The more we use our cars over the years, the faster the parts wear out. Even though we have to deal with repairing the exterior on a regular basis, we sometimes have to work on the inside as well. Leather steering wheels are one of these repairs. It can feel like a huge burden having to repair one, but it certainly can be done at home. Instead of going out to get a new one, you can get just as much accomplished by following these few simple steps.
1. The first step for repairing your leather steering wheel is to spread a large plastic sheet underneath it and over everything in the surrounding area to prevent any unwanted spills or messes. This job does require some use of messy materials, so it’s a good idea to protect the rest of your interior area.
2. In a small spray bottle, mix together 2 ounces of each of the following ingredients: acetone, ammonia, rubbing alcohol and water. This solution will be able to deep clean your steering wheel and prepare it for its new layer later on. Before spraying the mixture, mix it up really well so that it blends enough all together. Then spray the mixture all over the leather steering wheel.
3. Next, rub the solution deeply into the leather with a plastic scouring pad. The purpose of this is to get rid of all the excess dirt, grime and oil. You should be able to notice that it’s starting to work within minutes. Either way, give it a very thorough scrubbing as you will want it to last you for quite some time without having to do this again in the near future.
4. Now it is time to let the wheel dry for a little bit. While it’s doing that, look for any small holes on any part of the steering wheel. Take note of each one that you find, and if they happen to be smaller than your thumbnail it will be easy to repair them during this same process.
5. Once the steering wheel is completely dry, go ahead and fill each hole with some gel super glue. Then arrange the loose leather fibers and pull them over the glue so that they stick and are somewhat secure over the area. Make sure that each one is in contact with the glue and let it dry. Then take some sandpaper and sand down all the surrounding areas around the glue sections.
6. After that, apply a water sealer over the leather and allow it to completely dry before adding a coat of adhesion promoter. By doing these steps, it allows the steering wheel’s leather to absorb and keep the dye in a much more solid state. Needless to say that this is a very important step and it shouldn’t be forgotten.
7. Next, completely coat and cover the steering wheel with the automotive leather dye spray. In order to get the best finish in the end, it may be necessary to apply the leather dye more than once. So give it as many layers and coats that you see fit until you get the desired shade you want.
8. Finally, you will have to spray on a layer of satin finish clear coat all over the area that has the dye on it. This is the finish touch and will complete the process. However, you must let everything be dry to the touch before removing the protective plastic and be able to drive your car again.
Written by Marc Laferierre, owner of Dents Unlimited. Dents Unlimited offers the best auto repair Columbia MO has to offer!
3D Rendering Terminology: Guide For Architects to Communicate With CG Artists
When chipping away at a building representation project, a modeler and a 3D delivering worker for hire need to see...
Learn and Become A Professional DevOps Engineer!
Have you been having a tough time deciding what you want to do when you grow up? Once your school...
Debunking The Common Myths About Cosmetic Surgery
Just a few years back, plastic surgery was thought to be some kind of sorcery or something that existed in...
How to Choose The Right Type Of Flooring For Your New Home
Building a house from scratch can be a tedious and stressful process even though you know you are doing something...
3 Ways To Style An Oversized White Shirt This Summer
If there is one staple item you need ready for your summer wardrobe, it’s an oversized white shirt. They are...
5 Tips For Picking The Perfect Wedding Ring
Your big day is coming up for your wedding day and you set the standards too high with your engagement...
What’s That Thing Called? All You Need to Know About Your Car’s Lift Struts
Imagine you’re out for grocery shopping or a weekend outing with family, and you need to load your shopping or...
10 Places to Explore In Ahmedabad Gujarat India
In the state of Gujarat Ahmedabad or Ahmedabad is a significant region and one of the very prominent city areas...
Men’s Top Fashion Trends To Be Following Spring/Summer 2021
With us all being in lockdown on and off for a year, people are starting to get excited for the...
Find Blog Post Ideas Using Google Keyword Planner
Being a successful blogger means that you have to create captivating and original content that will be helpful to your...
Best Vegan Egg Alternatives For Baking
In recent years there has been a dramatic increase in veganism due to its numerous health benefits. People are much...
7 Smart Storage Solutions For A Small Bathroom
A small bathroom can be such a nuisance. You never have the space you need and everything seems to be...
What Are The Better Ways Of Building Data Lakes? : The Right Way Is Critical
The pattern is the main period that each enterprise needs to be conscious of if they need to generate greater...
Everything You Need to Think About Before The Road Trip
Road trips are perhaps the most flexible vacation format: they can be as long or fast, intense or relaxed, planned...
Justice Law In Rural Area: Keep Community Feels Secure
In order to strive and keep on progressing forward, the judiciary system plays an important role in instituting trust within...
- Tech6 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech6 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business5 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel9 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General6 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech7 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Tech6 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Health7 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition