People often feel awkward when they are dining out at a friend’s place or at a fancy restaurant just because they lack the basic knowledge of table etiquettes. It’s difficult to pick up these habits overnight or by just looking at someone sitting next to you. Table manners have to be inculcated and practiced.
So, before you get invited to another formal dinner event, make sure you have read our pointers on the following table etiquettes.
1. For starters, wait for your host to invite to the table. Hover around the table for a few seconds just to make sure if you are being directed towards an assigned seat. If not, take a seat while others take theirs. While sitting down, instead of dragging your chair pull it inwards without making a scraping sound.
2. After you are seated, take the napkin from the table immediately and neatly place it onto your lap. Maintain a straight posture and refrain from keeping your elbows on the table.
3. It’s a good idea to play “follow the leader”. Observe your host when he or she gets seated on the table and follow their lead. Do not stare; that is considered impolite. Just occasionally observe your host and try to imbibe their actions – how they serve, eat, etc.
4. Notice the numbers of cutlery placed in front of you. If there are many utensils, then it probably means there will be more than just one meal course. Start your way from the outside and work your way in. in case of doubts, remember to observe your host.
5. Do not start your meal unless everyone else seated on the table have been served food. Nothing will scream bad etiquette as starting your meal way before the other guests have been served. Once you begin, eat at a relaxed and slow pace, enjoying every bit and engaging in occasional conversations.
6. Eat with your mouth closed and try to avoid making any sounds during eating – either with your cutlery on the plate or with your teeth. Do not chew your food with your mouth open. Also, avoid talking when there is food in your mouth.
7. When someone asks for a particular food item to passed, pick up that item and place it next to your neighbour. Don’t reach out to the person from all across the table. Refrain from taking food from the dish before the person who asked for it does. Wait politely for them to help themselves and then request for the dish to be passed back to you.
8. When you finish eating, keep your fork and knife parallel to one another with the fork tines facing downwards. This will indicate to your host that you have finished your meal.
Imbibing these manners is not difficult. With a little practice, you can become adept at following table etiquettes. Practice at home if you may. Remember, good manners reflect good personality.
Browse through online Indian stores to purchase coaster sets, condiment containers, etc. to decorate your dining table for your guests. You can buy condiment containers online in India from Arttdinox.
Also, do share your opinions on this guest post by leaving your comments below.
5 Important Web Design Considerations to Make for Better SEO
Ever since the birth of search engines, practices in optimising websites for better search rankings have changed considerably. Where it...
4 Reasons For Your Teeth Becoming Sensitive
Having sensitive teeth can be a common issue for many, but it can also be a sign that you have...
How To Keep Your Business Clean & Sanitised
If your business offers any kind of public-facing services, then you will likely be thinking a lot more about the...
The Impact Of Covid-19 on Commercial Property
The lives of people all over the world have been completely altered as a result of Covid-19, with businesses struggling...
3 Of The Best Foods and Drinks To Aid Your Sleep
Getting a good night’s sleep is hugely important for your overall health and wellbeing. Studies have shown that having a...
Why You Should Consider Volunteering
Volunteering has many benefits both to you, your community, and your CV. Whether you do it alone, or with a...
Investigating The Important Factors In Legal Software Testing
Fulfilling the digital transformation objectives with QA testing services has become an important phase for all industry verticals. Today, every...
Multiply Your Magento Store’s Sales With Affiliate Program
Are you struggling to boost your sales and expand your customer base due to the significant increase in marketing expenses?...
How COVID-19 Is Changing Plastic Surgery
There’s been changes to practically everything in our everyday lives, including industries such as plastic surgery. With practices having to...
Benefits and Drawbacks Of Getting A Taxi and Renting A Car
If you’re planning a vacation or business trip, you must decide whether or not to rent a car ahead of...
8 Killer Tips to Make Your Portfolio Website Standout
A portfolio website is one of the easiest and most straightforward ways to showcase your work. Although you have a...
3 Reasons You Need A Mobile-Responsive Email Marketing Platform
Repeat after me. Creating email interfaces with mobile-first ethos and UI is key to the success of email marketing campaigns....
Mother and Nature Active Maternity Wear, How It All Started
5 months pregnant and very happy about it, not much to complain about. Everything was going ok (famous last words). ...
How To Make Sure Your Toddler Has A Balanced Diet
As your baby grows into a toddler, they go through a period of intense mental and physical development, as their...
The Top 3 Vitamins and Minerals To Support Your Fitness Goals
You can spend hours in the gym, but without fuelling your body properly, it will be hard to see the...
- Tech6 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech6 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business5 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel8 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General5 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech6 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Tech6 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Health7 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition