From candy canes to hot chocolate and endless sweets, the holidays can wreak havoc on your oral health. This is exactly why you want to take extra measures to ensure that you maintain good oral hygiene. During the holidays, you are also quite busy, so it can be hard to constantly run to the bathroom to brush your teeth. Moreover, not everyone keeps a toothbrush on their person when they are traveling around. Fortunately, maintaining your oral health is easy – it is all about diligence and reminding yourself how important it is. If you don’t, you could easily suffer from toothaches and even cavities. Here is how to maintain good oral health over the holidays.
- Brush your teeth after every sugary meal. During the holidays, there is a good chance that you will be consuming a lot of meals that have a lot of sugar. If this is the case, you want to remain diligent about brushing your teeth immediately after these meals. The longer you wait, the higher your chances of getting cavities.
- Bring floss with you wherever you go. It is also important to floss regularly. Floss will get rid of the germs and cavity-causing bacteria between the teeth. Oftentimes, this is the type of bacteria that can cause plaque and tartar to build up, which can cause gum disease. The sooner that you can floss, the sooner you will stop this detrimental process. The best part about floss is that you can keep a few rolls in a pocket, a jacket, or a purse. After dinner, you can duck into the bathroom to floss.
- Stay away from hard candies and other foods. It isn’t so much about staying away from sugar – it is about staying away from sugary foods that are hard and difficult to bite. One of the most common examples are candy canes. These hard foods can cause dents and damage to your enamel, which can create an opportunity for cavities to develop. Also, you want to reduce how fast you eat hard sugary candies, because if you continually bite on hard sugary candies, it can increase the risk for cavities.
- Visit a dentist after the holidays are over. After the holidays are over, you want to visit a dental clinic – like Windermere Dental Group – just to ensure that you don’t have any major cavities. Moreover, a dentist will be able to professionally clean your teeth and remove any plaque or tartar. If you don’t have a dental clinic that you visit, you may want to look online. If you have a dental insurance policy, you may want to find out if there is a local dentist within your network.
- Reduce the amount of sugar that you consume. It is also important to reduce the amount of sugar you consume over the holidays. If you want to maintain your oral health, it is imperative to cut down sugar consumption wherever you can. It may be difficult, but if you want your teeth and gums to survive the holidays, cutting down will be essential.
Sparks and Smoke: 6 Signs Your House Needs Rewiring
If you bought an existing home, it’s likely the wiring was done a long time ago. Over the last few...
Master Mechanic: How to Learn More About Your Vehicle
Driving a vehicle on a regular basis is one thing. Understanding how it works, however, is a whole other ball...
Tips to choose packers and movers to help move your office space
Numerous moving companies in India help make your move to any city as smooth as possible. They offer quality and...
Enjoy Responsibly: The Safest Methods for Using Cannabis
As cannabis is becoming more and more legalized across the nation, people are becoming more curious about its uses. With...
Tips on finding moving companies in Toronto providing comfortable moving services
Moving to an interstate location shall be stressful, especially if you are about to relocate on your own. Hiring professional...
Choosing the Right Tail Lights for Your Car or Bike
If you need new tail lights for your car or bike, you’ll want to take several factors into consideration so...
End of lease cleaning in Melbourne – Move in and Move out easily
If you are a tenant, you are sure to be aware of the fact that you get to move into...
Tips in finding a trustworthy removalists team in Sydney
Relocating to a newly rented or leased house space can be a tedious and time-consuming process to perform on your...
4 Fashion Additions to Complete Your Outfit
A wonderful outfit can make you appear and feel like someone who can conquer the world without even breaking a...
How to Go about Selling an Old Car for Parts
Selling an old car for parts is easier than most people realize, and your junker could be worth quite a...
4 Things to Consider Before Choosing a Feed Tank for Your Manufacturing
In every day manufacturing you may find that you need a feed tank for your operation. Selecting the right feed...
How to Find a Phone that Fits your Needs
Are you looking to buy a phone that may suit your needs without poking a hole in your wallet? You...
Elegant Dinner: 4 Ways to Fancify Your Next Get-Together
Throwing a social gathering in the comfort of your own home can be a joy. If you want your upcoming...
5 Issues You May Face in the Aftermath of an Auto Accident
Being involved in a motor vehicle accident is something we all would like to avoid. However, no matter how safe...
5 Ways Guest Posting Can Help Grow Your Online Audience
Guest blogging is the process of posting your original content on someone else’s website. This might seem like a counterproductive...
- Tech4 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech4 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business4 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel7 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General4 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech4 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Tech5 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Health6 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition