Are you planning on travelling overnight any time soon? Well, when it comes to covering long distances, most of the trains are overnight ones, until and unless you make a break journey. When it comes to travelling overnight, you will need a berth, so that you can sleep at night and hence it is very important that you get confirmed tickets.
However, there are a lot of times when we check for the irctc seat availability; we see that no confirmed seats are available. Either you will get a ticket in the RAC or Waitlist, where there is a 50-50 chance of you getting a confirmed seat, and that too, you will get to know on the day of the journey, if you are taking a really busy train. So, how do you make sure that you get confirmed seats?
Here are some pointers to remember:
- It is very important to know that you can book tickets for your journey 120 days prior to the date of departure. The booking window opens up almost 4 months before the date of travel, and if it is a really popular train or a single train that runs on that route, then it is best to stay alert and by your computer at 8 in the morning on day 1 of the ticketing window and book your tickets then and there. Dilly-dallying with the booking is a strict no-no when it comes to travelling overnight and that too in a busy train.
- You will have to make sure that you provide the passenger details properly when travelling with somebody who is old. There is a senior citizen quota under which a few seats are always reserved. Hence, if you provide the proper age proof, then you will be able to access these seats, which are generally lower berths, and you will, of course, get confirmed seat at least for that person.
- You need to check every type of coach for the availability of seats. For example, if you see that the AC three-tier is full, and there is no confirmed seat available, check the AC two-tier or even the non-AC sleeper coaches if it is absolutely imperative that you travel on that day only.
- Do not wait around to book your ticket because last minute confirmed reservations are really rare even in trains that are not that busy. If you want, you can book a ticket in the RAC or waitlist 1 or 2 since most likely such seats will get confirmed before or on the day of your travel.
- And last but not the least; keep a tab on your reservation status with the help of your PNR number. If you have any queries, call the necessary helplines that will help you to understand the process. Apply for a reserved quota only when it is applicable and not through any unfair means.
The most important thing is to book the ticket on time. Doing that, you will surely have a reserved and confirmed seat for your overnight journey.
Best Places To Visit In The North Of England
If you live in England, you will know there are many different places to visit for the weekend. There are...
Green Home Improvement Ideas
In a world where environmental concerns are growing, the concept of “green” has gone beyond a trendy catchphrase and is...
How to Host an Unforgettable House-Warming!
The time has finally come. You have moved into your dream pad, and are officially adulting in your very own...
A Guide to Parking Lot Striping
The journey to a well-striped parking lot begins with the right paint. In this brief guide, we’ll unravel the mystery...
Business Tips For Protecting Your Finances During A Recession
In 2023, taking the necessary steps to protect your finances for your business is now more important than ever. The...
Tips For Cleaning Your Trainers
If you’re into your trainers and streetwear, you’re likely to be very conscious of keeping them looking their best! So,...
Branding Trends For Start-Ups in 2023
Branding is incredibly important as it impacts how your business reaches and connects with its target market. If you’re branding...
Avoiding the Wrong Kind of Growth
Growth is vital for any business – some models, like tech start-ups, are built around periods of dramatic, explosive growth...
How To Become A Property Developer
There are several reasons why an individual will want to become a property developer. One of the main reasons for...
What Is The Difference Between Cyber Attacks and Cyber Threats?
If you own a business that uses the cloud to manage workloads, you have probably heard of the terms cyberattack...
3 Types of Marketing Every Small Construction Business Should Do
Construction is a very saturated sector, whether you’re a large or small construction company, so marketing should be at the...
How Relevant Life Insurance Plans Can Future-Proof Your Business
Last year, UK inflation reached the highest level that it had been for decades. The markets became unsteady and nervous...
In a Car Accident? Here’s How to Find a Great Lawyer
If you’ve recently been in a car accident, you know that it can be an overwhelming experience. Not only do...
Considering Therapy? Here’s a Few Common Therapy Techniques Explained
If you’re considering therapy as a means to improve your mental health, you may be curious about the type of...
Top 5 Home Repairs You Should Never DIY
DIY home repairs are all the rage these days. But before you jump on the bandwagon, there are some things...
Tech9 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech9 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business4 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Business8 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Law3 years ago
How Can A Divorce Lawyer Help You Get Through Divorce?
Tech6 years ago
When To Send Your Bulk Messages?
Tech3 years ago
5 Link Building Strategies You Can Apply For Local SEO
Travel11 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat