What Exactly is Data Monetization?
Data monetization refers to the process of extracting the most amount of potential revenue from a single or multiple sources of data. This is done by capturing, storing, analyzing and dissecting information from data sources.
Businesses of all shapes and sizes can take advantage of data monetization techniques to increase their overall profit and efficiency, whilst simultaneously building up brand loyalty and improving their customer experience.
What can Data Monetization be used to Achieve?
There are many things that data monetization can achieve for a business. Here are some examples to illustrate how such a method can be used to increase your firm’s profitability:
- Mobile network operators – they can utilize anonymous usage data from their subscribers to determine, for example, what demographic of people visit particular areas, what sort of apps they tend to use, and even what times of the day they use their mobile phones;
- Supermarkets – the types of things you purchase can be used to target you with specific promotions that you might be interested in. For example, you could receive details of special offers or coupons applicable to your spending habits, such as 10% off bakery products if you buy lots of bread;
- Filling stations – when you fill up your car with petrol or diesel on a regular basis from a particular filling station, you could be offered vouchers that enable you to receive discounts from the automatic car wash;
- Banks – financial institutions can also leverage the information they hold on you (such as income and expenditure) to offer you financial products that you are likely to be interested in, such as loans, credit cards and savings accounts.
How can I make Data Monetization Work for me?
To take advantage of this potential profit-increasing way of targeting your customers, you will first need to know what to do! The following steps describe the general steps that you need to take in order to fulfil your goals:
- Identify – the very first thing you need to do is determine what sort of information you have available at your disposal. There is no point in trying to target your customers if you know very little about them (for example, they buy your products cash from a retail establishment);
- Store – in order to be able to do something with your data, you need to store it in a way that is easily accessible by your employees for the purposes of data extraction and mining. Many firms that deal with large amounts of data use powerful storage systems called big data appliances;
Access – once you have lots of useful data stored, you will then need to develop a way that enables you to extract and manipulate that information. Data appliances allow you to run queries on stored data much faster than you would on a normal computer system, so that you have the information you need sooner rather than later.
Tips On Preventing Accidents In The Workplace and Keep Your Employees Safe
Preventing accidents in the workplace is both the moral and ethical responsibility of every employer. Knowing that there’s a safety...
4 Surprising Ways SaaS Can Be A Game Changer For Small Business
The World Wide Web will never run out of tips and strategies on how to grow your business. These days,...
Understanding SaaS, PaaS, IaaS Prior to Selecting One For Your Business
Summary: Cloud Computing is rising at a faster pace, and it’s crucially important for organizations to move to the Cloud...
5 Tips to Avoid Federal Tax Penalty For Taxpayers
When you are undergoing a tax issue, then it is vital to have knowledge of what are you up against...
Spy App For Android A Tool For Keeping Workplace
Dealing with routine matters has been a lot easier and stress-free thanks to modern technology. Want to order food, use...
How to Create A Backyard Zen Oasis
The lifestyle of the modern era usually depletes one’s energy by the time they get home from work. Whether or...
Mistakes You Need to Avoid When Preparing Your CV
Writing a CV can be hard. You have to somehow condense all your experience into 1 or 2 A4 pages....
Home Decor Trends For 2021: What You Can Expect
This year, the Covid pandemic has had a huge impact on many different industries and sectors and one which has...
5 Ways to Protect Your Teeth This Christmas
Christmas is just around the corner and the preparations are well underway for the festive day, even if it is...
How to Create A Referral Marketing Program In 6 Easy Steps
You may have heard of the benefits of a referral program. Besides helping you attract more traffic to your website,...
5 Important Web Design Considerations to Make For Better SEO
Ever since the birth of search engines, practices in optimising websites for better search rankings have changed considerably. Where it...
4 Reasons For Your Teeth Becoming Sensitive
Having sensitive teeth can be a common issue for many, but it can also be a sign that you have...
How To Keep Your Business Clean & Sanitised
If your business offers any kind of public-facing services, then you will likely be thinking a lot more about the...
The Impact Of Covid-19 on Commercial Property
The lives of people all over the world have been completely altered as a result of Covid-19, with businesses struggling...
3 Of The Best Foods and Drinks To Aid Your Sleep
Getting a good night’s sleep is hugely important for your overall health and wellbeing. Studies have shown that having a...
- Tech6 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech6 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business5 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel9 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General6 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech7 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Tech6 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Health7 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition