Buying a used car can be a tedious job as they are many factors that you need to consider before you decide upon one. Questions like how is the engine, has the car met with an accident earlier, are the papers authentic constantly arise in your mind. You are constantly finding ways to ensure that the car you have chosen is the best.
We are here to tell you how to check a used car:
- Ensure there are no bubbles or change in the colour of the paint on the car. If there are bubbles or different shades of colour, then the car has undergone a paint work which could be due to an accident or rust.
- Ensure that the bonnet, boot and the doors open and close smoothly.
- Watch out for any kind of oil leaks or maybe a super clean underbody (a super clean underbody only states that the dealer has taken extra care to hide defects)
- Ensure the tyres are in good condition and safe when steering and suspension
- If you happen to see milky or grey coloured oil then be sure that the engine has severe problems
- Make sure that the coolant does not have oil in it and is pure and bright
- Check for any kind of rusting or damage on the radiator cooling fins or the battery mount
- When you start the engine ensure there are no unusual sounds or loud noises from the exhaust
- Once again check if any leakage problem is there
- Ensure there are no fumes emerging from the oil filler.
- Observe the exhaust for smoke
- Start the engine and accelerate and decelerate the engine and observe the functioning
- Change the gears and check if they are smooth enough
- Rotate the steering wheel to ensure it doesn’t wobble and is smooth
- Ensure the car goes straight when you apply brakes whether softly or hard
- Ride the car over few speed breakers and listen for any kind of unusal sounds
- Slightly loosen your hold on the steering wheel when there is not much traffic and check if the car moves to one side. This means it needs some minor fixing
- Ensure all the papers submitted are genuine and legal.
- You could do HPI checks to ensure your car is not stolen one, cloned or written off
- Check the meter and ensure it indicates the right mileage
- Check if the windshields work properly and they are not damaged
- Run a magnet over the cars body to ensure there are no plastic pieces inserted on the body
- Check the suspension of the car by applying pressure on every corner of the car. Make sure that the resistance is uniform on all corners and the car rests level.
- Ensure that the safety belts and the airbags are intact. If the airbags have been deployed they are no more of use
- Check the air condition and check the time taken to cool the car
- Get a known mechanic to check the car carefully
- Go on a test drive for about 30 minutes and observe everything while driving
- Check online reviews and forums to ensure that the model you are planning to buy is good enough
- Testimonials will tell you if there are any manufacturing defects or any common problems in the car.
Thus, by following the above checklist you would have check almost every part of the car. You could also take professional help if required. All the above checks will help you ascertain if you are paying for the right kind of car and wouldn’t end up just buying a lemon.
Best Places To Visit In The North Of England
If you live in England, you will know there are many different places to visit for the weekend. There are...
Green Home Improvement Ideas
In a world where environmental concerns are growing, the concept of “green” has gone beyond a trendy catchphrase and is...
How to Host an Unforgettable House-Warming!
The time has finally come. You have moved into your dream pad, and are officially adulting in your very own...
A Guide to Parking Lot Striping
The journey to a well-striped parking lot begins with the right paint. In this brief guide, we’ll unravel the mystery...
Business Tips For Protecting Your Finances During A Recession
In 2023, taking the necessary steps to protect your finances for your business is now more important than ever. The...
Tips For Cleaning Your Trainers
If you’re into your trainers and streetwear, you’re likely to be very conscious of keeping them looking their best! So,...
Branding Trends For Start-Ups in 2023
Branding is incredibly important as it impacts how your business reaches and connects with its target market. If you’re branding...
Avoiding the Wrong Kind of Growth
Growth is vital for any business – some models, like tech start-ups, are built around periods of dramatic, explosive growth...
How To Become A Property Developer
There are several reasons why an individual will want to become a property developer. One of the main reasons for...
What Is The Difference Between Cyber Attacks and Cyber Threats?
If you own a business that uses the cloud to manage workloads, you have probably heard of the terms cyberattack...
3 Types of Marketing Every Small Construction Business Should Do
Construction is a very saturated sector, whether you’re a large or small construction company, so marketing should be at the...
How Relevant Life Insurance Plans Can Future-Proof Your Business
Last year, UK inflation reached the highest level that it had been for decades. The markets became unsteady and nervous...
In a Car Accident? Here’s How to Find a Great Lawyer
If you’ve recently been in a car accident, you know that it can be an overwhelming experience. Not only do...
Considering Therapy? Here’s a Few Common Therapy Techniques Explained
If you’re considering therapy as a means to improve your mental health, you may be curious about the type of...
Top 5 Home Repairs You Should Never DIY
DIY home repairs are all the rage these days. But before you jump on the bandwagon, there are some things...
Tech9 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech9 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business4 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Business8 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Law3 years ago
How Can A Divorce Lawyer Help You Get Through Divorce?
Tech6 years ago
When To Send Your Bulk Messages?
Tech3 years ago
5 Link Building Strategies You Can Apply For Local SEO
Travel11 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat