Choosing The Perfect Contact Lenses: How To Make The Right Decision
Years ago contact lenses used to be simple little hard glass lenses that you placed on your eyeballs. While these lenses provided excellent vision correction, you felt them under your eyelids each time you blinked. They would take weeks to get used to and they had an unfortunate tendency to fall out of your eyes.
Contact lens technology has changed a great deal in recent times, though. Not only do you have contact lenses made of extremely soft and pliable material, you have lenses that you don’t even need to clean and store each night – they are disposable. Many people even have a great deal of fun with the way colored contact lenses help them change their eye color. Let’s take a closer look at the world of contact lenses. You should be in a better position to choose the perfect contact lens for your needs when you are through.
Most people use soft contact lenses to correct farsightedness, nearsightedness and astigmatism. Recent advances in contact lens technology have even created multifocal lenses for older people who are unable to focus on objects close by because of a common condition called presbyopia.
Soft lenses are as popular as they are because they are very comfortable. The ultra-soft material that they are made of ensures this. The fact that the wetness of the eyes keeps these lenses in close and snug contact with the eyeballs means that these contacts are suitable for an active lifestyle. Mostly, they don’t even come off when you swim.
Soft contact lenses come in three varieties.
- Daily wear lenses are the cheapest. You can wear them all day each day and then take them off at night to soak in a chemical disinfectant. With proper care, you can usually use a pair from six months to a year. These are popular because they are very inexpensive.
- Some people find the need to take their lenses off each night to be very annoying. These people tend to experiment with extended wear lenses. These can be worn for up to a week between disinfections. Extended wear lenses often don’t work as advertised. Leaving an object in the eyes for such extended periods of time often results in eye infections.
- Disposable lenses are contacts that you throw away after a little while. They come in different varieties – daily, monthly and weekly. Disposable lenses are great idea for two reasons. To begin, they don’t lose clarity the way other lenses do. Additionally, if you use daily disposable lenses, you don’t even have to bother with disinfecting your lenses each night.
Contact Lenses for Special Vision Conditions
- The multifocal lenses mentioned above are lenses that offer different sorts of vision correction in one lens. These are for the elderly who suffer from presbyopia.
- Hybrid contact lenses are exactly what the name suggests – they are both hard and soft. If you like the clarity that hard lenses offer but you have a problem with the way they have a hard time sticking to your eyes, hybrid lenses are a good alternative. These are hard lenses surrounded by soft skirting. These lenses are also a good idea for people who have a condition called keratoconus – an irregularly shaped cornea.
Excluding crazy Halloween contacts, there are basically two kinds of cosmetic lenses – Plano color contacts for simple visual appeal and prescription color contacts that combine an ability to correct a vision problem with cosmetic appeal.
It’s always a good idea to buy contact lenses from qualified and authorized dealers such as Next Day Lenses – even if you wish to buy Plano color contacts.
Contact lenses are medical devices. It’s very important to obtain professional service.
Elizabeth Garvey works at an optometrist. She enjoys sharing her insights and tips online.
In a Car Accident? Here’s How to Find a Great Lawyer
If you’ve recently been in a car accident, you know that it can be an overwhelming experience. Not only do...
Considering Therapy? Here’s a Few Common Therapy Techniques Explained
If you’re considering therapy as a means to improve your mental health, you may be curious about the type of...
Top 5 Home Repairs You Should Never DIY
DIY home repairs are all the rage these days. But before you jump on the bandwagon, there are some things...
The Power of CBD Oil for Relaxation: How to Use it for Sleep and Stress Relief
If you’re struggling to get a good night’s sleep or feeling stressed, try CBD oil. CBD oil has a moment...
Benefits of Getting your Mobile Phone Repair
Mobile phone repair is a task that needs high skills and experience. That is why we always recommend users trust...
Great Ways To Clean To Get Your Security Deposit Back In Full
Moving is almost always stressful as there are tons of things to plan and do. Getting your security deposit back...
DIY Garage Door Repair: Tips and Tricks for Fixing Common Problems and Maintaining Your System
If your garage door needs to be fixed, wait to call a repairer. Many common problems can be fixed quickly...
7 Tips to Choosing the Right University for You
Are you considering continuing your education at university? If so, it can be overwhelming to decide which school is right...
3 Ways Loans from Credit Unions Are Different From Major Banks
If you’re in the loan market, you may wonder if a credit union is the right choice. Here are three...
The World of Coffee: Exploring the Aromas, Flavors, and Benefits of the World’s Most Popular Beverage
Coffee is one of the world’s most popular beverages, enjoyed by people of all ages and backgrounds. It’s also one...
New Driver? 5 Things to Consider When Looking for Driving School
When it comes to choosing a driving school, there are many factors to consider. Not all driving schools are created...
Landscape Irrigation Systems: The Basics
If you’re a homeowner, you know that keeping your lawn and landscaping looking nice can be a lot of work....
5 Things to Look for in Luxury Hotels
When it comes to luxury hotels, there is a lot to look out for. Here are five key things that...
Is There a Difference Between Commercial and Residential Concrete?
If you’re a contractor, you know that concrete is a versatile construction material. But did you know that there are...
5 Tips to Find the Right Litigation Firm
When it comes to selecting the right litigation firm for your legal needs, choosing wisely is of utmost importance. It’s...
Tech8 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech8 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business3 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Business7 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Law2 years ago
How Can A Divorce Lawyer Help You Get Through Divorce?
Tech5 years ago
When To Send Your Bulk Messages?
Travel11 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
Tech2 years ago
5 Link Building Strategies You Can Apply For Local SEO