Hip replacement is a surgery which consists of replacing the hip joint with a prosthetic implant. It can be of two types: total hip replacement or half (hemi) replacement. Such surgeries are performed to alleviate arthritic pain or treat hip fractures.
Total hip replacement involves replacement of femoral head and acetabulum while hemi replacement involves only the femoral head. Hip replacement surgery is one of the most common types of orthopedic surgeries but outcomes vary widely. Cost of a total hip replacement surgery in india is among the lowest in the world.
Aim of hip replacement surgery is pain relief (because of osteoarthritis )or improving hip function. This surgery is conducted only after weighing other options like medication and physical therapy.
This surgery can be conducted by two modes: traditional mode and minimally invasive technique. The crucial difference between these two modes is the incision size.
The standard procedure of this surgery follows these steps:
- You will be given general anesthesia to put you to temporary sleep and relax your muscles. Or you may be given spinal anesthesia. This is to make you unaware and pain free during surgical procedure.
- A cut will be made in the side of the hip and the muscles in the thigh bone will be moved such that the hip joint is exposed.
- Now, the ball of the joint is removed by sawing the hip joint.
- An artificial joint is adhered to the thigh bone by making use of a special material or cement.
- The surgeon then prepares the hip bone surface by removing any cartilage that is damaged. The replacement socket part is attached to the hip bone.
- The thigh bone’s new ball part is placed inside the socket part.
- To collect any fluid in the operated area, drains may be placed.
- The muscles are re-attached and the incision is closed.
- In minimally invasive technique, incision is 2 to 5 inches long and doctors make 1 to 2 cuts as compared to the standard procedure of a single cut of 8 inches long.
- The modern technique is believed to reduce blood loss, speed up healing and shorten stay in hospital.
- Success of modern method depends on skill and expertise of surgeon.
- Because of blood loss during this surgery, blood transfusion may be required. You can also use your own blood collected some days before surgery.
- Hospital stay of 1 to 6 days may be required.
- Take bed rest with a pillow of wedge shape placed between the legs such that new hip joint stays in place.
- The day after surgery, you may begin with physical therapy.
- You will move about with walking aids like cane or crutch in a few days.
- Physical therapy may be continued for months after surgery.
PRECAUTIONS AFTER SURGERY:
- Twisting or pivoting on the operated leg should be avoided for 6 to12 months after surgery.
- Do not bend hips beyond 90 degrees. This includes squatting.
- Don’t cross the operated leg past the body’s midline.
- If you don’t follow instructions of your doctor and PT, you may dislocate your new hip and require a second surgery.
These are some of the aspects about hip replacement surgery. One attractive factor is the low hip replacement india cost. This makes Indian hospitals attractive for medical tourists seeking this orthopedic surgery.
Can You Use Residential Property for Commercial Use
Having extra income, constantly flowing in can make all the difference in the current economy. Getting creative with how you...
Running a Business? How to Minimize Supply Chain Issues
Supply chain issues have always been an issue for businesses but over the last few years, the effect and widespread...
How to Increase Your House Value Before Selling
Increasing home value is the first step to making your place more attractive for future buyers. Whether you are trying...
Why Calorie Control Is Still The Best Way To Diet
There are a great deal of different options when it comes to dieting, every day there seems to be a...
The Benefits Of Trade Credit Insurance For Your Business
Trade credit insurance provides cover for businesses who trade on a credit basis. If the people who owe money for...
5 Charming Restaurant Decor Ideas In 2022
Making your restaurant memorable and stand out is a feat worthy of praise. The sheer pressure of wanting to succeed...
Bank Won’t Fund Your Business? 4 Loan Alternatives To Get You Started
Businesses typically require some sort of collateral or proof of concept before funding their business venture. However, it is possible...
Planning A Stag Do
If you’re a Best Man then you’re in a unique position of responsibility, and before the day itself when you’ll...
What Triggers Eczema | Tips to Reduce Eczema Flare-Ups
Eczema is a skin condition that can induce redness, itchiness, and skin inflammation. Its root cause is not fully understood,...
Women’s Fashion Trends To Expect In 2022
A new year means new fashion trends. We cannot wait for what is in store in 2022. It seems that...
Home Makeover Trends: Insights from The Pros
Are you considering a home makeover but don’t know where to start? You’re in luck! In this article, we will...
Interior Design Trends 2022
We all spend time pining over other people’s interior’s on Pinterest or Instagram, but with these trends, it’s easy to...
Top Commonly Overlooked Car Maintenance and Repairs
Maintaining a car is a huge responsibility. There’s a lot that goes into that given how complicated a machine it...
What Is The Difference Between Strata and Property Manager
Real estate is a diverse market, and as such, it can be hard to determine the differences between various types...
Sleek Home Upgrades That Will Luxe Up Your Life
Sometimes we need a vast endeavor to make our home look extravagant and cheek but very often you can implement...
Tech7 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech7 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business6 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Business2 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Travel10 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
General7 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
Tech8 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
Tech7 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists