Running a household can be expensive in terms of energy bills, especially during the winter months when heating bills rise as the weather gets colder. However, there are a number of things you can do to conserve energy and lower the cost of your bills.
- Solar Panels. Solar panels have multiple benefits once installed, not only do they make your electricity bills cheaper, they also have a ‘feed-in’ tariff that pays users for the energy their solar panels generate. There are also various deals and offers around- including government incentives, that can help with the cost of installing solar panels.
- Air Source Heat Pumps. Air source heat pumps are used to absorb heat from outside air and turn this into heat for radiators, under-floor heating systems and hot water within your home. When used instead of conventional heating systems, air source heat pumps can dramatically reduce your energy bills and also have the potential to generate revenue as part of the government’s Renewable Heat Incentive.
Air source heat pumps are often found to be more suitable for systems that deliver heat at lower temperatures over longer periods of time such as under-floor heating or larger radiators.
- Storage Heaters. The benefit of using storage heaters is that they are more easily controlled than many other forms of heating, allowing you to control when to conserve or release the stored energy. Storage heaters work by using ‘off-peak’ electricity to charge up and store heat over night which can then be release throughout the day. The heaters have two controls- output and input which allow you to choose how much heat you want to release and how much you think you will need them to regenerate. This is beneficial as you can save the energy within the heaters in rooms that you may not be using or if you are out of the house for a while. You can also adjust the controls for the changing seasons, so during the spring and summer the usage can be reduced or even cut completely, creating huge savings in energy bills.
- Biomass systems. Also known as wood-fuelled heating systems, biomass systems can reduce energy costs by up to £600 per year. Biomass systems burn wood to produce heat which can be used for a single room or to power a central heating system and boiler and although there is a cost for the wood fuel needed to power the systems, it is often cheaper than other energy options. Wood-fuelled heating systems are also more environmentally friendly as the amount of carbon dioxide emitted through the burning process is equal to the amount absorbed by the plant or tree over the years that it was growing. Biomass systems also have the potential to generate income under the Renewable Heat Incentive from the UK government.
- Ground Source Heat Pumps. Through the use of pipes that are buried underground, ground source heat pumps (GSHPs) extract heat from the ground and turn it into usable energy for your home. GSHP’s work by circulating a mixture of water and anti-freeze through a loop underground which absorbs heat from the ground and sends it to your heating system. Energy bills can be reduced, carbon emissions lowered and there is also the possibility of energy created this way generating a return under the Renewable Heat Incentive.
There is a variety of energy saving systems available that can help you to reduce energy bills, lower carbon emissions and event generate an income from the energy produced. Take the time to research each option to see which system is best suited to your house and budget.
How to Organize Your Garage
Do you have so much stuff in your garage, your car is left out in the cold? Keep reading. Your...
Tips On Preventing Accidents In The Workplace and Keep Your Employees Safe
Preventing accidents in the workplace is both the moral and ethical responsibility of every employer. Knowing that there’s a safety...
4 Surprising Ways SaaS Can Be A Game Changer For Small Business
The World Wide Web will never run out of tips and strategies on how to grow your business. These days,...
Understanding SaaS, PaaS, IaaS Prior to Selecting One For Your Business
Summary: Cloud Computing is rising at a faster pace, and it’s crucially important for organizations to move to the Cloud...
5 Tips to Avoid Federal Tax Penalty For Taxpayers
When you are undergoing a tax issue, then it is vital to have knowledge of what are you up against...
Spy App For Android A Tool For Keeping Workplace
Dealing with routine matters has been a lot easier and stress-free thanks to modern technology. Want to order food, use...
How to Create A Backyard Zen Oasis
The lifestyle of the modern era usually depletes one’s energy by the time they get home from work. Whether or...
Mistakes You Need to Avoid When Preparing Your CV
Writing a CV can be hard. You have to somehow condense all your experience into 1 or 2 A4 pages....
Home Decor Trends For 2021: What You Can Expect
This year, the Covid pandemic has had a huge impact on many different industries and sectors and one which has...
5 Ways to Protect Your Teeth This Christmas
Christmas is just around the corner and the preparations are well underway for the festive day, even if it is...
How to Create A Referral Marketing Program In 6 Easy Steps
You may have heard of the benefits of a referral program. Besides helping you attract more traffic to your website,...
5 Important Web Design Considerations to Make For Better SEO
Ever since the birth of search engines, practices in optimising websites for better search rankings have changed considerably. Where it...
4 Reasons For Your Teeth Becoming Sensitive
Having sensitive teeth can be a common issue for many, but it can also be a sign that you have...
How To Keep Your Business Clean & Sanitised
If your business offers any kind of public-facing services, then you will likely be thinking a lot more about the...
The Impact Of Covid-19 on Commercial Property
The lives of people all over the world have been completely altered as a result of Covid-19, with businesses struggling...
- Tech6 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech6 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business5 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel9 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General6 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech7 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Tech6 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Health7 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition