So you’ve applied, been through a screener call or two, and have finally landed an interview! Now what?
Walking into an interview with prepared thoughts, mind and body can go a long way in your career success. It not only helps you best showcase your talents, but it can also boost your confidence and improve your understanding of the job for which you’re applying.
How should I prepare?
A lot goes into interview prep, so be sure you’re giving yourself a few days to do it correctly. Here are 5 suggestions for prep work that will help you shine in your interview:
- Read the job posting. It’s important to cater your resume and interview answers to the specific role that you’re applying for. Do they use specific language that you can include in your answers? What responsibilities does the job entail? This will help you tweak your responses in order to show why you should be hired for that specific job.
- Research the company. You should have a moderate understanding of the company’s products, services, culture and history before entering your interview. You can find most of this information on the company’s site, or on other employment sites. Just be sure to paraphrase the details so you’re not copying their work. This will show your interest in the company and will likely help set you apart from other candidates.
- Look the part. As they say, first impressions are everything, so you want to make sure nothing distracts from your resumé’s potential- especially your look. Unless otherwise told by your interviewer, always assume that you should dress professionally: skirts and blouses for women, and suits for men. Then, be sure your hair’s in top shape. If you have a few weeks before the interview, consider addressing hair-related insecurities so you feel confident in your look, whether that be with a prescription for men’s hair loss, or a custom hair coloring kit for women. For more last-minute fixes, try pairing some shaping gel with a dry shampoo to appear put-together and thoughtful in order to leave the right impression.
- Stay healthy. It’s important to make sure you’re fueling your body and mind for a successful interview. In the days leading up to it, eat plenty of greens and whole grains for a more energetic disposition, use cushiony bedding to get better sleep, and practice relaxing techniques like meditation or yoga to de-stress. Maintaining your wellness will help you focus better and come up with more creative responses while on your feet.
- Practice your answers. There’s no better way to prepare than to practice! A few questions are pretty standard in interviews, so you should have answers ready for those. You should also look up some job-specific questions to get a better idea of experiences that you want to highlight in the interview. Share some real-world stories that showcase your talent and give you a little personal flair. Just be sure you’re not spitting out rehearsed lines during the actual interview; practicing is just a way to gather and focus your main points.
Finally, make sure you enter the interview with some confidence. You are clearly a qualified candidate, so this is the opportunity to really show off and make sure the job is right for you.
Best of luck with your interviews and job hunt!
How to Combine Traditional and Modern Furniture With Style
Are you in love with both traditional and modern furniture styles? Do you feel like you can’t decide between those...
How to Organize Your Garage
Do you have so much stuff in your garage, your car is left out in the cold? Keep reading. Your...
Tips On Preventing Accidents In The Workplace and Keep Your Employees Safe
Preventing accidents in the workplace is both the moral and ethical responsibility of every employer. Knowing that there’s a safety...
4 Surprising Ways SaaS Can Be A Game Changer For Small Business
The World Wide Web will never run out of tips and strategies on how to grow your business. These days,...
Understanding SaaS, PaaS, IaaS Prior to Selecting One For Your Business
Summary: Cloud Computing is rising at a faster pace, and it’s crucially important for organizations to move to the Cloud...
5 Tips to Avoid Federal Tax Penalty For Taxpayers
When you are undergoing a tax issue, then it is vital to have knowledge of what are you up against...
Spy App For Android A Tool For Keeping Workplace
Dealing with routine matters has been a lot easier and stress-free thanks to modern technology. Want to order food, use...
How to Create A Backyard Zen Oasis
The lifestyle of the modern era usually depletes one’s energy by the time they get home from work. Whether or...
Mistakes You Need to Avoid When Preparing Your CV
Writing a CV can be hard. You have to somehow condense all your experience into 1 or 2 A4 pages....
Home Decor Trends For 2021: What You Can Expect
This year, the Covid pandemic has had a huge impact on many different industries and sectors and one which has...
5 Ways to Protect Your Teeth This Christmas
Christmas is just around the corner and the preparations are well underway for the festive day, even if it is...
How to Create A Referral Marketing Program In 6 Easy Steps
You may have heard of the benefits of a referral program. Besides helping you attract more traffic to your website,...
5 Important Web Design Considerations to Make For Better SEO
Ever since the birth of search engines, practices in optimising websites for better search rankings have changed considerably. Where it...
4 Reasons For Your Teeth Becoming Sensitive
Having sensitive teeth can be a common issue for many, but it can also be a sign that you have...
How To Keep Your Business Clean & Sanitised
If your business offers any kind of public-facing services, then you will likely be thinking a lot more about the...
- Tech6 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech6 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business5 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel9 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General6 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech7 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Tech6 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Health7 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition