Engine rebuilders work, see and believe in solid things. They keep overhauling engines day in and day out and keep churning out cheaper engines that help people save money.
However, these folks are not alwayts virtual-savvy. They make basic calling card websites and do not pay much attention to them thereafter. So, especially for these folks, here is a checklist that will help them create very useful and friendly websites:
Website Usability Checklist
Every website page must load in quick time – in a couple of seconds. So, ensure that each webpage is anywhere between 100-150 kb in size (excluding CSS and images).
- Is the text readable? Or, have you used a background that does not contrast with the text?
- Is your font spacing and size just right? You don’t want to turn away visitors because you messed up your type.
- Have you used Flash sparingly? Flash takes long to load and works well mostly for gaming, entertainment and multimedia sites.
- Have you got all your tags (Title, description, H1, H2, alt) written in a user- and search engine-friendly manner?
- Does your site have 301 redirects and customized Not-Found page (404 page)?
- Have you placed your logo in a prominent area? Is it linked to the home page?
- Can your visitors understand, within seconds, what each website page is all about?
- Have you created an absolutely impressive About Us page that inspires confidence in your visitors?
- Have you properly listed your contact information (phone, email, web form, physical address)?
- Is your site easy to navigate? If it isn’t you’ll lose traffic.
- Is your navigation menu concise? You should ideally restrict your site to 7-8 main categories.
- Are all your call-to-action buttons big, bold and beautiful?
- Are all the links blue and underlined?
- Is you site search efficient? Have you placed it in a prominent area (upper right hand corner)?
- Have you included headings (H1 tag) and subheadings (H2 tag) for each page? These can make for some awesome SEO.
- Does your main content appear above the fold? Pushing it below the immediately-viewable screen area will irritate visitors.
- Is your website’s color scheme consistent?
- Have you stuffed your site with ads and pop-ups? For heaven’s sake – don’t.
- Have you posted great content that reads like it is written by a professional writer, and in native English?
- Have you included meaningful keyphrases in each URL?
- Have you ensured that your URLs do not contain junk characters?
So, well, follow this checklist to create a robust rebuilt engines website that appeals to both users and search engines.
- License: Royalty Free or iStock source: http://officeimg.vo.msecnd.net/en-us/images/MH900315431.jpg
Karl H. Clark is a blogger with a fetish for building websites and rebuilt engines for cars and trucks (don’t ask us why).
Why Is Quantity Surveying Essential in Construction Industry
Quantity surveying is an essential part of the Australian construction industry. It is the process of calculating and estimating the...
How to Maintain Upholstered Furniture
No matter if you have pets or kids, maintaining your upholstered furniture is quite a challenge. Even though vacuuming it...
How Do I Find a Good Bubble.io Developer?
Finding a good bubble developer to help build your app or digital product can seem challenging. How can you choose...
When is a right time for home repairs?
Summer is a popular time for a renovation around the globe. While it is true that bright days and warm...
Top 15 Alteryx Competitors
The world has seen a tremendous rise in startups and new incorporations in the business world. Companies have great potential...
Latest Wedding Trends for 2023
If you’re planning on getting married this year, chances are you’re probably overwhelmed and confused when it comes to wedding...
Tips To Make The Most Of Your City Break In London!
London is one of the best cities in the world, known for its quintessentially British culture, great nightlife, fantastic museums...
The Ultimate Guide To Packing For A Trip To London
London is one of the best cities in the world, known for it’s rich history, quintessentially British culture, the best...
Top 15 Web Development IDEs
The web development field has seen sustainable growth throughout the years. As technology is advancing, so is the web development...
12 Key DevOps Programming Languages to Still Popular in 2022
“DevOps is not a goal, but a never-ending process of continual improvement.” – Jez Humble Delivering the finest of services...
Festival Fashion Style Tips For 2022
Summer is well and truly here and with that comes the festival season! From the biggest stars performing on stage...
4 Tips For Making Your Wardrobe More Sustainable
Everyone is trying to make more of an effort to make their wardrobe more sustainable, but often are unsure where...
7 tips on how to organize a budget-friendly move
If you are planning a move any time soon, you might be worried about all the expenses that wait for...
Metal Roof Colors: How to Select the Best Color for a New Roof
Choosing the right type of material for your roof is enough of a hassle already that the question of choosing...
Simple Ways To Feel More Confident At The Gym
If you are new to the gym, or you haven’t been in a while, sometimes you might not feel completely...
Tech7 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech7 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business7 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Business3 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Travel10 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
General7 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
Tech8 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
Tech7 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists