So you’ve applied, been through a screener call or two, and have finally landed an interview! Now what?
Walking into an interview with prepared thoughts, mind and body can go a long way in your career success. It not only helps you best showcase your talents, but it can also boost your confidence and improve your understanding of the job for which you’re applying.
How should I prepare?
A lot goes into interview prep, so be sure you’re giving yourself a few days to do it correctly. Here are 5 suggestions for prep work that will help you shine in your interview:
- Read the job posting. It’s important to cater your resume and interview answers to the specific role that you’re applying for. Do they use specific language that you can include in your answers? What responsibilities does the job entail? This will help you tweak your responses in order to show why you should be hired for that specific job.
- Research the company. You should have a moderate understanding of the company’s products, services, culture and history before entering your interview. You can find most of this information on the company’s site, or on other employment sites. Just be sure to paraphrase the details so you’re not copying their work. This will show your interest in the company and will likely help set you apart from other candidates.
- Look the part. As they say, first impressions are everything, so you want to make sure nothing distracts from your resumé’s potential- especially your look. Unless otherwise told by your interviewer, always assume that you should dress professionally: skirts and blouses for women, and suits for men. Then, be sure your hair’s in top shape. If you have a few weeks before the interview, consider addressing hair-related insecurities so you feel confident in your look, whether that be with a prescription for men’s hair loss, or a custom hair coloring kit for women. For more last-minute fixes, try pairing some shaping gel with a dry shampoo to appear put-together and thoughtful in order to leave the right impression.
- Stay healthy. It’s important to make sure you’re fueling your body and mind for a successful interview. In the days leading up to it, eat plenty of greens and whole grains for a more energetic disposition, use cushiony bedding to get better sleep, and practice relaxing techniques like meditation or yoga to de-stress. Maintaining your wellness will help you focus better and come up with more creative responses while on your feet.
- Practice your answers. There’s no better way to prepare than to practice! A few questions are pretty standard in interviews, so you should have answers ready for those. You should also look up some job-specific questions to get a better idea of experiences that you want to highlight in the interview. Share some real-world stories that showcase your talent and give you a little personal flair. Just be sure you’re not spitting out rehearsed lines during the actual interview; practicing is just a way to gather and focus your main points.
Finally, make sure you enter the interview with some confidence. You are clearly a qualified candidate, so this is the opportunity to really show off and make sure the job is right for you.
Best of luck with your interviews and job hunt!
7 tips on how to organize a budget-friendly move
If you are planning a move any time soon, you might be worried about all the expenses that wait for...
Metal Roof Colors: How to Select the Best Color for a New Roof
Choosing the right type of material for your roof is enough of a hassle already that the question of choosing...
Simple Ways To Feel More Confident At The Gym
If you are new to the gym, or you haven’t been in a while, sometimes you might not feel completely...
Can You Use Residential Property for Commercial Use
Having extra income, constantly flowing in can make all the difference in the current economy. Getting creative with how you...
Running a Business? How to Minimize Supply Chain Issues
Supply chain issues have always been an issue for businesses but over the last few years, the effect and widespread...
How to Increase Your House Value Before Selling
Increasing home value is the first step to making your place more attractive for future buyers. Whether you are trying...
Why Calorie Control Is Still The Best Way To Diet
There are a great deal of different options when it comes to dieting, every day there seems to be a...
The Benefits Of Trade Credit Insurance For Your Business
Trade credit insurance provides cover for businesses who trade on a credit basis. If the people who owe money for...
5 Charming Restaurant Decor Ideas In 2022
Making your restaurant memorable and stand out is a feat worthy of praise. The sheer pressure of wanting to succeed...
Bank Won’t Fund Your Business? 4 Loan Alternatives To Get You Started
Businesses typically require some sort of collateral or proof of concept before funding their business venture. However, it is possible...
Planning A Stag Do
If you’re a Best Man then you’re in a unique position of responsibility, and before the day itself when you’ll...
What Triggers Eczema | Tips to Reduce Eczema Flare-Ups
Eczema is a skin condition that can induce redness, itchiness, and skin inflammation. Its root cause is not fully understood,...
Women’s Fashion Trends To Expect In 2022
A new year means new fashion trends. We cannot wait for what is in store in 2022. It seems that...
Home Makeover Trends: Insights from The Pros
Are you considering a home makeover but don’t know where to start? You’re in luck! In this article, we will...
Interior Design Trends 2022
We all spend time pining over other people’s interior’s on Pinterest or Instagram, but with these trends, it’s easy to...
Tech7 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech7 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business6 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Business2 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Travel10 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
General7 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
Tech8 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
Tech7 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists