If you’re looking for a fairly solid business venture that’s almost certain to deliver an easy paycheck, you might want to consider the benefits to be gained by purchasing an established coin laundry facility. Of course, like any professional undertaking, you want to invest wisely. And although owning and operating a laundromat may be easier than, say, running a restaurant or manufacturing company, you still need to be careful. This means doing appropriate research and finding a business that is most likely to be successful in the future. Here are a few factors to consider before you take out a business loan and take ownership.
- Location. This is immensely important in any business undertaking. But what makes for a good location for a laundromat? Like most businesses, you want to make sure the location offers easy access, plenty of parking, and a safe neighborhood that people feel comfortable visiting. You don’t necessarily need to be at a busy intersection since it’s unlikely that you’ll rely on foot traffic for business, but you should look for a location that is near a college campus, apartment buildings, or other structures where it is unlikely that residents will have personal washing machines and dryers in their units. This is where most of your customers will come from, especially if the buildings don’t offer dedicated laundry services on-site.
- Existing equipment. The washers and dryers used in your laundromat are your earners, and if they are subpar, outdated, and in need of constant repair you’re going to lose money. So before you buy an existing facility, you need to see records concerning the models in use, the age of the equipment, and maintenance records. And you should check them to make sure they’re all in good working order. You also need to find out if they’re traditional, coin-operated machines or if the current owners have upgraded to modern machinery that allows users to swipe payment cards rather than using coins.
- Monthly bills. Knowing how much it’s going to cost to operate a laundromat is an important part of determining how much you should pay for the business. Unfortunately, owners may not be keen to share their books with you. Or they might not keep very good records. But if they allow you to take a look at their water and electricity bills, at the very least, you should be able to crunch some numbers. Don’t forget to estimate costs for labor (i.e. attendants) and machine maintenance, repair, and replacement.
- Earnings. As with expenses, you might have a hard time figuring out what a laundromat is bringing in annually. You can certainly ask to see tax returns from past years, but coin laundromats are a cash business, so there’s no real way to know for sure. Luckily, most owners are likely honest or they’re underestimating earnings, which bodes well for your ability to earn. It may just make it difficult to secure a loan for the business if they’ve been shorting their income on tax returns.
- Upgrades. The laundry business hasn’t changed much since electric machines entered the picture, but when you start looking at laundromats for sale you’ll likely find facilities that offer extras like card readers on machines (and refillable cards), pick-up and delivery, fluff and fold service, comfortable seating areas, a snack or coffee bar, WiFi, and entertainment (TV, video games, etc.). The idea is to create a welcoming environment and additional services that make your laundromat a more desirable option than old-school competitors.
Justice Law In Rural Area: Keep Community Feels Secure
In order to strive and keep on progressing forward, the judiciary system plays an important role in instituting trust within...
Get The Best Of Dynamics 365 CRM With Inogic Productivity Suite Now!
Finally, at the end of 2020, it’s here. When we started an unexpected lockdown, we were all able to pause,...
How to Combine Traditional and Modern Furniture With Style
Are you in love with both traditional and modern furniture styles? Do you feel like you can’t decide between those...
Must-Have Womens Weekend Away Accessories
If you’re planning a weekend away, there are a few essentials that will keep you looking stylish whilst also being...
How to Organize Your Garage
Do you have so much stuff in your garage, your car is left out in the cold? Keep reading. Your...
Tips On Preventing Accidents In The Workplace and Keep Your Employees Safe
Preventing accidents in the workplace is both the moral and ethical responsibility of every employer. Knowing that there’s a safety...
4 Surprising Ways SaaS Can Be A Game Changer For Small Business
The World Wide Web will never run out of tips and strategies on how to grow your business. These days,...
Understanding SaaS, PaaS, IaaS Prior to Selecting One For Your Business
Summary: Cloud Computing is rising at a faster pace, and it’s crucially important for organizations to move to the Cloud...
5 Tips to Avoid Federal Tax Penalty For Taxpayers
When you are undergoing a tax issue, then it is vital to have knowledge of what are you up against...
Spy App For Android A Tool For Keeping Workplace
Dealing with routine matters has been a lot easier and stress-free thanks to modern technology. Want to order food, use...
How to Create A Backyard Zen Oasis
The lifestyle of the modern era usually depletes one’s energy by the time they get home from work. Whether or...
Mistakes You Need to Avoid When Preparing Your CV
Writing a CV can be hard. You have to somehow condense all your experience into 1 or 2 A4 pages....
Home Decor Trends For 2021: What You Can Expect
This year, the Covid pandemic has had a huge impact on many different industries and sectors and one which has...
5 Ways to Protect Your Teeth This Christmas
Christmas is just around the corner and the preparations are well underway for the festive day, even if it is...
How to Create A Referral Marketing Program In 6 Easy Steps
You may have heard of the benefits of a referral program. Besides helping you attract more traffic to your website,...
- Tech6 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech6 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business5 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel9 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General6 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech7 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Tech6 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Health7 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition