Are you planning on travelling overnight any time soon? Well, when it comes to covering long distances, most of the trains are overnight ones, until and unless you make a break journey. When it comes to travelling overnight, you will need a berth, so that you can sleep at night and hence it is very important that you get confirmed tickets.
However, there are a lot of times when we check for the irctc seat availability; we see that no confirmed seats are available. Either you will get a ticket in the RAC or Waitlist, where there is a 50-50 chance of you getting a confirmed seat, and that too, you will get to know on the day of the journey, if you are taking a really busy train. So, how do you make sure that you get confirmed seats?
Here are some pointers to remember:
- It is very important to know that you can book tickets for your journey 120 days prior to the date of departure. The booking window opens up almost 4 months before the date of travel, and if it is a really popular train or a single train that runs on that route, then it is best to stay alert and by your computer at 8 in the morning on day 1 of the ticketing window and book your tickets then and there. Dilly-dallying with the booking is a strict no-no when it comes to travelling overnight and that too in a busy train.
- You will have to make sure that you provide the passenger details properly when travelling with somebody who is old. There is a senior citizen quota under which a few seats are always reserved. Hence, if you provide the proper age proof, then you will be able to access these seats, which are generally lower berths, and you will, of course, get confirmed seat at least for that person.
- You need to check every type of coach for the availability of seats. For example, if you see that the AC three-tier is full, and there is no confirmed seat available, check the AC two-tier or even the non-AC sleeper coaches if it is absolutely imperative that you travel on that day only.
- Do not wait around to book your ticket because last minute confirmed reservations are really rare even in trains that are not that busy. If you want, you can book a ticket in the RAC or waitlist 1 or 2 since most likely such seats will get confirmed before or on the day of your travel.
- And last but not the least; keep a tab on your reservation status with the help of your PNR number. If you have any queries, call the necessary helplines that will help you to understand the process. Apply for a reserved quota only when it is applicable and not through any unfair means.
The most important thing is to book the ticket on time. Doing that, you will surely have a reserved and confirmed seat for your overnight journey.
4 Reasons to Replace Your Car’s Engine With Performance Parts
Performance parts are the best kind of upgrades you can make to a car. Performance cars have a higher price...
Maximum Power: Update Your Old House For Modern Electrical Needs
An outdated electrical system can wreak havoc on your energy bills and greatly increase your risk of structural damage. If...
Key Techniques To Learn On A First Aid Course
Introduction First aid training is an incredible qualification that can enable one to offer life saving assistance in an emergency....
Best Tips For Managing Your Building and Construction Projects
Building and construction projects consist of many tasks, from job-site duties to office paperwork. Juggling it all can oftentimes be...
How To Choose The Best Locksmith For The Job
The existence of a locksmith is very crucial for society because they help out countless people on a daily basis....
5 Modern Conservatory Ideas To Create A Serene Escape
Having a serene and relaxing conservatory is the dream, especially in the summer months. Creating an extension of your home...
4 Different Types Of Lifting Equipment For A Construction Site
One of the biggest challenges on a construction site is the problem of lifting heavy materials and tools to a...
5 Tips That Can Help Your Business Flourish
Many, both small and big, businesses were affected by the outbreak of the novel coronavirus, no one was spared. Overnight,...
Why First Aid Training Is Essential For Your Business
Introduction All employers, depending on the establishment, should organize and provide basic appropriate conditions for lunch breaks as well as...
Are You Covered? Tips For Finding Affordable Health Insurance For Your Whole Family
If you are in the market for health insurance, you may be overwhelmed by the many different features and the...
How to Prevent Potential Hazards In A Lab
Unfortunately, lab accidents can happen. When they do, the consequences can be very serious. Some of the most common lab...
How to Extend Your UK Spouse Visa
The UK spouse visa is also known as a UK marriage visa. The UK spouse visa allows married partners of...
How Best Is Automation Helping The Retail Industry to Survive?
“In the post Covid-19 world, the only place cos are willing to invest is in automation. The return on investment...
Best Artificial Intelligence Trends to Watch Out In 2021
Technologies are getting advanced day by day, and according to that, the developers and the mobile app development companies should...
Keeping Your Assets Safe — Crypto Insurance May Soon Become The Norm
Many people all over the world have compared the cryptocurrency market to the wild West, largely because of the fact...
Tech6 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech6 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business6 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Travel9 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
General6 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
Tech7 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
Tech6 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
Health7 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition