It is said the cops in Mumbai will forgive you for all minor misdemeanours but will never let you go scot free if you drink and drive. In a city that is known for its amazing nightlife and multitude of partying joints, it comes as a bit of a pleasant surprise that the police force is vigilantly guarding its citizens’ lives. If you are returning from one of the many events in Mumbai that are organized every single day, then here are a few things you need to keep in mind, especially if alcohol was served at the event.
- Car-pooling is not only environment-friendly, but also a sensible way to travel when many people have to go to the same destination. So, instead of adding to the car parking woes and spending precious currency in filling multiple cars, choose amongst yourselves one person, who can take as many of you as possible in his/her car. The added benefit is, just one person need be sober, and the rest can indulge in their enjoyment!
- Electing to have one driver who does is a teetotaller or who has decided not to drink for that evening is a very wise decision. In a large group, there may be some, who generally don’t drink, and it’s no big problem for them to drive after the party is over. But, if everyone in a group is fond of a peg or two, then take turns be the designated owner when the same group meets for multiple events. In that way, one person need not always miss out on his/her share of fun.
- When you are at the event, you should try and watch how many mugs or glasses or liquor you have. This is not an easy task! But remember you need to get back home where your loved ones would be waiting for you and that should be motivation enough for you to drink responsibly. Also, take the responsibility to check how much your friends are drinking and ask someone to do the same for you.
- The kind of drinks you have also makes a difference. Some people are satisfied with a few mugs of beer, but some don’t consider it a good party until they’ve drained the whole good bottle of whiskey! It is indeed fun to enjoy the finer tasting liquors and unwinding at home, but attending functions and events, which are far, is another matter. Stick to the drinks that have lower alcohol content or have cocktails instead of hard liquor to reduce the effect of the alcohol with some fruit juice. It is also important to have plenty of water after drinking.
- Another tip, that can help you drink responsibly, is to eat while drinking. Consuming alcohol on an empty stomach or mistaking hunger pangs for the need to drink can easily be avoided if you eat a little food but at regular intervals.
These tips can be used by people partying anywhere, not just Mumbai. But, if you keep these in mind, you are sure to enjoy more of the vibrant city of Mumbai than you would curl in your bed with a hangover! About the author– The author is a regular invite to social parties and works as a events in Mumbai. Her columns are often featured in eventshigh.
The Greatest Night Clubs in Las Vegas for Bottle Service
Las Vegas is loaded with the dance club and picking one can be a significant undertaking for somebody who is...
Why is Investing in Healthcare is the Best Option for Medical Professionals?
Healthcare industry is considered as one of India’s largest sectors, both regarding employment and revenue generation. It is expected to...
The need and use of the Vial Box
There are a lot of healthcare professionals and caregivers that have to assist the living facilities and there are a...
How To Buy an Abstract Rug Online and Avoid the Mistakes Involved
We are currently living in the golden age of nesting. Especially as part of the millennial generation, we gravitate towards...
Begin Your Love Story With Disabled Dating
We want you to know – you aren’t DISABLED, you are just differently-abled because the only disability in life is...
Are You Selling at Least The Basics To A Beach Vacationer
In winter, a lot of people travel to major attractions such as warm beaches. These travelers often have to pack...
What You Need to Know Before Starting a Business
Congratulations, you did it. You decided to quit your day job and start a business. Being your own boss is...
.Net 3.1 Latest Features Released By Microsoft
.Net 3.1 Latest Features Released By Microsoft The latest version of .net core 3.1 has been released by Microsoft that...
BEST SPORTS FOR KIDS TO ENGAGE IN THIS YEAR
We are in a generation where our children are living an inactive lifestyle with very minimal or no sort of...
Buying a Strata Property – Is it a Good Investment for You
Buying a strata property is a scenario where you purchase a small portion of the complex and get access to...
What You Should Know About Google’s New VR/AR Features for the Web and Mobile Applications
Virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) are emerging technologies that provide users with a wide range of unique and...
Get the Kitchen of Your Dreams with the Best Remodeling Tips
Get the Kitchen of Your Dreams Among all the rooms of the house, the kitchen is the most versatile. It...
What does a Cyber Security Specialist do?
In our current reality, where a Security Guard ensures resources and a Bodyguard ensures individuals, a Cyber Security Specialist shields...
Why Would You Hire A Holiday Lights Service? Why Not?
The holidays bring us the tradition of baking, shopping, wrapping, parties, Christmas pageants and parades, tree decorating, and hanging lights....
Keep in Mind the Important Things Before Planning an Event
When thinking of the hire of a screen, don’t forget to look at how it is going to be presented....
- Tech5 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech5 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business4 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel8 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General5 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech5 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Tech6 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Health6 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition