So you’ve applied, been through a screener call or two, and have finally landed an interview! Now what?
Walking into an interview with prepared thoughts, mind and body can go a long way in your career success. It not only helps you best showcase your talents, but it can also boost your confidence and improve your understanding of the job for which you’re applying.
How should I prepare?
A lot goes into interview prep, so be sure you’re giving yourself a few days to do it correctly. Here are 5 suggestions for prep work that will help you shine in your interview:
- Read the job posting. It’s important to cater your resume and interview answers to the specific role that you’re applying for. Do they use specific language that you can include in your answers? What responsibilities does the job entail? This will help you tweak your responses in order to show why you should be hired for that specific job.
- Research the company. You should have a moderate understanding of the company’s products, services, culture and history before entering your interview. You can find most of this information on the company’s site, or on other employment sites. Just be sure to paraphrase the details so you’re not copying their work. This will show your interest in the company and will likely help set you apart from other candidates.
- Look the part. As they say, first impressions are everything, so you want to make sure nothing distracts from your resumé’s potential- especially your look. Unless otherwise told by your interviewer, always assume that you should dress professionally: skirts and blouses for women, and suits for men. Then, be sure your hair’s in top shape. If you have a few weeks before the interview, consider addressing hair-related insecurities so you feel confident in your look, whether that be with a prescription for men’s hair loss, or a custom hair coloring kit for women. For more last-minute fixes, try pairing some shaping gel with a dry shampoo to appear put-together and thoughtful in order to leave the right impression.
- Stay healthy. It’s important to make sure you’re fueling your body and mind for a successful interview. In the days leading up to it, eat plenty of greens and whole grains for a more energetic disposition, use cushiony bedding to get better sleep, and practice relaxing techniques like meditation or yoga to de-stress. Maintaining your wellness will help you focus better and come up with more creative responses while on your feet.
- Practice your answers. There’s no better way to prepare than to practice! A few questions are pretty standard in interviews, so you should have answers ready for those. You should also look up some job-specific questions to get a better idea of experiences that you want to highlight in the interview. Share some real-world stories that showcase your talent and give you a little personal flair. Just be sure you’re not spitting out rehearsed lines during the actual interview; practicing is just a way to gather and focus your main points.
Finally, make sure you enter the interview with some confidence. You are clearly a qualified candidate, so this is the opportunity to really show off and make sure the job is right for you.
Best of luck with your interviews and job hunt!
3 Ways to Strive Toward Better Sexual Health
September is World Sexual Health Month! A critical part of our overall well-being is sexual health. This month is the...
Strapped for Cash? 5 Ways to Earn Money Quickly
The dream is to be in a position where you don’t have to worry about money. Until that dream becomes...
4 Signs Your Transmission May Be Going Out
Of all the mechanical problems that your vehicle might have, a transmission issue is perhaps the most dreaded. If you...
Creative Event Promotion Ideas to Increase Attendance
In modern and challenging world technology integration is considered as the crown of the successful business. Technology revealed the consistent...
Increase Your Home’s Value by Avoiding These 7 Home Improvement Mistakes
Oftentimes, we renovate our house for personal reasons. But there are times that we do it with the intent to...
How to Design Your Home to Be Distinguished as You Are
As you experience success in your life, it’s good to showcase that success in different ways. One outlet through which...
How to Prepare for Your First Interview
So you’ve applied, been through a screener call or two, and have finally landed an interview! Now what? Walking into...
Why It’s Beneficial For You to Hire an Interior Designer to Remodel Your Home
It will not be considered a home remodeling unless you get the services from an interior designer. You can decorate...
The Difference Between Single Pane and Double Pane Glass Windows
Windows are an important part of your home construction. They not only let in light to brighten home interiors, they...
Digital Marketing Background for Beginners: Strategies, Pros and Cons
Online promotion of a company is the most crucial part of running a business as this is the sector where...
How To Use New Tools on Magento 2.3 to Improve Client E-commerce Platform
Most eCommerce merchants and developers agree that within the last decade, Magento software remains a leading solution for creating and...
How Technology has helped in reducing the Prices of Laptops?
Nowadays, computers especially, laptops, are the major connectivity source among people these days. The works that are majorly done on...
Tips for Writing Compelling Facebook Ads
Social media was once just a way to stay connected with people. However, today, it is one of the most...
Is Vaping Harmful for You?
You have probably come across different ideas about the general safety of vaping and what makes it safer than products...
Business Branding: Master Your Instagram Video Length
You’ve probably asked yourself by now, how long can Instagram videos be? We give you the key points to ensure...
- Home Improvement2 years ago
Choosing Between Fiberglass, Steel And Glass Doors
- Entertainment2 years ago
Best Women Empowerment Films
- Automobile2 years ago
How To Check The Body Frame Of Used Jeep?
- Law2 years ago
Things You Should Know About Gangs
- Sports2 years ago
Types Of Arms And Shoulders Injuries On Athletes
- Law2 years ago
Common Mistakes After A DUI Arrest
- General2 years ago
How To Have A Great Plan For A Family Home?
- Automobile2 years ago
How To Get Good Deals On Used Cars?