Safe and secure packaging is essential in order to assure integrity of contents. Packaging is also a means of selling. The more attractive and eye-catching it is the more tempted buyers will be to try out a product. Packing boxes can also be used for storage purposes. Packaging technology has advanced to a level where packaging can be effective as well as affordable and optimized to reduce volume to save on transportation costs. There are all sorts of packing cases, ranging from rigid rectangular containers to contoured boxes. Here is some info on packing cases, their types and effective ways to use.
Types of packing
- Folding boxes—usually used for inner packaging of products. They are made of duplex board and light in weight.
- Rigid boxes—usually made of thick cardboard or corrugated ply boards. These boxes are stiff and will retain shape and hold content securely even under load.
- Corrugated boxes—made of paper ply board, classified according to “plies” or number of corrugated sandwich layers and the grammage of paper used. Higher grammage paper and higher number of plies make for stronger boxes capable of taking high loads. These are used as outer packing in which a number of smaller boxes may be packed.
- Wood crates and boxes: Wood packing is versatile and capable of taking heavy loads without deforming. Wood packing may be in the form of slats of wood nailed together to form a rigid box. For shipping and in order to secure contents, shipping boxes may be made of thick plywood sheets.
- Decorative packing made of polished, carved and finished wood, commonly used for gifts.
When to use which packing
- Folding boxes, usually printed and laminated, with or without cutout windows, are used for packing the product and for display on shelf stores. In such cases the box is designed to provide a snug fit that is neither too tight nor too loose. If the end product is fragile it may be wrapped in bubble wrap or foam and allowances must be made for the thickness of such protection.
- Rigid boxes are perfect to ensure the product packed inside retains its shape. One can use rigid boxes to pack consumer products as well as for perishable products like flowers, vegetables and fruits. Rigid boxes may also be used for storage purposes. One can store documents, odds and ends and even tools in such rigid boxes.
- Corrugated boxes, due to their versatility, can be used to pack even expensive and fragile products for long distance transport. Larger, heavier ply corrugated boxes may be used to pack heavy equipments, for transport of household goods when you relocate and for packing smaller product boxes for bulk transport. There are known methods to verify load taking capacity of various ply boards and bursting strength. In any case, it is advisable to use smaller boxes rather than a single large box to pack products, unless the size warrants it. Larger corrugated boxes can be used to pack in smaller sized corrugated boxes for added protection of contents and the boxes can then be palletized for long distance shipment or transport.
- Packing must be cost effective but it must not compromise safety of contents. Whether it is the inner folding box or the outer corrugated box one must exercise caution while picking the packing box, select its thickness and strength and pack appropriately.
- If you use packing to transport household goods, wrap each item in a piece of newspaper and use bubble wrap, polystyrene foam pellets, rigid foam sheets or just balled up newspaper to provide cushioning to prevent breakage and damage to items. Just ensure the inner box is held snugly inside the protective cushioning.
- If packaging is used to transport produce, then the box must have internal trays that can be stacked one on top of another and produce must be placed in a snug fit in each tray so that they do not bang against one another and cause bruising.
Picking the right packing and using it the right way will ensure safety of the product and also help you save costs of packaging.
Can You Use Residential Property for Commercial Use
Having extra income, constantly flowing in can make all the difference in the current economy. Getting creative with how you...
Running a Business? How to Minimize Supply Chain Issues
Supply chain issues have always been an issue for businesses but over the last few years, the effect and widespread...
How to Increase Your House Value Before Selling
Increasing home value is the first step to making your place more attractive for future buyers. Whether you are trying...
Why Calorie Control Is Still The Best Way To Diet
There are a great deal of different options when it comes to dieting, every day there seems to be a...
The Benefits Of Trade Credit Insurance For Your Business
Trade credit insurance provides cover for businesses who trade on a credit basis. If the people who owe money for...
5 Charming Restaurant Decor Ideas In 2022
Making your restaurant memorable and stand out is a feat worthy of praise. The sheer pressure of wanting to succeed...
Bank Won’t Fund Your Business? 4 Loan Alternatives To Get You Started
Businesses typically require some sort of collateral or proof of concept before funding their business venture. However, it is possible...
Planning A Stag Do
If you’re a Best Man then you’re in a unique position of responsibility, and before the day itself when you’ll...
What Triggers Eczema | Tips to Reduce Eczema Flare-Ups
Eczema is a skin condition that can induce redness, itchiness, and skin inflammation. Its root cause is not fully understood,...
Women’s Fashion Trends To Expect In 2022
A new year means new fashion trends. We cannot wait for what is in store in 2022. It seems that...
Home Makeover Trends: Insights from The Pros
Are you considering a home makeover but don’t know where to start? You’re in luck! In this article, we will...
Interior Design Trends 2022
We all spend time pining over other people’s interior’s on Pinterest or Instagram, but with these trends, it’s easy to...
Top Commonly Overlooked Car Maintenance and Repairs
Maintaining a car is a huge responsibility. There’s a lot that goes into that given how complicated a machine it...
What Is The Difference Between Strata and Property Manager
Real estate is a diverse market, and as such, it can be hard to determine the differences between various types...
Sleek Home Upgrades That Will Luxe Up Your Life
Sometimes we need a vast endeavor to make our home look extravagant and cheek but very often you can implement...
Tech7 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech7 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business6 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Business2 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Travel10 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
General7 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
Tech8 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
Tech7 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists