From candy canes to hot chocolate and endless sweets, the holidays can wreak havoc on your oral health. This is exactly why you want to take extra measures to ensure that you maintain good oral hygiene. During the holidays, you are also quite busy, so it can be hard to constantly run to the bathroom to brush your teeth. Moreover, not everyone keeps a toothbrush on their person when they are traveling around. Fortunately, maintaining your oral health is easy – it is all about diligence and reminding yourself how important it is. If you don’t, you could easily suffer from toothaches and even cavities. Here is how to maintain good oral health over the holidays.
- Brush your teeth after every sugary meal. During the holidays, there is a good chance that you will be consuming a lot of meals that have a lot of sugar. If this is the case, you want to remain diligent about brushing your teeth immediately after these meals. The longer you wait, the higher your chances of getting cavities.
- Bring floss with you wherever you go. It is also important to floss regularly. Floss will get rid of the germs and cavity-causing bacteria between the teeth. Oftentimes, this is the type of bacteria that can cause plaque and tartar to build up, which can cause gum disease. The sooner that you can floss, the sooner you will stop this detrimental process. The best part about floss is that you can keep a few rolls in a pocket, a jacket, or a purse. After dinner, you can duck into the bathroom to floss.
- Stay away from hard candies and other foods. It isn’t so much about staying away from sugar – it is about staying away from sugary foods that are hard and difficult to bite. One of the most common examples are candy canes. These hard foods can cause dents and damage to your enamel, which can create an opportunity for cavities to develop. Also, you want to reduce how fast you eat hard sugary candies, because if you continually bite on hard sugary candies, it can increase the risk for cavities.
- Visit a dentist after the holidays are over. After the holidays are over, you want to visit a dental clinic – like Windermere Dental Group – just to ensure that you don’t have any major cavities. Moreover, a dentist will be able to professionally clean your teeth and remove any plaque or tartar. If you don’t have a dental clinic that you visit, you may want to look online. If you have a dental insurance policy, you may want to find out if there is a local dentist within your network.
- Reduce the amount of sugar that you consume. It is also important to reduce the amount of sugar you consume over the holidays. If you want to maintain your oral health, it is imperative to cut down sugar consumption wherever you can. It may be difficult, but if you want your teeth and gums to survive the holidays, cutting down will be essential.
Tips On Preventing Accidents In The Workplace and Keep Your Employees Safe
Preventing accidents in the workplace is both the moral and ethical responsibility of every employer. Knowing that there’s a safety...
4 Surprising Ways SaaS Can Be A Game Changer For Small Business
The World Wide Web will never run out of tips and strategies on how to grow your business. These days,...
Understanding SaaS, PaaS, IaaS Prior to Selecting One For Your Business
Summary: Cloud Computing is rising at a faster pace, and it’s crucially important for organizations to move to the Cloud...
5 Tips to Avoid Federal Tax Penalty For Taxpayers
When you are undergoing a tax issue, then it is vital to have knowledge of what are you up against...
Hygienic Cleaning Tips Before Moving Into A New Home
Buying a new home during a pandemic is not only a financial challenge but a sanitary concern. Namely, before you...
Spy App For Android A Tool For Keeping Workplace
Dealing with routine matters has been a lot easier and stress-free thanks to modern technology. Want to order food, use...
How to Create A Backyard Zen Oasis
The lifestyle of the modern era usually depletes one’s energy by the time they get home from work. Whether or...
Mistakes You Need to Avoid When Preparing Your CV
Writing a CV can be hard. You have to somehow condense all your experience into 1 or 2 A4 pages....
Home Decor Trends For 2021: What You Can Expect
This year, the Covid pandemic has had a huge impact on many different industries and sectors and one which has...
5 Ways to Protect Your Teeth This Christmas
Christmas is just around the corner and the preparations are well underway for the festive day, even if it is...
How to Create A Referral Marketing Program In 6 Easy Steps
You may have heard of the benefits of a referral program. Besides helping you attract more traffic to your website,...
5 Important Web Design Considerations to Make For Better SEO
Ever since the birth of search engines, practices in optimising websites for better search rankings have changed considerably. Where it...
4 Reasons For Your Teeth Becoming Sensitive
Having sensitive teeth can be a common issue for many, but it can also be a sign that you have...
How To Keep Your Business Clean & Sanitised
If your business offers any kind of public-facing services, then you will likely be thinking a lot more about the...
The Impact Of Covid-19 on Commercial Property
The lives of people all over the world have been completely altered as a result of Covid-19, with businesses struggling...
- Tech6 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech6 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business5 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel9 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General6 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech7 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Tech6 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Health7 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition