If you’re looking for a fairly solid business venture that’s almost certain to deliver an easy paycheck, you might want to consider the benefits to be gained by purchasing an established coin laundry facility. Of course, like any professional undertaking, you want to invest wisely. And although owning and operating a laundromat may be easier than, say, running a restaurant or manufacturing company, you still need to be careful. This means doing appropriate research and finding a business that is most likely to be successful in the future. Here are a few factors to consider before you take out a business loan and take ownership.
- Location. This is immensely important in any business undertaking. But what makes for a good location for a laundromat? Like most businesses, you want to make sure the location offers easy access, plenty of parking, and a safe neighborhood that people feel comfortable visiting. You don’t necessarily need to be at a busy intersection since it’s unlikely that you’ll rely on foot traffic for business, but you should look for a location that is near a college campus, apartment buildings, or other structures where it is unlikely that residents will have personal washing machines and dryers in their units. This is where most of your customers will come from, especially if the buildings don’t offer dedicated laundry services on-site.
- Existing equipment. The washers and dryers used in your laundromat are your earners, and if they are subpar, outdated, and in need of constant repair you’re going to lose money. So before you buy an existing facility, you need to see records concerning the models in use, the age of the equipment, and maintenance records. And you should check them to make sure they’re all in good working order. You also need to find out if they’re traditional, coin-operated machines or if the current owners have upgraded to modern machinery that allows users to swipe payment cards rather than using coins.
- Monthly bills. Knowing how much it’s going to cost to operate a laundromat is an important part of determining how much you should pay for the business. Unfortunately, owners may not be keen to share their books with you. Or they might not keep very good records. But if they allow you to take a look at their water and electricity bills, at the very least, you should be able to crunch some numbers. Don’t forget to estimate costs for labor (i.e. attendants) and machine maintenance, repair, and replacement.
- Earnings. As with expenses, you might have a hard time figuring out what a laundromat is bringing in annually. You can certainly ask to see tax returns from past years, but coin laundromats are a cash business, so there’s no real way to know for sure. Luckily, most owners are likely honest or they’re underestimating earnings, which bodes well for your ability to earn. It may just make it difficult to secure a loan for the business if they’ve been shorting their income on tax returns.
- Upgrades. The laundry business hasn’t changed much since electric machines entered the picture, but when you start looking at laundromats for sale you’ll likely find facilities that offer extras like card readers on machines (and refillable cards), pick-up and delivery, fluff and fold service, comfortable seating areas, a snack or coffee bar, WiFi, and entertainment (TV, video games, etc.). The idea is to create a welcoming environment and additional services that make your laundromat a more desirable option than old-school competitors.
Maximum Power: Update Your Old House for Modern Electrical Needs
An outdated electrical system can wreak havoc on your energy bills and greatly increase your risk of structural damage. If...
Key Techniques To Learn On A First Aid Course
Introduction First aid training is an incredible qualification that can enable one to offer life saving assistance in an emergency....
Best Tips For Managing Your Building and Construction Projects
Building and construction projects consist of many tasks, from job-site duties to office paperwork. Juggling it all can oftentimes be...
How To Choose The Best Locksmith For The Job
The existence of a locksmith is very crucial for society because they help out countless people on a daily basis....
5 Modern Conservatory Ideas To Create A Serene Escape
Having a serene and relaxing conservatory is the dream, especially in the summer months. Creating an extension of your home...
4 Different Types Of Lifting Equipment For A Construction Site
One of the biggest challenges on a construction site is the problem of lifting heavy materials and tools to a...
5 Tips That Can Help Your Business Flourish
Many, both small and big, businesses were affected by the outbreak of the novel coronavirus, no one was spared. Overnight,...
Why First Aid Training Is Essential For Your Business
Introduction All employers, depending on the establishment, should organize and provide basic appropriate conditions for lunch breaks as well as...
Are You Covered? Tips For Finding Affordable Health Insurance For Your Whole Family
If you are in the market for health insurance, you may be overwhelmed by the many different features and the...
How to Prevent Potential Hazards In A Lab
Unfortunately, lab accidents can happen. When they do, the consequences can be very serious. Some of the most common lab...
How to Extend Your UK Spouse Visa
The UK spouse visa is also known as a UK marriage visa. The UK spouse visa allows married partners of...
How Best Is Automation Helping The Retail Industry to Survive?
“In the post Covid-19 world, the only place cos are willing to invest is in automation. The return on investment...
Best Artificial Intelligence Trends to Watch Out In 2021
Technologies are getting advanced day by day, and according to that, the developers and the mobile app development companies should...
Keeping Your Assets Safe — Crypto Insurance May Soon Become The Norm
Many people all over the world have compared the cryptocurrency market to the wild West, largely because of the fact...
Which VPN Is Best For The Windows 10?
VPN is necessary whether you are doing personal or professional activities. Fully secure VPN for the Windows 10 are hard...
Tech6 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech6 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business5 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Travel9 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
General6 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
Tech7 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
Tech6 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
Health7 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition