Important Facts To Know About Melanoma
Skin cancer is one of the most common types of cancer among Americans. Melanoma is a skin cancer which progresses faster compared to other types of skin cancers. Most Americans are not completely aware of this deadly disease, which is perhaps one of the reasons why there is such a high rate of incidence.
Early Detection and Prevention
Melanoma of the skin can be successfully cured if tracked early. A simple mole on any part of the body can be an early sign. Do not take it for granted that it is a new beauty spot and as soon as you find it, visit a specialist and let him diagnose it.
Self examination is a must every month to look out for the pattern of moles and the changes in its size. Your scalp and back are the hardest area for self examination. So it would be better to get help from a friend or the doctor.
One can prevent melanoma by following a few basic steps. It is advised to use sunscreen lotion liberally several times a day if you are exposed to sun for a long time. A check up at the first detection of a mole in a clinic can easily prevent further spreading of melanoma.
Causes of Melanoma
1. Exposure to ultraviolet radiation.
2. Exposure to sun for a long time.
3. Fair skin that freckles and tends to sunburn.
4. Large mole since birth or due to burning.
5. Numerous moles on any body part.
6. Genetics is also an important factor that can contribute to melanoma.
7. Changes in genes.
Treatment of Melanoma
Learning about the risk of sun exposure is the basic way to prevent Melanoma skin cancer. But, if you are already suffering from the disease, the best treatment advised by doctors is surgery. Early diagnosed melanomas are easy to cure and treat. However those in the later stages are difficult to treat. Depending on the size, age, thickness, body location and many other considerations, treatment is advised. In advanced stages you might need treatments like immunotherapy.
Important Facts of Melanoma
1. Genetics most important and commonly known risk factor. Checking up with members of the family about the condition is important in detecting melanoma.
2. Thirty percent of male patients have melanoma growth on the back. Awareness is important and it is necessary to check well for any changes in the moles like changes in coloring or size.
3. There are many types of melanoma skin cancers. A doctor is the right person to find out the type of melanoma the patient has.
4. Melanoma can occur at any age; however, it is mostly found in age group 25 to 29.
5. Overexposure to sunrays can contribute to the disease. Sunbathing poses a higher risk. Use of sunscreen before going outdoors is advised.
6. Melanoma is at the root of almost 5% of all skin cancers. Around 71% of people suffering from skin cancer die because of it. Studies prove that nearly one in every 50 Americans may suffer from melanoma.
7. No significant advanced treatment has been found in the last 3 decades.
8. Melanoma cases increase by around 3% every year. Around 63,000 cases are diagnosed yearly and nearly 8,000 deaths have occurred.
9. Awareness is important. You have to check the moles on every part of the body and study the changes in size, the coloring of the mole, the spreading of the mole etc.
10. Early detection is important as it can help cure the disease completely.
11. Compared to women, men are more susceptible to melanoma.
12. Melanoma can occur in any racial group or skin color (Brown, white or black).
The best way to prevent the disease is to limit sun exposure, do regular self-examinations and wear sunscreen before going outdoors. If you notice any changes in the skin, consult your physician immediately.
In a Car Accident? Here’s How to Find a Great Lawyer
If you’ve recently been in a car accident, you know that it can be an overwhelming experience. Not only do...
Considering Therapy? Here’s a Few Common Therapy Techniques Explained
If you’re considering therapy as a means to improve your mental health, you may be curious about the type of...
Top 5 Home Repairs You Should Never DIY
DIY home repairs are all the rage these days. But before you jump on the bandwagon, there are some things...
The Power of CBD Oil for Relaxation: How to Use it for Sleep and Stress Relief
If you’re struggling to get a good night’s sleep or feeling stressed, try CBD oil. CBD oil has a moment...
Benefits of Getting your Mobile Phone Repair
Mobile phone repair is a task that needs high skills and experience. That is why we always recommend users trust...
Great Ways To Clean To Get Your Security Deposit Back In Full
Moving is almost always stressful as there are tons of things to plan and do. Getting your security deposit back...
DIY Garage Door Repair: Tips and Tricks for Fixing Common Problems and Maintaining Your System
If your garage door needs to be fixed, wait to call a repairer. Many common problems can be fixed quickly...
7 Tips to Choosing the Right University for You
Are you considering continuing your education at university? If so, it can be overwhelming to decide which school is right...
3 Ways Loans from Credit Unions Are Different From Major Banks
If you’re in the loan market, you may wonder if a credit union is the right choice. Here are three...
The World of Coffee: Exploring the Aromas, Flavors, and Benefits of the World’s Most Popular Beverage
Coffee is one of the world’s most popular beverages, enjoyed by people of all ages and backgrounds. It’s also one...
New Driver? 5 Things to Consider When Looking for Driving School
When it comes to choosing a driving school, there are many factors to consider. Not all driving schools are created...
Landscape Irrigation Systems: The Basics
If you’re a homeowner, you know that keeping your lawn and landscaping looking nice can be a lot of work....
5 Things to Look for in Luxury Hotels
When it comes to luxury hotels, there is a lot to look out for. Here are five key things that...
Is There a Difference Between Commercial and Residential Concrete?
If you’re a contractor, you know that concrete is a versatile construction material. But did you know that there are...
5 Tips to Find the Right Litigation Firm
When it comes to selecting the right litigation firm for your legal needs, choosing wisely is of utmost importance. It’s...
Tech8 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech8 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business3 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Business7 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Law2 years ago
How Can A Divorce Lawyer Help You Get Through Divorce?
Tech5 years ago
When To Send Your Bulk Messages?
Travel11 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
Tech2 years ago
5 Link Building Strategies You Can Apply For Local SEO