely turned the world on its head, in more ways than one. Beyond the devastating medical challenges,...
8 Ways To Reduce Stoke Risk
Stroke is the fifth leading cause of death in the United States. To help you understand how severe and common...
Top Whey Protein Recipes To Lose Your Body Fat
Losing weight and keeping the kilos off is not an easy thing to do. Everything from what you consume to...
5 Amazing SEO Tools to Spy On Your Competitor’s Website
So, you’re running an online business, and you surely want your business to get the best results. But, there are...
Keep .eu Domain After Brexit
Domains are becoming as essential as someone’s own home in the world of internet. Internet users are always looking for...
How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar With Mother To Maximize The Health Benefits
Apple cider vinegar is used in many different household chores like floor washing, cleaning, doing dishes, vegetables and fruits washing,...
8 Tips from Dermatologists For Gorgeous Skin
We all wish of a flawless and glowing skin, but it’s not always easy to figure out the skin care...
- Tech5 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech5 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business5 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel8 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General5 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech5 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Tech6 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Health7 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition