After thirty-fives of dedicated service, you finally retired. No doubt, it was a bittersweet parting, copious tears shed, heartfelt hugs exchanged, after all you didn’t spend all your working days in a cocoon! But you’ve got to bow out gracefully at some point, so now you’re looking forward to the next chapter of your life—traveling! Not just any kind of traveling, the thought of overbooked flights, missed connections, long check-in lines and missing luggage doesn’t appeal, what seems to be calling is the open road. So your first retirement present to yourself is a fully-loaded RV. It’s a pretty thing, too. Not like those clunky popups that your parents had. You can hardly wait to take it out on its maiden voyage, but where to go first? There’s so many places; you’re overwhelmed you can’t think straight–fear not! That’s why lists like this exist.
Here’s five top North American RV destinations you won’t want to miss:
1. Acadia National Park, Maine: Located in the northern tip of Maine, this park is situated on Mount Desert Island. One of the most popular destinations in North America, its natural beauty and close proximity to the Atlantic, are just a couple of reasons people flock to this magical respite. But don’t worry about running into your neighbor here, there’s almost 50,000 acres to run around, explore forested trails, rugged coastlines and granite mountains.
2. St. Ignace/Mackinac Island, Michigan: It’s only 3.8 miles, but its riches belie its tiny size. Be prepared to get those legs busy biking or walking here. There’s a ban on automobiles so you’ll get close and personal with this diminutive enclave. Mackinac is a shortened native American word for “big turtle” as in the shape of the island and though it’s small you won’t have to worry about getting island fever here, there’s too much to do: tour Ft. Mackinac, built in 1780, take a ride on a horse-drawn carriage, stay at the Grand Hotel, fans of “Somewhere in Time” will recognize this beautiful building.
3. Gulf Shores, Alabama: If warm coastal waters are beckoning then this is your spot. Let the gentle gulf breezes caress your skin whiles gulls fly lazily over the rolling waves. A beachcomber’s paradise, wait until you get back to Oklahoma and show all your neighbors the little treasures you picked up while on your gulf vacation. Take a dolphin tour, fish until the sun sets on the endless horizon. On second thought, you might not want to return to Broken Arrow, at least not for a week or two.
4. Bryce Canyon Rim, Cannonville, Utah: After these coastal locations, you’re ready to give those sea legs a little break. That’s why you chose a place a little more mountainous, adventurous and let’s just admit it; out of this world! Your friends back home will wonder where on earth you were, Bryce Canyon Rim looks like it was plucked right out of a science fiction movie, the ‘Hoodoo’s’ are beyond otherworldly, bony and reptilian in appearance these spires jut out of the desert floors like the backdrop to a Ray Bradbury novel.
5. Port Angeles/Sequim, Washington: You’re a little dehydrated after all that hiking around those arid canyons and russet-toned escarpments of Utah. As a matter of fact, you’re thirsty just thinking about Utah, good thing you headed north to the coastal oasis of Washington. Sequim, specifically. It’s a funny word, and you better pronounce it skwim or you’ll get those funny looks from the locals. You also got a lot of sun when down in Bryce Canyon and now you’re shedding like a proverbial snake and good reason to come here. It’s beautiful but it’s a kind of beauty that revels in rugged coastal cliffs, verdant rainforests and not a whole lot of sunshine.
You’re exhausted once you reach home, but a good kind of tired, the kind that is rich in memories. Next year you’re thinking you might even have to bring those grandkids along. It would be shame to see all those places without sharing it with everyone you love.
12 Key DevOps Programming Languages to Still Popular in 2022
“DevOps is not a goal, but a never-ending process of continual improvement.” – Jez Humble Delivering the finest of services...
Festival Fashion Style Tips For 2022
Summer is well and truly here and with that comes the festival season! From the biggest stars performing on stage...
7 tips on how to organize a budget-friendly move
If you are planning a move any time soon, you might be worried about all the expenses that wait for...
Metal Roof Colors: How to Select the Best Color for a New Roof
Choosing the right type of material for your roof is enough of a hassle already that the question of choosing...
Simple Ways To Feel More Confident At The Gym
If you are new to the gym, or you haven’t been in a while, sometimes you might not feel completely...
Can You Use Residential Property for Commercial Use
Having extra income, constantly flowing in can make all the difference in the current economy. Getting creative with how you...
Running a Business? How to Minimize Supply Chain Issues
Supply chain issues have always been an issue for businesses but over the last few years, the effect and widespread...
How to Increase Your House Value Before Selling
Increasing home value is the first step to making your place more attractive for future buyers. Whether you are trying...
Why Calorie Control Is Still The Best Way To Diet
There are a great deal of different options when it comes to dieting, every day there seems to be a...
The Benefits Of Trade Credit Insurance For Your Business
Trade credit insurance provides cover for businesses who trade on a credit basis. If the people who owe money for...
5 Charming Restaurant Decor Ideas In 2022
Making your restaurant memorable and stand out is a feat worthy of praise. The sheer pressure of wanting to succeed...
Bank Won’t Fund Your Business? 4 Loan Alternatives To Get You Started
Businesses typically require some sort of collateral or proof of concept before funding their business venture. However, it is possible...
Planning A Stag Do
If you’re a Best Man then you’re in a unique position of responsibility, and before the day itself when you’ll...
What Triggers Eczema | Tips to Reduce Eczema Flare-Ups
Eczema is a skin condition that can induce redness, itchiness, and skin inflammation. Its root cause is not fully understood,...
Women’s Fashion Trends To Expect In 2022
A new year means new fashion trends. We cannot wait for what is in store in 2022. It seems that...
Tech7 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech7 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business6 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Business2 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Travel10 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
General7 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
Tech8 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
Tech7 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists