Before you travel with your family pet, you should seriously consider whether you want to put your animal through the stress of being away from home. Most dogs and cats don’t like it when you’re gone, but if you can afford a pet-sitter, it might be kinder to leave them in a familiar environment. The reason is that travel can be pretty hard on animals that are used to a specific place and a certain routine. And air travel can be particularly stressful thanks to loud noises, strange people, pressure and temperature changes in the cabin, and more. That said, you might have a dog that loves to accompany the family on road trips. Or you may have no choice but to transport your furry friend to a new home across the country. So here are just a few tips to help make sure the trip is safer for everyone involved.
- Use a pet carrier. Keeping your pet contained during travel is important for a couple of reasons. First and foremost, it ensures that he doesn’t get away from you in a strange place. If he’s scared, he may bolt as soon as you open the car door. Or he might feel threatened and attack someone in a cramped, crowded airport. A carrier will prevent this. Carriers also help to keep pets safer in the event of an auto accident, preventing them from being flung about. And carriers generally make pets feel more secure when in strange locales.
- Know where to put pets. If you’re driving to your destination, it’s best to position your pet in the back seat of the car since an airbag is intended for human passengers and may harm your pet if it deploys. Also, pets can be a distraction to your driving. As for an airplane, small pet carriers that fit under the seat are often allowed (sometimes for a fee). Or you may be able to purchase a seat for a larger pet or carrier. You should never check your pet! While airlines that offer this option make sure the cargo hold is heated and pressurized, the larger issue is the conditions on the ground. Your pet may be subject to extreme outdoor temperatures while waiting to be put on the plane or unloaded. And if your furry friend is routed wrong, he could end up in a strange city without needed food, water, medication, and so on. What if a kind soul tries to give your pet water and he escapes? If you insist on taking your pet on a plane, always keep him with you.
- Plan for rest stops. Many pets are trained to eliminate waste in appropriate locales, but when you travel you need to make sure you provide them. On a long road trip this means making frequent stops, and if you’re flying, you might want to bring along disposable pee pads and materials to clean up after a pet, who may eliminate out of fear. Don’t forget to keep your pet collared, tagged, and on a leash at all times. Chipping is also a good idea. And never, never leave your pet alone in a car.
- Consider whether flying is a risk for your pet. Some pets are at greater risk when it comes to flying, particularly those with pushed-in faces (pugs, Persian cats, and so on). Talk to your vet to find out the risks to your pet before you book your flight.
- Pre-book. If you’re new to traveling with your pet, you may not realize that most hotels are not pet-friendly. If you have a service dog, that’s one thing. But most hotels will not allow the average pet to stay in your room. So plan ahead by pre-booking pet-friendly hotels, like My Second Home Pet Resort, along your route to ensure you won’t find yourself looking for appropriate accommodations when you reach your destination.
How Can Product Owner Develop Stakeholder Management Strategy?
All the organizations require a proper stakeholder management-based strategy so that the goals of the organization can be achieved most...
How To Display A Live Facebook Feed To Your WordPress Website
Around 22% of the global population uses Facebook. Such a large number of user-base suggests that Facebook truly has the...
5 Criteria of the Best WordPress Hosting to Know Before Buying
The best WordPress hosting, how to choose it? For many bloggers and website owners, there must be a question that...
Agile BI – All You Would Like To Know
The name says it all. As we talk about one of the most revolutionary approaches in the world of business...
Feeling Run Down?
We’re currently living through a difficult time for the world. Many of us are forced to remain indoors, working from...
8 Best Ways to Save Money When Shopping
If you want to save money when grocery shopping or each time you make a purchase, then you have to...
7 Travel Mistakes to Avoid
Traveling abroad requires a lot of planning and research to prepare for a trip abroad. Of course, it’s a wonderful...
5 Factors to Consider When Choosing Quality Magento Extensions for Your Online Store
It might seem that picking among three thousand available Magneto extensions is a simple and great way to extend your...
SHOP ELECTRONICS ITIEMS AT HOME COMFORT
Internet shopping can be very common and easily turn out to be a favorite choice for buying, since the items...
6 Simple Ways to Prepare Your Home for House Guests
Whether a family is coming in for the holidays or it is your turn to host this month’s book club...
How to Properly and Efficiently Optimize Your Website for SEO
In today’s crowded online world, a website that’s not optimized for SEO may as well not exist. Unless a customer...
8 Terrible Home Cleaning Mistakes You Might be Making
Knowing how to clean your home correctly is something that nobody teaches you in the formal education system. If you’re...
7 Things You Can Do To Kill Boredom During A Long Flight
Going on a vacation is one refreshing activity and a fun thing to do. Things get a little difficult when...
5 Bathroom Remodeling Tips You Must Know In 2020
The bathroom is one of the most frequently used places in the house. So, it should be most comfortable as...
Data Breaches Can Cost Over $6 Million – Can Hospitals Protect Patient Data?
It’s safe to say at this point that data breaches in the US healthcare system are quite common and are...
- Tech5 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech5 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business4 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel8 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General5 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech5 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Tech6 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Health6 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition