If you’re looking for a fairly solid business venture that’s almost certain to deliver an easy paycheck, you might want to consider the benefits to be gained by purchasing an established coin laundry facility. Of course, like any professional undertaking, you want to invest wisely. And although owning and operating a laundromat may be easier than, say, running a restaurant or manufacturing company, you still need to be careful. This means doing appropriate research and finding a business that is most likely to be successful in the future. Here are a few factors to consider before you take out a business loan and take ownership.
- Location. This is immensely important in any business undertaking. But what makes for a good location for a laundromat? Like most businesses, you want to make sure the location offers easy access, plenty of parking, and a safe neighborhood that people feel comfortable visiting. You don’t necessarily need to be at a busy intersection since it’s unlikely that you’ll rely on foot traffic for business, but you should look for a location that is near a college campus, apartment buildings, or other structures where it is unlikely that residents will have personal washing machines and dryers in their units. This is where most of your customers will come from, especially if the buildings don’t offer dedicated laundry services on-site.
- Existing equipment. The washers and dryers used in your laundromat are your earners, and if they are subpar, outdated, and in need of constant repair you’re going to lose money. So before you buy an existing facility, you need to see records concerning the models in use, the age of the equipment, and maintenance records. And you should check them to make sure they’re all in good working order. You also need to find out if they’re traditional, coin-operated machines or if the current owners have upgraded to modern machinery that allows users to swipe payment cards rather than using coins.
- Monthly bills. Knowing how much it’s going to cost to operate a laundromat is an important part of determining how much you should pay for the business. Unfortunately, owners may not be keen to share their books with you. Or they might not keep very good records. But if they allow you to take a look at their water and electricity bills, at the very least, you should be able to crunch some numbers. Don’t forget to estimate costs for labor (i.e. attendants) and machine maintenance, repair, and replacement.
- Earnings. As with expenses, you might have a hard time figuring out what a laundromat is bringing in annually. You can certainly ask to see tax returns from past years, but coin laundromats are a cash business, so there’s no real way to know for sure. Luckily, most owners are likely honest or they’re underestimating earnings, which bodes well for your ability to earn. It may just make it difficult to secure a loan for the business if they’ve been shorting their income on tax returns.
- Upgrades. The laundry business hasn’t changed much since electric machines entered the picture, but when you start looking at laundromats for sale you’ll likely find facilities that offer extras like card readers on machines (and refillable cards), pick-up and delivery, fluff and fold service, comfortable seating areas, a snack or coffee bar, WiFi, and entertainment (TV, video games, etc.). The idea is to create a welcoming environment and additional services that make your laundromat a more desirable option than old-school competitors.
4 Most Efficient Drainage Systems for Flat Roofs
The matter of drainage is the essential function of your roof. In fact, the very shape of a roof (a...
Google Algorithm Updates to Expect by The End Of 2021
Google’s algorithm updates tend to come with a lot of uncertainty and questions, and getting ahead of them is the...
Cozy Home Office Setup Tips For 2021
Whether you work from home or have set out a place for something you like such as crafting, studying, or...
Garden Party Ideas For Everyone
No one can make “a perfect’’ garden party, but we are all able to throw an amazing one. Of course,...
How To Find Low Competition Long Tail Keywords Using Free Tools
Keywords are the most fundamental and highest ROI activity when it comes to SEM and SEO. Having the right keywords,...
Top Tips For Healthy Family Meals On A Budget
A healthy diet is not very difficult to follow since there is a lot of information available on the Internet...
Tips For Your Morning Skincare Routine
Keeping your skin healthy can come down to numerous things. A healthy diet will be a good start in keeping...
How to Make SEO Work For You and Your Business
The world of search engine optimization has changed a lot, but certain fundamental principles like focusing on target keywords to...
How to Increase Your Vegetable Garden Yield This Year
If you are going thru the effort of planning, planting, caring, and growing your plants, you naturally want to get...
Why Families Benefit From A Family Dentist When Dealing With Oral Health Issues
Oral Health issues can be a source of conflict and stress in families, especially in families with young children. Not...
What Type Of SEO Is Effective?
Every business knows that it takes a huge amount of time and money to maintain a website. However, no one...
4 Reasons to Replace Your Car’s Engine With Performance Parts
Performance parts are the best kind of upgrades you can make to a car. Performance cars have a higher price...
Maximum Power: Update Your Old House For Modern Electrical Needs
An outdated electrical system can wreak havoc on your energy bills and greatly increase your risk of structural damage. If...
Key Techniques To Learn On A First Aid Course
Introduction First aid training is an incredible qualification that can enable one to offer life saving assistance in an emergency....
Best Tips For Managing Your Building and Construction Projects
Building and construction projects consist of many tasks, from job-site duties to office paperwork. Juggling it all can oftentimes be...
Tech6 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech6 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business6 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Travel9 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
General6 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
Tech7 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
Tech6 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
Health8 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition