This super visual, image and video-based platform gives you the freedom to share videos with your followers in a number of ways, but each video option has its own requirements and limitations. Because of this, getting the perfect Instagram video length can get confusing.
What Your Need to Know About the Perfect Instagram Feed Video Length
Let’s learn all about the Instagram video length limit:
● When it comes to videos made for your Instagram feed, these can be anywhere between 3 seconds long and 60 seconds long.
● Although 60 seconds is the maximum, this doesn’t mean your videos should always aim to be this long (shorter videos tend to perform better due to customer’s short attention span).
● Videos that are around 26 seconds long have been shown to perform best, this is your magic number.
● Keep your videos, informative, visually appealing, and to the point.
● Sound is a great addition, but don’t make your video’s rely on it since feed videos are muted until the viewer taps on it.
Instagram Story Video Length Limits
● Each story you post can only last up to 15 seconds maximum.
● If your need longer you can make several 15 second videos and they will still look continuous. Instagram does this automatically only for videos that are up to a minute long.
● Videos longer than that will have to be trimmed manually.
How Long Can Instagram Video Be on IGTV?
This platform was thought out specifically for longer-form video, so it does give you the perfect space to post longer video content. This is great for tutorials, presentations, testimonials, any content that requires more time.
● These videos can last anywhere from 15 seconds to 10 minutes.
● Pro Tip: If you have a verified account or an account with a large following, you are able to upload videos that last up to 60 minutes!
Are There Length Limits for Instagram Live Videos?
Live videos are perfect for businesses that want to promote a product, hype up a live event, give a behind the scenes look, or host a Q&A.
● This option is available on your stories by swiping right.
● Once your live video has started, a tracker will help you keep track of how long your video is, how many viewers are tuning in, and you can enable comments so that viewers can interact with you.
● Live videos can last up to 60 minutes.
Let’s Take a Little Branding Step Back!
No that you are an expert on any Instagram video length maximum! It’s time to step back. We have all seen a “brand” on Instagram using a product as their profile picture and posting random content of pictures and quotes makes you A) not trust that brand’s professionalism at all! and B) Dis encourages you to buy from them. Please be mindful about your brand on social media and act like a professional from the beginning.
If you don’t have a brand, there is no way around it. You can always simply try using an online logo creator to make the perfect image for your brand easily and on your own! Placeit for example, has tons of logo designs for all kinds of business industries that you can use to start making your own.