What Exactly is Data Monetization?
Data monetization refers to the process of extracting the most amount of potential revenue from a single or multiple sources of data. This is done by capturing, storing, analyzing and dissecting information from data sources.
Businesses of all shapes and sizes can take advantage of data monetization techniques to increase their overall profit and efficiency, whilst simultaneously building up brand loyalty and improving their customer experience.
What can Data Monetization be used to Achieve?
There are many things that data monetization can achieve for a business. Here are some examples to illustrate how such a method can be used to increase your firm’s profitability:
- Mobile network operators – they can utilize anonymous usage data from their subscribers to determine, for example, what demographic of people visit particular areas, what sort of apps they tend to use, and even what times of the day they use their mobile phones;
- Supermarkets – the types of things you purchase can be used to target you with specific promotions that you might be interested in. For example, you could receive details of special offers or coupons applicable to your spending habits, such as 10% off bakery products if you buy lots of bread;
- Filling stations – when you fill up your car with petrol or diesel on a regular basis from a particular filling station, you could be offered vouchers that enable you to receive discounts from the automatic car wash;
- Banks – financial institutions can also leverage the information they hold on you (such as income and expenditure) to offer you financial products that you are likely to be interested in, such as loans, credit cards and savings accounts.
How can I make Data Monetization Work for me?
To take advantage of this potential profit-increasing way of targeting your customers, you will first need to know what to do! The following steps describe the general steps that you need to take in order to fulfil your goals:
- Identify – the very first thing you need to do is determine what sort of information you have available at your disposal. There is no point in trying to target your customers if you know very little about them (for example, they buy your products cash from a retail establishment);
- Store – in order to be able to do something with your data, you need to store it in a way that is easily accessible by your employees for the purposes of data extraction and mining. Many firms that deal with large amounts of data use powerful storage systems called big data appliances;
Access – once you have lots of useful data stored, you will then need to develop a way that enables you to extract and manipulate that information. Data appliances allow you to run queries on stored data much faster than you would on a normal computer system, so that you have the information you need sooner rather than later.
TheWiSpy Best Spyware For Android In 2020
Are you trying to find the ideal mobile phone spyware program for this year? We have the one for you!...
Garden Shed Buying Guide
Are you searching for the best and attractive solution for storing the extra items of the house? Do you also...
6 Most Common Gynaecology Surgeries and Procedures
Have you been advised by your Singapore gynaecologist that to further examine a GYN problem, you need a procedure? You...
3 Keys If You Want to Look Better
Are you generally happy with your look these days? In the event you said no, what steps can you take...
What Can You Do to Strengthen Your Business?
Operating a business means you have a lot of weight on your shoulders to say the least. With that in...
Should You Buy Real Estate At The End Of 2020
Experts analyzed the prospects and possible scenarios for the development of events. Residents of the US are warned about the...
How To Be A Confident Person
Attractive, confident, funny, charismatic. These are some characteristics that define an alpha individual. While we all know what the goal...
Why Do Cats Get Diarrhea?
If you’re a pet owner, then you’ll know that one of the most common problems you need to deal with...
Common Reasons For Visiting An Orthopaedic Surgeon
Have you suffered regular knee or back pain? Do you feel tired or stiff for a long time after resting...
Best Wholesale Beauty Product Suppliers In 2020
Beauty products include a range of goods that are used to care and enhance the appearance of your face, hair,...
Understanding The Benefits and Uses Of Reusable, Washable Breast Pads
Breast pads are every mother’s best friend post the delivery. They’ve been a lifeline for various reasons and from numerous...
Big Things A Digital Marketing Business Conducts
The customary word “ad” is defined as a communication procedure between the group of onlookers and the imminent business moving...
International Shipping In A Global Pandemic
The Covid-19 pandemic completely turned the world on its head, in more ways than one. Beyond the devastating medical challenges,...
8 Ways To Reduce Stoke Risk
Stroke is the fifth leading cause of death in the United States. To help you understand how severe and common...
Top Whey Protein Recipes To Lose Your Body Fat
Losing weight and keeping the kilos off is not an easy thing to do. Everything from what you consume to...
- Tech5 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech5 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business5 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel8 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General5 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech5 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Tech6 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Health7 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition