In 2013, it was recorded that 109 cyclists were killed on Britain’s roads, as well as a total of 19,438 people injured, and these figures only include claims that were brought forward to the police, many casualties do not report their accident to the police, despite some being seriously injured. The statistics of cyclist casualties are continuing to increase annually, especially with the increased amount of people now commuting to work on a bicycle.
Advice for Drivers:
- Always remember to check for cyclists before you open your car door, as cyclists are not always easily visible.
- Always give cyclists plenty of space when over-taking them, it is suggested that you leave as much room as you would if you were over-taking a car. If you feel that there is not enough time or space to overtake, then hold back and wait.
- Always signal as early as possible, so you give the cyclist plenty of warning of what your driving intentions are going to be, therefore they have the necessary amount of time to react.
- If you can, make sure you have eye-to-eye contact with cyclists whenever possible to make sure you are both mutually aware of one another’s road space.
Advice for Cyclists:
- Try and avoid cycling on the inside of LGV/HGV vehicles, where you might not be easily seen. Remember to always make eye contact with drivers where you can – they can’t see you if you can’t seem them.
- Make sure you leave enough of a gap between yourself and the kerb when cycling, especially in poor weather conditions.
- Always try and wear reflective clothing when cycling, despite of the weather conditions. All reflective accessories will increase your visibility. Don’t forget your helmet and lights too!
- Re-think music players and mobile phones because it’s more important to hear what’s going on around you when you’re biking, especially on the road. If you do have t cycle with headphones in then try putting on a playlist before you head off, so you have both hands free during the ride in case you have to brake suddenly.
Together we can lower the statistic! If you own a fleet of vehicles why not be proactive today and start managing occupational road risk. All road users are responsible for road safety; therefore, it is important that everyone understands that they have a role to play in making the roads a safer place for everyone.
Do you have anymore cycle safety tips for both drivers and cyclists?
Sparks and Smoke: 6 Signs Your House Needs Rewiring
If you bought an existing home, it’s likely the wiring was done a long time ago. Over the last few...
Master Mechanic: How to Learn More About Your Vehicle
Driving a vehicle on a regular basis is one thing. Understanding how it works, however, is a whole other ball...
Tips to choose packers and movers to help move your office space
Numerous moving companies in India help make your move to any city as smooth as possible. They offer quality and...
Enjoy Responsibly: The Safest Methods for Using Cannabis
As cannabis is becoming more and more legalized across the nation, people are becoming more curious about its uses. With...
Tips on finding moving companies in Toronto providing comfortable moving services
Moving to an interstate location shall be stressful, especially if you are about to relocate on your own. Hiring professional...
Choosing the Right Tail Lights for Your Car or Bike
If you need new tail lights for your car or bike, you’ll want to take several factors into consideration so...
End of lease cleaning in Melbourne – Move in and Move out easily
If you are a tenant, you are sure to be aware of the fact that you get to move into...
Tips in finding a trustworthy removalists team in Sydney
Relocating to a newly rented or leased house space can be a tedious and time-consuming process to perform on your...
4 Fashion Additions to Complete Your Outfit
A wonderful outfit can make you appear and feel like someone who can conquer the world without even breaking a...
How to Go about Selling an Old Car for Parts
Selling an old car for parts is easier than most people realize, and your junker could be worth quite a...
4 Things to Consider Before Choosing a Feed Tank for Your Manufacturing
In every day manufacturing you may find that you need a feed tank for your operation. Selecting the right feed...
How to Find a Phone that Fits your Needs
Are you looking to buy a phone that may suit your needs without poking a hole in your wallet? You...
Elegant Dinner: 4 Ways to Fancify Your Next Get-Together
Throwing a social gathering in the comfort of your own home can be a joy. If you want your upcoming...
5 Issues You May Face in the Aftermath of an Auto Accident
Being involved in a motor vehicle accident is something we all would like to avoid. However, no matter how safe...
5 Ways Guest Posting Can Help Grow Your Online Audience
Guest blogging is the process of posting your original content on someone else’s website. This might seem like a counterproductive...
- Tech4 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech4 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business4 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel7 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General4 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech4 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Tech5 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Health6 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition