From candy canes to hot chocolate and endless sweets, the holidays can wreak havoc on your oral health. This is exactly why you want to take extra measures to ensure that you maintain good oral hygiene. During the holidays, you are also quite busy, so it can be hard to constantly run to the bathroom to brush your teeth. Moreover, not everyone keeps a toothbrush on their person when they are traveling around. Fortunately, maintaining your oral health is easy – it is all about diligence and reminding yourself how important it is. If you don’t, you could easily suffer from toothaches and even cavities. Here is how to maintain good oral health over the holidays.
- Brush your teeth after every sugary meal. During the holidays, there is a good chance that you will be consuming a lot of meals that have a lot of sugar. If this is the case, you want to remain diligent about brushing your teeth immediately after these meals. The longer you wait, the higher your chances of getting cavities.
- Bring floss with you wherever you go. It is also important to floss regularly. Floss will get rid of the germs and cavity-causing bacteria between the teeth. Oftentimes, this is the type of bacteria that can cause plaque and tartar to build up, which can cause gum disease. The sooner that you can floss, the sooner you will stop this detrimental process. The best part about floss is that you can keep a few rolls in a pocket, a jacket, or a purse. After dinner, you can duck into the bathroom to floss.
- Stay away from hard candies and other foods. It isn’t so much about staying away from sugar – it is about staying away from sugary foods that are hard and difficult to bite. One of the most common examples are candy canes. These hard foods can cause dents and damage to your enamel, which can create an opportunity for cavities to develop. Also, you want to reduce how fast you eat hard sugary candies, because if you continually bite on hard sugary candies, it can increase the risk for cavities.
- Visit a dentist after the holidays are over. After the holidays are over, you want to visit a dental clinic – like Windermere Dental Group – just to ensure that you don’t have any major cavities. Moreover, a dentist will be able to professionally clean your teeth and remove any plaque or tartar. If you don’t have a dental clinic that you visit, you may want to look online. If you have a dental insurance policy, you may want to find out if there is a local dentist within your network.
- Reduce the amount of sugar that you consume. It is also important to reduce the amount of sugar you consume over the holidays. If you want to maintain your oral health, it is imperative to cut down sugar consumption wherever you can. It may be difficult, but if you want your teeth and gums to survive the holidays, cutting down will be essential.
Health Informatics – The Strong Future of Healthcare
“The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease.” – Voltaire Check across any industry...
TheWiSpy Best Spyware For Android In 2020
Are you trying to find the ideal mobile phone spyware program for this year? We have the one for you!...
Garden Shed Buying Guide
Are you searching for the best and attractive solution for storing the extra items of the house? Do you also...
6 Most Common Gynaecology Surgeries and Procedures
Have you been advised by your Singapore gynaecologist that to further examine a GYN problem, you need a procedure? You...
3 Keys If You Want to Look Better
Are you generally happy with your look these days? In the event you said no, what steps can you take...
What Can You Do to Strengthen Your Business?
Operating a business means you have a lot of weight on your shoulders to say the least. With that in...
Should You Buy Real Estate At The End Of 2020
Experts analyzed the prospects and possible scenarios for the development of events. Residents of the US are warned about the...
How To Be A Confident Person
Attractive, confident, funny, charismatic. These are some characteristics that define an alpha individual. While we all know what the goal...
Why Do Cats Get Diarrhea?
If you’re a pet owner, then you’ll know that one of the most common problems you need to deal with...
Common Reasons For Visiting An Orthopaedic Surgeon
Have you suffered regular knee or back pain? Do you feel tired or stiff for a long time after resting...
Best Wholesale Beauty Product Suppliers In 2020
Beauty products include a range of goods that are used to care and enhance the appearance of your face, hair,...
Understanding The Benefits and Uses Of Reusable, Washable Breast Pads
Breast pads are every mother’s best friend post the delivery. They’ve been a lifeline for various reasons and from numerous...
Big Things A Digital Marketing Business Conducts
The customary word “ad” is defined as a communication procedure between the group of onlookers and the imminent business moving...
International Shipping In A Global Pandemic
The Covid-19 pandemic completely turned the world on its head, in more ways than one. Beyond the devastating medical challenges,...
8 Ways To Reduce Stoke Risk
Stroke is the fifth leading cause of death in the United States. To help you understand how severe and common...
- Tech5 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech5 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business5 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel8 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General5 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech5 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Tech6 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Health7 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition