Running a household can be expensive in terms of energy bills, especially during the winter months when heating bills rise as the weather gets colder. However, there are a number of things you can do to conserve energy and lower the cost of your bills.
- Solar Panels. Solar panels have multiple benefits once installed, not only do they make your electricity bills cheaper, they also have a ‘feed-in’ tariff that pays users for the energy their solar panels generate. There are also various deals and offers around- including government incentives, that can help with the cost of installing solar panels.
- Air Source Heat Pumps. Air source heat pumps are used to absorb heat from outside air and turn this into heat for radiators, under-floor heating systems and hot water within your home. When used instead of conventional heating systems, air source heat pumps can dramatically reduce your energy bills and also have the potential to generate revenue as part of the government’s Renewable Heat Incentive.
Air source heat pumps are often found to be more suitable for systems that deliver heat at lower temperatures over longer periods of time such as under-floor heating or larger radiators.
- Storage Heaters. The benefit of using storage heaters is that they are more easily controlled than many other forms of heating, allowing you to control when to conserve or release the stored energy. Storage heaters work by using ‘off-peak’ electricity to charge up and store heat over night which can then be release throughout the day. The heaters have two controls- output and input which allow you to choose how much heat you want to release and how much you think you will need them to regenerate. This is beneficial as you can save the energy within the heaters in rooms that you may not be using or if you are out of the house for a while. You can also adjust the controls for the changing seasons, so during the spring and summer the usage can be reduced or even cut completely, creating huge savings in energy bills.
- Biomass systems. Also known as wood-fuelled heating systems, biomass systems can reduce energy costs by up to £600 per year. Biomass systems burn wood to produce heat which can be used for a single room or to power a central heating system and boiler and although there is a cost for the wood fuel needed to power the systems, it is often cheaper than other energy options. Wood-fuelled heating systems are also more environmentally friendly as the amount of carbon dioxide emitted through the burning process is equal to the amount absorbed by the plant or tree over the years that it was growing. Biomass systems also have the potential to generate income under the Renewable Heat Incentive from the UK government.
- Ground Source Heat Pumps. Through the use of pipes that are buried underground, ground source heat pumps (GSHPs) extract heat from the ground and turn it into usable energy for your home. GSHP’s work by circulating a mixture of water and anti-freeze through a loop underground which absorbs heat from the ground and sends it to your heating system. Energy bills can be reduced, carbon emissions lowered and there is also the possibility of energy created this way generating a return under the Renewable Heat Incentive.
There is a variety of energy saving systems available that can help you to reduce energy bills, lower carbon emissions and event generate an income from the energy produced. Take the time to research each option to see which system is best suited to your house and budget.
Can You Use Residential Property for Commercial Use
Having extra income, constantly flowing in can make all the difference in the current economy. Getting creative with how you...
Running a Business? How to Minimize Supply Chain Issues
Supply chain issues have always been an issue for businesses but over the last few years, the effect and widespread...
How to Increase Your House Value Before Selling
Increasing home value is the first step to making your place more attractive for future buyers. Whether you are trying...
Why Calorie Control Is Still The Best Way To Diet
There are a great deal of different options when it comes to dieting, every day there seems to be a...
The Benefits Of Trade Credit Insurance For Your Business
Trade credit insurance provides cover for businesses who trade on a credit basis. If the people who owe money for...
5 Charming Restaurant Decor Ideas In 2022
Making your restaurant memorable and stand out is a feat worthy of praise. The sheer pressure of wanting to succeed...
Bank Won’t Fund Your Business? 4 Loan Alternatives To Get You Started
Businesses typically require some sort of collateral or proof of concept before funding their business venture. However, it is possible...
Planning A Stag Do
If you’re a Best Man then you’re in a unique position of responsibility, and before the day itself when you’ll...
What Triggers Eczema | Tips to Reduce Eczema Flare-Ups
Eczema is a skin condition that can induce redness, itchiness, and skin inflammation. Its root cause is not fully understood,...
Women’s Fashion Trends To Expect In 2022
A new year means new fashion trends. We cannot wait for what is in store in 2022. It seems that...
Home Makeover Trends: Insights from The Pros
Are you considering a home makeover but don’t know where to start? You’re in luck! In this article, we will...
Interior Design Trends 2022
We all spend time pining over other people’s interior’s on Pinterest or Instagram, but with these trends, it’s easy to...
Top Commonly Overlooked Car Maintenance and Repairs
Maintaining a car is a huge responsibility. There’s a lot that goes into that given how complicated a machine it...
What Is The Difference Between Strata and Property Manager
Real estate is a diverse market, and as such, it can be hard to determine the differences between various types...
Sleek Home Upgrades That Will Luxe Up Your Life
Sometimes we need a vast endeavor to make our home look extravagant and cheek but very often you can implement...
Tech7 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech7 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business6 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Business2 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Travel10 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
General7 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
Tech8 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
Tech7 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists