Do you need to include a LinkedIn URL on your resume? The short answer is “Yes, you definitely need to.”
But before you include the URL, make sure that your LinkedIn profile has been updated completely with your professional qualifications and accomplishments as well as your personal contact information. Update skills so that it becomes easier for prospective employers to match your skills to the job requirements.
Why do you need to include a LinkedIn URL?
- 90% of most human resource managers use LinkedIn.com as the primary social media for researching candidates. So the LinkedIn profile page has become even more important that your street address or phone number.
- A LinkedIn profile showcases your contacts to the prospective employer. You are judged by who you know within the LinkedIn community. Your social media presence communicates your networking abilities, your ability to form the right professional connections, and your choice of professional groups and job interests.
- In a snapshot, a prospective employer can view the recommendations of people who know you well and who have worked with you. This is something that a resume alone cannot provide. Recommendations are non-editable by the candidate seeking the job. These, therefore, are the true test of a candidate’s qualifications.
- The LinkedIn profile only complements your resume. It is not a substitute for a resume. Never include a line that leaves information incomplete on your resume and instead leaves a link saying “Click here for more information”. This is an absolute no-no.
- The LinkedIn profile is your professional brand and speaks for who you are, what you do, and who you know. Respect this and utilize it in your job search.
How do you include a LinkedIn URL in your resume?
Before you copy the URL, proofread your profile to see that there are no spelling errors. To do this, you will have to first Log in to LinkedIn.com.
Follow these essential steps to procure the URL and include it in your resume:
- After logging in, click on the “Profile” tab and then click “View Profile”.
- Once you have checked your profile for errors, move to the address field at the top of your Web browser window and copy the web address.
- Copy this URL to the Additional Information or Contact section of your resume. Include a small description by saying, “LinkedIn Profile:”
- When you place the cursor at the end of the copied URL and press “Enter”, the word processor will turn the URL into a hyperlink. What this means is that when the employer clicks on this hyperlink, he will be directly navigated to the LinkedIn website and your profile.
- Since the URL contains “http//” and “www”, you can delete the “http//” from the URL and retain only “www”. Make the URL short so it looks better on your resume.
LinkedIn URLs must be included in your resumes. They are also an important asset in your job search process. LinkedIn also helps prospective employers to discover you and reach out to you easily. Maintaining an updated profile also speaks volumes about your determination and interest to get a job. A very important tool in the online recruiting domain, a LinkedIn profile will only boost your chances of securing a job.
Article written and published by Sun Maag. Visit ResumeEdge.com for professional resume writing help and more.
Best Places To Visit In The North Of England
If you live in England, you will know there are many different places to visit for the weekend. There are...
Green Home Improvement Ideas
In a world where environmental concerns are growing, the concept of “green” has gone beyond a trendy catchphrase and is...
How to Host an Unforgettable House-Warming!
The time has finally come. You have moved into your dream pad, and are officially adulting in your very own...
A Guide to Parking Lot Striping
The journey to a well-striped parking lot begins with the right paint. In this brief guide, we’ll unravel the mystery...
Business Tips For Protecting Your Finances During A Recession
In 2023, taking the necessary steps to protect your finances for your business is now more important than ever. The...
Tips For Cleaning Your Trainers
If you’re into your trainers and streetwear, you’re likely to be very conscious of keeping them looking their best! So,...
Branding Trends For Start-Ups in 2023
Branding is incredibly important as it impacts how your business reaches and connects with its target market. If you’re branding...
Avoiding the Wrong Kind of Growth
Growth is vital for any business – some models, like tech start-ups, are built around periods of dramatic, explosive growth...
How To Become A Property Developer
There are several reasons why an individual will want to become a property developer. One of the main reasons for...
What Is The Difference Between Cyber Attacks and Cyber Threats?
If you own a business that uses the cloud to manage workloads, you have probably heard of the terms cyberattack...
3 Types of Marketing Every Small Construction Business Should Do
Construction is a very saturated sector, whether you’re a large or small construction company, so marketing should be at the...
How Relevant Life Insurance Plans Can Future-Proof Your Business
Last year, UK inflation reached the highest level that it had been for decades. The markets became unsteady and nervous...
In a Car Accident? Here’s How to Find a Great Lawyer
If you’ve recently been in a car accident, you know that it can be an overwhelming experience. Not only do...
Considering Therapy? Here’s a Few Common Therapy Techniques Explained
If you’re considering therapy as a means to improve your mental health, you may be curious about the type of...
Top 5 Home Repairs You Should Never DIY
DIY home repairs are all the rage these days. But before you jump on the bandwagon, there are some things...
Tech9 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech9 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business4 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Business8 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Law3 years ago
How Can A Divorce Lawyer Help You Get Through Divorce?
Tech6 years ago
When To Send Your Bulk Messages?
Tech3 years ago
5 Link Building Strategies You Can Apply For Local SEO
Travel11 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat