Whichever way you look at it, it’s getting harder by the day to determine what is and is not full-blown smartphone addiction. According to the experts at www.davidgoodlad.co.uk, the definition of addiction is when an individual loses control over any given behaviour and finds they are not able to make changes to their habits, despite trying to do so and wanting to do so. Which makes everything rather difficult to say the least when it comes to smartphone use as we are currently living in an era and as part of a society where staring at a tiny screen all day is pretty much the norm.
But just because it’s the norm, this doesn’t necessarily mean it’s doing any good for us. Far from it, in fact, as a great many studies carried out over recent years have brought to light the very same conclusion – excessive smartphone use can have quite devastating effects on both physical and mental wellbeing alike.
Actually getting any person to fully admit that they have a full-blown smartphone addiction to overcome is never going to be easy. Chances are that even if you yourself are fully aware of the fact that you use your mobile devices a little too much, it’s unlikely that you would say you have a real addiction to address. Which may indeed be the case, but if you have proactively made efforts to cut down on smartphone use and still find yourself compelled to continue regardless…well, this pretty much illustrates the fact that you have somewhat lost control.
So for those who would prefer to take back control of their smartphone habits without necessarily resorting to drastic measures, what follows is a quick overview of just a few helpful tips and tricks from the experts:
- First of all, don’t even think about going ‘cold turkey’ and taking your device completely out of use…you will fail. Instead, approach it a little like you would approach going on a diet, as in establishing goals with regard to when and when you should and should not use your smartphone, in accordance with the time of day. Assign yourself phone-free periods and you’ll quickly realise that you can in fact quite happily live without it.
- Try to get out of the habit of going anywhere near your device when it comes to things like eating with the family, socialising or generally spending time with other people. Even if it is anything but unusual for people to behave in such a way these days, it may as well be you that sets the example by not being quite so ignorant.
- Another extremely easy yet highly effective tip is that of trying to get into the habit of heading to bed each evening without instinctively taking your device with you. Not only does the blue light emitted by smartphones make it more difficult to get to sleep in the first place, but you will also eliminate the temptation to reach out and grab your device every time you wake up in the night.
- Distraction always has been and always will be the key to taking your mind away from something you are trying to cut down on, so why not indulge in healthier activities that don’t involve using your smartphone? There’s really no sense in beginning to list them here as there are literally millions of them – anything that’s good for you and gives you a break from the screen.
- Next time you are out with your friends or family, try setting an example as a role model and seeing if you can get everyone else to ditch their devices for a while. This can be as easy as suggesting that you all take part in a little wager, whereby every one of you places their mobile phones face down on the table and the first person to so much touch their device has to pick up the check. It’s great fun and immediately proves to yourself and everyone else that life can be even more enjoyable without electronic intervention.
- Last but not least, it may sound like a rather extreme measure to those that are well and truly addicted, but to remove all social media apps from your device really can work wonders. The reason being that rather than getting an immediate message each and every time anybody so much as changes their status by a single letter, you will only be able to catch up on what’s happening by proactively logging on and doing so. Suffice to say, you will miss out on a lot of the kind of garbage that’s inconsequential, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing!
Your Basic Guide To Creating A Unique Investment Blog
Starting your own blog is great and once you get the ball rolling, it can be a good passive income...
3 Low-Risk Ways To Get Your New Business Started
Once you’ve got an initial business idea and believe that it will be a success, there are some basic things...
Conquering the Co-free Zone: Tips for Thriving as a Remote Worker
Adjusting to an office environment can come with its downfalls in the sense that it might be a shock to...
3 Ways To Take Control Of Your Finances Starting Now
If your finances have taken over and are bringing stress to your life, we understand just how overwhelming it can...
Best Places To Visit In The North Of England
If you live in England, you will know there are many different places to visit for the weekend. There are...
Green Home Improvement Ideas
In a world where environmental concerns are growing, the concept of “green” has gone beyond a trendy catchphrase and is...
How to Host an Unforgettable House-Warming!
The time has finally come. You have moved into your dream pad, and are officially adulting in your very own...
A Guide to Parking Lot Striping
The journey to a well-striped parking lot begins with the right paint. In this brief guide, we’ll unravel the mystery...
Business Tips For Protecting Your Finances During A Recession
In 2023, taking the necessary steps to protect your finances for your business is now more important than ever. The...
Tips For Cleaning Your Trainers
If you’re into your trainers and streetwear, you’re likely to be very conscious of keeping them looking their best! So,...
Branding Trends For Start-Ups in 2023
Branding is incredibly important as it impacts how your business reaches and connects with its target market. If you’re branding...
Avoiding the Wrong Kind of Growth
Growth is vital for any business – some models, like tech start-ups, are built around periods of dramatic, explosive growth...
How To Become A Property Developer
There are several reasons why an individual will want to become a property developer. One of the main reasons for...
What Is The Difference Between Cyber Attacks and Cyber Threats?
If you own a business that uses the cloud to manage workloads, you have probably heard of the terms cyberattack...
3 Types of Marketing Every Small Construction Business Should Do
Construction is a very saturated sector, whether you’re a large or small construction company, so marketing should be at the...
Tech9 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech9 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business4 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Business8 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Law3 years ago
How Can A Divorce Lawyer Help You Get Through Divorce?
Tech6 years ago
When To Send Your Bulk Messages?
Tech3 years ago
5 Link Building Strategies You Can Apply For Local SEO
Travel12 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat