Let’s face it – if you are planning a backpacking holiday there is probably one major positive and one major negative to your adventure:
- The great thing is the freedom of the open road and your ability to follow it wherever it may lead;
- Rather less attractive, of course, is the money you might need to spend getting from one place to another, eating and generally looking after yourself – the average backpacker, of course, is likely to be travelling on a very tight budget.
So, here are a few tips designed to help your money go further on your next backpacking adventure:
Channels of communication
- It costs nothing to let someone – your family or a friend – know just where you are going so that you have a ready channel of communication in any emergency;
- Travel insurance is also designed to help cope with those emergencies too – and if you choose purpose designed backpackers insurance, from a specialist provider, such as Bengo Travel, you are likely to find essential cover even for those travelling on a tight budget;
- If you are going to be travelling through Europe, don’t forget your free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) – it helps to get you publicly provided health treatment, but do not rely on it as an alternative to proper travel insurance;
Theft and scams
- If you are backpacking on a budget, one of the last things you want is to fall prey to a pickpocket or other scam artist – watch out for them;
Let the train take the strain
- In most parts of the world – especially Europe and Asia – it is possible to buy rail cards which give you significantly discounted travel by train for a given period of time;
- When deciding where to stay, remember to choose a hotel or hostel that has a kitchen or other basic cooking facilities – cooking your own meals is going to be cheaper than hotel food and you might make new friends whilst watching your rice boil;
- Backpackers like to let their hair down every once in a while and alcohol might help – a tip suggested by Student Universe, however, is to buy at least some of your alcohol from a nearby supermarket, rather than pay the invariably inflated prices at city centre bars or other prime spots for tourists;
- Backpackers tend to stand out in the crowd and, impecunious as you might feel, are easy pickings for taxi drivers, who think nothing of ripping you off for a special “tourist” rate, especially in places where it is not required to display the fare – the simple solution, therefore, is to avoid taxis in favour of your own legs (as long as you are in a safe area of course and during daylight hours), and your personal fitness is likely to thank you for it.
By keeping in mind a few of these tips and suggestions you might get the best of both worlds – the freedom to explore the world that lies at your feet, but without it costing an arm and a leg. All in all, therefore, something of a backpacker’s dream.
New Driver? 5 Things to Consider When Looking for Driving School
When it comes to choosing a driving school, there are many factors to consider. Not all driving schools are created...
Landscape Irrigation Systems: The Basics
If you’re a homeowner, you know that keeping your lawn and landscaping looking nice can be a lot of work....
5 Things to Look for in Luxury Hotels
When it comes to luxury hotels, there is a lot to look out for. Here are five key things that...
Is There a Difference Between Commercial and Residential Concrete?
If you’re a contractor, you know that concrete is a versatile construction material. But did you know that there are...
5 Tips to Find the Right Litigation Firm
When it comes to selecting the right litigation firm for your legal needs, choosing wisely is of utmost importance. It’s...
Amazing Reason To Embed Google Reviews Widget on Wix
Offering a value is not enough. To survive in the industry, you must market your business in the trustable way...
3 Ways To Take Control Of Your Finances in 2023
It can be so overwhelming trying to take control of your finances, as it can be difficult to know where...
How to market your watch brand?
The luxury watch market has always been a lucrative business, and in 2023 it’s only going to get bigger. Obviously,...
How To Keep Your New Year’s Resolutions
Do you always have trouble keeping up with your New Year’s Resolutions? Start 2023 off on the right foot with...
What Is Stick Welding And When It Is Used
Stick welding, which is also known as shielded metal arc welding or SMAW, is one of the most common types...
5 Maintenance Tips For Your Septic Tank
If you rely on a septic tank, you know how important it is to you and your family. Yet like...
How Banks Are Using AI to improve Their Services?
Almost every industry, including banking and finance, has been significantly affected by artificial intelligence. The industry of banking and finance...
How to Prevent Your Drains from Getting Clogged
A clogged drain might not seem like a big problem to deal with, but that plumbing issue could quickly spiral...
Things you need to do and think about before the renovation project
If you plan on renovating your home anytime soon, there are certain things you should check of your list before...
3 Things You Need To Be Doing To Look After Your Teeth
Many people don’t prioritise looking after their teeth, however it is so important as we only get one adult set...
Tech8 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
Tech8 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
Business3 years ago
What Is AdsSupply? A Comprehensive Review
Business7 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
Law2 years ago
How Can A Divorce Lawyer Help You Get Through Divorce?
Tech5 years ago
When To Send Your Bulk Messages?
Travel11 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
Tech2 years ago
5 Link Building Strategies You Can Apply For Local SEO