Let’s face it – if you are planning a backpacking holiday there is probably one major positive and one major negative to your adventure:
- The great thing is the freedom of the open road and your ability to follow it wherever it may lead;
- Rather less attractive, of course, is the money you might need to spend getting from one place to another, eating and generally looking after yourself – the average backpacker, of course, is likely to be travelling on a very tight budget.
So, here are a few tips designed to help your money go further on your next backpacking adventure:
Channels of communication
- It costs nothing to let someone – your family or a friend – know just where you are going so that you have a ready channel of communication in any emergency;
- Travel insurance is also designed to help cope with those emergencies too – and if you choose purpose designed backpackers insurance, from a specialist provider, such as Bengo Travel, you are likely to find essential cover even for those travelling on a tight budget;
- If you are going to be travelling through Europe, don’t forget your free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) – it helps to get you publicly provided health treatment, but do not rely on it as an alternative to proper travel insurance;
Theft and scams
- If you are backpacking on a budget, one of the last things you want is to fall prey to a pickpocket or other scam artist – watch out for them;
Let the train take the strain
- In most parts of the world – especially Europe and Asia – it is possible to buy rail cards which give you significantly discounted travel by train for a given period of time;
- When deciding where to stay, remember to choose a hotel or hostel that has a kitchen or other basic cooking facilities – cooking your own meals is going to be cheaper than hotel food and you might make new friends whilst watching your rice boil;
- Backpackers like to let their hair down every once in a while and alcohol might help – a tip suggested by Student Universe, however, is to buy at least some of your alcohol from a nearby supermarket, rather than pay the invariably inflated prices at city centre bars or other prime spots for tourists;
- Backpackers tend to stand out in the crowd and, impecunious as you might feel, are easy pickings for taxi drivers, who think nothing of ripping you off for a special “tourist” rate, especially in places where it is not required to display the fare – the simple solution, therefore, is to avoid taxis in favour of your own legs (as long as you are in a safe area of course and during daylight hours), and your personal fitness is likely to thank you for it.
By keeping in mind a few of these tips and suggestions you might get the best of both worlds – the freedom to explore the world that lies at your feet, but without it costing an arm and a leg. All in all, therefore, something of a backpacker’s dream.
How To Be A Confident Person
Attractive, confident, funny, charismatic. These are some characteristics that define an alpha individual. While we all know what the goal...
Common Reasons For Visiting An Orthopaedic Surgeon
Have you suffered regular knee or back pain? Do you feel tired or stiff for a long time after resting...
Best Wholesale Beauty Product Suppliers In 2020
Beauty products include a range of goods that are used to care and enhance the appearance of your face, hair,...
Big Things A Digital Marketing Business Conducts
The customary word “ad” is defined as a communication procedure between the group of onlookers and the imminent business moving...
International Shipping In A Global Pandemic
The Covid-19 pandemic completely turned the world on its head, in more ways than one. Beyond the devastating medical challenges,...
8 Ways To Reduce Stoke Risk
Stroke is the fifth leading cause of death in the United States. To help you understand how severe and common...
Top Whey Protein Recipes To Lose Your Body Fat
Losing weight and keeping the kilos off is not an easy thing to do. Everything from what you consume to...
5 Amazing SEO Tools to Spy On Your Competitor’s Website
So, you’re running an online business, and you surely want your business to get the best results. But, there are...
Keep .eu Domain After Brexit
Domains are becoming as essential as someone’s own home in the world of internet. Internet users are always looking for...
How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar With Mother To Maximize The Health Benefits
Apple cider vinegar is used in many different household chores like floor washing, cleaning, doing dishes, vegetables and fruits washing,...
8 Tips from Dermatologists For Gorgeous Skin
We all wish of a flawless and glowing skin, but it’s not always easy to figure out the skin care...
Uterine Fibroids: What Are Its Causes, Symptoms, and Treatments?
Uterine Fibroids are non-cancerous tumors that develops in a woman’s uterus. They are also called leiomyomas or myomas and appear...
Electric Stove or Gas Stove? Which One is Better?
While remodeling your kitchen to include some kitchen essentials or buying a whole new house, you might be comparing electric...
6 Surprising Health Benefits Of Making Origami
It has been centuries since Origami has been developed, and until now, people still use this art. This is not...
Personal Protective Equipment That Protects You From Workplace Hazards
The workplace is full of hazards. Whether you’re working in the construction sector, the automobile industry, manufacturing, or any other...
- Tech5 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech5 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business5 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel8 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General5 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech5 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Tech6 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Health7 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition