If the desire is to be to a hill station in South India, then it definitely has to be Ooty, which is an abbreviation for Udhagamandalam. This picturesque, beautiful hill town is frequented by tourists of all ages and types throughout the year. It is Nilgiris districts, district capital. Tourism is stated to be the main draw here, besides agriculture.
The tourism industry here is budding, offering the tourists with numerous sightseeing places and exciting activities to indulge in. It is also quite close to several cities like Chennai, Mysore, Coimbatore, Bangalore, Erode, Madurai, Salem, etc. There is easy availability of road transportation of all types to reach the place without any inconvenience.
Some Popular Places to Visit in Ooty
Ooty tourism packages from Coimbatore does offer the tourists with an opportunity to explore the place and its surroundings. Few places that do make at the top of the list are as follows:
- Botanical Garden: It was Marquis of Tweedale, who in 1847 had inaugurated this park. This garden does draw tourists in huge numbers due to the presence of variety of flora. It includes different types of flower and tree species that are considered to be the garden’s main highlights.
- Nilgiri Mountain Railway: It is a vintage toy train that connects Mettupalayam to Ooty. This train is said to pass through the lush green forests, short and long tunnels, mountains, etc. and one of the major attractions of this place.
- Upper Bhavani Lake: It is a scenic lake that is found among lush green forest. It offers the tourists with a natural experience. One can visit the Bhavani Amman Temple located here.
- Sim’s Park: It was in 1874 that Major Murray and J.D. Sims had developed this park. It is located within a deep ravine in Coonoor. This park boasts of having a beautiful landscape and one can enjoy the vegetable and fruit show that is held here.
- Doddabetta Peak: It is a hill top that offers the tourists with the panoramic view of the city of Ooty. This place is indeed worth the visit and a great one to unwind and relax.
- Wenlock Downs: It is also called popularly as Shooting Point. This is actually a vast meadow located along Ooty-Pykara road. It is a fabulous place for holding picnics and to take walks to explore nature at its very best. Horse riding is also popular here.
- Pykara Falls & Pykara Lake: This picturesque lake offers the tourists with boating facilities. The falls comprises of several small waterfalls that joins together and forms the great Pykara Falls.
- Emerald Lake: It is a scenic lake that is located within the upper plateau. One can find company in ducks and birds here. This place is quite ideal to have family outing and picnics.
- Mudumalai National Park: The word Mudumalai stands for ‘first hills’. It is among the country’s initial wildlife sanctuaries to be developed. Here, the tourists can spot several endangered species such as the Indian White rumped Vulture, Indian Leopards, the Chital and long billed vulture. This sanctuary is a declared Tiger Reserve.
The above are the must visit places in Ooty.
Best Places To Visit In The North Of England
If you live in England, you will know there are many different places to visit for the weekend. There are...
Green Home Improvement Ideas
In a world where environmental concerns are growing, the concept of “green” has gone beyond a trendy catchphrase and is...
How to Host an Unforgettable House-Warming!
The time has finally come. You have moved into your dream pad, and are officially adulting in your very own...
A Guide to Parking Lot Striping
The journey to a well-striped parking lot begins with the right paint. In this brief guide, we’ll unravel the mystery...
Business Tips For Protecting Your Finances During A Recession
In 2023, taking the necessary steps to protect your finances for your business is now more important than ever. The...
Tips For Cleaning Your Trainers
If you’re into your trainers and streetwear, you’re likely to be very conscious of keeping them looking their best! So,...
Branding Trends For Start-Ups in 2023
Branding is incredibly important as it impacts how your business reaches and connects with its target market. If you’re branding...
Avoiding the Wrong Kind of Growth
Growth is vital for any business – some models, like tech start-ups, are built around periods of dramatic, explosive growth...
How To Become A Property Developer
There are several reasons why an individual will want to become a property developer. One of the main reasons for...
What Is The Difference Between Cyber Attacks and Cyber Threats?
If you own a business that uses the cloud to manage workloads, you have probably heard of the terms cyberattack...
3 Types of Marketing Every Small Construction Business Should Do
Construction is a very saturated sector, whether you’re a large or small construction company, so marketing should be at the...
How Relevant Life Insurance Plans Can Future-Proof Your Business
Last year, UK inflation reached the highest level that it had been for decades. The markets became unsteady and nervous...
In a Car Accident? Here’s How to Find a Great Lawyer
If you’ve recently been in a car accident, you know that it can be an overwhelming experience. Not only do...
Considering Therapy? Here’s a Few Common Therapy Techniques Explained
If you’re considering therapy as a means to improve your mental health, you may be curious about the type of...
Top 5 Home Repairs You Should Never DIY
DIY home repairs are all the rage these days. But before you jump on the bandwagon, there are some things...
Tech9 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech9 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business4 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Business8 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Law3 years ago
How Can A Divorce Lawyer Help You Get Through Divorce?
Tech6 years ago
When To Send Your Bulk Messages?
Tech3 years ago
5 Link Building Strategies You Can Apply For Local SEO
Travel11 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat