In 2013, it was recorded that 109 cyclists were killed on Britain’s roads, as well as a total of 19,438 people injured, and these figures only include claims that were brought forward to the police, many casualties do not report their accident to the police, despite some being seriously injured. The statistics of cyclist casualties are continuing to increase annually, especially with the increased amount of people now commuting to work on a bicycle.
Advice for Drivers:
- Always remember to check for cyclists before you open your car door, as cyclists are not always easily visible.
- Always give cyclists plenty of space when over-taking them, it is suggested that you leave as much room as you would if you were over-taking a car. If you feel that there is not enough time or space to overtake, then hold back and wait.
- Always signal as early as possible, so you give the cyclist plenty of warning of what your driving intentions are going to be, therefore they have the necessary amount of time to react.
- If you can, make sure you have eye-to-eye contact with cyclists whenever possible to make sure you are both mutually aware of one another’s road space.
Advice for Cyclists:
- Try and avoid cycling on the inside of LGV/HGV vehicles, where you might not be easily seen. Remember to always make eye contact with drivers where you can – they can’t see you if you can’t seem them.
- Make sure you leave enough of a gap between yourself and the kerb when cycling, especially in poor weather conditions.
- Always try and wear reflective clothing when cycling, despite of the weather conditions. All reflective accessories will increase your visibility. Don’t forget your helmet and lights too!
- Re-think music players and mobile phones because it’s more important to hear what’s going on around you when you’re biking, especially on the road. If you do have t cycle with headphones in then try putting on a playlist before you head off, so you have both hands free during the ride in case you have to brake suddenly.
Together we can lower the statistic! If you own a fleet of vehicles why not be proactive today and start managing occupational road risk. All road users are responsible for road safety; therefore, it is important that everyone understands that they have a role to play in making the roads a safer place for everyone.
Do you have anymore cycle safety tips for both drivers and cyclists?
4 Reasons to Replace Your Car’s Engine With Performance Parts
Performance parts are the best kind of upgrades you can make to a car. Performance cars have a higher price...
Maximum Power: Update Your Old House For Modern Electrical Needs
An outdated electrical system can wreak havoc on your energy bills and greatly increase your risk of structural damage. If...
Key Techniques To Learn On A First Aid Course
Introduction First aid training is an incredible qualification that can enable one to offer life saving assistance in an emergency....
Best Tips For Managing Your Building and Construction Projects
Building and construction projects consist of many tasks, from job-site duties to office paperwork. Juggling it all can oftentimes be...
How To Choose The Best Locksmith For The Job
The existence of a locksmith is very crucial for society because they help out countless people on a daily basis....
5 Modern Conservatory Ideas To Create A Serene Escape
Having a serene and relaxing conservatory is the dream, especially in the summer months. Creating an extension of your home...
4 Different Types Of Lifting Equipment For A Construction Site
One of the biggest challenges on a construction site is the problem of lifting heavy materials and tools to a...
5 Tips That Can Help Your Business Flourish
Many, both small and big, businesses were affected by the outbreak of the novel coronavirus, no one was spared. Overnight,...
Why First Aid Training Is Essential For Your Business
Introduction All employers, depending on the establishment, should organize and provide basic appropriate conditions for lunch breaks as well as...
Are You Covered? Tips For Finding Affordable Health Insurance For Your Whole Family
If you are in the market for health insurance, you may be overwhelmed by the many different features and the...
How to Prevent Potential Hazards In A Lab
Unfortunately, lab accidents can happen. When they do, the consequences can be very serious. Some of the most common lab...
How to Extend Your UK Spouse Visa
The UK spouse visa is also known as a UK marriage visa. The UK spouse visa allows married partners of...
How Best Is Automation Helping The Retail Industry to Survive?
“In the post Covid-19 world, the only place cos are willing to invest is in automation. The return on investment...
Best Artificial Intelligence Trends to Watch Out In 2021
Technologies are getting advanced day by day, and according to that, the developers and the mobile app development companies should...
Keeping Your Assets Safe — Crypto Insurance May Soon Become The Norm
Many people all over the world have compared the cryptocurrency market to the wild West, largely because of the fact...
Tech6 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech6 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business6 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Travel9 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
General6 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
Tech7 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
Tech6 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
Health7 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition