In 2013, it was recorded that 109 cyclists were killed on Britain’s roads, as well as a total of 19,438 people injured, and these figures only include claims that were brought forward to the police, many casualties do not report their accident to the police, despite some being seriously injured. The statistics of cyclist casualties are continuing to increase annually, especially with the increased amount of people now commuting to work on a bicycle.
Advice for Drivers:
- Always remember to check for cyclists before you open your car door, as cyclists are not always easily visible.
- Always give cyclists plenty of space when over-taking them, it is suggested that you leave as much room as you would if you were over-taking a car. If you feel that there is not enough time or space to overtake, then hold back and wait.
- Always signal as early as possible, so you give the cyclist plenty of warning of what your driving intentions are going to be, therefore they have the necessary amount of time to react.
- If you can, make sure you have eye-to-eye contact with cyclists whenever possible to make sure you are both mutually aware of one another’s road space.
Advice for Cyclists:
- Try and avoid cycling on the inside of LGV/HGV vehicles, where you might not be easily seen. Remember to always make eye contact with drivers where you can – they can’t see you if you can’t seem them.
- Make sure you leave enough of a gap between yourself and the kerb when cycling, especially in poor weather conditions.
- Always try and wear reflective clothing when cycling, despite of the weather conditions. All reflective accessories will increase your visibility. Don’t forget your helmet and lights too!
- Re-think music players and mobile phones because it’s more important to hear what’s going on around you when you’re biking, especially on the road. If you do have t cycle with headphones in then try putting on a playlist before you head off, so you have both hands free during the ride in case you have to brake suddenly.
Together we can lower the statistic! If you own a fleet of vehicles why not be proactive today and start managing occupational road risk. All road users are responsible for road safety; therefore, it is important that everyone understands that they have a role to play in making the roads a safer place for everyone.
Do you have anymore cycle safety tips for both drivers and cyclists?
Conveyor Belt Systems: 6 Ways to Improve Efficiency
You might think that conveyor belt systems cannot be improved because of the simplicity of their design. After all, how...
3D Rendering Terminology: Guide For Architects to Communicate With CG Artists
When chipping away at a building representation project, a modeler and a 3D delivering worker for hire need to see...
Learn and Become A Professional DevOps Engineer!
Have you been having a tough time deciding what you want to do when you grow up? Once your school...
Debunking The Common Myths About Cosmetic Surgery
Just a few years back, plastic surgery was thought to be some kind of sorcery or something that existed in...
How to Choose The Right Type Of Flooring For Your New Home
Building a house from scratch can be a tedious and stressful process even though you know you are doing something...
3 Ways To Style An Oversized White Shirt This Summer
If there is one staple item you need ready for your summer wardrobe, it’s an oversized white shirt. They are...
5 Tips For Picking The Perfect Wedding Ring
Your big day is coming up for your wedding day and you set the standards too high with your engagement...
What’s That Thing Called? All You Need to Know About Your Car’s Lift Struts
Imagine you’re out for grocery shopping or a weekend outing with family, and you need to load your shopping or...
10 Places to Explore In Ahmedabad Gujarat India
In the state of Gujarat Ahmedabad or Ahmedabad is a significant region and one of the very prominent city areas...
Men’s Top Fashion Trends To Be Following Spring/Summer 2021
With us all being in lockdown on and off for a year, people are starting to get excited for the...
Find Blog Post Ideas Using Google Keyword Planner
Being a successful blogger means that you have to create captivating and original content that will be helpful to your...
Best Vegan Egg Alternatives For Baking
In recent years there has been a dramatic increase in veganism due to its numerous health benefits. People are much...
7 Smart Storage Solutions For A Small Bathroom
A small bathroom can be such a nuisance. You never have the space you need and everything seems to be...
What Are The Better Ways Of Building Data Lakes? : The Right Way Is Critical
The pattern is the main period that each enterprise needs to be conscious of if they need to generate greater...
Everything You Need to Think About Before The Road Trip
Road trips are perhaps the most flexible vacation format: they can be as long or fast, intense or relaxed, planned...
- Tech6 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech6 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business5 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel9 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General6 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech7 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Tech6 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Health7 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition