The winter season can be rough on your car, and because of this it is extremely important to prepare your vehicle for the harsh weather. Especially during the months of December and January, there can be some very dangerous conditions that you should anticipate and prepare for to ensure your safety. Cold winds, rain and snow are very taxing on the endurance of a vehicle, but do not fret. Take a look at these tips to help you survive those cold winter months problem-free.
1. Since cold weather can be very draining for your car battery, make sure it gets checked to ensure that it is performing correctly. Nothing is worse than being stuck somewhere in the cold with a car that won’t start, especially in rural areas. It might be a good idea to buy a battery charger just to have in your vehicle for emergency situations.
2. Tires are the second most important parts to look at. Especially if you live somewhere that has potential for a lot of icy roads, you will want to make sure that your tire pressure and thread depth are top notch. Being able to rely on your tires is a big deal, and during the harsher winter conditions it can be much more hazardous to you and other drivers if your tires are unreliable.
3. Having a solid, functioning pair of breaks is another thing to look for before the weather turns too cold outside. Wet and icy roads require much more caution to drive on, and you may need to stop suddenly at unexpected times. Good breaks on your car may reduce skidding and sliding, but you still need to drive very carefully.
4. Much like other times of the year, preparing your car for winter should also include getting an oil change if needed. This contributes to the overall well being of your vehicle while preparing for winter. Along with this, be sure to look at your oil filter as well. Having bad oil during the cold season can present the potential for serious issues.
5. Allow some time to test out the windshield wipers, heating system and defrosting features of your car. These are also very important to take note of, and because of the low temperatures and precipitation you will want to know you have all of these functions working properly to guarantee you will travel safely.
6. Headlights and break lights are without a doubt used more often during the winter. Not only are the days much shorter, but also nasty storm weather can really darken the streets of any city or town. The lights on your car are one of the most important ways of communicating to other drivers that you are out there. Sometimes the weather can be so thick that your headlights are the only indicator that you are on the road. When testing your lights, have someone stand at the back of your vehicle to tell you if your break lights are functioning properly.
7. If it has been a couple years since you last tended to your anti-freeze system, it’s essential to do a thorough flushing of that system. After it’s been cleaned out, add new anti-freeze and you should be good to go.
8. If you have a feeling that something is off with your car, but you don’t know what, it may be wise to take it into the auto repair shop for a tune up and check-up. This may end up saving you both time and money in the long run, and it is always best to prepare for the worst when it comes to driving in the winter season.
Written by Marc Laferierre, owner of Dents Unlimited. Dents Unlimited is a full service auto repair shop in Columbia, MO
4 Most Efficient Drainage Systems for Flat Roofs
The matter of drainage is the essential function of your roof. In fact, the very shape of a roof (a...
Google Algorithm Updates to Expect by The End Of 2021
Google’s algorithm updates tend to come with a lot of uncertainty and questions, and getting ahead of them is the...
Cozy Home Office Setup Tips For 2021
Whether you work from home or have set out a place for something you like such as crafting, studying, or...
Garden Party Ideas For Everyone
No one can make “a perfect’’ garden party, but we are all able to throw an amazing one. Of course,...
How To Find Low Competition Long Tail Keywords Using Free Tools
Keywords are the most fundamental and highest ROI activity when it comes to SEM and SEO. Having the right keywords,...
Top Tips For Healthy Family Meals On A Budget
A healthy diet is not very difficult to follow since there is a lot of information available on the Internet...
Tips For Your Morning Skincare Routine
Keeping your skin healthy can come down to numerous things. A healthy diet will be a good start in keeping...
How to Make SEO Work For You and Your Business
The world of search engine optimization has changed a lot, but certain fundamental principles like focusing on target keywords to...
How to Increase Your Vegetable Garden Yield This Year
If you are going thru the effort of planning, planting, caring, and growing your plants, you naturally want to get...
Why Families Benefit From A Family Dentist When Dealing With Oral Health Issues
Oral Health issues can be a source of conflict and stress in families, especially in families with young children. Not...
What Type Of SEO Is Effective?
Every business knows that it takes a huge amount of time and money to maintain a website. However, no one...
4 Reasons to Replace Your Car’s Engine With Performance Parts
Performance parts are the best kind of upgrades you can make to a car. Performance cars have a higher price...
Maximum Power: Update Your Old House For Modern Electrical Needs
An outdated electrical system can wreak havoc on your energy bills and greatly increase your risk of structural damage. If...
Key Techniques To Learn On A First Aid Course
Introduction First aid training is an incredible qualification that can enable one to offer life saving assistance in an emergency....
Best Tips For Managing Your Building and Construction Projects
Building and construction projects consist of many tasks, from job-site duties to office paperwork. Juggling it all can oftentimes be...
Tech6 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech6 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business6 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Travel9 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
General6 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
Tech7 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
Tech6 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
Health8 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition