Embarrassed to admit how many hands of blackjack you’ve lost lately? Don’t label yourself a bad player just yet. Check out these common blackjack mistakes and learn how to avoid them and become a better player.
Image via Flickr by Erik (HASH) Hersman
A common misconception about blackjack is that it’s a game best played conservatively. While blackjack does favor conservative play, bold moves are often necessary and beneficial. Here are a few situations where bold moves are great. Try them out online at Luxury Casino Online Blackjack and practice before going to real life casinos.
- Splitting pairs – The concept of splitting pairs is nerve-raking. However, certain gameplay circumstances call for this bold move. One such example is the benefit of splitting aces and eights each time they’re played as they bring a high chance for a win and a large payout.
- Spotting a dealer’s weakness – Often, the best time to make a bold move in blackjack is when the dealer’s face up card is weak, such as a 6 or lower and your cards are mid-level such as a soft 13. This is a prime opportunity for you to make a winning hand.
Betting Based on a Whim
Image via Flickr by Javier Micora
Maybe you dreamed of a winning blackjack streak or you just had a certain lucky feeling about a specific blackjack table that, in the past, led you to play. Chances are good that whatever intuition led you to playing also led you to losing. Here’s how to avoid letting your so-called intuition rule (and destroy) your gameplay:
- Know the game – Many blackjack newbies play based solely on beginner’s luck. Unfortunately, no one clued them in on the fact that beginner’s luck isn’t an actual thing. Avoid this mistake by knowing the game before playing. Buy a book and learn the rules to play a more informed game and to increase your chances of winning.
- Use strategy –The sooner you begin viewing blackjack as a game of strategy instead of a game of ‘feel’, the sooner you’ll start winning. Know what odds are in your favor with each hand and make moves based on statistics. For example, while insurance may be beneficial under some circumstances, buying it every time is poor gameplay.
Image via Flickr by Images Money
There’s no shame in surrendering when the cards aren’t in your favor. Unfortunately, many players develop a stubborn attitude and rely more on pride than rationality when making gameplay decisions. Here are a few prime times to step down:
- Losing excessively – Only you know how much you can afford to spend at the blackjack table. If your budget is approaching its bust benchmark, step away. This decision keeps your funds in check and allows you to live to play another day.
- Knowing the odds – Hands like 15 or 16 are often the best times to surrender. Being too high to hit and too low to stand, those hands increase your chances of a loss.
Not cashing in at the blackjack bank as often as you would prefer? By learning the most common blackjack mistakes and how to overcome them, you can quickly become a better player and have more cash to show for the improvement.
Why Is Quantity Surveying Essential in Construction Industry
Quantity surveying is an essential part of the Australian construction industry. It is the process of calculating and estimating the...
How to Maintain Upholstered Furniture
No matter if you have pets or kids, maintaining your upholstered furniture is quite a challenge. Even though vacuuming it...
How Do I Find a Good Bubble.io Developer?
Finding a good bubble developer to help build your app or digital product can seem challenging. How can you choose...
When is a right time for home repairs?
Summer is a popular time for a renovation around the globe. While it is true that bright days and warm...
Top 15 Alteryx Competitors
The world has seen a tremendous rise in startups and new incorporations in the business world. Companies have great potential...
Latest Wedding Trends for 2023
If you’re planning on getting married this year, chances are you’re probably overwhelmed and confused when it comes to wedding...
Tips To Make The Most Of Your City Break In London!
London is one of the best cities in the world, known for its quintessentially British culture, great nightlife, fantastic museums...
The Ultimate Guide To Packing For A Trip To London
London is one of the best cities in the world, known for it’s rich history, quintessentially British culture, the best...
Top 15 Web Development IDEs
The web development field has seen sustainable growth throughout the years. As technology is advancing, so is the web development...
12 Key DevOps Programming Languages to Still Popular in 2022
“DevOps is not a goal, but a never-ending process of continual improvement.” – Jez Humble Delivering the finest of services...
Festival Fashion Style Tips For 2022
Summer is well and truly here and with that comes the festival season! From the biggest stars performing on stage...
4 Tips For Making Your Wardrobe More Sustainable
Everyone is trying to make more of an effort to make their wardrobe more sustainable, but often are unsure where...
7 tips on how to organize a budget-friendly move
If you are planning a move any time soon, you might be worried about all the expenses that wait for...
Metal Roof Colors: How to Select the Best Color for a New Roof
Choosing the right type of material for your roof is enough of a hassle already that the question of choosing...
Simple Ways To Feel More Confident At The Gym
If you are new to the gym, or you haven’t been in a while, sometimes you might not feel completely...
Tech7 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech7 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business7 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Business3 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Travel10 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
General7 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
Tech8 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
Tech7 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists