Running a household can be expensive in terms of energy bills, especially during the winter months when heating bills rise as the weather gets colder. However, there are a number of things you can do to conserve energy and lower the cost of your bills.
- Solar Panels. Solar panels have multiple benefits once installed, not only do they make your electricity bills cheaper, they also have a ‘feed-in’ tariff that pays users for the energy their solar panels generate. There are also various deals and offers around- including government incentives, that can help with the cost of installing solar panels.
- Air Source Heat Pumps. Air source heat pumps are used to absorb heat from outside air and turn this into heat for radiators, under-floor heating systems and hot water within your home. When used instead of conventional heating systems, air source heat pumps can dramatically reduce your energy bills and also have the potential to generate revenue as part of the government’s Renewable Heat Incentive.
Air source heat pumps are often found to be more suitable for systems that deliver heat at lower temperatures over longer periods of time such as under-floor heating or larger radiators.
- Storage Heaters. The benefit of using storage heaters is that they are more easily controlled than many other forms of heating, allowing you to control when to conserve or release the stored energy. Storage heaters work by using ‘off-peak’ electricity to charge up and store heat over night which can then be release throughout the day. The heaters have two controls- output and input which allow you to choose how much heat you want to release and how much you think you will need them to regenerate. This is beneficial as you can save the energy within the heaters in rooms that you may not be using or if you are out of the house for a while. You can also adjust the controls for the changing seasons, so during the spring and summer the usage can be reduced or even cut completely, creating huge savings in energy bills.
- Biomass systems. Also known as wood-fuelled heating systems, biomass systems can reduce energy costs by up to £600 per year. Biomass systems burn wood to produce heat which can be used for a single room or to power a central heating system and boiler and although there is a cost for the wood fuel needed to power the systems, it is often cheaper than other energy options. Wood-fuelled heating systems are also more environmentally friendly as the amount of carbon dioxide emitted through the burning process is equal to the amount absorbed by the plant or tree over the years that it was growing. Biomass systems also have the potential to generate income under the Renewable Heat Incentive from the UK government.
- Ground Source Heat Pumps. Through the use of pipes that are buried underground, ground source heat pumps (GSHPs) extract heat from the ground and turn it into usable energy for your home. GSHP’s work by circulating a mixture of water and anti-freeze through a loop underground which absorbs heat from the ground and sends it to your heating system. Energy bills can be reduced, carbon emissions lowered and there is also the possibility of energy created this way generating a return under the Renewable Heat Incentive.
There is a variety of energy saving systems available that can help you to reduce energy bills, lower carbon emissions and event generate an income from the energy produced. Take the time to research each option to see which system is best suited to your house and budget.
Maximum Power: Update Your Old House For Modern Electrical Needs
An outdated electrical system can wreak havoc on your energy bills and greatly increase your risk of structural damage. If...
Key Techniques To Learn On A First Aid Course
Introduction First aid training is an incredible qualification that can enable one to offer life saving assistance in an emergency....
Best Tips For Managing Your Building and Construction Projects
Building and construction projects consist of many tasks, from job-site duties to office paperwork. Juggling it all can oftentimes be...
How To Choose The Best Locksmith For The Job
The existence of a locksmith is very crucial for society because they help out countless people on a daily basis....
5 Modern Conservatory Ideas To Create A Serene Escape
Having a serene and relaxing conservatory is the dream, especially in the summer months. Creating an extension of your home...
4 Different Types Of Lifting Equipment For A Construction Site
One of the biggest challenges on a construction site is the problem of lifting heavy materials and tools to a...
5 Tips That Can Help Your Business Flourish
Many, both small and big, businesses were affected by the outbreak of the novel coronavirus, no one was spared. Overnight,...
Why First Aid Training Is Essential For Your Business
Introduction All employers, depending on the establishment, should organize and provide basic appropriate conditions for lunch breaks as well as...
Are You Covered? Tips For Finding Affordable Health Insurance For Your Whole Family
If you are in the market for health insurance, you may be overwhelmed by the many different features and the...
How to Prevent Potential Hazards In A Lab
Unfortunately, lab accidents can happen. When they do, the consequences can be very serious. Some of the most common lab...
How to Extend Your UK Spouse Visa
The UK spouse visa is also known as a UK marriage visa. The UK spouse visa allows married partners of...
How Best Is Automation Helping The Retail Industry to Survive?
“In the post Covid-19 world, the only place cos are willing to invest is in automation. The return on investment...
Best Artificial Intelligence Trends to Watch Out In 2021
Technologies are getting advanced day by day, and according to that, the developers and the mobile app development companies should...
Keeping Your Assets Safe — Crypto Insurance May Soon Become The Norm
Many people all over the world have compared the cryptocurrency market to the wild West, largely because of the fact...
Which VPN Is Best For The Windows 10?
VPN is necessary whether you are doing personal or professional activities. Fully secure VPN for the Windows 10 are hard...
Tech6 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech6 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business5 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Travel9 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
General6 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
Tech7 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
Tech6 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
Health7 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition