As the hallmark of American tourism, the Grand Canyon is a spectacle that you must witness with your own eyes. With rugged Jeep daytrips to on-foot geology explorations, there are a variety of ways to explore what the South and North Rims of the Grand Canyon have to offer. And for an additional treat, plan your tour during the sunrise or sunset hours to see the canyon when it is at its most beautiful.
One of the better ways to explore this massive canyon is to take the healthy and exhilarating approach and go for a bike tour. Some of the better and more affordable tours that fall in this category include:
- Hermit Road: This eight-mile strip of canyon trail will provide cyclists with one amazing panoramic view. It’s located to the West of Bright Angel Lodge, which is located on the canyon’s South Rim.
- Greenway Trails: Over 73 miles of unique riding trials that network cross the South and North Rims.
A mule ride can be quite fun, and will provide visitors with a safe, efficient, and visually appealing way to make their way down the canyon. Some of the more popular mule rude attractions include:
- South Rim One-Day Tour: Take an eight hour tour along the Bright Angel Trail all the way through to Plateau Point. Afterwards, you will be able to witness a spectacular view of the Inner Gorge.
- South Rim Overnight Tour: This tour provides mule riders with the same trials, except this time they’ll be able to spend their night at Phantom Ranch.
- North Rim One-Day Tour: This half-day mule riding tour across the North rim will allow you to see the North Kaibab Trail as well as Uncle Jim Point, both of which are highly popular attractions at the infamous canyon.
Hop inside and hold on for life because this professional driving experience can be quite the thrill ride. As you whisk around various viewpoints of the canyon, you will be exposed to a variety of scene views. Not to mention, the jeep is open-top so you can let your hair blow back as you partake on these exciting rides as you explore one of the best places to see in Phoenix, Arizona. Jeep tours are offered on both rims, and are definitely recommended for viewing the canyon in its entirety.
There is no better way to view the Grand Canyon than to take an air tour by either helicopter or airplane. The panoramic sights will be absolutely amazing, and the exciting ride will really help get your heart pumping. After all, there is no better view than a bird’s-eye view of the Grand Canyon. Here are some recommendations for interested visitors:
- Airplane Tours: Hop on board a multi-passenger airplane as you partake in a unique sightseeing opportunity. This is the best way to quickly explore both the North and South rims of the canyon. Flight durations do vary, so be sure to find one that best suit’s what you’re looking for.
- Helicopter Tours: Helicopter tours are a little slower, but offer the same amazing view from the top. With this air tour, you will be able to witness the colorful layers or sediment spread out throughout the canyon, as well as narrated by entertaining facts about how the canyon was formed. Overall, it is a breathtaking experience.
Finally, there are full canyon trips available, some of which last for about 14 days. Although longer excursions are available, these tend to provide the ideal amount of time to fully soak up what the canyon has to offer.
Beautiful Natural Setting
The Grand Canyon is a collection of massive side canyons that have been washes away by erosion over the years, allowing for what you see today. With heights ranging as high as 9,200 feet above sea-level to as low as 1,200 feet above sea level, you will be able to witness a natural setting that thrives in both wildlife species as well as various habitats.
Ravish Khapra is a travel writer and runs his own website on travel destinations across the world. He is interested in traveling, films, music among other things. You can follow him on Google+.
How to Combine Traditional and Modern Furniture With Style
Are you in love with both traditional and modern furniture styles? Do you feel like you can’t decide between those...
How to Organize Your Garage
Do you have so much stuff in your garage, your car is left out in the cold? Keep reading. Your...
Tips On Preventing Accidents In The Workplace and Keep Your Employees Safe
Preventing accidents in the workplace is both the moral and ethical responsibility of every employer. Knowing that there’s a safety...
4 Surprising Ways SaaS Can Be A Game Changer For Small Business
The World Wide Web will never run out of tips and strategies on how to grow your business. These days,...
Understanding SaaS, PaaS, IaaS Prior to Selecting One For Your Business
Summary: Cloud Computing is rising at a faster pace, and it’s crucially important for organizations to move to the Cloud...
5 Tips to Avoid Federal Tax Penalty For Taxpayers
When you are undergoing a tax issue, then it is vital to have knowledge of what are you up against...
Spy App For Android A Tool For Keeping Workplace
Dealing with routine matters has been a lot easier and stress-free thanks to modern technology. Want to order food, use...
How to Create A Backyard Zen Oasis
The lifestyle of the modern era usually depletes one’s energy by the time they get home from work. Whether or...
Mistakes You Need to Avoid When Preparing Your CV
Writing a CV can be hard. You have to somehow condense all your experience into 1 or 2 A4 pages....
Home Decor Trends For 2021: What You Can Expect
This year, the Covid pandemic has had a huge impact on many different industries and sectors and one which has...
5 Ways to Protect Your Teeth This Christmas
Christmas is just around the corner and the preparations are well underway for the festive day, even if it is...
How to Create A Referral Marketing Program In 6 Easy Steps
You may have heard of the benefits of a referral program. Besides helping you attract more traffic to your website,...
5 Important Web Design Considerations to Make For Better SEO
Ever since the birth of search engines, practices in optimising websites for better search rankings have changed considerably. Where it...
4 Reasons For Your Teeth Becoming Sensitive
Having sensitive teeth can be a common issue for many, but it can also be a sign that you have...
How To Keep Your Business Clean & Sanitised
If your business offers any kind of public-facing services, then you will likely be thinking a lot more about the...
- Tech6 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech6 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business5 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel9 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General6 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech7 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Tech6 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Health7 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition