Clearing The Road With Commercial Towing Services
Commercial towing services come into play when big vehicles are involved in the road mishaps. The commercial towing services are able to offer the light and heavy-duty towing services. After a road accident there is the need to clear the road especially if the accidents involved the big rigs, the loaded trailers, tankers and motor homes or other big vehicles. These crashes will require additional road closures that will help clear and clean the spilled product, glass and the debris left behind. As the vehicle owner you would want the matter to be handled with the least amount of loses for your company.
EQUIPMENT USED BY THE COMMERCIAL TOWING COMPANIES
The commercial towing companies come in handy when removing the vehicles that are in a scene of accident or are blocking the road using the appropriate equipment best for the job. Some of the most common types of towing equipment include the following
- Boom trucks feature an adjustable boom in the places where the tow truck is not able to safely back up. A great example is when the vehicle in question is stuck in a ditch or even plowed over an embankment then the boom, which is what will pull it to safety.
- The hook and the chain trucks, which are also known as the sling or the belt lift trucks. The chains are looped around the axle along which the boom winch positions the car so that it can be towed on the other axle. This type of device can easily destroy the drive train on the front wheel of the vehicle or even scratch bumpers but they are still in use when towing the vehicles that are missing wheels or that may have the steel umbers.
- The wheel lifts are the modern versions of the hook and chain during towing and they use a metal yoke that is cable to cradle the front or the rear wheels and pneumatically or through hydraulically means hoist the vehicle above ground for easy towing. It does not connect with the axle as in the case of the hook and chain but instead connects to the front wheels on the front wheel drive cars and the rear wheels on the rear wheel drive units. This device can also be referred to as the spectacle lift because of its appearance. It is said to resemble a pair if squared glasses.
- The flat bed trucks have been made to have a flat surface or a bed that is hydraulically made to incline or lowers to the ground so that the vehicle that needs to be towed is winched or driven onto it for the removal from the scene. This kind of approach can be referred to as a rollback or a slide.
- An integrated truck also called the self-loader is often used in the repo operations and in the removal of the vehicles that have been parked illegally. It incorporated the boom and the wheel lift approach and can be able to negotiate the hooking up if a vehicle from the inside the rescue vehicle without the driver having reason to exit it.
Some of the other towing units will combine some or many of these features so as to extract the damaged vehicles from any type of situation. As part of the process of the recovery the commercial towing company will also assist in the clean up and when the damaged vehicle is drivable it can provide the rollover and load shift services so as to get the vehicle upright and to help in the redistribution of the load for the safe driving. The companies have trained drivers and the equipment and the expertise and permits that are needed to perform the light, medium and the heavy duty hauling.
Written by the staff of Tiger Towing in Columbia, MO.
In a Car Accident? Here’s How to Find a Great Lawyer
If you’ve recently been in a car accident, you know that it can be an overwhelming experience. Not only do...
Considering Therapy? Here’s a Few Common Therapy Techniques Explained
If you’re considering therapy as a means to improve your mental health, you may be curious about the type of...
Top 5 Home Repairs You Should Never DIY
DIY home repairs are all the rage these days. But before you jump on the bandwagon, there are some things...
The Power of CBD Oil for Relaxation: How to Use it for Sleep and Stress Relief
If you’re struggling to get a good night’s sleep or feeling stressed, try CBD oil. CBD oil has a moment...
Benefits of Getting your Mobile Phone Repair
Mobile phone repair is a task that needs high skills and experience. That is why we always recommend users trust...
Great Ways To Clean To Get Your Security Deposit Back In Full
Moving is almost always stressful as there are tons of things to plan and do. Getting your security deposit back...
DIY Garage Door Repair: Tips and Tricks for Fixing Common Problems and Maintaining Your System
If your garage door needs to be fixed, wait to call a repairer. Many common problems can be fixed quickly...
7 Tips to Choosing the Right University for You
Are you considering continuing your education at university? If so, it can be overwhelming to decide which school is right...
3 Ways Loans from Credit Unions Are Different From Major Banks
If you’re in the loan market, you may wonder if a credit union is the right choice. Here are three...
The World of Coffee: Exploring the Aromas, Flavors, and Benefits of the World’s Most Popular Beverage
Coffee is one of the world’s most popular beverages, enjoyed by people of all ages and backgrounds. It’s also one...
New Driver? 5 Things to Consider When Looking for Driving School
When it comes to choosing a driving school, there are many factors to consider. Not all driving schools are created...
Landscape Irrigation Systems: The Basics
If you’re a homeowner, you know that keeping your lawn and landscaping looking nice can be a lot of work....
5 Things to Look for in Luxury Hotels
When it comes to luxury hotels, there is a lot to look out for. Here are five key things that...
Is There a Difference Between Commercial and Residential Concrete?
If you’re a contractor, you know that concrete is a versatile construction material. But did you know that there are...
5 Tips to Find the Right Litigation Firm
When it comes to selecting the right litigation firm for your legal needs, choosing wisely is of utmost importance. It’s...
Tech8 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech8 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business3 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Business7 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Law2 years ago
How Can A Divorce Lawyer Help You Get Through Divorce?
Tech5 years ago
When To Send Your Bulk Messages?
Travel11 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
Tech2 years ago
5 Link Building Strategies You Can Apply For Local SEO