Just because you won over your sweetie years ago, doesn’t mean you’ve done your job at winning over her mom. Getting a Valentine’s Day gift for your mother-in-law, may be a good way to finally get her to like you. However, when purchasing a gift for your mother-in-law, you should be cautious, so that you don’t outdo her significant other.
There are occasions, such as a single, divorced, or widowed mother-in-law, in which case you can go all out to remind her how special she is to both you and your wife.
Don’t Be Afraid to Get Personal
This is especially important if you are married to an only child or your mother-in-law lives on her own. Chances are good, especially if she has experienced a divorce recently, that she has not been pampered by anyone other than herself for a while.
- Find something she loves. Does she love to read? Have a special collection? Does she spend time on photography or gardening? Getting her a book, addition to her collection, or getting her plants and flowers for her garden is a good way to show her that you care about her and what makes her happy.
- Does she spend the day on her feet? Get her a pair of soft slippers, a foot spa, massage chair, or even a gift certificate to her favorite shoe store.
- If family is important to her, consider a necklace, bracelet or blanket that displays her family in a memorable way. Use your imagination.
- An animal loving woman may appreciate a hummingbird feeder, bird house for her window, a new kitten to keep her company, or something as simple as a visit to the zoo with her grandkids.
Simple, Smart Gifts
Sometimes the best gifts are the simplest ones that say, “I care about you.” Use one of the following ideas for an easy, yet appreciated gift for your mother-in-law.
- A tool set can be especially helpful for the divorced mother-in-law. A small set, with useable items is usually better for this occasion than a large, bulky set.
- If she is a health nut that prefers to eat everything homemade, consider a new vintage apron, cute dishwashing gloves or something similar that is both fun and useful.
- If you choose to go with jewelry, try to stick to something simple, such as a necklace that represents something she loves, or a bracelet.
- Wine and cheese is an option for the mother-in-law who needs a wind down solution. Bath ideas, such as salts, beads, and oils are also good for the tired mother-in-law. Be careful about how far you go with this type of gift, because you don’t want to send her a “you look awful” signal.
- Creative women, who are style savvy, may enjoy tasteful home decorations. Ideas include a family tree (metal or wooden), photos, or wall art. Use what she has in her house already as inspiration for additional ideas.
- A spa gift certificate would be appreciated by almost any mom. If you include her daughter in the deal, you can create a bonding moment which will likely help you rack up the bonus points.
- A far away mother-in-law will appreciate flowers. Anything from daisies to sunflowers will make her smile. A creative arrangement, such as a flower cake, edible arrangement, or potted plant is out of the ordinary, but not too over the top.
These are just a few of the ideas that can help you win points with both your mother-in-law and your wife, as long as you play your cards right. I strongly suggest that you talk to your wife for further insight and possible suggestions.
By Heidi Rothert
Heidi Rothert writes content for various companies, such as Grandway, a stylish boutique that specializes in vintage aprons and other kitchen wear. She also writes for companies in the plumbing, HVAC, beauty school and disaster cleanup industries.
Why Is Quantity Surveying Essential in Construction Industry
Quantity surveying is an essential part of the Australian construction industry. It is the process of calculating and estimating the...
How to Maintain Upholstered Furniture
No matter if you have pets or kids, maintaining your upholstered furniture is quite a challenge. Even though vacuuming it...
How Do I Find a Good Bubble.io Developer?
Finding a good bubble developer to help build your app or digital product can seem challenging. How can you choose...
When is a right time for home repairs?
Summer is a popular time for a renovation around the globe. While it is true that bright days and warm...
Top 15 Alteryx Competitors
The world has seen a tremendous rise in startups and new incorporations in the business world. Companies have great potential...
Latest Wedding Trends for 2023
If you’re planning on getting married this year, chances are you’re probably overwhelmed and confused when it comes to wedding...
Tips To Make The Most Of Your City Break In London!
London is one of the best cities in the world, known for its quintessentially British culture, great nightlife, fantastic museums...
The Ultimate Guide To Packing For A Trip To London
London is one of the best cities in the world, known for it’s rich history, quintessentially British culture, the best...
Top 15 Web Development IDEs
The web development field has seen sustainable growth throughout the years. As technology is advancing, so is the web development...
12 Key DevOps Programming Languages to Still Popular in 2022
“DevOps is not a goal, but a never-ending process of continual improvement.” – Jez Humble Delivering the finest of services...
Festival Fashion Style Tips For 2022
Summer is well and truly here and with that comes the festival season! From the biggest stars performing on stage...
4 Tips For Making Your Wardrobe More Sustainable
Everyone is trying to make more of an effort to make their wardrobe more sustainable, but often are unsure where...
7 tips on how to organize a budget-friendly move
If you are planning a move any time soon, you might be worried about all the expenses that wait for...
Metal Roof Colors: How to Select the Best Color for a New Roof
Choosing the right type of material for your roof is enough of a hassle already that the question of choosing...
Simple Ways To Feel More Confident At The Gym
If you are new to the gym, or you haven’t been in a while, sometimes you might not feel completely...
Tech7 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech7 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business7 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Business3 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Travel10 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
General7 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
Tech8 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
Tech7 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists