With the growing importance of fast websites, everyone is trying to get their websites running at blazing speed. At this juncture, if your website is hosted on the Cloud then you should be happy. That’s because in this post, we are going to discuss how to speed up your cloud hosted website with the help of Cloud Hosting Providers.
Unlike Shared, Dedicated or VPS Hosting, Cloud Hosting is a different ball game altogether. It works based on a network of servers. The network has multiple machines, and they are often pulled from various data centres in different locations, giving you ample opportunities to optimize overall performance.
Let’s look at some of the ways that can make a huge difference in page load times.
- Installing Specialized Cache: The way cache works is simple! All it does is stores the view of the webpage that is being accessed in its memory, so that it can be quickly shared with future visitors without having to go through the whole server request-response ordeal. Caching can increase your Page Speed by up to 6 times! It’s also pretty simple to implement and many of the better Cloud Hosting Providers are integrating cache within their Cloud Hosting plans. For instance ResellerClub integrates Varnish Caching in their Cloud Hosting Plans, which is like the best kind of Caching available. So talk to your Hosting Provider and have caching installed at the earliest!
- Make the Best of CDN (Content Delivery Network): A CDN is a network of servers which are spread across a wide geographical area. The way they help is that, whenever a user is trying to access the hosted website data, the Content Delivery Network analyses the location of the user and configures the server geographically closest to the user to serve the requested data. This hugely reduces the latency of data transfer over the network. Cloud Hosting Providers have lately started incorporating CDNs in their overall Cloud Hosting architecture. Having an exhaustive discussion with them to apply it for your site can largely help optimize your site’s speed.
- Check if the Website and Database Reside on the same Data Centre: As CDNs help improve latency with respect to User-Server proximity, same is the deal with your hosted website resources and your database. If the proximity between them is higher, the data transmission between the two is faster. Most Hosting providers disclose where all the elements reside on the cloud. You can make a request to have all your resources in close proximity.
- Upgrading Physical Hardware of the Cloud Network: Cloud Hosting will only perform as good as the underlying hardware. Periodically check the configuration and specifications of the Cloud hardware such as CPUs, type of RAM, storage and memory etc. and if you find that any of the hardware peripherals are outdated or outclassed, notify your Cloud Hosting Provider and put in a request for an upgrade. Yes, Cloud Hosting Providers are responsible for delivering the best possible hardware resources for your Cloud Hosting, but it would not hurt to check every now and then. And with the speed of IT hardware innovation these days, you are bound to find areas of improvement within your Cloud’s hardware configuration.
- De-duplication: Yes, it is known that data duplication and mirroring is essential as a failsafe; but, it also hogs on the network bandwidth whenever traffic associated with data backups is being transmitted. But data duplication cannot be avoided. So the workaround is to mirror data smartly. De-duplication removes network traffic associated with data backups by performing a single complete backup of a given file(s), and then only send changed portions of those files over time, rather than the entire file. Speak to your Cloud Hosting Provider to see if such techniques are in place, which can really help your overall website speed over the Cloud.
That beings said, it is always a good idea to analyse Cloud Hosting Providers thoroughly and select the ones who are implementing such tactics or even support you to set it up for your website over the Cloud. This, coupled with website development best practices like compression, minifying files and scripts etc. can really push the needle further when it comes to page speed. Hope this helps and we would love to hear your thoughts on this in the comments section below!
4 Most Efficient Drainage Systems for Flat Roofs
The matter of drainage is the essential function of your roof. In fact, the very shape of a roof (a...
Google Algorithm Updates to Expect by The End Of 2021
Google’s algorithm updates tend to come with a lot of uncertainty and questions, and getting ahead of them is the...
Cozy Home Office Setup Tips For 2021
Whether you work from home or have set out a place for something you like such as crafting, studying, or...
Garden Party Ideas For Everyone
No one can make “a perfect’’ garden party, but we are all able to throw an amazing one. Of course,...
How To Find Low Competition Long Tail Keywords Using Free Tools
Keywords are the most fundamental and highest ROI activity when it comes to SEM and SEO. Having the right keywords,...
Top Tips For Healthy Family Meals On A Budget
A healthy diet is not very difficult to follow since there is a lot of information available on the Internet...
Tips For Your Morning Skincare Routine
Keeping your skin healthy can come down to numerous things. A healthy diet will be a good start in keeping...
How to Make SEO Work For You and Your Business
The world of search engine optimization has changed a lot, but certain fundamental principles like focusing on target keywords to...
How to Increase Your Vegetable Garden Yield This Year
If you are going thru the effort of planning, planting, caring, and growing your plants, you naturally want to get...
Why Families Benefit From A Family Dentist When Dealing With Oral Health Issues
Oral Health issues can be a source of conflict and stress in families, especially in families with young children. Not...
What Type Of SEO Is Effective?
Every business knows that it takes a huge amount of time and money to maintain a website. However, no one...
4 Reasons to Replace Your Car’s Engine With Performance Parts
Performance parts are the best kind of upgrades you can make to a car. Performance cars have a higher price...
Maximum Power: Update Your Old House For Modern Electrical Needs
An outdated electrical system can wreak havoc on your energy bills and greatly increase your risk of structural damage. If...
Key Techniques To Learn On A First Aid Course
Introduction First aid training is an incredible qualification that can enable one to offer life saving assistance in an emergency....
Best Tips For Managing Your Building and Construction Projects
Building and construction projects consist of many tasks, from job-site duties to office paperwork. Juggling it all can oftentimes be...
Tech6 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech6 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business6 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Travel9 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
General6 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
Tech7 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
Tech6 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
Health8 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition