When the word Norway comes on mind the first thing we picture is the Aurora lights, large chunk of glaciers, and expensive accommodation. It is somewhat true that the Kingdom of Norway has a higher cost of living than its neighboring countries, thus providing excellent public service to its 4,200,000 inhabitants. There are many things to do once in Norway especially numerous free activities such as hiking and skiing at the Jotunheimen National Park, explore the famous Fjord in Alesund, witness the magical Northern Lights in Tromso the largest city in Norway, and get a laid-back feel in Oslo for a day or two wandering from one museum to another and top your day going to live bars the most populated city of the country.
Tips on what to bring in Norway
If visiting Norway for a business trip or backpacking alone, here’s an important reminder on what to prepare before heading to Norway.
- Clothing and Luggage- Keep yourself warm by bringing layered wardrobes with you. Pack a comfortable walking shoes as well or a pair of hiking boots. If you can’t really travel light and excess luggage would cost you more than our air fare, the smart way to send your parcel to Norway is thru Courierpoint. It is a shipping company that serves international clients which offer competitive rates and prompt when it comes to your request.
- Download a translator app if you can’t buy a Norwegian dictionary with you, at least.
- Budget- Be sure to have extra-money with you for everything in the Kingdom of Norway is expensive- food and accommodation but the attractions and must-see’s are free or definitely cheap.
Do’s and Don’ts when in Norway
- Do know a little of their language; greet your new friend a simple “hei” for hello. Learn to say “Takk” for a thank you, “Ja” for a yes and “Jo” for a no.
- Do understand that if a Norwegian repeats your last word such as please, back to you, welcome, and thank you; they are only trying to confirm what you are asking or it is their way of getting your attention.
- Travel light- it will make you think less and away from stress of losing anything. Yet, if spending the Norway getaway with the whole family and if you are staying in a really nice hotel’ you can pack as much as you can. Feel free to use courier services to send your parcel to Norway.
- Do keep calm and leave any negative vibes behind. This is the most commonly shared virtue in Norway.
- Unlike other European countries that bring children in meetings, Norwegians don’t especially in cafes at night for it is considered to be a child abuse.
- Do not say the word please or sorry too much. Norwegians are always paying their attention to someone who is talking.
Over all, despite the large budget that you need to shell out for the accommodation and food and transportation, visiting Norway is a life changer! And the memories that you will bring home is priceless.
How to Combine Traditional and Modern Furniture With Style
Are you in love with both traditional and modern furniture styles? Do you feel like you can’t decide between those...
How to Organize Your Garage
Do you have so much stuff in your garage, your car is left out in the cold? Keep reading. Your...
Tips On Preventing Accidents In The Workplace and Keep Your Employees Safe
Preventing accidents in the workplace is both the moral and ethical responsibility of every employer. Knowing that there’s a safety...
4 Surprising Ways SaaS Can Be A Game Changer For Small Business
The World Wide Web will never run out of tips and strategies on how to grow your business. These days,...
Understanding SaaS, PaaS, IaaS Prior to Selecting One For Your Business
Summary: Cloud Computing is rising at a faster pace, and it’s crucially important for organizations to move to the Cloud...
5 Tips to Avoid Federal Tax Penalty For Taxpayers
When you are undergoing a tax issue, then it is vital to have knowledge of what are you up against...
Spy App For Android A Tool For Keeping Workplace
Dealing with routine matters has been a lot easier and stress-free thanks to modern technology. Want to order food, use...
How to Create A Backyard Zen Oasis
The lifestyle of the modern era usually depletes one’s energy by the time they get home from work. Whether or...
Mistakes You Need to Avoid When Preparing Your CV
Writing a CV can be hard. You have to somehow condense all your experience into 1 or 2 A4 pages....
Home Decor Trends For 2021: What You Can Expect
This year, the Covid pandemic has had a huge impact on many different industries and sectors and one which has...
5 Ways to Protect Your Teeth This Christmas
Christmas is just around the corner and the preparations are well underway for the festive day, even if it is...
How to Create A Referral Marketing Program In 6 Easy Steps
You may have heard of the benefits of a referral program. Besides helping you attract more traffic to your website,...
5 Important Web Design Considerations to Make For Better SEO
Ever since the birth of search engines, practices in optimising websites for better search rankings have changed considerably. Where it...
4 Reasons For Your Teeth Becoming Sensitive
Having sensitive teeth can be a common issue for many, but it can also be a sign that you have...
How To Keep Your Business Clean & Sanitised
If your business offers any kind of public-facing services, then you will likely be thinking a lot more about the...
- Tech6 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech6 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business5 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel9 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General6 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech7 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Tech6 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Health7 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition