Buying a used car can be a tedious job as they are many factors that you need to consider before you decide upon one. Questions like how is the engine, has the car met with an accident earlier, are the papers authentic constantly arise in your mind. You are constantly finding ways to ensure that the car you have chosen is the best.
We are here to tell you how to check a used car:
- Ensure there are no bubbles or change in the colour of the paint on the car. If there are bubbles or different shades of colour, then the car has undergone a paint work which could be due to an accident or rust.
- Ensure that the bonnet, boot and the doors open and close smoothly.
- Watch out for any kind of oil leaks or maybe a super clean underbody (a super clean underbody only states that the dealer has taken extra care to hide defects)
- Ensure the tyres are in good condition and safe when steering and suspension
- If you happen to see milky or grey coloured oil then be sure that the engine has severe problems
- Make sure that the coolant does not have oil in it and is pure and bright
- Check for any kind of rusting or damage on the radiator cooling fins or the battery mount
- When you start the engine ensure there are no unusual sounds or loud noises from the exhaust
- Once again check if any leakage problem is there
- Ensure there are no fumes emerging from the oil filler.
- Observe the exhaust for smoke
- Start the engine and accelerate and decelerate the engine and observe the functioning
- Change the gears and check if they are smooth enough
- Rotate the steering wheel to ensure it doesn’t wobble and is smooth
- Ensure the car goes straight when you apply brakes whether softly or hard
- Ride the car over few speed breakers and listen for any kind of unusal sounds
- Slightly loosen your hold on the steering wheel when there is not much traffic and check if the car moves to one side. This means it needs some minor fixing
- Ensure all the papers submitted are genuine and legal.
- You could do HPI checks to ensure your car is not stolen one, cloned or written off
- Check the meter and ensure it indicates the right mileage
- Check if the windshields work properly and they are not damaged
- Run a magnet over the cars body to ensure there are no plastic pieces inserted on the body
- Check the suspension of the car by applying pressure on every corner of the car. Make sure that the resistance is uniform on all corners and the car rests level.
- Ensure that the safety belts and the airbags are intact. If the airbags have been deployed they are no more of use
- Check the air condition and check the time taken to cool the car
- Get a known mechanic to check the car carefully
- Go on a test drive for about 30 minutes and observe everything while driving
- Check online reviews and forums to ensure that the model you are planning to buy is good enough
- Testimonials will tell you if there are any manufacturing defects or any common problems in the car.
Thus, by following the above checklist you would have check almost every part of the car. You could also take professional help if required. All the above checks will help you ascertain if you are paying for the right kind of car and wouldn’t end up just buying a lemon.
Why Is Quantity Surveying Essential in Construction Industry
Quantity surveying is an essential part of the Australian construction industry. It is the process of calculating and estimating the...
How to Maintain Upholstered Furniture
No matter if you have pets or kids, maintaining your upholstered furniture is quite a challenge. Even though vacuuming it...
How Do I Find a Good Bubble.io Developer?
Finding a good bubble developer to help build your app or digital product can seem challenging. How can you choose...
When is a right time for home repairs?
Summer is a popular time for a renovation around the globe. While it is true that bright days and warm...
Top 15 Alteryx Competitors
The world has seen a tremendous rise in startups and new incorporations in the business world. Companies have great potential...
Latest Wedding Trends for 2023
If you’re planning on getting married this year, chances are you’re probably overwhelmed and confused when it comes to wedding...
Tips To Make The Most Of Your City Break In London!
London is one of the best cities in the world, known for its quintessentially British culture, great nightlife, fantastic museums...
The Ultimate Guide To Packing For A Trip To London
London is one of the best cities in the world, known for it’s rich history, quintessentially British culture, the best...
Top 15 Web Development IDEs
The web development field has seen sustainable growth throughout the years. As technology is advancing, so is the web development...
12 Key DevOps Programming Languages to Still Popular in 2022
“DevOps is not a goal, but a never-ending process of continual improvement.” – Jez Humble Delivering the finest of services...
Festival Fashion Style Tips For 2022
Summer is well and truly here and with that comes the festival season! From the biggest stars performing on stage...
4 Tips For Making Your Wardrobe More Sustainable
Everyone is trying to make more of an effort to make their wardrobe more sustainable, but often are unsure where...
7 tips on how to organize a budget-friendly move
If you are planning a move any time soon, you might be worried about all the expenses that wait for...
Metal Roof Colors: How to Select the Best Color for a New Roof
Choosing the right type of material for your roof is enough of a hassle already that the question of choosing...
Simple Ways To Feel More Confident At The Gym
If you are new to the gym, or you haven’t been in a while, sometimes you might not feel completely...
Tech7 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech7 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business7 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Business3 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Travel10 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
General7 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
Tech8 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
Tech7 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists