From candy canes to hot chocolate and endless sweets, the holidays can wreak havoc on your oral health. This is exactly why you want to take extra measures to ensure that you maintain good oral hygiene. During the holidays, you are also quite busy, so it can be hard to constantly run to the bathroom to brush your teeth. Moreover, not everyone keeps a toothbrush on their person when they are traveling around. Fortunately, maintaining your oral health is easy – it is all about diligence and reminding yourself how important it is. If you don’t, you could easily suffer from toothaches and even cavities. Here is how to maintain good oral health over the holidays.
- Brush your teeth after every sugary meal. During the holidays, there is a good chance that you will be consuming a lot of meals that have a lot of sugar. If this is the case, you want to remain diligent about brushing your teeth immediately after these meals. The longer you wait, the higher your chances of getting cavities.
- Bring floss with you wherever you go. It is also important to floss regularly. Floss will get rid of the germs and cavity-causing bacteria between the teeth. Oftentimes, this is the type of bacteria that can cause plaque and tartar to build up, which can cause gum disease. The sooner that you can floss, the sooner you will stop this detrimental process. The best part about floss is that you can keep a few rolls in a pocket, a jacket, or a purse. After dinner, you can duck into the bathroom to floss.
- Stay away from hard candies and other foods. It isn’t so much about staying away from sugar – it is about staying away from sugary foods that are hard and difficult to bite. One of the most common examples are candy canes. These hard foods can cause dents and damage to your enamel, which can create an opportunity for cavities to develop. Also, you want to reduce how fast you eat hard sugary candies, because if you continually bite on hard sugary candies, it can increase the risk for cavities.
- Visit a dentist after the holidays are over. After the holidays are over, you want to visit a dental clinic – like Windermere Dental Group – just to ensure that you don’t have any major cavities. Moreover, a dentist will be able to professionally clean your teeth and remove any plaque or tartar. If you don’t have a dental clinic that you visit, you may want to look online. If you have a dental insurance policy, you may want to find out if there is a local dentist within your network.
- Reduce the amount of sugar that you consume. It is also important to reduce the amount of sugar you consume over the holidays. If you want to maintain your oral health, it is imperative to cut down sugar consumption wherever you can. It may be difficult, but if you want your teeth and gums to survive the holidays, cutting down will be essential.
Can You Use Residential Property for Commercial Use
Having extra income, constantly flowing in can make all the difference in the current economy. Getting creative with how you...
Running a Business? How to Minimize Supply Chain Issues
Supply chain issues have always been an issue for businesses but over the last few years, the effect and widespread...
How to Increase Your House Value Before Selling
Increasing home value is the first step to making your place more attractive for future buyers. Whether you are trying...
Why Calorie Control Is Still The Best Way To Diet
There are a great deal of different options when it comes to dieting, every day there seems to be a...
The Benefits Of Trade Credit Insurance For Your Business
Trade credit insurance provides cover for businesses who trade on a credit basis. If the people who owe money for...
5 Charming Restaurant Decor Ideas In 2022
Making your restaurant memorable and stand out is a feat worthy of praise. The sheer pressure of wanting to succeed...
Bank Won’t Fund Your Business? 4 Loan Alternatives To Get You Started
Businesses typically require some sort of collateral or proof of concept before funding their business venture. However, it is possible...
Planning A Stag Do
If you’re a Best Man then you’re in a unique position of responsibility, and before the day itself when you’ll...
What Triggers Eczema | Tips to Reduce Eczema Flare-Ups
Eczema is a skin condition that can induce redness, itchiness, and skin inflammation. Its root cause is not fully understood,...
Women’s Fashion Trends To Expect In 2022
A new year means new fashion trends. We cannot wait for what is in store in 2022. It seems that...
Home Makeover Trends: Insights from The Pros
Are you considering a home makeover but don’t know where to start? You’re in luck! In this article, we will...
Interior Design Trends 2022
We all spend time pining over other people’s interior’s on Pinterest or Instagram, but with these trends, it’s easy to...
Top Commonly Overlooked Car Maintenance and Repairs
Maintaining a car is a huge responsibility. There’s a lot that goes into that given how complicated a machine it...
What Is The Difference Between Strata and Property Manager
Real estate is a diverse market, and as such, it can be hard to determine the differences between various types...
Sleek Home Upgrades That Will Luxe Up Your Life
Sometimes we need a vast endeavor to make our home look extravagant and cheek but very often you can implement...
Tech7 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech7 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business6 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Business2 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Travel10 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
General7 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
Tech8 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
Tech7 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists