Inverters are electrical devices that convert direct current (DC) to alternating current (AC). Inverters are very essential for most applications because the mains supply that is provided in our home outlets is alternating current. They are usually used in domestic scenarios as emergency backup power supplies and even in aircrafts to convert some portion of aircraft DC power to AC. There are various types of inverters such as sine wave, modified sine wave, square wave, multilevel inverter, and voltage source inverter types.
In today’s world, with the advent of rapid communication and pocket-sized technology, anyone can buy online square wave invertersto power their homes and offices.
Square Wave Inverter Characteristics
- When the output of a power inverter is in the form of a square wave, it is called a square wave inverter.
- The conversion in the inverter is commonly conducted through MOSFET inverter circuits which can switch the voltage across the load and in turn providing a digital approximation of the desired AC signal. The circuit consists of four switches, a DC source and the load.
- The load voltage must be switched from high voltage to low voltage without the use of an intermediate step to produce the desired square voltage. The power delivered by the square wave should be equal to the sine wave that is approximated; hence the amplitude of the square wave is equated to the RMS value of the sine wave.
- Thus, the power delivered and the average voltages of both the waves are the same.
- Some of the best square wave inverters found online in India have specifications and circuitry designed to fit the mains supply provided by Indian outlets.
- It is one of the most primitive inverter designs and it is usually used for small applications such as lighting or heating. It is usually unsuitable for sensitive electronics because it produces a characteristic humming sound when connected to audio applications.
- Voltage source inverters are powered by square wave inverters which are used in low cost AC motor drives.
- They are also used in uninterrupted power supplies and circuits which use electrical resonance between the capacitor and inductor. These have applications in induction heating units and electronic ballasts for fluorescent lamps.
Drawbacks of square wave inverters
- The 3rd and 5th harmonics produced by square wave inverters are relatively large and they burn electrical power. They produce the lowest quality of power. This not only causes wastage of power but also severely affects the efficiency of the devices connected to it.
- Sine wave power inverters are mostly revered because most devices are usually constructed to be compatible with sine wave AC output that is produced by the mains supply.
- Square wave inverters produce only two-step inversion which is choppy and damages sensitive devices. Thus, they are not connected to delicate devices that work on precise timing. Sine wave inverters produce an output, which is less choppy and smoother.
Hence, modified sine wave and pure sine wave inverters have been introduced in the market to reduce the discrepancies produced by square wave inverters.
Why Is Quantity Surveying Essential in Construction Industry
Quantity surveying is an essential part of the Australian construction industry. It is the process of calculating and estimating the...
How to Maintain Upholstered Furniture
No matter if you have pets or kids, maintaining your upholstered furniture is quite a challenge. Even though vacuuming it...
How Do I Find a Good Bubble.io Developer?
Finding a good bubble developer to help build your app or digital product can seem challenging. How can you choose...
When is a right time for home repairs?
Summer is a popular time for a renovation around the globe. While it is true that bright days and warm...
Top 15 Alteryx Competitors
The world has seen a tremendous rise in startups and new incorporations in the business world. Companies have great potential...
Latest Wedding Trends for 2023
If you’re planning on getting married this year, chances are you’re probably overwhelmed and confused when it comes to wedding...
Tips To Make The Most Of Your City Break In London!
London is one of the best cities in the world, known for its quintessentially British culture, great nightlife, fantastic museums...
The Ultimate Guide To Packing For A Trip To London
London is one of the best cities in the world, known for it’s rich history, quintessentially British culture, the best...
Top 15 Web Development IDEs
The web development field has seen sustainable growth throughout the years. As technology is advancing, so is the web development...
12 Key DevOps Programming Languages to Still Popular in 2022
“DevOps is not a goal, but a never-ending process of continual improvement.” – Jez Humble Delivering the finest of services...
Festival Fashion Style Tips For 2022
Summer is well and truly here and with that comes the festival season! From the biggest stars performing on stage...
4 Tips For Making Your Wardrobe More Sustainable
Everyone is trying to make more of an effort to make their wardrobe more sustainable, but often are unsure where...
7 tips on how to organize a budget-friendly move
If you are planning a move any time soon, you might be worried about all the expenses that wait for...
Metal Roof Colors: How to Select the Best Color for a New Roof
Choosing the right type of material for your roof is enough of a hassle already that the question of choosing...
Simple Ways To Feel More Confident At The Gym
If you are new to the gym, or you haven’t been in a while, sometimes you might not feel completely...
Tech7 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech7 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business7 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Business3 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Travel10 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
General7 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
Tech8 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
Tech7 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists