No one can make “a perfect’’ garden party, but we are all able to throw an amazing one. Of course, the attendees always play a big part in how the party turns out, but we can still control the outcome.
To be remembered as the best garden party thrower among your friends, and we’re here to help you. So, let’s take a look at some cool garden games that will keep your guests entertained.
The Best Garden Party Ideas
When deciding on the decoration, the games and the drinks/food that will be at your garden party, you will have to consider what they like. Are they fans of board games? Or do they enjoy delicious seafood?
It’s best to cater to the party to their taste. This is what every great party host would do.
Garden Party Decoration
The decoration is easily considered the most significant mood setter for your party, so make sure you plan accordingly.
Everything from lights, DIY decorations, flowers, plates, and anything considered decor will be necessary for the party’s feel.
- Candle Lanterns – They are excellent for adding a more personal feel to the whole experience. If this is what you want for your garden party, then definitely try to make them by yourself.
- Gazebo with Paper Lanterns – Gazebos are fantastic for dining in the backyard. If your garden allows it, then definitely invest in one, as you can always dine in the open when the weather allows it. The paper lanterns are another unique DIY decoration that will set the night’s mood and gently flicker in the background.
- Beautiful Invitations – Creating beautiful invitations for your guests will set the mood before they even arrive at the party. We suggest you put in the time and customize them for every guest.
- Vintage Garden Party – It’s always fun to go back a couple of decades and relive your favourite years. We suggest you dress the same way it was fashionable back then, playing the most famous music from those years, and having anything that reminds you of back then.
Food and Beverages for a Garden Party
Having delicious food at the party will always be a must. You’d want your garden party to have outstanding and delightful food.
Invest in excellent beverages as well. Ask what the attendees prefer to drink, and cater the drinks to their taste. Here are food and beverage ideas for your garden party.
- Beverage Station – If you plan to have more than 10 people attending your garden party, then you may want to set up an easily accessible beverage station. This would make things easier for you, as you don’t have to make sure every guest has a drink. They can have themselves.
- Making a Watermelon Keg – The fun watermelon kegs are the perfect beverage dispenser for yard parties. The summer vibes watermelons are a fan favourite. On top of that, you can make impressive cocktails mixed with the watermelon you had to remove when doing the keg.
- Food Station in a Dappled Shade – Like the beverage station, a food station will allow your guests’ free access to food. It’s always a great idea to position both stations in proximity to each other. Of course, if you plan to have your yard party in the evening, you can feel free to place it wherever comfortable.
- A Simple BBQ – There is nothing like throwing a simple BBQ party in your backyard. The delicious food, wonderful socializing, and just spending some quality time with friends make barbecue parties so nice. Remember to clean it thoroughly beforehand, though. Cleaning experts from Fantastic Services Group say that a poorly maintained barbie can really ruin a good meal.
Garden Party Games
While snacks, drinks, and giggles are great, you may want to toss in a fun game during your yard party. Ensuring that your guests are constantly occupied means that they will have a great time.
Just like the drinks and setting of your party, the games should be catered towards your guests. If you know them, then you can easily choose what games you should play.
If you don’t exactly know what they prefer, then you may want to ask them first. Here are some of the Fantastic team’s favourite party games.
- Hoopla – Absolute party classic; the hoopla game is simple, fun, and everyone can play it. This is a fantastic choice for people who want to have fun but don’t want to break a sweat.
- Skittles – Going bowling can be much less of a hassle. While not everyone can afford a private bowling alley at home, all of us can play Skittles at our garden parties.
- Bean Bag Toss – There is something fun about throwing corn-filled bags and trying to get them in the hole. If that’s your cup of tea, then you should give it a try at your next garden gathering. You can even DIY the game.
- DIY Mud Run While not for everyone, a mud run can be entertaining. If your garden allows it, or you have access to a place that does, then you and your friends should definitely give it a try. If all of you like to participate in competitions, then try a mud run competition with a prize for the winner.
Organizing a garden party can be a fun activity. Don’t forget you can make use of the garden at your office and throw a party there. Your colleagues will thank you. Of course, the way you organize it and the attendees also matter, but if you make things right, it’s guaranteed that everyone will have a great time.