Sometimes it is obvious that your cat needs medical attention, for example, if it has had an accident or is showing visible signs of distress. However, your feline friend may also exhibit more subtle but equally as important signs that he or she needs to visit the vet.
Some of the key signs to be aware of are listed below;
- Excessive meowing It’s not unusual for cats to become increasingly vocal when they are trying to get your attention, but this can also be your cat telling you something is amiss. If your cat continues to meow excessively even after all of her needs have been met (check she has food and water, play with her and give her attention if this is what she is asking for) then it could be an indication that something is not right.
- Difficulty using the litter box. If your cat is straining when using the litter box this could be a sign that there is something wrong. If your cat is having difficulty urinating or defecating it could be a sign of constipation, urinary tract infections or for male cats – obstruction. Obstruction of the urinary system can be life threatening, so if you notice your cat is having a lot of difficulty urinating you should get him to the vet immediately. If left untreated an obstructed bladder can cause kidney failure and even death.
- Difficulty breathing. It is not uncommon for cats to grow stuffy and exhibit common cold symptoms such as a runny nose and crusty eyes, however, very labored breathing could be a symptom of something much worse. A healthy cat should show barely detectable signs of breathing, but if your cat is resting and showing signs of increased respiratory effort or distress, then you need to get her to the vet straight away. In particular, a cat breathing with his or her mouth open is a sign that something is very wrong so you should seek help straight away. Open-mouthed breathing could be a warning sign of fluid in the lung tissue- pulmonary edema- or fluid between the lungs and the chest wall- pleural effusion, both of which need attention immediately.
- Increased sleep. Cats are happy to sleep for up to 16 hours a day, but if your cat is placing sleep as a priority above eating, drinking or playing then something is not right. Your cat should not go for more than two days without eating as failure to eat or drink for an extended period of time could cause fatal problems for her. Not eating can result in metabolic diseases such as hepatic lipidosis, which can cause life threatening liver failure in cats.
- Any symptom that lasts for more than 48 hours or gets drastically worse. Always monitor your cat if it is showing any signs or symptoms of illness. If there is a particular symptom that has lasted for 48 hours or longer, or you notice that it has suddenly become much worse then you should seek medical advice from your vet straight away. Signs to look out for include; vomiting, limping, diarrhea, poor appetite, runny eyes, snotty nose and excessive sleeping.
Should you Buy Real Estate at the End of 2020
Experts analyzed the prospects and possible scenarios for the development of events. Residents of the US are warned about the...
How To Be A Confident Person
Attractive, confident, funny, charismatic. These are some characteristics that define an alpha individual. While we all know what the goal...
Why Do Cats Get Diarrhea?
If you’re a pet owner, then you’ll know that one of the most common problems you need to deal with...
Common Reasons For Visiting An Orthopaedic Surgeon
Have you suffered regular knee or back pain? Do you feel tired or stiff for a long time after resting...
Best Wholesale Beauty Product Suppliers In 2020
Beauty products include a range of goods that are used to care and enhance the appearance of your face, hair,...
Big Things A Digital Marketing Business Conducts
The customary word “ad” is defined as a communication procedure between the group of onlookers and the imminent business moving...
International Shipping In A Global Pandemic
The Covid-19 pandemic completely turned the world on its head, in more ways than one. Beyond the devastating medical challenges,...
8 Ways To Reduce Stoke Risk
Stroke is the fifth leading cause of death in the United States. To help you understand how severe and common...
Top Whey Protein Recipes To Lose Your Body Fat
Losing weight and keeping the kilos off is not an easy thing to do. Everything from what you consume to...
5 Amazing SEO Tools to Spy On Your Competitor’s Website
So, you’re running an online business, and you surely want your business to get the best results. But, there are...
Keep .eu Domain After Brexit
Domains are becoming as essential as someone’s own home in the world of internet. Internet users are always looking for...
How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar With Mother To Maximize The Health Benefits
Apple cider vinegar is used in many different household chores like floor washing, cleaning, doing dishes, vegetables and fruits washing,...
8 Tips from Dermatologists For Gorgeous Skin
We all wish of a flawless and glowing skin, but it’s not always easy to figure out the skin care...
Uterine Fibroids: What Are Its Causes, Symptoms, and Treatments?
Uterine Fibroids are non-cancerous tumors that develops in a woman’s uterus. They are also called leiomyomas or myomas and appear...
Electric Stove or Gas Stove? Which One is Better?
While remodeling your kitchen to include some kitchen essentials or buying a whole new house, you might be comparing electric...
- Tech5 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech5 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business5 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel8 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General5 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech5 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Tech6 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Health7 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition