Engine rebuilders work, see and believe in solid things. They keep overhauling engines day in and day out and keep churning out cheaper engines that help people save money.
However, these folks are not alwayts virtual-savvy. They make basic calling card websites and do not pay much attention to them thereafter. So, especially for these folks, here is a checklist that will help them create very useful and friendly websites:
Website Usability Checklist
Every website page must load in quick time – in a couple of seconds. So, ensure that each webpage is anywhere between 100-150 kb in size (excluding CSS and images).
- Is the text readable? Or, have you used a background that does not contrast with the text?
- Is your font spacing and size just right? You don’t want to turn away visitors because you messed up your type.
- Have you used Flash sparingly? Flash takes long to load and works well mostly for gaming, entertainment and multimedia sites.
- Have you got all your tags (Title, description, H1, H2, alt) written in a user- and search engine-friendly manner?
- Does your site have 301 redirects and customized Not-Found page (404 page)?
- Have you placed your logo in a prominent area? Is it linked to the home page?
- Can your visitors understand, within seconds, what each website page is all about?
- Have you created an absolutely impressive About Us page that inspires confidence in your visitors?
- Have you properly listed your contact information (phone, email, web form, physical address)?
- Is your site easy to navigate? If it isn’t you’ll lose traffic.
- Is your navigation menu concise? You should ideally restrict your site to 7-8 main categories.
- Are all your call-to-action buttons big, bold and beautiful?
- Are all the links blue and underlined?
- Is you site search efficient? Have you placed it in a prominent area (upper right hand corner)?
- Have you included headings (H1 tag) and subheadings (H2 tag) for each page? These can make for some awesome SEO.
- Does your main content appear above the fold? Pushing it below the immediately-viewable screen area will irritate visitors.
- Is your website’s color scheme consistent?
- Have you stuffed your site with ads and pop-ups? For heaven’s sake – don’t.
- Have you posted great content that reads like it is written by a professional writer, and in native English?
- Have you included meaningful keyphrases in each URL?
- Have you ensured that your URLs do not contain junk characters?
So, well, follow this checklist to create a robust rebuilt engines website that appeals to both users and search engines.
- License: Royalty Free or iStock source: http://officeimg.vo.msecnd.net/en-us/images/MH900315431.jpg
Karl H. Clark is a blogger with a fetish for building websites and rebuilt engines for cars and trucks (don’t ask us why).
Best Places To Visit In The North Of England
If you live in England, you will know there are many different places to visit for the weekend. There are...
Green Home Improvement Ideas
In a world where environmental concerns are growing, the concept of “green” has gone beyond a trendy catchphrase and is...
How to Host an Unforgettable House-Warming!
The time has finally come. You have moved into your dream pad, and are officially adulting in your very own...
A Guide to Parking Lot Striping
The journey to a well-striped parking lot begins with the right paint. In this brief guide, we’ll unravel the mystery...
Business Tips For Protecting Your Finances During A Recession
In 2023, taking the necessary steps to protect your finances for your business is now more important than ever. The...
Tips For Cleaning Your Trainers
If you’re into your trainers and streetwear, you’re likely to be very conscious of keeping them looking their best! So,...
Branding Trends For Start-Ups in 2023
Branding is incredibly important as it impacts how your business reaches and connects with its target market. If you’re branding...
Avoiding the Wrong Kind of Growth
Growth is vital for any business – some models, like tech start-ups, are built around periods of dramatic, explosive growth...
How To Become A Property Developer
There are several reasons why an individual will want to become a property developer. One of the main reasons for...
What Is The Difference Between Cyber Attacks and Cyber Threats?
If you own a business that uses the cloud to manage workloads, you have probably heard of the terms cyberattack...
3 Types of Marketing Every Small Construction Business Should Do
Construction is a very saturated sector, whether you’re a large or small construction company, so marketing should be at the...
How Relevant Life Insurance Plans Can Future-Proof Your Business
Last year, UK inflation reached the highest level that it had been for decades. The markets became unsteady and nervous...
In a Car Accident? Here’s How to Find a Great Lawyer
If you’ve recently been in a car accident, you know that it can be an overwhelming experience. Not only do...
Considering Therapy? Here’s a Few Common Therapy Techniques Explained
If you’re considering therapy as a means to improve your mental health, you may be curious about the type of...
Top 5 Home Repairs You Should Never DIY
DIY home repairs are all the rage these days. But before you jump on the bandwagon, there are some things...
Tech9 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech9 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business4 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Business8 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Law3 years ago
How Can A Divorce Lawyer Help You Get Through Divorce?
Tech6 years ago
When To Send Your Bulk Messages?
Tech3 years ago
5 Link Building Strategies You Can Apply For Local SEO
Travel11 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat