Let’s face it – if you are planning a backpacking holiday there is probably one major positive and one major negative to your adventure:
- The great thing is the freedom of the open road and your ability to follow it wherever it may lead;
- Rather less attractive, of course, is the money you might need to spend getting from one place to another, eating and generally looking after yourself – the average backpacker, of course, is likely to be travelling on a very tight budget.
So, here are a few tips designed to help your money go further on your next backpacking adventure:
Channels of communication
- It costs nothing to let someone – your family or a friend – know just where you are going so that you have a ready channel of communication in any emergency;
- Travel insurance is also designed to help cope with those emergencies too – and if you choose purpose designed backpackers insurance, from a specialist provider, such as Bengo Travel, you are likely to find essential cover even for those travelling on a tight budget;
- If you are going to be travelling through Europe, don’t forget your free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) – it helps to get you publicly provided health treatment, but do not rely on it as an alternative to proper travel insurance;
Theft and scams
- If you are backpacking on a budget, one of the last things you want is to fall prey to a pickpocket or other scam artist – watch out for them;
Let the train take the strain
- In most parts of the world – especially Europe and Asia – it is possible to buy rail cards which give you significantly discounted travel by train for a given period of time;
- When deciding where to stay, remember to choose a hotel or hostel that has a kitchen or other basic cooking facilities – cooking your own meals is going to be cheaper than hotel food and you might make new friends whilst watching your rice boil;
- Backpackers like to let their hair down every once in a while and alcohol might help – a tip suggested by Student Universe, however, is to buy at least some of your alcohol from a nearby supermarket, rather than pay the invariably inflated prices at city centre bars or other prime spots for tourists;
- Backpackers tend to stand out in the crowd and, impecunious as you might feel, are easy pickings for taxi drivers, who think nothing of ripping you off for a special “tourist” rate, especially in places where it is not required to display the fare – the simple solution, therefore, is to avoid taxis in favour of your own legs (as long as you are in a safe area of course and during daylight hours), and your personal fitness is likely to thank you for it.
By keeping in mind a few of these tips and suggestions you might get the best of both worlds – the freedom to explore the world that lies at your feet, but without it costing an arm and a leg. All in all, therefore, something of a backpacker’s dream.
What Are the Different Wedding Photography Styles?
In wedding photography, the main focus is on the wedding couple. After all, the whole event revolves around these two...
7 Reasons Why You Need to Hire a Professional for Your Video Marketing Campaign
Benefits of Video Production Companies Did you know that companies using video content experience a 41% increase in traffic through...
Examining 5 Latest Trends in Packing Design
Businesses that don’t carefully plan their packaging design are setting themselves up for failure. All of the trends in packing...
5 Contractors Every Homeowner Should Have on Speed Dial
Being a homeowner or a landlord are particularly responsible tasks. There are many things that can go wrong but these...
How does Blockchain Help to Enhance Security for your Business?
Blockchain technology has been associated with cryptocurrencies for the most part. But it plays such an essential role in cybersecurity...
Comparium : Automated Website Testing Tool
Nowadays, growing an online business is not an easy task due to the higher competitors available in the market. You...
Seven Awesome Family-Friendly Places to Visit This 2020
Family trips should be an annual thing, don’t you agree? It’s during those moments that we make the best memories....
How to choose the perfect tungsten wedding band
Rings are important for every wedding. That’s how they symbolize the promise that people make to stay together forever. You...
10 Basic Sketching Techniques For Beginners
Lacking the gravitas as that of oil paints, pencil may not seem a showy artistic medium to many. However, if...
2020 CRM Brings Must-Have Trends for Retailers
There is no end to customer’s expectations. If you are already providing a premium product, they will expect from you...
FitGirl: Games for Re-repacking
So after you have a game’s introduction documents, you have numerous different parts that everyone probably won’t need. You’ll have...
Hоw tо Kеер Antѕ Out оf Yоur Kitсhеn
Dо уоu hаvе аntѕ in уоur kitсhеn? Antѕ аrе thе #1 Pеѕt in thе Australia ассоrding tо multiрlе ѕurvеуѕ. And...
Benefits of using mobile apps in your business organization
As we know the technology sector is at its peak this time, they are coming up with so many advancements...
7 Ways to Make UX Shine in 2020
UX is a crucial component of modern web design, and users’ expectations are constantly shifting. Though we cannot see into...
Now Selling Services Is Super Easy From Your WordPress Website
If you are in a profession that sells any sort of services offline, then this article can be really beneficial...
- Tech5 years ago
Creating An e-Commerce Website
- Tech5 years ago
Design Template Guidelines For Mobile Apps
- Business4 years ago
The Key Types Of Brochure Printing Services
- Travel8 years ago
Who Else Wants Also Nfl Hat
- General5 years ago
Kobe Bryant With His Unique Nba Jerseys
- Tech5 years ago
Climb Google Using These Checklists
- Tech6 years ago
Why Small Businesses Can't Ignore Mobile Technology
- Health6 years ago
Health Supplements For Sports Activities Nutrition