So you’ve applied, been through a screener call or two, and have finally landed an interview! Now what?
Walking into an interview with prepared thoughts, mind and body can go a long way in your career success. It not only helps you best showcase your talents, but it can also boost your confidence and improve your understanding of the job for which you’re applying.
How should I prepare?
A lot goes into interview prep, so be sure you’re giving yourself a few days to do it correctly. Here are 5 suggestions for prep work that will help you shine in your interview:
- Read the job posting. It’s important to cater your resume and interview answers to the specific role that you’re applying for. Do they use specific language that you can include in your answers? What responsibilities does the job entail? This will help you tweak your responses in order to show why you should be hired for that specific job.
- Research the company. You should have a moderate understanding of the company’s products, services, culture and history before entering your interview. You can find most of this information on the company’s site, or on other employment sites. Just be sure to paraphrase the details so you’re not copying their work. This will show your interest in the company and will likely help set you apart from other candidates.
- Look the part. As they say, first impressions are everything, so you want to make sure nothing distracts from your resumé’s potential- especially your look. Unless otherwise told by your interviewer, always assume that you should dress professionally: skirts and blouses for women, and suits for men. Then, be sure your hair’s in top shape. If you have a few weeks before the interview, consider addressing hair-related insecurities so you feel confident in your look, whether that be with a prescription for men’s hair loss, or a custom hair coloring kit for women. For more last-minute fixes, try pairing some shaping gel with a dry shampoo to appear put-together and thoughtful in order to leave the right impression.
- Stay healthy. It’s important to make sure you’re fueling your body and mind for a successful interview. In the days leading up to it, eat plenty of greens and whole grains for a more energetic disposition, use cushiony bedding to get better sleep, and practice relaxing techniques like meditation or yoga to de-stress. Maintaining your wellness will help you focus better and come up with more creative responses while on your feet.
- Practice your answers. There’s no better way to prepare than to practice! A few questions are pretty standard in interviews, so you should have answers ready for those. You should also look up some job-specific questions to get a better idea of experiences that you want to highlight in the interview. Share some real-world stories that showcase your talent and give you a little personal flair. Just be sure you’re not spitting out rehearsed lines during the actual interview; practicing is just a way to gather and focus your main points.
Finally, make sure you enter the interview with some confidence. You are clearly a qualified candidate, so this is the opportunity to really show off and make sure the job is right for you.
Best of luck with your interviews and job hunt!
Get the Best Thinks of THC Vape Juice and Know Their Flavors
E-juice or vape juice is a blend of water, nourishment grade enhancing, a decision of nicotine levels or zero nicotine,...
Exclusive Loan Schemes Indian Government Launched for Women Entrepreneurs
According to the 6th Economic Census of the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, the share of women entrepreneurs is...
7 Creative Ideas for an Apartment Makeover
Whether or not you feel like your apartment is due for an upgrade, it is essential always to have ideas...
The Top Ways to Beat the Winter Blues in 2019
When it comes to Winter, unless you are celebrating Christmas or New Year, it can feel a bit like a...
6 Tips to Boost the Value of a Beachside Apartment
It does not matter whether you are looking to offload your property or get a quote that you are comfortable...
Is a Local SEO Strategy Right for Your Business? And What to Do Next
Local SEO is certainly one of those terms that have made their way across the internet in recent years. There’s...
6 Things That Are Commonly Forgotten On The Day Of Marriage
Planning a wedding is something that’s like creating a base which will be important for having a wonderful wedding. It...
When You Would Need A Cover Letter
The main concept behind a cover letter is to tell a job, internship, academic program (really anything you’re applying for...
7 Great Techniques to Help You Get a Good Night Sleep
Sleep is a significant activity for any human being. That’s why it’s a shame that modern society tends to glorify...
What you Should Look for in the Upcoming Redmi Note 8 & Redmi Note 8 Pro
Post the unveiling of Redmi Note 8 and Redmi Note 8 Pro in August this year in China, it’s much...
Understanding Who you’re Selling to
As you move on from just simple survival as a business, it’s important to make sure you’re playing to your...
Saving Money While Having Fun in Honolulu
Conquering the Honolulu with a Small Budget Hawaii may not be considered as a budget-friendly destination but you should not...
5 Tips For Getting Around in Vegas
Las Vegas is always on most travelers’ to Do list. Travelers to Las Vegas usually choose to fly, however road...
5 Different Engineering Degrees You Can Study
Engineering is no longer the fearsome career path it once might have been. Engineering courses of study and achievement of...
Sparks and Smoke: 6 Signs Your House Needs Rewiring
If you bought an existing home, it’s likely the wiring was done a long time ago. Over the last few...
- Tech5 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech5 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business4 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel7 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General4 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech5 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Tech5 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Health6 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition