Some of my favorite childhood memories are from camping trips. One of the best ways to spend some quality time together is cooking around the campfire. Science may never be able to tell us why even the most everyday foods taste better while we’re out camping, but we can definitely take advantage of the fact that they do. Add a little variety to your next camping trip with these five delicious foods that are just as simple to make as hamburgers or hotdogs, but will be sure to please even the pickiest eaters.
Grilled Cheese: Unless you’re lucky enough to be camping on the Main coastline, lobster rolls aren’t likely to be a convenient sandwich option. However, America’s standby–the good ol’ grilled cheese–is both easy and achievable! These can be prepared one of three ways: with a camp frying pan, a specialized “sandwich griller” that clamps the bread together, or by wrapping the whole sandwich in tin foil and placing it on the outer edge of the coals. Either way, this is a huge kid pleaser and can be spiced up by adding some lunch meat and grilled veggies to turn them into camp paninis for the adults.
Camp Pies: Put your sandwich griller to a different use by making these delicious pies.
1. Instead of bread, fill each of the griller sides with biscuit dough (store bought is fine) and push indentations into the center of each dough slab.
2. Fill the indentations with fresh fruit, honey, and cinnamon.
3. Clamp the griller together and bury it in the coals for about ten minutes until the crust is golden brown.
After three easy steps you will have tasty, piping-hot pies that can be customized to fit any camper’s tastes. For some added variety, you can even make savory dinner pies by adding cooked burger and cheese.
Wilderness Pizza: You might think fresh pizza is but a faint memory when you’re camping (unless, of course, you have access to a celeb-status camper kitchen). Fear not, kitchen-less campers of the world, this recipe is simpler than you might think. You can use a pizza stone from home, or even a non-stick camping pan to make this camping delicacy.
1. Stretch out the uncooked dough over the pizza stone or pan and cook one side over the fire until the underside is light brown.
2. Take the half-cooked dough off the fire and flip it so the cooked side is up.
3. Top with sauce, cheese, and your choice of toppings, making sure that any meat is fully cooked before you use it as a topping
4. Put a foil “tent” over the top of the pizza before putting it back in the fire so the top will get some evenly distributed heat.
5. Cook the pizza until the bottom crust is crispy and the cheese is fully melted. Slice and enjoy!
Brownie S’mores: Tired of the same old graham cracker s’mores? Spice up your camp’s dessert by using brownies instead of graham crackers. You can either make the brownies ahead of time, or bake the brownies in a Dutch oven while you’re out there. Either way, this little substitution can easily turn into your next family tradition.
Scout Foil Bakes: Easily prepared before your camping trip and tossed into the fire for an easy first night dinner, or put together right at the campsite, these fantastic little foil packs are sure to delight.
1. Chop up some veggies. We usually do carrots, broccoli, and potatoes, but you can use anything.
2. Lightly season some raw ground beef with salt and pepper and split it up into bite-sized balls. Divide it so that each person gets about a quarter to a third pound of beef.
3. Stuff the veggies and meat into separate aluminum foil baking pouches.
4. Arrange them evenly over the coals around the center of the fire and cook until burger is fully done. Flip them after about ten minutes. You can eat them directly out of the pouches or transfer the contents onto a plate. Either way, your family will enjoy this treat.
Just because you’re camping, doesn’t mean you have to leave your favorite foods behind. Strike out, set up camp, and enjoy these five delicious foods from the comfort of the forest on your next camping adventure.
How Can Product Owner Develop Stakeholder Management Strategy?
All the organizations require a proper stakeholder management-based strategy so that the goals of the organization can be achieved most...
How To Display A Live Facebook Feed To Your WordPress Website
Around 22% of the global population uses Facebook. Such a large number of user-base suggests that Facebook truly has the...
5 Criteria of the Best WordPress Hosting to Know Before Buying
The best WordPress hosting, how to choose it? For many bloggers and website owners, there must be a question that...
Agile BI – All You Would Like To Know
The name says it all. As we talk about one of the most revolutionary approaches in the world of business...
Feeling Run Down?
We’re currently living through a difficult time for the world. Many of us are forced to remain indoors, working from...
8 Best Ways to Save Money When Shopping
If you want to save money when grocery shopping or each time you make a purchase, then you have to...
7 Travel Mistakes to Avoid
Traveling abroad requires a lot of planning and research to prepare for a trip abroad. Of course, it’s a wonderful...
5 Factors to Consider When Choosing Quality Magento Extensions for Your Online Store
It might seem that picking among three thousand available Magneto extensions is a simple and great way to extend your...
SHOP ELECTRONICS ITIEMS AT HOME COMFORT
Internet shopping can be very common and easily turn out to be a favorite choice for buying, since the items...
6 Simple Ways to Prepare Your Home for House Guests
Whether a family is coming in for the holidays or it is your turn to host this month’s book club...
How to Properly and Efficiently Optimize Your Website for SEO
In today’s crowded online world, a website that’s not optimized for SEO may as well not exist. Unless a customer...
8 Terrible Home Cleaning Mistakes You Might be Making
Knowing how to clean your home correctly is something that nobody teaches you in the formal education system. If you’re...
7 Things You Can Do To Kill Boredom During A Long Flight
Going on a vacation is one refreshing activity and a fun thing to do. Things get a little difficult when...
5 Bathroom Remodeling Tips You Must Know In 2020
The bathroom is one of the most frequently used places in the house. So, it should be most comfortable as...
Data Breaches Can Cost Over $6 Million – Can Hospitals Protect Patient Data?
It’s safe to say at this point that data breaches in the US healthcare system are quite common and are...
- Tech5 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech5 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business4 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel8 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General5 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech5 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Tech6 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Health6 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition