Students of all ages and interests share common experiences while in school. Every student has classes they love and one or two they hate. The classes that students love are always taught by a dynamic and popular teacher with a passion for their particular subject which is often shared by the students. This is a good starting point for an educational video.
Understanding the Target Audience
Video production must begin with the target audience in mind. This helps create content the audience will find interesting and benefit from watching. The videomaker will know how important production values are to this audience and what kind of teacher they will relate to the best. The videomaker must answer these questions before beginning the production.
- What interests this particular group of people? Picking the subject will help narrow down the choices to present the information on the video.
- Who would they respect or be excited about as the teacher? This person is necessarily an expert in their field and comfortable in front of a camera.
- How important to them are the production values? The video must look professional since it is easier to achieve high production values at a modest expense today. It must at least match the production values of the competition.
This applies to work-for-hire projects involving a corporation or a general product for distribution on the open market or something made for students at a local community college.
Planning the Narrative
Break the narrative down into scripted segments so that the video crew and the teacher can understand the details of the production. It is a good practice to use this script to create a storyboard. This is a physical representation of what each scene in the video will look like. It is okay to do this by hand with index cards or with a PowerPoint presentation. Creating and arranging these will help the production plan take shape and make things run much more smoothly.
Planning the Production
The videomaker must make decisions about people, places, and things for use in the video. Keep in mind that although an educational video may take place primarily in a classroom; there is a need for capturing some video from other places to make a point during the narrative.
- Assemble the crew for shooting the video. The minimum crew will be a camera person, a sound operator, and a light person. Some videomakers will prefer to use the camera themselves and not rely on a camera person. It is a good idea to have someone attend the teacher during the shoot since it will be a tough experience for them and the whole production revolves around their performance.
- Decide on the primary shooting locations and obtain clearance for the dates of the video shoot. Double check this and pick a backup location just in case something happens at the last minute.
- Obtain the camera, sound, and lighting equipment necessary for the video. Get it early and allow some time to familiarize the crew with the equipment. Choose a camera with good low light capability since this is sometimes a problem during video shoots. Prepare everyone to shoot as much extra video as possible since this is vital during the editing process.
- Create a shooting schedule that follows your storyboard, but do not assume things will go smoothly. It is a good practice to under schedule how much to do each day of the shoot. This reduces pressure from the crew and the teacher and builds positive feeling if you manage to get ahead of schedule. There will be days when things are difficult and this type of shooting schedule takes that into consideration. It is easier to shoot extra on a day when things go smoothly than to force things on a day when everything seems to go wrong.
This article was contributed by CD Technical who specialize in digital distribution solutions and helping educational video makers with streaming video services and distribution.
Best Places To Visit In The North Of England
If you live in England, you will know there are many different places to visit for the weekend. There are...
Green Home Improvement Ideas
In a world where environmental concerns are growing, the concept of “green” has gone beyond a trendy catchphrase and is...
How to Host an Unforgettable House-Warming!
The time has finally come. You have moved into your dream pad, and are officially adulting in your very own...
A Guide to Parking Lot Striping
The journey to a well-striped parking lot begins with the right paint. In this brief guide, we’ll unravel the mystery...
Business Tips For Protecting Your Finances During A Recession
In 2023, taking the necessary steps to protect your finances for your business is now more important than ever. The...
Tips For Cleaning Your Trainers
If you’re into your trainers and streetwear, you’re likely to be very conscious of keeping them looking their best! So,...
Branding Trends For Start-Ups in 2023
Branding is incredibly important as it impacts how your business reaches and connects with its target market. If you’re branding...
Avoiding the Wrong Kind of Growth
Growth is vital for any business – some models, like tech start-ups, are built around periods of dramatic, explosive growth...
How To Become A Property Developer
There are several reasons why an individual will want to become a property developer. One of the main reasons for...
What Is The Difference Between Cyber Attacks and Cyber Threats?
If you own a business that uses the cloud to manage workloads, you have probably heard of the terms cyberattack...
3 Types of Marketing Every Small Construction Business Should Do
Construction is a very saturated sector, whether you’re a large or small construction company, so marketing should be at the...
How Relevant Life Insurance Plans Can Future-Proof Your Business
Last year, UK inflation reached the highest level that it had been for decades. The markets became unsteady and nervous...
In a Car Accident? Here’s How to Find a Great Lawyer
If you’ve recently been in a car accident, you know that it can be an overwhelming experience. Not only do...
Considering Therapy? Here’s a Few Common Therapy Techniques Explained
If you’re considering therapy as a means to improve your mental health, you may be curious about the type of...
Top 5 Home Repairs You Should Never DIY
DIY home repairs are all the rage these days. But before you jump on the bandwagon, there are some things...
Tech9 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech9 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business4 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Business8 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Law3 years ago
How Can A Divorce Lawyer Help You Get Through Divorce?
Tech6 years ago
When To Send Your Bulk Messages?
Tech3 years ago
5 Link Building Strategies You Can Apply For Local SEO
Travel11 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat