It is said the cops in Mumbai will forgive you for all minor misdemeanours but will never let you go scot free if you drink and drive. In a city that is known for its amazing nightlife and multitude of partying joints, it comes as a bit of a pleasant surprise that the police force is vigilantly guarding its citizens’ lives. If you are returning from one of the many events in Mumbai that are organized every single day, then here are a few things you need to keep in mind, especially if alcohol was served at the event.
- Car-pooling is not only environment-friendly, but also a sensible way to travel when many people have to go to the same destination. So, instead of adding to the car parking woes and spending precious currency in filling multiple cars, choose amongst yourselves one person, who can take as many of you as possible in his/her car. The added benefit is, just one person need be sober, and the rest can indulge in their enjoyment!
- Electing to have one driver who does is a teetotaller or who has decided not to drink for that evening is a very wise decision. In a large group, there may be some, who generally don’t drink, and it’s no big problem for them to drive after the party is over. But, if everyone in a group is fond of a peg or two, then take turns be the designated owner when the same group meets for multiple events. In that way, one person need not always miss out on his/her share of fun.
- When you are at the event, you should try and watch how many mugs or glasses or liquor you have. This is not an easy task! But remember you need to get back home where your loved ones would be waiting for you and that should be motivation enough for you to drink responsibly. Also, take the responsibility to check how much your friends are drinking and ask someone to do the same for you.
- The kind of drinks you have also makes a difference. Some people are satisfied with a few mugs of beer, but some don’t consider it a good party until they’ve drained the whole good bottle of whiskey! It is indeed fun to enjoy the finer tasting liquors and unwinding at home, but attending functions and events, which are far, is another matter. Stick to the drinks that have lower alcohol content or have cocktails instead of hard liquor to reduce the effect of the alcohol with some fruit juice. It is also important to have plenty of water after drinking.
- Another tip, that can help you drink responsibly, is to eat while drinking. Consuming alcohol on an empty stomach or mistaking hunger pangs for the need to drink can easily be avoided if you eat a little food but at regular intervals.
These tips can be used by people partying anywhere, not just Mumbai. But, if you keep these in mind, you are sure to enjoy more of the vibrant city of Mumbai than you would curl in your bed with a hangover! About the author– The author is a regular invite to social parties and works as a events in Mumbai. Her columns are often featured in eventshigh.
How to Combine Traditional and Modern Furniture With Style
Are you in love with both traditional and modern furniture styles? Do you feel like you can’t decide between those...
Must-Have Womens Weekend Away Accessories
If you’re planning a weekend away, there are a few essentials that will keep you looking stylish whilst also being...
How to Organize Your Garage
Do you have so much stuff in your garage, your car is left out in the cold? Keep reading. Your...
Tips On Preventing Accidents In The Workplace and Keep Your Employees Safe
Preventing accidents in the workplace is both the moral and ethical responsibility of every employer. Knowing that there’s a safety...
4 Surprising Ways SaaS Can Be A Game Changer For Small Business
The World Wide Web will never run out of tips and strategies on how to grow your business. These days,...
Understanding SaaS, PaaS, IaaS Prior to Selecting One For Your Business
Summary: Cloud Computing is rising at a faster pace, and it’s crucially important for organizations to move to the Cloud...
5 Tips to Avoid Federal Tax Penalty For Taxpayers
When you are undergoing a tax issue, then it is vital to have knowledge of what are you up against...
Spy App For Android A Tool For Keeping Workplace
Dealing with routine matters has been a lot easier and stress-free thanks to modern technology. Want to order food, use...
How to Create A Backyard Zen Oasis
The lifestyle of the modern era usually depletes one’s energy by the time they get home from work. Whether or...
Mistakes You Need to Avoid When Preparing Your CV
Writing a CV can be hard. You have to somehow condense all your experience into 1 or 2 A4 pages....
Home Decor Trends For 2021: What You Can Expect
This year, the Covid pandemic has had a huge impact on many different industries and sectors and one which has...
5 Ways to Protect Your Teeth This Christmas
Christmas is just around the corner and the preparations are well underway for the festive day, even if it is...
How to Create A Referral Marketing Program In 6 Easy Steps
You may have heard of the benefits of a referral program. Besides helping you attract more traffic to your website,...
5 Important Web Design Considerations to Make For Better SEO
Ever since the birth of search engines, practices in optimising websites for better search rankings have changed considerably. Where it...
4 Reasons For Your Teeth Becoming Sensitive
Having sensitive teeth can be a common issue for many, but it can also be a sign that you have...
- Tech6 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech6 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business5 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel9 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General6 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech7 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Tech6 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Health7 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition