It is said the cops in Mumbai will forgive you for all minor misdemeanours but will never let you go scot free if you drink and drive. In a city that is known for its amazing nightlife and multitude of partying joints, it comes as a bit of a pleasant surprise that the police force is vigilantly guarding its citizens’ lives. If you are returning from one of the many events in Mumbai that are organized every single day, then here are a few things you need to keep in mind, especially if alcohol was served at the event.
- Car-pooling is not only environment-friendly, but also a sensible way to travel when many people have to go to the same destination. So, instead of adding to the car parking woes and spending precious currency in filling multiple cars, choose amongst yourselves one person, who can take as many of you as possible in his/her car. The added benefit is, just one person need be sober, and the rest can indulge in their enjoyment!
- Electing to have one driver who does is a teetotaller or who has decided not to drink for that evening is a very wise decision. In a large group, there may be some, who generally don’t drink, and it’s no big problem for them to drive after the party is over. But, if everyone in a group is fond of a peg or two, then take turns be the designated owner when the same group meets for multiple events. In that way, one person need not always miss out on his/her share of fun.
- When you are at the event, you should try and watch how many mugs or glasses or liquor you have. This is not an easy task! But remember you need to get back home where your loved ones would be waiting for you and that should be motivation enough for you to drink responsibly. Also, take the responsibility to check how much your friends are drinking and ask someone to do the same for you.
- The kind of drinks you have also makes a difference. Some people are satisfied with a few mugs of beer, but some don’t consider it a good party until they’ve drained the whole good bottle of whiskey! It is indeed fun to enjoy the finer tasting liquors and unwinding at home, but attending functions and events, which are far, is another matter. Stick to the drinks that have lower alcohol content or have cocktails instead of hard liquor to reduce the effect of the alcohol with some fruit juice. It is also important to have plenty of water after drinking.
- Another tip, that can help you drink responsibly, is to eat while drinking. Consuming alcohol on an empty stomach or mistaking hunger pangs for the need to drink can easily be avoided if you eat a little food but at regular intervals.
These tips can be used by people partying anywhere, not just Mumbai. But, if you keep these in mind, you are sure to enjoy more of the vibrant city of Mumbai than you would curl in your bed with a hangover! About the author– The author is a regular invite to social parties and works as a events in Mumbai. Her columns are often featured in eventshigh.
Reasons Why Men and Women Undergo Eyelid Surgery
As the skin ages, the muscles supporting our eyelids weaken and gradually loses their elasticity, which is likely to cause...
5 Link Building Strategies You Can Apply For Local SEO
It is common for business owners to aim for an increase in sales and revenue. This also explains why many...
Top mCommerce Development Company In India
The current pandemic of COVID-19 has made us realize the need for mobile applications for our business. In today’s time,...
Why Localization Testing Is Becoming Necessary For Applications
Many organizations are trying to expand beyond the local boundaries and move towards globalization. Finding relevant customer base, setting up...
Online Job Ideas to Earn Money As A Student or Unemployed Person beyond COVID19
Many students and unemployed people are searching online about the ways to make money online in various countries. After the...
Health Informatics – The Strong Future of Healthcare
“The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease.” – Voltaire Check across any industry...
Is Your Small Business Ready For Its 2020 Budget?
A small business may not be able to take on large corporations in terms of figures on the paper, but...
Garden Shed Buying Guide
Are you searching for the best and attractive solution for storing the extra items of the house? Do you also...
6 Most Common Gynaecology Surgeries and Procedures
Have you been advised by your Singapore gynaecologist that to further examine a GYN problem, you need a procedure? You...
3 Keys If You Want to Look Better
Are you generally happy with your look these days? In the event you said no, what steps can you take...
What Can You Do to Strengthen Your Business?
Operating a business means you have a lot of weight on your shoulders to say the least. With that in...
Should You Buy Real Estate At The End Of 2020
Experts analyzed the prospects and possible scenarios for the development of events. Residents of the US are warned about the...
How To Be A Confident Person
Attractive, confident, funny, charismatic. These are some characteristics that define an alpha individual. While we all know what the goal...
Why Do Cats Get Diarrhea?
If you’re a pet owner, then you’ll know that one of the most common problems you need to deal with...
Common Reasons For Visiting An Orthopaedic Surgeon
Have you suffered regular knee or back pain? Do you feel tired or stiff for a long time after resting...
- Tech5 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech5 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business5 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel8 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General5 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech6 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Tech5 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Health7 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition