Are you planning on travelling overnight any time soon? Well, when it comes to covering long distances, most of the trains are overnight ones, until and unless you make a break journey. When it comes to travelling overnight, you will need a berth, so that you can sleep at night and hence it is very important that you get confirmed tickets.
However, there are a lot of times when we check for the irctc seat availability; we see that no confirmed seats are available. Either you will get a ticket in the RAC or Waitlist, where there is a 50-50 chance of you getting a confirmed seat, and that too, you will get to know on the day of the journey, if you are taking a really busy train. So, how do you make sure that you get confirmed seats?
Here are some pointers to remember:
- It is very important to know that you can book tickets for your journey 120 days prior to the date of departure. The booking window opens up almost 4 months before the date of travel, and if it is a really popular train or a single train that runs on that route, then it is best to stay alert and by your computer at 8 in the morning on day 1 of the ticketing window and book your tickets then and there. Dilly-dallying with the booking is a strict no-no when it comes to travelling overnight and that too in a busy train.
- You will have to make sure that you provide the passenger details properly when travelling with somebody who is old. There is a senior citizen quota under which a few seats are always reserved. Hence, if you provide the proper age proof, then you will be able to access these seats, which are generally lower berths, and you will, of course, get confirmed seat at least for that person.
- You need to check every type of coach for the availability of seats. For example, if you see that the AC three-tier is full, and there is no confirmed seat available, check the AC two-tier or even the non-AC sleeper coaches if it is absolutely imperative that you travel on that day only.
- Do not wait around to book your ticket because last minute confirmed reservations are really rare even in trains that are not that busy. If you want, you can book a ticket in the RAC or waitlist 1 or 2 since most likely such seats will get confirmed before or on the day of your travel.
- And last but not the least; keep a tab on your reservation status with the help of your PNR number. If you have any queries, call the necessary helplines that will help you to understand the process. Apply for a reserved quota only when it is applicable and not through any unfair means.
The most important thing is to book the ticket on time. Doing that, you will surely have a reserved and confirmed seat for your overnight journey.
3 Keys If You Want to Look Better
Are you generally happy with your look these days? In the event you said no, what steps can you take...
What Can You Do to Strengthen Your Business?
Operating a business means you have a lot of weight on your shoulders to say the least. With that in...
Should You Buy Real Estate At The End Of 2020
Experts analyzed the prospects and possible scenarios for the development of events. Residents of the US are warned about the...
How To Be A Confident Person
Attractive, confident, funny, charismatic. These are some characteristics that define an alpha individual. While we all know what the goal...
Why Do Cats Get Diarrhea?
If you’re a pet owner, then you’ll know that one of the most common problems you need to deal with...
Common Reasons For Visiting An Orthopaedic Surgeon
Have you suffered regular knee or back pain? Do you feel tired or stiff for a long time after resting...
Best Wholesale Beauty Product Suppliers In 2020
Beauty products include a range of goods that are used to care and enhance the appearance of your face, hair,...
Big Things A Digital Marketing Business Conducts
The customary word “ad” is defined as a communication procedure between the group of onlookers and the imminent business moving...
International Shipping In A Global Pandemic
The Covid-19 pandemic completely turned the world on its head, in more ways than one. Beyond the devastating medical challenges,...
8 Ways To Reduce Stoke Risk
Stroke is the fifth leading cause of death in the United States. To help you understand how severe and common...
Top Whey Protein Recipes To Lose Your Body Fat
Losing weight and keeping the kilos off is not an easy thing to do. Everything from what you consume to...
5 Amazing SEO Tools to Spy On Your Competitor’s Website
So, you’re running an online business, and you surely want your business to get the best results. But, there are...
Keep .eu Domain After Brexit
Domains are becoming as essential as someone’s own home in the world of internet. Internet users are always looking for...
How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar With Mother To Maximize The Health Benefits
Apple cider vinegar is used in many different household chores like floor washing, cleaning, doing dishes, vegetables and fruits washing,...
8 Tips from Dermatologists For Gorgeous Skin
We all wish of a flawless and glowing skin, but it’s not always easy to figure out the skin care...
- Tech5 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech5 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business5 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel8 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General5 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech5 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Tech6 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Health7 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition