Top Cycle Safety Tips
In 2013, it was recorded that 109 cyclists were killed on Britain’s roads, as well as a total of 19,438 people injured, and these figures only include claims that were brought forward to the police, many casualties do not report their accident to the police, despite some being seriously injured. The statistics of cyclist casualties are continuing to increase annually, especially with the increased amount of people now commuting to work on a bicycle.
Advice for Drivers:
- Always remember to check for cyclists before you open your car door, as cyclists are not always easily visible.
- Always give cyclists plenty of space when over-taking them, it is suggested that you leave as much room as you would if you were over-taking a car. If you feel that there is not enough time or space to overtake, then hold back and wait.
- Always signal as early as possible, so you give the cyclist plenty of warning of what your driving intentions are going to be, therefore they have the necessary amount of time to react.
- If you can, make sure you have eye-to-eye contact with cyclists whenever possible to make sure you are both mutually aware of one another’s road space.
Advice for Cyclists:
- Try and avoid cycling on the inside of LGV/HGV vehicles, where you might not be easily seen. Remember to always make eye contact with drivers where you can – they can’t see you if you can’t seem them.
- Make sure you leave enough of a gap between yourself and the kerb when cycling, especially in poor weather conditions.
- Always try and wear reflective clothing when cycling, despite of the weather conditions. All reflective accessories will increase your visibility. Don’t forget your helmet and lights too!
- Re-think music players and mobile phones because it’s more important to hear what’s going on around you when you’re biking, especially on the road. If you do have t cycle with headphones in then try putting on a playlist before you head off, so you have both hands free during the ride in case you have to brake suddenly.
Together we can lower the statistic! If you own a fleet of vehicles why not be proactive today and start managing occupational road risk. All road users are responsible for road safety; therefore, it is important that everyone understands that they have a role to play in making the roads a safer place for everyone.
Do you have anymore cycle safety tips for both drivers and cyclists?
In a Car Accident? Here’s How to Find a Great Lawyer
If you’ve recently been in a car accident, you know that it can be an overwhelming experience. Not only do...
Considering Therapy? Here’s a Few Common Therapy Techniques Explained
If you’re considering therapy as a means to improve your mental health, you may be curious about the type of...
Top 5 Home Repairs You Should Never DIY
DIY home repairs are all the rage these days. But before you jump on the bandwagon, there are some things...
The Power of CBD Oil for Relaxation: How to Use it for Sleep and Stress Relief
If you’re struggling to get a good night’s sleep or feeling stressed, try CBD oil. CBD oil has a moment...
Benefits of Getting your Mobile Phone Repair
Mobile phone repair is a task that needs high skills and experience. That is why we always recommend users trust...
Great Ways To Clean To Get Your Security Deposit Back In Full
Moving is almost always stressful as there are tons of things to plan and do. Getting your security deposit back...
DIY Garage Door Repair: Tips and Tricks for Fixing Common Problems and Maintaining Your System
If your garage door needs to be fixed, wait to call a repairer. Many common problems can be fixed quickly...
7 Tips to Choosing the Right University for You
Are you considering continuing your education at university? If so, it can be overwhelming to decide which school is right...
3 Ways Loans from Credit Unions Are Different From Major Banks
If you’re in the loan market, you may wonder if a credit union is the right choice. Here are three...
The World of Coffee: Exploring the Aromas, Flavors, and Benefits of the World’s Most Popular Beverage
Coffee is one of the world’s most popular beverages, enjoyed by people of all ages and backgrounds. It’s also one...
New Driver? 5 Things to Consider When Looking for Driving School
When it comes to choosing a driving school, there are many factors to consider. Not all driving schools are created...
Landscape Irrigation Systems: The Basics
If you’re a homeowner, you know that keeping your lawn and landscaping looking nice can be a lot of work....
5 Things to Look for in Luxury Hotels
When it comes to luxury hotels, there is a lot to look out for. Here are five key things that...
Is There a Difference Between Commercial and Residential Concrete?
If you’re a contractor, you know that concrete is a versatile construction material. But did you know that there are...
5 Tips to Find the Right Litigation Firm
When it comes to selecting the right litigation firm for your legal needs, choosing wisely is of utmost importance. It’s...
Tech8 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech8 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business3 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Business7 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Law2 years ago
How Can A Divorce Lawyer Help You Get Through Divorce?
Tech5 years ago
When To Send Your Bulk Messages?
Travel11 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
Tech2 years ago
5 Link Building Strategies You Can Apply For Local SEO