With the growing importance of fast websites, everyone is trying to get their websites running at blazing speed. At this juncture, if your website is hosted on the Cloud then you should be happy. That’s because in this post, we are going to discuss how to speed up your cloud hosted website with the help of Cloud Hosting Providers.
Unlike Shared, Dedicated or VPS Hosting, Cloud Hosting is a different ball game altogether. It works based on a network of servers. The network has multiple machines, and they are often pulled from various data centres in different locations, giving you ample opportunities to optimize overall performance.
Let’s look at some of the ways that can make a huge difference in page load times.
- Installing Specialized Cache: The way cache works is simple! All it does is stores the view of the webpage that is being accessed in its memory, so that it can be quickly shared with future visitors without having to go through the whole server request-response ordeal. Caching can increase your Page Speed by up to 6 times! It’s also pretty simple to implement and many of the better Cloud Hosting Providers are integrating cache within their Cloud Hosting plans. For instance ResellerClub integrates Varnish Caching in their Cloud Hosting Plans, which is like the best kind of Caching available. So talk to your Hosting Provider and have caching installed at the earliest!
- Make the Best of CDN (Content Delivery Network): A CDN is a network of servers which are spread across a wide geographical area. The way they help is that, whenever a user is trying to access the hosted website data, the Content Delivery Network analyses the location of the user and configures the server geographically closest to the user to serve the requested data. This hugely reduces the latency of data transfer over the network. Cloud Hosting Providers have lately started incorporating CDNs in their overall Cloud Hosting architecture. Having an exhaustive discussion with them to apply it for your site can largely help optimize your site’s speed.
- Check if the Website and Database Reside on the same Data Centre: As CDNs help improve latency with respect to User-Server proximity, same is the deal with your hosted website resources and your database. If the proximity between them is higher, the data transmission between the two is faster. Most Hosting providers disclose where all the elements reside on the cloud. You can make a request to have all your resources in close proximity.
- Upgrading Physical Hardware of the Cloud Network: Cloud Hosting will only perform as good as the underlying hardware. Periodically check the configuration and specifications of the Cloud hardware such as CPUs, type of RAM, storage and memory etc. and if you find that any of the hardware peripherals are outdated or outclassed, notify your Cloud Hosting Provider and put in a request for an upgrade. Yes, Cloud Hosting Providers are responsible for delivering the best possible hardware resources for your Cloud Hosting, but it would not hurt to check every now and then. And with the speed of IT hardware innovation these days, you are bound to find areas of improvement within your Cloud’s hardware configuration.
- De-duplication: Yes, it is known that data duplication and mirroring is essential as a failsafe; but, it also hogs on the network bandwidth whenever traffic associated with data backups is being transmitted. But data duplication cannot be avoided. So the workaround is to mirror data smartly. De-duplication removes network traffic associated with data backups by performing a single complete backup of a given file(s), and then only send changed portions of those files over time, rather than the entire file. Speak to your Cloud Hosting Provider to see if such techniques are in place, which can really help your overall website speed over the Cloud.
That beings said, it is always a good idea to analyse Cloud Hosting Providers thoroughly and select the ones who are implementing such tactics or even support you to set it up for your website over the Cloud. This, coupled with website development best practices like compression, minifying files and scripts etc. can really push the needle further when it comes to page speed. Hope this helps and we would love to hear your thoughts on this in the comments section below!
Best Places To Visit In The North Of England
If you live in England, you will know there are many different places to visit for the weekend. There are...
Green Home Improvement Ideas
In a world where environmental concerns are growing, the concept of “green” has gone beyond a trendy catchphrase and is...
How to Host an Unforgettable House-Warming!
The time has finally come. You have moved into your dream pad, and are officially adulting in your very own...
A Guide to Parking Lot Striping
The journey to a well-striped parking lot begins with the right paint. In this brief guide, we’ll unravel the mystery...
Business Tips For Protecting Your Finances During A Recession
In 2023, taking the necessary steps to protect your finances for your business is now more important than ever. The...
Tips For Cleaning Your Trainers
If you’re into your trainers and streetwear, you’re likely to be very conscious of keeping them looking their best! So,...
Branding Trends For Start-Ups in 2023
Branding is incredibly important as it impacts how your business reaches and connects with its target market. If you’re branding...
Avoiding the Wrong Kind of Growth
Growth is vital for any business – some models, like tech start-ups, are built around periods of dramatic, explosive growth...
How To Become A Property Developer
There are several reasons why an individual will want to become a property developer. One of the main reasons for...
What Is The Difference Between Cyber Attacks and Cyber Threats?
If you own a business that uses the cloud to manage workloads, you have probably heard of the terms cyberattack...
3 Types of Marketing Every Small Construction Business Should Do
Construction is a very saturated sector, whether you’re a large or small construction company, so marketing should be at the...
How Relevant Life Insurance Plans Can Future-Proof Your Business
Last year, UK inflation reached the highest level that it had been for decades. The markets became unsteady and nervous...
In a Car Accident? Here’s How to Find a Great Lawyer
If you’ve recently been in a car accident, you know that it can be an overwhelming experience. Not only do...
Considering Therapy? Here’s a Few Common Therapy Techniques Explained
If you’re considering therapy as a means to improve your mental health, you may be curious about the type of...
Top 5 Home Repairs You Should Never DIY
DIY home repairs are all the rage these days. But before you jump on the bandwagon, there are some things...
Tech9 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech9 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business4 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Business8 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Law3 years ago
How Can A Divorce Lawyer Help You Get Through Divorce?
Tech6 years ago
When To Send Your Bulk Messages?
Tech3 years ago
5 Link Building Strategies You Can Apply For Local SEO
Travel11 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat