What Exactly is Data Monetization?
Data monetization refers to the process of extracting the most amount of potential revenue from a single or multiple sources of data. This is done by capturing, storing, analyzing and dissecting information from data sources.
Businesses of all shapes and sizes can take advantage of data monetization techniques to increase their overall profit and efficiency, whilst simultaneously building up brand loyalty and improving their customer experience.
What can Data Monetization be used to Achieve?
There are many things that data monetization can achieve for a business. Here are some examples to illustrate how such a method can be used to increase your firm’s profitability:
- Mobile network operators – they can utilize anonymous usage data from their subscribers to determine, for example, what demographic of people visit particular areas, what sort of apps they tend to use, and even what times of the day they use their mobile phones;
- Supermarkets – the types of things you purchase can be used to target you with specific promotions that you might be interested in. For example, you could receive details of special offers or coupons applicable to your spending habits, such as 10% off bakery products if you buy lots of bread;
- Filling stations – when you fill up your car with petrol or diesel on a regular basis from a particular filling station, you could be offered vouchers that enable you to receive discounts from the automatic car wash;
- Banks – financial institutions can also leverage the information they hold on you (such as income and expenditure) to offer you financial products that you are likely to be interested in, such as loans, credit cards and savings accounts.
How can I make Data Monetization Work for me?
To take advantage of this potential profit-increasing way of targeting your customers, you will first need to know what to do! The following steps describe the general steps that you need to take in order to fulfil your goals:
- Identify – the very first thing you need to do is determine what sort of information you have available at your disposal. There is no point in trying to target your customers if you know very little about them (for example, they buy your products cash from a retail establishment);
- Store – in order to be able to do something with your data, you need to store it in a way that is easily accessible by your employees for the purposes of data extraction and mining. Many firms that deal with large amounts of data use powerful storage systems called big data appliances;
Access – once you have lots of useful data stored, you will then need to develop a way that enables you to extract and manipulate that information. Data appliances allow you to run queries on stored data much faster than you would on a normal computer system, so that you have the information you need sooner rather than later.
The Greatest Night Clubs in Las Vegas for Bottle Service
Las Vegas is loaded with the dance club and picking one can be a significant undertaking for somebody who is...
Why is Investing in Healthcare is the Best Option for Medical Professionals?
Healthcare industry is considered as one of India’s largest sectors, both regarding employment and revenue generation. It is expected to...
The need and use of the Vial Box
There are a lot of healthcare professionals and caregivers that have to assist the living facilities and there are a...
How To Buy an Abstract Rug Online and Avoid the Mistakes Involved
We are currently living in the golden age of nesting. Especially as part of the millennial generation, we gravitate towards...
Begin Your Love Story With Disabled Dating
We want you to know – you aren’t DISABLED, you are just differently-abled because the only disability in life is...
Are You Selling at Least The Basics To A Beach Vacationer
In winter, a lot of people travel to major attractions such as warm beaches. These travelers often have to pack...
What You Need to Know Before Starting a Business
Congratulations, you did it. You decided to quit your day job and start a business. Being your own boss is...
.Net 3.1 Latest Features Released By Microsoft
.Net 3.1 Latest Features Released By Microsoft The latest version of .net core 3.1 has been released by Microsoft that...
BEST SPORTS FOR KIDS TO ENGAGE IN THIS YEAR
We are in a generation where our children are living an inactive lifestyle with very minimal or no sort of...
Buying a Strata Property – Is it a Good Investment for You
Buying a strata property is a scenario where you purchase a small portion of the complex and get access to...
What You Should Know About Google’s New VR/AR Features for the Web and Mobile Applications
Virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) are emerging technologies that provide users with a wide range of unique and...
Get the Kitchen of Your Dreams with the Best Remodeling Tips
Get the Kitchen of Your Dreams Among all the rooms of the house, the kitchen is the most versatile. It...
What does a Cyber Security Specialist do?
In our current reality, where a Security Guard ensures resources and a Bodyguard ensures individuals, a Cyber Security Specialist shields...
Why Would You Hire A Holiday Lights Service? Why Not?
The holidays bring us the tradition of baking, shopping, wrapping, parties, Christmas pageants and parades, tree decorating, and hanging lights....
Keep in Mind the Important Things Before Planning an Event
When thinking of the hire of a screen, don’t forget to look at how it is going to be presented....
- Tech5 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech5 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business4 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel8 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General5 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech5 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Tech6 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Health6 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition