Are you planning on travelling overnight any time soon? Well, when it comes to covering long distances, most of the trains are overnight ones, until and unless you make a break journey. When it comes to travelling overnight, you will need a berth, so that you can sleep at night and hence it is very important that you get confirmed tickets.
However, there are a lot of times when we check for the irctc seat availability; we see that no confirmed seats are available. Either you will get a ticket in the RAC or Waitlist, where there is a 50-50 chance of you getting a confirmed seat, and that too, you will get to know on the day of the journey, if you are taking a really busy train. So, how do you make sure that you get confirmed seats?
Here are some pointers to remember:
- It is very important to know that you can book tickets for your journey 120 days prior to the date of departure. The booking window opens up almost 4 months before the date of travel, and if it is a really popular train or a single train that runs on that route, then it is best to stay alert and by your computer at 8 in the morning on day 1 of the ticketing window and book your tickets then and there. Dilly-dallying with the booking is a strict no-no when it comes to travelling overnight and that too in a busy train.
- You will have to make sure that you provide the passenger details properly when travelling with somebody who is old. There is a senior citizen quota under which a few seats are always reserved. Hence, if you provide the proper age proof, then you will be able to access these seats, which are generally lower berths, and you will, of course, get confirmed seat at least for that person.
- You need to check every type of coach for the availability of seats. For example, if you see that the AC three-tier is full, and there is no confirmed seat available, check the AC two-tier or even the non-AC sleeper coaches if it is absolutely imperative that you travel on that day only.
- Do not wait around to book your ticket because last minute confirmed reservations are really rare even in trains that are not that busy. If you want, you can book a ticket in the RAC or waitlist 1 or 2 since most likely such seats will get confirmed before or on the day of your travel.
- And last but not the least; keep a tab on your reservation status with the help of your PNR number. If you have any queries, call the necessary helplines that will help you to understand the process. Apply for a reserved quota only when it is applicable and not through any unfair means.
The most important thing is to book the ticket on time. Doing that, you will surely have a reserved and confirmed seat for your overnight journey.
Best Ways to Improve Your Career
Working on improving yourself is a continuous process. One that chisels you to perfection every time you do it. It...
New to Golfing? 4 Etiquette Tips You Need to Know
Golf is a sport that is governed by some very specific etiquette rules. If you are just taking up golf,...
How to Manage Scoliosis In Adult Period
We always start thinking about our health, and the importance of it, once something goes wrong. When that inevitably happens,...
Simple Ways To Stay Warm This Winter
You shouldn’t have to compromise on style for warmth, which is why we have put together this guide on how...
Staying On Schedule When Traveling With Family
There is a lot of planning that goes into traveling with your family, especially if you are trying to stick...
Do You Need A Lawyer When Filing For Divorce?
Since divorce is a relatively common legal proceeding, some couples opt for a DIY approach. They decide to download the...
Unique First Home Gifts For Your Loved Ones
If one of your loved ones is moving into their first home, we have the perfect gifts for you. Each...
Should Your Business Offer International Shipping?
In today’s world, many businesses have the opportunity to reach a global audience and find new ways to grow. But,...
Why Isn’t Your Company Website Seeing Traffic?
Are you hooked? Do you check your website’s Google Analytics frequently, only to be disappointed every time you see it? ...
Resources and Assistance For The Parents Of Children With Autism
Raising a child with autism can be a challenge. For most neurotypical people (i.e., those who do not have autism),...
How to Improve Your Company Parking Lot Safety For Your Employees
When your workers park in the corporate lot, you want them to feel comfortable and protected. Your staff shouldn’t have...
Legacy Application Modernization – The Enterprise Perspective
The global application modernization services market size is expected to grow from USD 11.4 billion in 2020 to USD 24.8...
What You Need to Know Before Sending Important Packages
Many of us have at least once in our life faced the task of sending something to another city or...
4 Most Efficient Drainage Systems For Flat Roofs
The matter of drainage is the essential function of your roof. In fact, the very shape of a roof (a...
Google Algorithm Updates to Expect by The End Of 2021
Google’s algorithm updates tend to come with a lot of uncertainty and questions, and getting ahead of them is the...
Tech7 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech7 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business6 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Travel9 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
General7 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
Tech8 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
Tech7 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
Health8 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition