It is said the cops in Mumbai will forgive you for all minor misdemeanours but will never let you go scot free if you drink and drive. In a city that is known for its amazing nightlife and multitude of partying joints, it comes as a bit of a pleasant surprise that the police force is vigilantly guarding its citizens’ lives. If you are returning from one of the many events in Mumbai that are organized every single day, then here are a few things you need to keep in mind, especially if alcohol was served at the event.
- Car-pooling is not only environment-friendly, but also a sensible way to travel when many people have to go to the same destination. So, instead of adding to the car parking woes and spending precious currency in filling multiple cars, choose amongst yourselves one person, who can take as many of you as possible in his/her car. The added benefit is, just one person need be sober, and the rest can indulge in their enjoyment!
- Electing to have one driver who does is a teetotaller or who has decided not to drink for that evening is a very wise decision. In a large group, there may be some, who generally don’t drink, and it’s no big problem for them to drive after the party is over. But, if everyone in a group is fond of a peg or two, then take turns be the designated owner when the same group meets for multiple events. In that way, one person need not always miss out on his/her share of fun.
- When you are at the event, you should try and watch how many mugs or glasses or liquor you have. This is not an easy task! But remember you need to get back home where your loved ones would be waiting for you and that should be motivation enough for you to drink responsibly. Also, take the responsibility to check how much your friends are drinking and ask someone to do the same for you.
- The kind of drinks you have also makes a difference. Some people are satisfied with a few mugs of beer, but some don’t consider it a good party until they’ve drained the whole good bottle of whiskey! It is indeed fun to enjoy the finer tasting liquors and unwinding at home, but attending functions and events, which are far, is another matter. Stick to the drinks that have lower alcohol content or have cocktails instead of hard liquor to reduce the effect of the alcohol with some fruit juice. It is also important to have plenty of water after drinking.
- Another tip, that can help you drink responsibly, is to eat while drinking. Consuming alcohol on an empty stomach or mistaking hunger pangs for the need to drink can easily be avoided if you eat a little food but at regular intervals.
These tips can be used by people partying anywhere, not just Mumbai. But, if you keep these in mind, you are sure to enjoy more of the vibrant city of Mumbai than you would curl in your bed with a hangover! About the author– The author is a regular invite to social parties and works as a events in Mumbai. Her columns are often featured in eventshigh.
Conveyor Belt Systems: 6 Ways to Improve Efficiency
You might think that conveyor belt systems cannot be improved because of the simplicity of their design. After all, how...
3D Rendering Terminology: Guide For Architects to Communicate With CG Artists
When chipping away at a building representation project, a modeler and a 3D delivering worker for hire need to see...
Learn and Become A Professional DevOps Engineer!
Have you been having a tough time deciding what you want to do when you grow up? Once your school...
Debunking The Common Myths About Cosmetic Surgery
Just a few years back, plastic surgery was thought to be some kind of sorcery or something that existed in...
How to Choose The Right Type Of Flooring For Your New Home
Building a house from scratch can be a tedious and stressful process even though you know you are doing something...
3 Ways To Style An Oversized White Shirt This Summer
If there is one staple item you need ready for your summer wardrobe, it’s an oversized white shirt. They are...
5 Tips For Picking The Perfect Wedding Ring
Your big day is coming up for your wedding day and you set the standards too high with your engagement...
What’s That Thing Called? All You Need to Know About Your Car’s Lift Struts
Imagine you’re out for grocery shopping or a weekend outing with family, and you need to load your shopping or...
10 Places to Explore In Ahmedabad Gujarat India
In the state of Gujarat Ahmedabad or Ahmedabad is a significant region and one of the very prominent city areas...
Men’s Top Fashion Trends To Be Following Spring/Summer 2021
With us all being in lockdown on and off for a year, people are starting to get excited for the...
Find Blog Post Ideas Using Google Keyword Planner
Being a successful blogger means that you have to create captivating and original content that will be helpful to your...
Best Vegan Egg Alternatives For Baking
In recent years there has been a dramatic increase in veganism due to its numerous health benefits. People are much...
7 Smart Storage Solutions For A Small Bathroom
A small bathroom can be such a nuisance. You never have the space you need and everything seems to be...
What Are The Better Ways Of Building Data Lakes? : The Right Way Is Critical
The pattern is the main period that each enterprise needs to be conscious of if they need to generate greater...
Everything You Need to Think About Before The Road Trip
Road trips are perhaps the most flexible vacation format: they can be as long or fast, intense or relaxed, planned...
- Tech6 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech6 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business5 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel9 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General6 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech7 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Tech6 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Health7 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition