Marketers today understand how critical an online presence is for their business to survive. To get your business noticed online and to stand out from the crowd is no small task. We know one of the best ways to achieve this is through search engine optimisation (SEO) and digital marketing and both strategies all jam-packed with techniques.
Getting your site ranked on the search engines is crucial to the success your digital marketing campaigns. Creating great content is the first step in attracting site visitors and to gaining momentum in your online presence, however learning how to attach the right keywords to your content is imperative to the success of your content marketing and drive traffic to your website or link.
To get to grips with content marketing and SEO keyword selection, it’s a great idea to complete a digital marketing course to keep you up to date with the latest tips and techniques in all aspects of digital marketing.
Selected keywords are used to make it easier for potential customers to find your product, service of content. Having great content is pretty much useless if no one can find it. This is where keyword planning is imperative in content marketing. Keywords turn your site or blog into findable content – the main goal of digital marketing, right?
So, there can now be no doubt in your mind just how important keyword planning is to the success of your digital marketing efforts. What’s more – search engines just love keywords and can now even understand their synonyms.
The value of keywords
The true value of keywords cannot be recognised instantly, however over time using the optimum keywords for your business will prove invaluable to getting more search engine traffic as well as enabling your site or blog to rank faster with the search engines. Your selected keywords gives your site or blog the power to increase your search engine ranking.
Types of keywords
The type of keywords used in your content marketing depends on your particular industry, however there are a few points to keep in mind when making your keyword selection and putting them to good use. Taking into account the importance of keyword selection, it’s vital to understand the types of keywords.
Here are a few types of keywords that are sure to boost your digital marketing campaigns.
- Competitive brand names – This option is often gone unused and its benefits are usually not recognised but using your competitors company names can help you uncover valuable insights into your specific market.
- Longtail keywords – These type of keywords are used to target niche audiences rather than a mass marketing approach. Longtail keywords are usually three plus word searches and they have short-term and long-term benefits.
- Local rankings – When trying to increase your ranking locally it’s important to define your geotargeted keywords. This means targeting local potential customers and is a powerful way to grow your business locally.
- Product keywords – This may seem a little obvious to use your products as keywords, however they need to be selected carefully and should be very specific words and phrases that potential customers would enter when conducting a search.
- Customer keywords – Understanding how your customers is key to this type of keyword selection. Using the keywords that are of interest to them is vital.
Before you decide which keywords are right for your content marketing its crucial to spend time on proper keyword research. Think about your brand carefully to make sure your keyword planning is in line with your objectives and goals.
Google has a really helpful tool when it comes to keyword planning called the Google Ads Keyword Planner and it helps you get the basics in order before settling on which keywords to use.
Mix it up
To get the most from your final keyword selection it’s a good idea to strike a balance between the type of keywords you plan to use in your content marketing. Once you’ve decided on what keyword type mix to go for, you can then start to narrow down the list. Focus on what you believe will work for your brand and type of business to earn the results you want.