What Exactly is Data Monetization?
Data monetization refers to the process of extracting the most amount of potential revenue from a single or multiple sources of data. This is done by capturing, storing, analyzing and dissecting information from data sources.
Businesses of all shapes and sizes can take advantage of data monetization techniques to increase their overall profit and efficiency, whilst simultaneously building up brand loyalty and improving their customer experience.
What can Data Monetization be used to Achieve?
There are many things that data monetization can achieve for a business. Here are some examples to illustrate how such a method can be used to increase your firm’s profitability:
- Mobile network operators – they can utilize anonymous usage data from their subscribers to determine, for example, what demographic of people visit particular areas, what sort of apps they tend to use, and even what times of the day they use their mobile phones;
- Supermarkets – the types of things you purchase can be used to target you with specific promotions that you might be interested in. For example, you could receive details of special offers or coupons applicable to your spending habits, such as 10% off bakery products if you buy lots of bread;
- Filling stations – when you fill up your car with petrol or diesel on a regular basis from a particular filling station, you could be offered vouchers that enable you to receive discounts from the automatic car wash;
- Banks – financial institutions can also leverage the information they hold on you (such as income and expenditure) to offer you financial products that you are likely to be interested in, such as loans, credit cards and savings accounts.
How can I make Data Monetization Work for me?
To take advantage of this potential profit-increasing way of targeting your customers, you will first need to know what to do! The following steps describe the general steps that you need to take in order to fulfil your goals:
- Identify – the very first thing you need to do is determine what sort of information you have available at your disposal. There is no point in trying to target your customers if you know very little about them (for example, they buy your products cash from a retail establishment);
- Store – in order to be able to do something with your data, you need to store it in a way that is easily accessible by your employees for the purposes of data extraction and mining. Many firms that deal with large amounts of data use powerful storage systems called big data appliances;
Access – once you have lots of useful data stored, you will then need to develop a way that enables you to extract and manipulate that information. Data appliances allow you to run queries on stored data much faster than you would on a normal computer system, so that you have the information you need sooner rather than later.
Can You Use Residential Property for Commercial Use
Having extra income, constantly flowing in can make all the difference in the current economy. Getting creative with how you...
Running a Business? How to Minimize Supply Chain Issues
Supply chain issues have always been an issue for businesses but over the last few years, the effect and widespread...
How to Increase Your House Value Before Selling
Increasing home value is the first step to making your place more attractive for future buyers. Whether you are trying...
Why Calorie Control Is Still The Best Way To Diet
There are a great deal of different options when it comes to dieting, every day there seems to be a...
The Benefits Of Trade Credit Insurance For Your Business
Trade credit insurance provides cover for businesses who trade on a credit basis. If the people who owe money for...
5 Charming Restaurant Decor Ideas In 2022
Making your restaurant memorable and stand out is a feat worthy of praise. The sheer pressure of wanting to succeed...
Bank Won’t Fund Your Business? 4 Loan Alternatives To Get You Started
Businesses typically require some sort of collateral or proof of concept before funding their business venture. However, it is possible...
Planning A Stag Do
If you’re a Best Man then you’re in a unique position of responsibility, and before the day itself when you’ll...
What Triggers Eczema | Tips to Reduce Eczema Flare-Ups
Eczema is a skin condition that can induce redness, itchiness, and skin inflammation. Its root cause is not fully understood,...
Women’s Fashion Trends To Expect In 2022
A new year means new fashion trends. We cannot wait for what is in store in 2022. It seems that...
Home Makeover Trends: Insights from The Pros
Are you considering a home makeover but don’t know where to start? You’re in luck! In this article, we will...
Interior Design Trends 2022
We all spend time pining over other people’s interior’s on Pinterest or Instagram, but with these trends, it’s easy to...
Top Commonly Overlooked Car Maintenance and Repairs
Maintaining a car is a huge responsibility. There’s a lot that goes into that given how complicated a machine it...
What Is The Difference Between Strata and Property Manager
Real estate is a diverse market, and as such, it can be hard to determine the differences between various types...
Sleek Home Upgrades That Will Luxe Up Your Life
Sometimes we need a vast endeavor to make our home look extravagant and cheek but very often you can implement...
Tech7 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech7 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business6 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Business2 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Travel10 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
General7 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
Tech8 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
Tech7 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists