A chemical peel is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure that resurfaces the skin to give it a refreshed, soft and smooth appearance. It works by using chemicals to remove any dead skin cells, which encourages new cells to grow. The procedure has become increasingly popular in the last few years, so let’s have a look at some of the pro’s and con’s to help you decide whether this is the right treatment for you.
- Fast Procedure – chemical peels only last between 30 and 90 minutes, with recovery only taking between two and three weeks. Compared to surgical procedures, the time it takes to see healed results is far less.
- Improve Skin Appearance – this procedure can help to improve the tone and texture of the skin as it has the ability to stimulate cell growth, reduce discoloration and reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Different Options – there are plenty of different options when it comes to a chemical peel. Your doctor will carefully consider the best options for you individually and consequently choose the appropriate chemicals for your skin type. The best doctors provide a personalised service to get the best results.
- Unpleasant Peeling – after your treatment, your skin will begin to peel and this can last for around 5 days. It’s really important not to peel off the skin before it comes off itself as this can result in dry or raw skin that could cause permanent damage. Having skin hanging from your face can be uncomfortable, so prepare for this before the treatment.
- Cost – depending on the type of peel you have, prices start at around a few hundred pounds and can go all the way up to around £5000. This is something you’d need to discuss with your doctor in order to get an accurate price, but a substantial financial investment is usually required.
- Side Effects – as with every cosmetic procedure, there are risks. If the treatment is not carried out by a professional, the potential for scarring, irritation, swelling and changes in pigmentation is increased dramatically. Sometimes things don’t go quite to plan regardless of where you go, but spending more money to get the treatment done properly is your best option.
Chemical peels are a great alternative to surgical skin treatments, but like any procedure, it comes with risk. If you are in need of more information, contact a professional in plastic surgery Manchester-based in order to access the best advice and treatment options for you.
3 Of The Best Foods and Drinks To Aid Your Sleep
Getting a good night’s sleep is hugely important for your overall health and wellbeing. Studies have shown that having a...
Why You Should Consider Volunteering
Volunteering has many benefits both to you, your community, and your CV. Whether you do it alone, or with a...
Investigating The Important Factors In Legal Software Testing
Fulfilling the digital transformation objectives with QA testing services has become an important phase for all industry verticals. Today, every...
Multiply Your Magento Store’s Sales With Affiliate Program
Are you struggling to boost your sales and expand your customer base due to the significant increase in marketing expenses?...
How COVID-19 Is Changing Plastic Surgery
There’s been changes to practically everything in our everyday lives, including industries such as plastic surgery. With practices having to...
Benefits and Drawbacks Of Getting A Taxi and Renting A Car
If you’re planning a vacation or business trip, you must decide whether or not to rent a car ahead of...
8 Killer Tips to Make Your Portfolio Website Standout
A portfolio website is one of the easiest and most straightforward ways to showcase your work. Although you have a...
3 Reasons You Need A Mobile-Responsive Email Marketing Platform
Repeat after me. Creating email interfaces with mobile-first ethos and UI is key to the success of email marketing campaigns....
Mother and Nature Active Maternity Wear, How It All Started
5 months pregnant and very happy about it, not much to complain about. Everything was going ok (famous last words). ...
How To Make Sure Your Toddler Has A Balanced Diet
As your baby grows into a toddler, they go through a period of intense mental and physical development, as their...
The Top 3 Vitamins and Minerals To Support Your Fitness Goals
You can spend hours in the gym, but without fuelling your body properly, it will be hard to see the...
Best Cities To Invest In Real Estate Across The UK
If you’re looking to invest your money, real estate has historically offered a safe investment with good returns. You gain...
7 Ways You Can Power Your House
In case you are remodeling your home and are considering a more eco-conscious approach, you are probably looking into various...
The Pro’s and Con’s Of Chemical Peels
A chemical peel is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure that resurfaces the skin to give it a refreshed, soft and smooth...
Street Vs. Skate Trends
Streetwear is a massive global trend that’s origin comes from skate styles that have been altered. Streetwear is everyday clothing...
- Tech6 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech6 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business5 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel8 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General5 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech6 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Tech6 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Health7 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition