From candy canes to hot chocolate and endless sweets, the holidays can wreak havoc on your oral health. This is exactly why you want to take extra measures to ensure that you maintain good oral hygiene. During the holidays, you are also quite busy, so it can be hard to constantly run to the bathroom to brush your teeth. Moreover, not everyone keeps a toothbrush on their person when they are traveling around. Fortunately, maintaining your oral health is easy – it is all about diligence and reminding yourself how important it is. If you don’t, you could easily suffer from toothaches and even cavities. Here is how to maintain good oral health over the holidays.
- Brush your teeth after every sugary meal. During the holidays, there is a good chance that you will be consuming a lot of meals that have a lot of sugar. If this is the case, you want to remain diligent about brushing your teeth immediately after these meals. The longer you wait, the higher your chances of getting cavities.
- Bring floss with you wherever you go. It is also important to floss regularly. Floss will get rid of the germs and cavity-causing bacteria between the teeth. Oftentimes, this is the type of bacteria that can cause plaque and tartar to build up, which can cause gum disease. The sooner that you can floss, the sooner you will stop this detrimental process. The best part about floss is that you can keep a few rolls in a pocket, a jacket, or a purse. After dinner, you can duck into the bathroom to floss.
- Stay away from hard candies and other foods. It isn’t so much about staying away from sugar – it is about staying away from sugary foods that are hard and difficult to bite. One of the most common examples are candy canes. These hard foods can cause dents and damage to your enamel, which can create an opportunity for cavities to develop. Also, you want to reduce how fast you eat hard sugary candies, because if you continually bite on hard sugary candies, it can increase the risk for cavities.
- Visit a dentist after the holidays are over. After the holidays are over, you want to visit a dental clinic – like Windermere Dental Group – just to ensure that you don’t have any major cavities. Moreover, a dentist will be able to professionally clean your teeth and remove any plaque or tartar. If you don’t have a dental clinic that you visit, you may want to look online. If you have a dental insurance policy, you may want to find out if there is a local dentist within your network.
- Reduce the amount of sugar that you consume. It is also important to reduce the amount of sugar you consume over the holidays. If you want to maintain your oral health, it is imperative to cut down sugar consumption wherever you can. It may be difficult, but if you want your teeth and gums to survive the holidays, cutting down will be essential.
Staying on Schedule When Traveling With Family
There is a lot of planning that goes into traveling with your family, especially if you are trying to stick...
Do You Need a Lawyer When Filing for Divorce?
Since divorce is a relatively common legal proceeding, some couples opt for a DIY approach. They decide to download the...
Unique First Home Gifts For Your Loved Ones
If one of your loved ones is moving into their first home, we have the perfect gifts for you. Each...
Should Your Business Offer International Shipping?
In today’s world, many businesses have the opportunity to reach a global audience and find new ways to grow. But,...
Why Isn’t Your Company Website Seeing Traffic?
Are you hooked? Do you check your website’s Google Analytics frequently, only to be disappointed every time you see it? ...
Resources and Assistance For The Parents Of Children With Autism
Raising a child with autism can be a challenge. For most neurotypical people (i.e., those who do not have autism),...
How to Improve Your Company Parking Lot Safety For Your Employees
When your workers park in the corporate lot, you want them to feel comfortable and protected. Your staff shouldn’t have...
Legacy Application Modernization – The Enterprise Perspective
The global application modernization services market size is expected to grow from USD 11.4 billion in 2020 to USD 24.8...
What You Need to Know Before Sending Important Packages
Many of us have at least once in our life faced the task of sending something to another city or...
4 Most Efficient Drainage Systems For Flat Roofs
The matter of drainage is the essential function of your roof. In fact, the very shape of a roof (a...
Google Algorithm Updates to Expect by The End Of 2021
Google’s algorithm updates tend to come with a lot of uncertainty and questions, and getting ahead of them is the...
Cozy Home Office Setup Tips For 2021
Whether you work from home or have set out a place for something you like such as crafting, studying, or...
Garden Party Ideas For Everyone
No one can make “a perfect’’ garden party, but we are all able to throw an amazing one. Of course,...
How To Find Low Competition Long Tail Keywords Using Free Tools
Keywords are the most fundamental and highest ROI activity when it comes to SEM and SEO. Having the right keywords,...
Top Tips For Healthy Family Meals On A Budget
A healthy diet is not very difficult to follow since there is a lot of information available on the Internet...
Tech7 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech7 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business6 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Travel9 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
General6 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
Tech7 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
Tech7 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
Health8 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition