Whichever way you look at it, it’s getting harder by the day to determine what is and is not full-blown smartphone addiction. According to the experts at www.davidgoodlad.co.uk, the definition of addiction is when an individual loses control over any given behaviour and finds they are not able to make changes to their habits, despite trying to do so and wanting to do so. Which makes everything rather difficult to say the least when it comes to smartphone use as we are currently living in an era and as part of a society where staring at a tiny screen all day is pretty much the norm.
But just because it’s the norm, this doesn’t necessarily mean it’s doing any good for us. Far from it, in fact, as a great many studies carried out over recent years have brought to light the very same conclusion – excessive smartphone use can have quite devastating effects on both physical and mental wellbeing alike.
Actually getting any person to fully admit that they have a full-blown smartphone addiction to overcome is never going to be easy. Chances are that even if you yourself are fully aware of the fact that you use your mobile devices a little too much, it’s unlikely that you would say you have a real addiction to address. Which may indeed be the case, but if you have proactively made efforts to cut down on smartphone use and still find yourself compelled to continue regardless…well, this pretty much illustrates the fact that you have somewhat lost control.
So for those who would prefer to take back control of their smartphone habits without necessarily resorting to drastic measures, what follows is a quick overview of just a few helpful tips and tricks from the experts:
- First of all, don’t even think about going ‘cold turkey’ and taking your device completely out of use…you will fail. Instead, approach it a little like you would approach going on a diet, as in establishing goals with regard to when and when you should and should not use your smartphone, in accordance with the time of day. Assign yourself phone-free periods and you’ll quickly realise that you can in fact quite happily live without it.
- Try to get out of the habit of going anywhere near your device when it comes to things like eating with the family, socialising or generally spending time with other people. Even if it is anything but unusual for people to behave in such a way these days, it may as well be you that sets the example by not being quite so ignorant.
- Another extremely easy yet highly effective tip is that of trying to get into the habit of heading to bed each evening without instinctively taking your device with you. Not only does the blue light emitted by smartphones make it more difficult to get to sleep in the first place, but you will also eliminate the temptation to reach out and grab your device every time you wake up in the night.
- Distraction always has been and always will be the key to taking your mind away from something you are trying to cut down on, so why not indulge in healthier activities that don’t involve using your smartphone? There’s really no sense in beginning to list them here as there are literally millions of them – anything that’s good for you and gives you a break from the screen.
- Next time you are out with your friends or family, try setting an example as a role model and seeing if you can get everyone else to ditch their devices for a while. This can be as easy as suggesting that you all take part in a little wager, whereby every one of you places their mobile phones face down on the table and the first person to so much touch their device has to pick up the check. It’s great fun and immediately proves to yourself and everyone else that life can be even more enjoyable without electronic intervention.
- Last but not least, it may sound like a rather extreme measure to those that are well and truly addicted, but to remove all social media apps from your device really can work wonders. The reason being that rather than getting an immediate message each and every time anybody so much as changes their status by a single letter, you will only be able to catch up on what’s happening by proactively logging on and doing so. Suffice to say, you will miss out on a lot of the kind of garbage that’s inconsequential, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing!
Comparium : Automated Website Testing Tool
Nowadays, growing an online business is not an easy task due to the higher competitors available in the market. You...
Seven Awesome Family-Friendly Places to Visit This 2020
Family trips should be an annual thing, don’t you agree? It’s during those moments that we make the best memories....
How to choose the perfect tungsten wedding band
Rings are important for every wedding. That’s how they symbolize the promise that people make to stay together forever. You...
10 Basic Sketching Techniques For Beginners
Lacking the gravitas as that of oil paints, pencil may not seem a showy artistic medium to many. However, if...
2020 CRM Brings Must-Have Trends for Retailers
There is no end to customer’s expectations. If you are already providing a premium product, they will expect from you...
FitGirl: Games for Re-repacking
So after you have a game’s introduction documents, you have numerous different parts that everyone probably won’t need. You’ll have...
Hоw tо Kеер Antѕ Out оf Yоur Kitсhеn
Dо уоu hаvе аntѕ in уоur kitсhеn? Antѕ аrе thе #1 Pеѕt in thе Australia ассоrding tо multiрlе ѕurvеуѕ. And...
Benefits of using mobile apps in your business organization
As we know the technology sector is at its peak this time, they are coming up with so many advancements...
7 Ways to Make UX Shine in 2020
UX is a crucial component of modern web design, and users’ expectations are constantly shifting. Though we cannot see into...
Now Selling Services Is Super Easy From Your WordPress Website
If you are in a profession that sells any sort of services offline, then this article can be really beneficial...
How to Celebrate Gudi Padwa with all Hindu rituals
What is Gudi Padwa On the first day of the month of Chaitra, the state of Maharashtra and Konkan region...
The Best Planning Trip to Australia in a Budget in 2020
Australia is a beautiful country and is a dream place for many to visit. One of those many, I am...
Some Benefits Of Hair Salon Software That You Must Need To Know
If you are just investing or debating over the software of salon then you need to do it now. You...
Identify the Best Marketing Solutions for Your Business
Marketing of the brand name is much important that will provide ultimate benefits to the business. In the olden days,...
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
In the digital age, there’s no question that there’s big money to be made online. The old adage that you...
- Tech5 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech5 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business4 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel8 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General5 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech5 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Tech6 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Health6 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition