Let’s face it – if you are planning a backpacking holiday there is probably one major positive and one major negative to your adventure:
- The great thing is the freedom of the open road and your ability to follow it wherever it may lead;
- Rather less attractive, of course, is the money you might need to spend getting from one place to another, eating and generally looking after yourself – the average backpacker, of course, is likely to be travelling on a very tight budget.
So, here are a few tips designed to help your money go further on your next backpacking adventure:
Channels of communication
- It costs nothing to let someone – your family or a friend – know just where you are going so that you have a ready channel of communication in any emergency;
- Travel insurance is also designed to help cope with those emergencies too – and if you choose purpose designed backpackers insurance, from a specialist provider, such as Bengo Travel, you are likely to find essential cover even for those travelling on a tight budget;
- If you are going to be travelling through Europe, don’t forget your free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) – it helps to get you publicly provided health treatment, but do not rely on it as an alternative to proper travel insurance;
Theft and scams
- If you are backpacking on a budget, one of the last things you want is to fall prey to a pickpocket or other scam artist – watch out for them;
Let the train take the strain
- In most parts of the world – especially Europe and Asia – it is possible to buy rail cards which give you significantly discounted travel by train for a given period of time;
- When deciding where to stay, remember to choose a hotel or hostel that has a kitchen or other basic cooking facilities – cooking your own meals is going to be cheaper than hotel food and you might make new friends whilst watching your rice boil;
- Backpackers like to let their hair down every once in a while and alcohol might help – a tip suggested by Student Universe, however, is to buy at least some of your alcohol from a nearby supermarket, rather than pay the invariably inflated prices at city centre bars or other prime spots for tourists;
- Backpackers tend to stand out in the crowd and, impecunious as you might feel, are easy pickings for taxi drivers, who think nothing of ripping you off for a special “tourist” rate, especially in places where it is not required to display the fare – the simple solution, therefore, is to avoid taxis in favour of your own legs (as long as you are in a safe area of course and during daylight hours), and your personal fitness is likely to thank you for it.
By keeping in mind a few of these tips and suggestions you might get the best of both worlds – the freedom to explore the world that lies at your feet, but without it costing an arm and a leg. All in all, therefore, something of a backpacker’s dream.
4 Reasons to Replace Your Car’s Engine With Performance Parts
Performance parts are the best kind of upgrades you can make to a car. Performance cars have a higher price...
Maximum Power: Update Your Old House For Modern Electrical Needs
An outdated electrical system can wreak havoc on your energy bills and greatly increase your risk of structural damage. If...
Key Techniques To Learn On A First Aid Course
Introduction First aid training is an incredible qualification that can enable one to offer life saving assistance in an emergency....
Best Tips For Managing Your Building and Construction Projects
Building and construction projects consist of many tasks, from job-site duties to office paperwork. Juggling it all can oftentimes be...
How To Choose The Best Locksmith For The Job
The existence of a locksmith is very crucial for society because they help out countless people on a daily basis....
5 Modern Conservatory Ideas To Create A Serene Escape
Having a serene and relaxing conservatory is the dream, especially in the summer months. Creating an extension of your home...
4 Different Types Of Lifting Equipment For A Construction Site
One of the biggest challenges on a construction site is the problem of lifting heavy materials and tools to a...
5 Tips That Can Help Your Business Flourish
Many, both small and big, businesses were affected by the outbreak of the novel coronavirus, no one was spared. Overnight,...
Why First Aid Training Is Essential For Your Business
Introduction All employers, depending on the establishment, should organize and provide basic appropriate conditions for lunch breaks as well as...
Are You Covered? Tips For Finding Affordable Health Insurance For Your Whole Family
If you are in the market for health insurance, you may be overwhelmed by the many different features and the...
How to Prevent Potential Hazards In A Lab
Unfortunately, lab accidents can happen. When they do, the consequences can be very serious. Some of the most common lab...
How to Extend Your UK Spouse Visa
The UK spouse visa is also known as a UK marriage visa. The UK spouse visa allows married partners of...
How Best Is Automation Helping The Retail Industry to Survive?
“In the post Covid-19 world, the only place cos are willing to invest is in automation. The return on investment...
Best Artificial Intelligence Trends to Watch Out In 2021
Technologies are getting advanced day by day, and according to that, the developers and the mobile app development companies should...
Keeping Your Assets Safe — Crypto Insurance May Soon Become The Norm
Many people all over the world have compared the cryptocurrency market to the wild West, largely because of the fact...
Tech6 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech6 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business6 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Travel9 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
General6 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
Tech7 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
Tech6 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
Health7 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition