Let’s face it – if you are planning a backpacking holiday there is probably one major positive and one major negative to your adventure:
- The great thing is the freedom of the open road and your ability to follow it wherever it may lead;
- Rather less attractive, of course, is the money you might need to spend getting from one place to another, eating and generally looking after yourself – the average backpacker, of course, is likely to be travelling on a very tight budget.
So, here are a few tips designed to help your money go further on your next backpacking adventure:
Channels of communication
- It costs nothing to let someone – your family or a friend – know just where you are going so that you have a ready channel of communication in any emergency;
- Travel insurance is also designed to help cope with those emergencies too – and if you choose purpose designed backpackers insurance, from a specialist provider, such as Bengo Travel, you are likely to find essential cover even for those travelling on a tight budget;
- If you are going to be travelling through Europe, don’t forget your free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) – it helps to get you publicly provided health treatment, but do not rely on it as an alternative to proper travel insurance;
Theft and scams
- If you are backpacking on a budget, one of the last things you want is to fall prey to a pickpocket or other scam artist – watch out for them;
Let the train take the strain
- In most parts of the world – especially Europe and Asia – it is possible to buy rail cards which give you significantly discounted travel by train for a given period of time;
- When deciding where to stay, remember to choose a hotel or hostel that has a kitchen or other basic cooking facilities – cooking your own meals is going to be cheaper than hotel food and you might make new friends whilst watching your rice boil;
- Backpackers like to let their hair down every once in a while and alcohol might help – a tip suggested by Student Universe, however, is to buy at least some of your alcohol from a nearby supermarket, rather than pay the invariably inflated prices at city centre bars or other prime spots for tourists;
- Backpackers tend to stand out in the crowd and, impecunious as you might feel, are easy pickings for taxi drivers, who think nothing of ripping you off for a special “tourist” rate, especially in places where it is not required to display the fare – the simple solution, therefore, is to avoid taxis in favour of your own legs (as long as you are in a safe area of course and during daylight hours), and your personal fitness is likely to thank you for it.
By keeping in mind a few of these tips and suggestions you might get the best of both worlds – the freedom to explore the world that lies at your feet, but without it costing an arm and a leg. All in all, therefore, something of a backpacker’s dream.
5 Tips For Getting Around in Vegas
Las Vegas is always on most travelers’ to Do list. Travelers to Las Vegas usually choose to fly, however road...
5 Different Engineering Degrees You Can Study
Engineering is no longer the fearsome career path it once might have been. Engineering courses of study and achievement of...
Sparks and Smoke: 6 Signs Your House Needs Rewiring
If you bought an existing home, it’s likely the wiring was done a long time ago. Over the last few...
Master Mechanic: How to Learn More About Your Vehicle
Driving a vehicle on a regular basis is one thing. Understanding how it works, however, is a whole other ball...
Tips to choose packers and movers to help move your office space
Numerous moving companies in India help make your move to any city as smooth as possible. They offer quality and...
Enjoy Responsibly: The Safest Methods for Using Cannabis
As cannabis is becoming more and more legalized across the nation, people are becoming more curious about its uses. With...
Tips on finding moving companies in Toronto providing comfortable moving services
Moving to an interstate location shall be stressful, especially if you are about to relocate on your own. Hiring professional...
Choosing the Right Tail Lights for Your Car or Bike
If you need new tail lights for your car or bike, you’ll want to take several factors into consideration so...
End of lease cleaning in Melbourne – Move in and Move out easily
If you are a tenant, you are sure to be aware of the fact that you get to move into...
Tips in finding a trustworthy removalists team in Sydney
Relocating to a newly rented or leased house space can be a tedious and time-consuming process to perform on your...
4 Fashion Additions to Complete Your Outfit
A wonderful outfit can make you appear and feel like someone who can conquer the world without even breaking a...
How to Go about Selling an Old Car for Parts
Selling an old car for parts is easier than most people realize, and your junker could be worth quite a...
4 Things to Consider Before Choosing a Feed Tank for Your Manufacturing
In every day manufacturing you may find that you need a feed tank for your operation. Selecting the right feed...
How to Find a Phone that Fits your Needs
Are you looking to buy a phone that may suit your needs without poking a hole in your wallet? You...
Elegant Dinner: 4 Ways to Fancify Your Next Get-Together
Throwing a social gathering in the comfort of your own home can be a joy. If you want your upcoming...
- Tech4 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech4 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business4 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel7 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General4 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech4 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Tech5 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Health6 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition