In 2013, it was recorded that 109 cyclists were killed on Britain’s roads, as well as a total of 19,438 people injured, and these figures only include claims that were brought forward to the police, many casualties do not report their accident to the police, despite some being seriously injured. The statistics of cyclist casualties are continuing to increase annually, especially with the increased amount of people now commuting to work on a bicycle.
Advice for Drivers:
- Always remember to check for cyclists before you open your car door, as cyclists are not always easily visible.
- Always give cyclists plenty of space when over-taking them, it is suggested that you leave as much room as you would if you were over-taking a car. If you feel that there is not enough time or space to overtake, then hold back and wait.
- Always signal as early as possible, so you give the cyclist plenty of warning of what your driving intentions are going to be, therefore they have the necessary amount of time to react.
- If you can, make sure you have eye-to-eye contact with cyclists whenever possible to make sure you are both mutually aware of one another’s road space.
Advice for Cyclists:
- Try and avoid cycling on the inside of LGV/HGV vehicles, where you might not be easily seen. Remember to always make eye contact with drivers where you can – they can’t see you if you can’t seem them.
- Make sure you leave enough of a gap between yourself and the kerb when cycling, especially in poor weather conditions.
- Always try and wear reflective clothing when cycling, despite of the weather conditions. All reflective accessories will increase your visibility. Don’t forget your helmet and lights too!
- Re-think music players and mobile phones because it’s more important to hear what’s going on around you when you’re biking, especially on the road. If you do have t cycle with headphones in then try putting on a playlist before you head off, so you have both hands free during the ride in case you have to brake suddenly.
Together we can lower the statistic! If you own a fleet of vehicles why not be proactive today and start managing occupational road risk. All road users are responsible for road safety; therefore, it is important that everyone understands that they have a role to play in making the roads a safer place for everyone.
Do you have anymore cycle safety tips for both drivers and cyclists?
How to Combine Traditional and Modern Furniture With Style
Are you in love with both traditional and modern furniture styles? Do you feel like you can’t decide between those...
How to Organize Your Garage
Do you have so much stuff in your garage, your car is left out in the cold? Keep reading. Your...
Tips On Preventing Accidents In The Workplace and Keep Your Employees Safe
Preventing accidents in the workplace is both the moral and ethical responsibility of every employer. Knowing that there’s a safety...
4 Surprising Ways SaaS Can Be A Game Changer For Small Business
The World Wide Web will never run out of tips and strategies on how to grow your business. These days,...
Understanding SaaS, PaaS, IaaS Prior to Selecting One For Your Business
Summary: Cloud Computing is rising at a faster pace, and it’s crucially important for organizations to move to the Cloud...
5 Tips to Avoid Federal Tax Penalty For Taxpayers
When you are undergoing a tax issue, then it is vital to have knowledge of what are you up against...
Spy App For Android A Tool For Keeping Workplace
Dealing with routine matters has been a lot easier and stress-free thanks to modern technology. Want to order food, use...
How to Create A Backyard Zen Oasis
The lifestyle of the modern era usually depletes one’s energy by the time they get home from work. Whether or...
Mistakes You Need to Avoid When Preparing Your CV
Writing a CV can be hard. You have to somehow condense all your experience into 1 or 2 A4 pages....
Home Decor Trends For 2021: What You Can Expect
This year, the Covid pandemic has had a huge impact on many different industries and sectors and one which has...
5 Ways to Protect Your Teeth This Christmas
Christmas is just around the corner and the preparations are well underway for the festive day, even if it is...
How to Create A Referral Marketing Program In 6 Easy Steps
You may have heard of the benefits of a referral program. Besides helping you attract more traffic to your website,...
5 Important Web Design Considerations to Make For Better SEO
Ever since the birth of search engines, practices in optimising websites for better search rankings have changed considerably. Where it...
4 Reasons For Your Teeth Becoming Sensitive
Having sensitive teeth can be a common issue for many, but it can also be a sign that you have...
How To Keep Your Business Clean & Sanitised
If your business offers any kind of public-facing services, then you will likely be thinking a lot more about the...
- Tech6 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech6 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business5 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel9 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General6 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech7 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Tech6 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Health7 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition