Do you need to include a LinkedIn URL on your resume? The short answer is “Yes, you definitely need to.”
But before you include the URL, make sure that your LinkedIn profile has been updated completely with your professional qualifications and accomplishments as well as your personal contact information. Update skills so that it becomes easier for prospective employers to match your skills to the job requirements.
Why do you need to include a LinkedIn URL?
- 90% of most human resource managers use LinkedIn.com as the primary social media for researching candidates. So the LinkedIn profile page has become even more important that your street address or phone number.
- A LinkedIn profile showcases your contacts to the prospective employer. You are judged by who you know within the LinkedIn community. Your social media presence communicates your networking abilities, your ability to form the right professional connections, and your choice of professional groups and job interests.
- In a snapshot, a prospective employer can view the recommendations of people who know you well and who have worked with you. This is something that a resume alone cannot provide. Recommendations are non-editable by the candidate seeking the job. These, therefore, are the true test of a candidate’s qualifications.
- The LinkedIn profile only complements your resume. It is not a substitute for a resume. Never include a line that leaves information incomplete on your resume and instead leaves a link saying “Click here for more information”. This is an absolute no-no.
- The LinkedIn profile is your professional brand and speaks for who you are, what you do, and who you know. Respect this and utilize it in your job search.
How do you include a LinkedIn URL in your resume?
Before you copy the URL, proofread your profile to see that there are no spelling errors. To do this, you will have to first Log in to LinkedIn.com.
Follow these essential steps to procure the URL and include it in your resume:
- After logging in, click on the “Profile” tab and then click “View Profile”.
- Once you have checked your profile for errors, move to the address field at the top of your Web browser window and copy the web address.
- Copy this URL to the Additional Information or Contact section of your resume. Include a small description by saying, “LinkedIn Profile:”
- When you place the cursor at the end of the copied URL and press “Enter”, the word processor will turn the URL into a hyperlink. What this means is that when the employer clicks on this hyperlink, he will be directly navigated to the LinkedIn website and your profile.
- Since the URL contains “http//” and “www”, you can delete the “http//” from the URL and retain only “www”. Make the URL short so it looks better on your resume.
LinkedIn URLs must be included in your resumes. They are also an important asset in your job search process. LinkedIn also helps prospective employers to discover you and reach out to you easily. Maintaining an updated profile also speaks volumes about your determination and interest to get a job. A very important tool in the online recruiting domain, a LinkedIn profile will only boost your chances of securing a job.
Article written and published by Sun Maag. Visit ResumeEdge.com for professional resume writing help and more.
Why Is Quantity Surveying Essential in Construction Industry
Quantity surveying is an essential part of the Australian construction industry. It is the process of calculating and estimating the...
How to Maintain Upholstered Furniture
No matter if you have pets or kids, maintaining your upholstered furniture is quite a challenge. Even though vacuuming it...
How Do I Find a Good Bubble.io Developer?
Finding a good bubble developer to help build your app or digital product can seem challenging. How can you choose...
When is a right time for home repairs?
Summer is a popular time for a renovation around the globe. While it is true that bright days and warm...
Top 15 Alteryx Competitors
The world has seen a tremendous rise in startups and new incorporations in the business world. Companies have great potential...
Latest Wedding Trends for 2023
If you’re planning on getting married this year, chances are you’re probably overwhelmed and confused when it comes to wedding...
Tips To Make The Most Of Your City Break In London!
London is one of the best cities in the world, known for its quintessentially British culture, great nightlife, fantastic museums...
The Ultimate Guide To Packing For A Trip To London
London is one of the best cities in the world, known for it’s rich history, quintessentially British culture, the best...
Top 15 Web Development IDEs
The web development field has seen sustainable growth throughout the years. As technology is advancing, so is the web development...
12 Key DevOps Programming Languages to Still Popular in 2022
“DevOps is not a goal, but a never-ending process of continual improvement.” – Jez Humble Delivering the finest of services...
Festival Fashion Style Tips For 2022
Summer is well and truly here and with that comes the festival season! From the biggest stars performing on stage...
4 Tips For Making Your Wardrobe More Sustainable
Everyone is trying to make more of an effort to make their wardrobe more sustainable, but often are unsure where...
7 tips on how to organize a budget-friendly move
If you are planning a move any time soon, you might be worried about all the expenses that wait for...
Metal Roof Colors: How to Select the Best Color for a New Roof
Choosing the right type of material for your roof is enough of a hassle already that the question of choosing...
Simple Ways To Feel More Confident At The Gym
If you are new to the gym, or you haven’t been in a while, sometimes you might not feel completely...
Tech7 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech7 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business7 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Business3 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Travel10 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
General7 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
Tech8 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
Tech7 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists