After thirty-fives of dedicated service, you finally retired. No doubt, it was a bittersweet parting, copious tears shed, heartfelt hugs exchanged, after all you didn’t spend all your working days in a cocoon! But you’ve got to bow out gracefully at some point, so now you’re looking forward to the next chapter of your life—traveling! Not just any kind of traveling, the thought of overbooked flights, missed connections, long check-in lines and missing luggage doesn’t appeal, what seems to be calling is the open road. So your first retirement present to yourself is a fully-loaded RV. It’s a pretty thing, too. Not like those clunky popups that your parents had. You can hardly wait to take it out on its maiden voyage, but where to go first? There’s so many places; you’re overwhelmed you can’t think straight–fear not! That’s why lists like this exist.
Here’s five top North American RV destinations you won’t want to miss:
1. Acadia National Park, Maine: Located in the northern tip of Maine, this park is situated on Mount Desert Island. One of the most popular destinations in North America, its natural beauty and close proximity to the Atlantic, are just a couple of reasons people flock to this magical respite. But don’t worry about running into your neighbor here, there’s almost 50,000 acres to run around, explore forested trails, rugged coastlines and granite mountains.
2. St. Ignace/Mackinac Island, Michigan: It’s only 3.8 miles, but its riches belie its tiny size. Be prepared to get those legs busy biking or walking here. There’s a ban on automobiles so you’ll get close and personal with this diminutive enclave. Mackinac is a shortened native American word for “big turtle” as in the shape of the island and though it’s small you won’t have to worry about getting island fever here, there’s too much to do: tour Ft. Mackinac, built in 1780, take a ride on a horse-drawn carriage, stay at the Grand Hotel, fans of “Somewhere in Time” will recognize this beautiful building.
3. Gulf Shores, Alabama: If warm coastal waters are beckoning then this is your spot. Let the gentle gulf breezes caress your skin whiles gulls fly lazily over the rolling waves. A beachcomber’s paradise, wait until you get back to Oklahoma and show all your neighbors the little treasures you picked up while on your gulf vacation. Take a dolphin tour, fish until the sun sets on the endless horizon. On second thought, you might not want to return to Broken Arrow, at least not for a week or two.
4. Bryce Canyon Rim, Cannonville, Utah: After these coastal locations, you’re ready to give those sea legs a little break. That’s why you chose a place a little more mountainous, adventurous and let’s just admit it; out of this world! Your friends back home will wonder where on earth you were, Bryce Canyon Rim looks like it was plucked right out of a science fiction movie, the ‘Hoodoo’s’ are beyond otherworldly, bony and reptilian in appearance these spires jut out of the desert floors like the backdrop to a Ray Bradbury novel.
5. Port Angeles/Sequim, Washington: You’re a little dehydrated after all that hiking around those arid canyons and russet-toned escarpments of Utah. As a matter of fact, you’re thirsty just thinking about Utah, good thing you headed north to the coastal oasis of Washington. Sequim, specifically. It’s a funny word, and you better pronounce it skwim or you’ll get those funny looks from the locals. You also got a lot of sun when down in Bryce Canyon and now you’re shedding like a proverbial snake and good reason to come here. It’s beautiful but it’s a kind of beauty that revels in rugged coastal cliffs, verdant rainforests and not a whole lot of sunshine.
You’re exhausted once you reach home, but a good kind of tired, the kind that is rich in memories. Next year you’re thinking you might even have to bring those grandkids along. It would be shame to see all those places without sharing it with everyone you love.
How to Combine Traditional and Modern Furniture With Style
Are you in love with both traditional and modern furniture styles? Do you feel like you can’t decide between those...
How to Organize Your Garage
Do you have so much stuff in your garage, your car is left out in the cold? Keep reading. Your...
Tips On Preventing Accidents In The Workplace and Keep Your Employees Safe
Preventing accidents in the workplace is both the moral and ethical responsibility of every employer. Knowing that there’s a safety...
4 Surprising Ways SaaS Can Be A Game Changer For Small Business
The World Wide Web will never run out of tips and strategies on how to grow your business. These days,...
Understanding SaaS, PaaS, IaaS Prior to Selecting One For Your Business
Summary: Cloud Computing is rising at a faster pace, and it’s crucially important for organizations to move to the Cloud...
5 Tips to Avoid Federal Tax Penalty For Taxpayers
When you are undergoing a tax issue, then it is vital to have knowledge of what are you up against...
Spy App For Android A Tool For Keeping Workplace
Dealing with routine matters has been a lot easier and stress-free thanks to modern technology. Want to order food, use...
How to Create A Backyard Zen Oasis
The lifestyle of the modern era usually depletes one’s energy by the time they get home from work. Whether or...
Mistakes You Need to Avoid When Preparing Your CV
Writing a CV can be hard. You have to somehow condense all your experience into 1 or 2 A4 pages....
Home Decor Trends For 2021: What You Can Expect
This year, the Covid pandemic has had a huge impact on many different industries and sectors and one which has...
5 Ways to Protect Your Teeth This Christmas
Christmas is just around the corner and the preparations are well underway for the festive day, even if it is...
How to Create A Referral Marketing Program In 6 Easy Steps
You may have heard of the benefits of a referral program. Besides helping you attract more traffic to your website,...
5 Important Web Design Considerations to Make For Better SEO
Ever since the birth of search engines, practices in optimising websites for better search rankings have changed considerably. Where it...
4 Reasons For Your Teeth Becoming Sensitive
Having sensitive teeth can be a common issue for many, but it can also be a sign that you have...
How To Keep Your Business Clean & Sanitised
If your business offers any kind of public-facing services, then you will likely be thinking a lot more about the...
- Tech6 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech6 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business5 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel9 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General6 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech7 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Tech6 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Health7 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition